Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 (6967 Views)

Bc / 15 Fastest Growing Small Business OPPORTUNITIES and IDEAS In Nigeria For 2013 / 13 Business Ideas For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by molisk(f): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2013

1. Explore, Dream, Discover

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

2. Dare Mighty Things

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt

3. Ambition and Persistence
“Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” Bill Bradley

4. Drudgery and Triumph
“Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph: a beginning, a struggle and a victory.” – Mahatma Gandhi

5. Do the Job you have in Hand

“I studied the lives of great men and famous women, and I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm and hard work.” – Harry Truman

6. The Man who Thinks He Can

“If you think you are beaten, you are. If you think you dare not, you don’t! If you want to win, but think you can’t, It’s almost a cinch you won’t. If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost; For out in the world, we find success begins with a fellow’s will; it’s all in the state of the mind. Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger and faster man, but sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.” – Walter D. Wintle

7. Mistakes are the Best Teachers

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John C. Maxwell

8. Happiness is the Key to Success

“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer

9. Consistent Growth And Progress

“Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin

10. Do what you Love

“When you do what you love, the seemingly impossible becomes simply challenging, the laborious becomes purposeful resistance, the difficult loses its edge and is trampled by your progress.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

Source: http://www.successstories.co.in/top-10-entrepreneurship-quotes-to-live-by/

12 Likes

Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Slyr0x: 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2013
molisk:
10. Do what you Love

“When you do what you love, the seemingly impossible becomes simply challenging, the laborious becomes purposeful resistance, the difficult loses its edge and is trampled by your progress.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

I love this most! Turning One's Hobby into a Career

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by methodman(m): 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
molisk:

1. Explore, Dream, Discover

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

2. Dare Mighty Things

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt

“Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” Bill Bradley

4. Drudgery and Triumph
“Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph: a beginning, a struggle and a victory.” – Mahatma Gandhi

5. Do the Job you have in Hand

“I studied the lives of great men and famous women, and I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm and hard work.” – Harry Truman

6. The Man who Thinks He Can

“If you think you are beaten, you are. If you think you dare not, you don’t! If you want to win, but think you can’t, It’s almost a cinch you won’t. If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost; For out in the world, we find success begins with a fellow’s will; it’s all in the state of the mind. Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger and faster man, but sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.” – Walter D. Wintle

7. Mistakes are the Best Teachers

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John C. Maxwell

8. Happiness is the Key to Success

“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer

9. Consistent Growth And Progress

“Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin

10. Do what you Love

Source: http://www.successstories.co.in/top-10-entrepreneurship-quotes-to-live-by/
...1st.......Nice writeup
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Emylexray(m): 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
Nice. . .but ''quotes don't really work unless you do, if you just read these quotes without taking a bold step towards effecting them, they won't work!"

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by moderatorr: 1:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
You could find more of such in the url on my signature below
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Closetoheart: 1:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
Slyr0x:

I love this most! Turning One's Hobby into a Career

I love sex, can I turn it into a career? smiley smiley smiley

Yeye people
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Emylexray(m): 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
Yeah! I love number 10

chose a job you love and you won't work for a day.
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by drzed: 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2013
methodman: ...1st.......Nice writeup

Hmmm, I bow for your method o, methodman:
You quoted the long post of the OP only to add/comment with just three words and 10 dots grin grin

But yes, it is a very nice writeup indeed.
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Slyr0x: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2013
Closetoheart:

Yeye people

Why not?!

Look at p0rn acts like Sasha Grey, Gianna Michaels, Jenna Haze etc; they started just like you, made it a career and they are doing very fine wink

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Meklex(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
Closetoheart:

Yeye people
ofcourse you can, for the ladies you can venture into prostiti0n,, for the guys you look out for sugar mummies,, these immoral businesses are very lucrative
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Kslib(m): 1:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
11... INVEST IN GARRI BUSINESS: I keep telling people,invest in garri business.. Do you know how many people in Nigeria drink garri per day.. You may think it's a waste of time,but a cheap commodity consumed by millions of people per day can make you a millionaire in a week.. Do you also know that Nigerians comsume garri more than "oxygen".(weird huh,but true)
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
They are most relevant...thanks for the tips/motivational quotes
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by dabrake(m): 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
Closetoheart:

Yeye people
you fit be professional p0rnstar nah. Those people get fans for youtube and followers for twitter.
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Shalome(m): 1:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
This is the sweetestestestsweety post of the week,nice one op
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
I thought secondary school have resume, what's wrong with all dis small boys making joke out of a serious topic. Dats why they all read mathematics text books like novel. Nuisance.
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by ignis: 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
moderatorr: You could find more of such in the url on my signature below
Thanks
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
All those points listed above hAve always worked for me. It also takes an Extra factor that makes all the difference.
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
molisk:

In my opinion, this is the best quote up there. If you don't have consistency, all other skills/attributes are bullsh1t!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by dilbert100: 2:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
nice post
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by feasy1(m): 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
beautiful quotes......
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by bigfat: 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
[size=30pt]DONT GIVE UP [/size]---> SUPPOSE DEY THERE
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by molisk(f): 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
Well said, ambition and persistence needed to stay happy and going.
Shollypopz:

In my opinion, this is the best quote up there. If you don't have consistency, all other skills/attributes are bullsh1t!!
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by ba7man(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2013
Closetoheart:

Yeye people
You will make a fine P0rnstar...All the best.
Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by omaojo1: 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Nice post,

Self believe even when the world says you're wrong.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by Raxxye(m): 7:37am On Jan 12, 2013
Nice morning tonic for me. It couldn‘t have come at a better time than now that I‘m about to venture out. Thanks,OP.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by popson1(m): 11:16am On Jan 12, 2013
so inspirational. couldnt have come at a better time. thanks op.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Quotes For 2013 by molisk(f): 3:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
Thanks very much for liking my effort cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Free Zone Is A White-elephant And Failed Project? / Capital Inflows Into Nigeria Fall By 46.86% / Prediction E-Learning Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.