Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,451 members, 7,781,306 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:07 PM

The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. (22230 Views)

Various Ghanaian Dishes / The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World:::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Shalome(m): 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2013
#6. Ikizukuri

[img]http://3.bp..com/_ZbfMIeWm8BY/TNlm5PEnevI/AAAAAAAAAss/r_2Y90CAVWU/s1600/ikizukuri.jpg[/img]

Origin: Japan

What's so Bad About it?-

Imagine you are in Japan. You walk in to a sushi place and order the first thing that sounds appetizing. "Oh," you say to yourself, "Ikizukuri. What an appetizing jumble of Japanese sounding syllables." And just then, a scene of pure unspeakable horror unveils before your terrified eyes as the cook grabs a fish out of a tank and starts slicing it up while it flops around on the cutting board in front of you. Then he throws it on your plate, the fish still twitching and knocking around your side dishes.

Wait, What?-

"Ikizukuri" literally means "prepared alive" and it delivers on everything the name implies and explicitly states:

You can even choose your own fish for the kill, so if you're an asshole you can go for the one which seems happiest at the moment. The chef will then use his Matrix skills to partially gut and cut it up in mere seconds and serve it you. The trick here? He must cut the fish without killing it. With its heart exposed and beating, gills still working, trying to gasp for air and those last few seconds of pain-filled consciousness, staring at you with its slowly dying eyes which ask you in a fainting tone... "Why... . why... wh... y... w," your fish is ready for eating.

It Gets Worse:-

Often the chef will take the pieces he cut from the fish and "reassemble" them, like some nightmarish jigsaw puzzle. It might be considered quite spectacular from a culinary point of view, but thinking of it as some form of sick joke to taunt the fish is much more rewarding.

For an equally horrifying variation, the Chinese have Yin Yang Fish, which involves dipping the living fish into oil and frying it alive, but again just enough that it is still living right up until you plunge your fork into its terrified little face.

===========
#5. Ortolan

Origin: France

What's so Bad About it?

An ortolan bird is about six inches long and weighs just four ounces. It's olive green and yellow, with a touch of ruby here and there. Most people who look at them immediately want to keep ortolans as pets and give them funny un-bird like names, such as Jerry or Ginger. Others want to torture and drown them for gluttonous needs of gourmets everywhere.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_LVFKS9d2bTM/Sg6YrXthppI/AAAAAAAAD5A/4e4IH4Fo4R4/s400/Ortolan+preppedsmall.jpg[/img]

Wait, What?

The recipe for ortolan is this: Capture the bird in the wild, blind it using a pair of pincers, stick it in a tight cage so it can't move, keep it on a diet of millet, grapes and figs until it reaches two to four times its normal size, and then drown it in a snifter of Armagnac. We are still undecided if the last part makes this whole dish gruesome or totally fucking sweet.

The secret to enjoying Ortolan is in the way you eat it. After roasting the bird for six to eight minutes, you cover your face with a napkin, place the whole bird inside your mouth, with only it's head and beak sticking out... and bite down.

The head falls into the napkin, while you slowly bite through Jerry's tiny bones, tiny muscles and even tinier innards. The finale comes when you bite through its lungs and stomach, releasing pockets of brandy into your mouth.
The covering your face with a napkin part is said to have been started by a priest, Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, who did it to hide his gluttony from God. Though we'd think it probably also kept him from getting kicked out of multiple restaurants.

===========

#4. Feng Gan Ji

www.cracked.com/articleimages/dan/crueldishes/feng2.jpg">

Origin: Tibet/China

What's so Bad About it?

Feng Gan Ji literally means "wind dried chicken," which sounds like a new eco-hippy marketing campaign devised by the Colonel. To prepare this dish, you basically need four things: A chicken, a sharp knife, an exceptionally well skilled chef and a heart as black and cold as the most lifeless corners of outer space.

Wait, What?

Remember that scene in The Dark Knight where it turned out the Joker sewed a bomb inside his henchman's stomach? Feng Gan Ji is quite similar to it, only instead of a bomb the chef uses marinade, spices, herbs and whatever culinary secret ingredients he might have picked up at the Lucifer Gastronomical University (located in the seventh circle of Hell). He does all that, aptly upstaging the Joker (which is a feat in itself), after cutting open the still-alive chicken, removing its intestines and sewing it back up. The chicken is then strung upside down to dry in the wind.

What? It can't even be windy in that room. This chef must be new.

The chickens usually enjoy a few agonizing seconds of consciousness after the ordeal, dangling on the string, clucking away in the wind, screaming "For the love of God, why are you doing this to us?!" as they are forced to see hundreds of their fellow chickens subjected to the same torture. And when the bird clucks its final "cluck" the last thing it will see will be its mangled and tortured brothers and sisters. Anyone else hungry?

===========
#4 Grilled Unborn Lamb

First, an entire pregnant female goat is butchered and thrown onto a charcoal fire to burn until it turns a golden brown color. When it is entirely baked, the cook will then cut through its abdomen to take out the cooked, unborn lamb from inside its mother’s body. It is said that in this manner, the softness of the young lamb can offer the diner an especially pleasing taste.

===========
#3 A Live Monkey's Brain

The following dish is actually quite a murderous scene, and the ensuing feast can be quite gruesome. A captured monkey is first forcibly pulled to the dining table. The monkey is tightly held with hoops over its hands and legs. One of the diners uses a hammer to knock hard enough to actually create a hole in the live monkey’s head. Its cracked skull opens from its head and the diners use a stick of iron rod to extract the monkey’s brain. The monkey usually screams terribly before dying near the table.
Some of the more aggressive and “hungry” diners may actually use their spoons to scrape through the bloody monkey’s brain, eating in a greedy manner as though they have not eaten in a long time. The diners continue to eat the raw brain completely, often with their fingers and hands covered with smelly blood. Others may prefer to dip the raw brain into a traditional herb soup in order to add to the aroma while eating.

===========
#2 Roasted Duck Legs

Here is another popular food that begins with a live animal. A live duck is placed on a slightly hot frying pan. Prior to this, an appropriate amount of seasonings is rubbed all over the duck’s body. Due to the heat of the hot-plate, the duck will obviously try to make every attempt to get off of the hot metal, and from time to time, it will try to jump out of the pan.
Finally, the legs will become fully roasted, while its body is still actually alive. The cook will then cut off the duck’s legs for them to be placed on a plate to be ready to serve hot to the diner. The remaining part of the duck is then put in the freezer for other future uses.

===========
#1 Baby Herbal Soup: The Most Horrifying, Cruel and Disgusting Delicacy Ever

This is an even more horrid nightmare when people are eating human foetuses or preborn babies for a nutritional value and to boost sexual power, overall health and stamina. Now, though, the world is encouraging and at times tolerating with abortion issues and ignorance which has allowed the selling of and consumption of human foetuses. What on earth is going on in this world?
There is a growing trend of eating humans in a town located in the Southern province of Canton (Guangdong), China. This delicacy is called “Spare Rib Soup” in the local jargon and it is said to be a nutritional food to help boost stamina, improve overall health while enhancing sexual performance (potency). Allegedly, this human foetus dish is claimed to gain popularity in Shenzhen, China

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
Feng Gan Ji is quite similar to it, only instead of a bomb the chef uses marinade, spices, herbs and whatever culinary secret ingredients he might have picked up at the Lucifer Gastronomical University (located in the seventh circle of Hell).

grin grin grin

Stuff liek this is why I love cracked.

@topic; number 1 in particular, I don't understand the type of pleasure anyone can gain from eating a live animal that is still moving. The thought alone is painful.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by ocelot2006(m): 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
Haba, the poster is funny oh. We have a name for No.6 in Naija: POINT AND KILL.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by wheesin(m): 12:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
jESUS POWer Superpower...is food or doof ?..disgustin,iritatin,nauseatin, *faints whil cursin*

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by koolet: 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2013
Even baby chicken ??shocked Everything iz bad about it.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by djeezy(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2013
Nothing to comment.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2013
The last picture made me sad. WTF? if am in restaurant and they serve somebody a cooked fetus. i will pull my gun, shoot the hotel manager, the waiter, and the customer that requested for it. I ain't joking!!

25 Likes

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by warrior101: 12:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
hahahhaa

I prefer the duck leg to others. but yuck!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2013
Disgusting...YUCK!!!
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Slizbeat(m): 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2013
What could possibly make a normal human being eat[b]#1[/b] if that person is not a cannibal?? Gosh.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by decode55(m): 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
JEEZ! some people can be so so disgusting! angry angry
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
I just hate you right now. Yes you! The messenger that brought this message and the moderator that puts this in front page!

angry

6 Likes

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by yuzedo: 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
shocked shocked shocked TF?!?!
**pukes and dies**
(((((( Trauma ))))))) cry embarassed

The worst thing I've eaten before is ram d(i)ck.... Tasty! grin tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
I like the baby herbal soup and the live monkey brain. Must taste those sometime.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by LaBonito(f): 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
Pls how can i post a topic here?
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
SimonAndal: I like the baby herbal soup and the live monkey brain. Must taste those sometime.

Would have tasted better if you were the feotus or the monkey! grin

12 Likes

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by raynold17(m): 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
Blood of Jesus number 3 and 1 are horrible lord have mercy..
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by yuzedo: 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
La Bonito: Pls how can i post a topic here?
Send me your phone number and I'll teach you how to post topics..wink

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by executinal(m): 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mehn no 1 is the worst. How cruel and wicked this world is. Alot happens thank GOD for civilization.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
This is evil na...but what is the difference between killing the animals for eating and eating it live?
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Tomeseen(f): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2013
Eeuyyyeeewwwww. Delicacy my foot. This is the stuff nightmares are made of. Anyone dt eats dt kind of dish is not fit to live on earth.

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Kslib(m): 12:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
Chai!!!!!! Jesus!!!!!!! This chinese are fuuccking mad!!! I cant beleive this....
*****picks Ak 47 and heads to china******

6 Likes

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by claremont(m): 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
The last one is cannibalism. The rest of them are okay for people who fancy sushi meals, I prefer my meals well-done.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Kslib(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
executinal: Mehn no 1 is the worst. How cruel and wicked this world is. Alot happens thank GOD for civilization.
This has nothing to do with civilization.. China is a more civilised society than naija,but this can never happen in Naija...
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by jeezybuck: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
People of Canton (Guangdong), China should be wiped off the surface of the earth. Bastards

3 Likes

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by visionbiafra: 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
Number 1 is particularly inhumane. #Spits# Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
no source link?
surely the OP didnt pull this outta his azz!
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Biim: 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ewwwwww!please someone should tell me that the last pix isn't real.

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2013
Monkey Brain??

There are so many d.umb baggaz in China. No wonder they look like Golum.......... SMH

4 Likes

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by jaymichael(m): 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
person go chop all these nonsense? when nkwobi, ogunfe, suya, bush meat, point and kill, etc etc etc... dey there. I trust African people we no dey chop nonsense.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by tellwisdom: 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by BUSHMAN1: 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2013
angry angry angry
raynold17 :
Blood of Jesus number 3 and 1 are horrible lord have mercy..
what has blood of jesus got to do with all this food? abi you wan drink/wash number 3 down with blood of jesus?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Easter Fried Rice | Step By Step Guide To Make Fried Rice / Who Else Finds It Difficult Eating Food Without Meat, Fish Or Egg? / See How I Made This Simple Sauce Using Minced Meat (pics And Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.