Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,757,793 members, 6,554,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 08:55 PM

The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere (8570 Views)

No More Death!!! Calico, Company Designed To Ultimatlely Cure Dead. / Machine Turns Sweat Into Drinking water / Turkish 'Vampire' Gives-up Blood Drinking, Biting Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Dainfamous: 1:34am On Jan 11, 2013
While nigeria is still sleeping



The LifeStraw removes at least of 99.99999% of waterborne bacteria and can filter up to 1000L of water.

Throughout the world, an estimated 884 million people still do not have access to clean sources of water. According to the LifeStraw manufacturers, the device contains no chemicals or batteries and makes it possible to drink safely from any river, lake or puddle.

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Idowuogbo(f): 1:38am On Jan 11, 2013
wow! i want oneeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by ektbear: 1:57am On Jan 11, 2013
Interesting.
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by moneyhungry(m): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
wow!
so incase my drinking water gets finished at midnight, i can use it to drink water from my toilet, drink fuel from my generator or drink kerosene from my stove!

12 Likes

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by slap1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
Even the water from Aba gutters?

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Regiblinkz(m): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
ekt_bear: Interesting.
the thing make sense sha...*3rd to comment*..*faints*

3 Likes

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Kx: 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2013
Are they saying with this "device" one can now drink potopoto water?

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
How about impurities from soft drinks and beer?
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by manny4life(m): 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
I'm about to import this ship load to Nigeria, everyone must have one grin grin grin grin
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
the device contains no chemicals or batteries and makes it possible to drink safely from any river, lake or puddle





So what could be responsible for the supposedly trustworthy filteration proccess to be acheived after sucking water from the sewage?

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by moneyhungry(m): 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2013
Regiblinkz: the thing make sense sha...*3rd to comment*..*faints*
pls dont faint yet: i was 3rd to comment! .
now, u can die.

3 Likes

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by NoContract(m): 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
[size=18pt]one word: SLAVES[/size]
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by vickyozohu(f): 3:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
how can it be?
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Ejine(m): 3:13pm On Jan 11, 2013
money-hungry :
wow!
so incase my drinking water gets finished at midnight, i can use it to drink water from my toilet, drink fuel from my generator or drink kerosene from my stove!

Ride on, bros. Nothing do you.

3 Likes

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by bashydemy(m): 3:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
Can i believe this is real?

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Ejine(m): 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2013
Lifestraw is no match for the power of... MAKOKO WATER.
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Kslib(m): 3:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
I trust naija girls,dem go begin use this straw form for eatery......
Ehen,before i forget,abeg make una no dey share this straw with person oh.. I know say na everything una sabi share....

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Kx: 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
Such a sensitive topic, yet no source?

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Walexz02(m): 3:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
No batteries,no chemicals....then what filters the water?
God development....
Btwn, what does the OP means by while Nigeria is still sleeping?
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Artistree(f): 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
What then, filters the water and makes it pure for consumption?
Do you get to see the impurities in the straw after drinking the water?
I can't imagine risking my health for such experiment!!!!
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Redmosquito(m): 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
Filters 99.99% of germs! D remaining 0.01% that make it through go bad gan!

8 Likes

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by mu2sa2: 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
Great invention. But purifies to 99.99999% level. U gamble ur life with the 0.000001% remnant bacteria left in the water!
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by snthesis(m): 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ishsoph: the device contains no chemicals or batteries and makes it possible to drink safely from any river, lake or puddle





So what could be responsible for the supposedly trustworthy filteration proccess to be acheived after sucking water from the sewage?
its called ultra filteration, water molecules are sized to pass through the filter.
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by skidos4u(m): 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
i saw d xzibitn too on NTA. dats a 1da4ul discovery. naija got talents.
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by Natudu: 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
See the difference between the man ''dirty'' water and dem pikin own!

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by firestar(f): 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2013
Lifestraw....






Does it work on watery graves like say oil-slurged water?
Or bio-hazardous toxic wastes...?
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by pak: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
Redmosquito: Filters 99.99% of germs! D remaining 0.01% that make it through go bad gan!

@red mosquito, I can now confirm that you are a mad man ! grin grin grin

by the way, I was the first person to like the post

1 Like

Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by babaowo: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
Make unah go test am for under bridge at IDDO and IJORA water na today stories!
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by kenraj(m): 4:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
money-hungry :

pls dont faint yet: i was 3rd to comment! .
now, u can die.

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by stupor(m): 5:06pm On Jan 11, 2013
Regiblinkz: the thing make sense sha...*3rd to comment*..*faints*

Haba !

What's with all these first to comment ishhhh !

I wish there could be a devise to 'slap' someone online whò wòuld always put this sickly 'first to comment lame posts !

Haba na ! Too childish abeg !
Re: The Lifestraw: Water Filter, Designed To Provide Safe Drinking Water Anywhere by bigfat: 5:15pm On Jan 11, 2013
[size=20pt]SEE technology CAN THIS BE REAL ?[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World Will Not End In 2012 - NASA / How To Download Windows 10 Activator? / A Company In Lagos Sells Laptop For #8,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.