Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo (1023 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo & His Wives Cause A Stir At Abuja Airport (photos) / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by jpilata(m): 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
The palace fire was caused by PHCN’s actions. The Oyo monarch, Lamidi Adeyemi, has said the palace had the premonition of the fire outbreak which destroyed property and artefacts during the week.
The Alaafin, who was speaking during the sympathy visit of the caretaker chairmen of local governments under his domain, said Ori, one of the deities affected by the inferno, had told them that there would be a fire incident in the palace and told them to disconnect the wires connecting its room.
“We were told that there would be fire and we actually didn’t take the warning for a joke. But we thought we were going to do the disconnection the following morning.That following morning never came,”he said.
Recalling the significance of damage done to the palace, Mr. Adeyemi said while the property and other material lost to the fire could be replaced, the artefacts, which tell about the culture and history of Yoruba race, have gone for life.
“Apart from coming here to sympathise with the Oyo palace, I think we should see this incident as acolossal hit to the Yoruba race. It means that most of the things that the generations succeeding us would point to as identity of their history have gone,” said the monarch.
How fire started
The palace has officially stated that the fire was caused by an electrical surge.
According to the Alaafin, the PHCN took off electricity supply from the palace the night preceding the inferno. So, a generator was used to supply power to the palace through the night.
When the PHCN restored electricity supply early in the morning, the voltage was too high, igniting fire which wrecked monumental havoc tothe palace.
Since the incident, the Oyo monarch has been receiving visitors, who throng his palace to sympathise with him. Among the first callers was the Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, who promised to assist in rebuilding the burnt portion after he was taken through the affected premises.
Source http://premiumtimesng.com/news/114883-yoruba-deity-warned-us-of-palace-fire-alaafin-of-oyo.html
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by free13: 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
Iku Baba Yeye!!!
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by nduchucks: 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
j.pilata:

The Alaafin, who was speaking during the sympathy visit of the caretaker chairmen of local governments under his domain, said Ori, one of the deities affected by the inferno, had told them that there would be a fire incident in the palace and told them to disconnect the wires connecting its room.

E be like say the Alafin has a TD Joshua in the form of a deity name Ori in his palace. The Alafin appears to also be suffering from delusion because he claimed that some inanimate object, named Ori spoke to him.

This Alafin is a confused bushrat in my opinion, a joker.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by tpia5: 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
Probe, probe, probe.

Investigate.

Oyibos would make sure they get to the root of the matter.
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by Ilaje44(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2013

Who are the journalists refering to as ...Mr. Adeyemi said...? SMH!
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by seanet01: 7:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
ndu_chucks:

E be like say the Alafin has a TD Joshua in the form of a deity name Ori in his palace. The Alafin appears to also be suffering from delusion because he claimed that some inanimate object, named Ori spoke to him.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
nduchucks you must be M.A.D.
How dare you?
You think this is King that will teaches his subjects how to blow up people with bombs?
You are the real delusional one.
Don't dare come here and talk to any Yoruba King like that again.
Ode buruku
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by nduchucks: 8:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
seanet01: nduchucks you must be M.A.D.
How dare you?
You think this is King that will teaches his subjects how to blow up people with bombs?
You are the real delusional one.
Don't dare come here and talk to any Yoruba King like that again.
Ode buruku

This is 2012 and not 12 AD. I'm afraid you too must be delusional if you believe that the inanimate object Ori informed the Alafin of the impending fire.

It is because of the kind of mentality that you have that your leaders continue to deceive you people while stealing the wealth of your children and grand children with impunity.

If you can show us that some Ori informed the Alafin of anything, I'm all ears.
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by seanet01: 8:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
ndu_chucks:

This is 2012 and not 12 AD. I'm afraid you too must be delusional if you believe that the inanimate object Ori informed the Alafin of the impending fire.

It is because of the kind of mentality that you have that your leaders continue to deceive you people while stealing the wealth of your children and grand children with impunity.

nduchuks you need serious mental rehabilitation. Are you now on assorted weeds?
You can not force your view on Yorubas
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by fola4luv(m): 11:34pm On Jan 12, 2013
This uncultured udks is mad!I don't blame him,Omo ti o niran ni.
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I'm not saying that I believe the Alafin, but I think you're the one suffering from delusion in this scenario. Had it been he spoke with white Jesus (god), you would have believed him and not call it inanimate. Just look at the inferiority complex of a black man like you.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by nduchucks: 12:15am On Jan 13, 2013
donedy:

I'm not saying that I believe the Alafin, but I think you're the one suffering from delusion in this scenario. Had it been he spoke with white Jesus (god), you would have believed him and not call it inanimate. Just look at the inferiority complex of a black man like you.

ode ni e. Who is talking about Jesus here? History tells us that Jesus lived on earth and He is mentioned in both the Bible and the Koran. This Ori of yours is an inanimate object and you people remain delusional if you thing the Alafin heard from him.

@seanet01, you claim that you are an Egba boy but I bet you are oblivious of your own history. olodo
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 13, 2013
Ori should have spoken to the PHCN officials to cut the power supply nah? Abi network no dey?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by oturugo(m): 12:39am On Jan 13, 2013
ndu_chucks:

seconded.
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by nobaga: 12:51am On Jan 13, 2013
You wonder why their Jesus makers call them dark continent for sucking up everything and denouncing their own. Ask him, he is a very proud catholic.

donedy:

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 13, 2013
ndu_chucks:

ode ni e. Who is talking about Jesus here? History tells us that Jesus lived on earth and He is mentioned in both the Bible and the Koran. This Ori of yours is an inanimate object and you people remain delusional if you thing the Alafin heard from him.

@seanet01, you claim that you are an Egba boy but I bet you are oblivious of your own history. olodo

It's unfortunately that you're still spilling your idiosyncratic behavior, which further worsens your deluded mind. How does Jesus translate to a God if he was a human, fool. Exactly my point, because it was mentioned in the bible and in the Koran, inferiority-minded souls like you will classify him to be true. It's better to worship someone that you aspired to be a supreme being but haven't seen than to worship a mortal like you. Idiots like you will likely worship TB Joshua because he is a prophet.

This Ori of yours is an inanimate object and you people remain delusional if you thing the Alafin heard from him.

You just kept countering your argument by that statement. You must be delusional thinking that Jesus rose from the dead and all he speaks with all those money-chasing pastors. Ewu!
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by nduchucks: 1:03am On Jan 13, 2013
donedy:

It's unfortunately that you're still spilling your idiosyncratic behavior, which further worsens your deluded mind. How does Jesus translate to a God if he was a human, fool. Exactly my point, because it was mentioned in the bible and in the Koran, inferiority-minded souls like you will classify him to be true. It's better to worship someone that you aspired to be a supreme being but haven't seen than to worship a mortal like you. Idiots like you will likely worship TB Joshua because he is a prophet.

This Ori of yours is an inanimate object and you people remain delusional if you thing the Alafin heard from him.

You just kept countering your argument by that statement. You must be delusional thinking that Jesus rose from the dead and all he speaks with all those money-chasing pastors. Ewu!

I don't have time to discuss with intellectual midgets. Stop telling bold face lies. All I have said was that your Ori is an inanimate object, probably made out of plywood. smiley All the other crap you are spewing simply shows that you lack English comprehension. You can continue to argue with yourself.

Do you believe that Alafin heard from this Ori or not? Jesus has nothing to do with this issue. mumu
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 13, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I don't have time to discuss with intellectual midgets. Stop telling bold face lies. All I have said was that your Ori is an inanimate object, probably made out of plywood. smiley All the other crap you are spewing simply shows that you lack English comprehension. You can continue to argue with yourself.

Do you believe that Alafin heard from this Ori or not? Jesus has nothing to do with this issue. mumu

Hahaha.. Based on our written comments, one can easily judge who among us lacks English comprehension. More so, If you had read my initial reply to your comment, you would have known my stance on the issue. My job as your fellow black man was just to enlighten my deluded brother who happens to disgracing himself in a public forum.

Also, I think I've done my job. You can either take my advice or continue on your religious deluded dogmatic-ridden path, which makes you not less better than Boko Horam.
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by nduchucks: 2:01am On Jan 13, 2013
donedy:

Hahaha.. Based on our written comments, one can easily judge who among us lacks English comprehension. More so, If you had read my initial reply to your comment, you would have known my stance on the issue. My job as your fellow black man was just to enlighten my deluded brother who happens to disgracing himself in a public forum.

Also, I think I've done my job. You can either take my advice or continue on your religious deluded dogmatic-ridden path, which makes you not less better than Boko Horam.

I can see that you prejudged my first post, but for now I forgive you and will give you the opportunity to provide us with some education.

Please explain to me why the Alafin's claim regarding the said Ori should be taken seriously. Please enlighten us about this deity. Thanks in advance. P.S. Its OK to say you don't know if that is indeed the case.
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by seanet01: 3:35am On Jan 13, 2013
ndu_chucks:

What history nducattle?
The part that says Egbaland was the first to get independent?
The part that says the first church in West Africa was built in Egbaland?
The Part that says Egbaland has the first hospital in Nigeria?
The part that says Egbaland has the first Newspaper in Nigeria?
The part that says Egbaland were the first to use Artillery (cannons) in Nigeria?
The Part that says it was Egba people that first Got liberated from Oyo Kingdom which eventually led to the downfall of Oyo Kingdom?
The part that says the Egba people were the earliest to have been able to read and write through the help of returned Egba saro who formerly slaves?
Nducattle let me know.
Olodo
Re: Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo by DuduNegro: 6:09am On Jan 13, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I am surprised that someone as highly educated as yourself would utter such a nonsense. You dissapointed me chucks.

When weather forecasters gaze at inanimate instruments to tell you if it will rain or snow tomorrow why do you believe them?

When prospectors look at inanimate vectors and tell you how shares of facebook are going to perform you believe them dont you?

You should reflect before you talk about Yoruba deities. Many of the technologies that subsist life today are formulated on a discrete system of pairing and polarity and were borrowed from ancient Yoruba teachings.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Full Text Transcript Of Gej's CNN Interview / New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In / The True Story Of Outrage Over Baga, Borno State Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.