Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,892 members, 7,798,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. (22247 Views)

Various Ghanaian Dishes / The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World:::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by thoth: 5:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
I was NOT the one that cracked the skull. The waiter did that one then there was a tray of spice you can sprinkle on the brain, after being cracked the brain will be kinda vibrating or some kind of spasmodic movements, the others guys would urge you to eat up cus that is when it tastes better.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by DeepSight(m): 5:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
thoth: I was NOT the one that cracked the skull. The waiter did that one then there was a tray of spice you can sprinkle on the brain, after being cracked the brain will be kinda vibrating or some kind of spasmodic movements, the others guys would urge you to eat up cus that is when it tastes better.

Are you sick? Don't you get the point? Its not about who breaks the head: the disgusting and barbaric point is that it is broken and the brain eaten live.

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Ishilove: 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
thoth: I was NOT the one that cracked the skull. The waiter did that one then there was a tray of spice you can sprinkle on the brain, after being cracked the brain will be kinda vibrating or some kind of spasmodic movements, the others guys would urge you to eat up cus that is when it tastes better.
It is savage, whether you cracked it or not.

Dang!!! sad
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by razznaija(f): 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
ehyah i feel so sorry for those animals RIP joor
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by FXKing2012(m): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
alyarmouk: I think i prefer the foetus pepper soup. looks soft
I think u need deliverance.

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by FXKing2012(m): 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
thoth: I have eaten the monkey brain in Hong kong in the late 90's. I think the poster tried to make it sound horrible. The monkey is usually held with some metal straps and only the head appears on the table and IT IS THE WAITER THAT BREAKS IT NOT THE GUEST. The brains turn foamy and the blood lines turn brown if you sprinkle vinegear on it. It is actually tasty especially when the brain is still warm. Drink it down with a bottle of Maltai white wine and you will experience heaven.
To be candid, your description of the experience makes me wanna have a taste.

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by AGgal(f): 8:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

LOOK AT NIGERIANS STU.PID MENTALITY! OF ALL THE ONES, THEY PICK THE ONE OF AN ALREADY DEAD HUMAN FOETUS TO SHOW SYMPATHY, WHEN THERE ARE ANIMALS BEING EATEN AND TORTURED "ALIVE"!

in my opinion, the fish 1 was extremely cruel and also the monkey one.
So we have animals on NL?

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by thoth: 6:55am On Jan 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

Are you sick? Don't you get the point? Its not about who breaks the head: the disgusting and barbaric point is that it is broken and the brain eaten live.
there is no difference between cracking the skull when it is alive and cracking it when it is "dead" it all means killing it, whether you killed it by cracking the brain or by cutting its throat you still acomplished the same thing which is taking the life out of it. Unless you are against killing animals i don't see the point of your arguments. Please don't call me sick you pretentious dumb hypocrite.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by thoth: 6:59am On Jan 15, 2013
Ishilove:
It is savage, whether you cracked it or not.

Dang!!! sad
think it through again and keep in mind that isi ewu and nkwobi is made with goat and cow brains mixed with spice to form a paste. It is not so savage now is it ?
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by FXKing2012(m): 7:32am On Jan 15, 2013
thoth:
there is no difference between cracking the skull when it is alive and cracking it when it is "dead" it all means killing it, whether you killed it by cracking the brain or by cutting its throat you still acomplished the same thing which is taking the life out of it. Unless you are against killing animals i don't see the point of your arguments. Please don't call me sick you pretentious dumb hypocrite.
Yes there is really no difference btw cracking the skull with a club and cutting the throat wt a knife. In fact, using a club to crack the skull is even more humane cos the monkey loses consciousness immediately unlike making the animal go thru the torture of slowly slitting the throat.

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by birdman(m): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2013
thoth:

The torture of the animal while alive is part of the experience. This is what makes it barbaric. It is one think to kill for food. It is another thing to kill for fun, enjoying the animals suffering while eating eat. Kai! even the wildest of beasts does not do this.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by thoth: 10:14am On Jan 15, 2013
^^
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by thoth: 10:27am On Jan 15, 2013
birdman:

The torture of the animal while alive is part of the experience. This is what makes it barbaric. It is one think to kill for food. It is another thing to kill for fun, enjoying the animals suffering while eating eat. Kai! even the wildest of beasts does not do this.
FXKing2012 whom i believe has better knowledge of the basic mammal anatomy and works of the nervous system has put it plain enough for you to understand. If i am to repeat albeit in the form of a question i would like to ask you - knocking the monkey out and cutting its throat(letting it bleed out and spasm for tens of minutes,having it wriggle in your hands in pain as it tries to save himself from the painful agony knife injury,having blood fill its larynx and drowning in its own blood while struggling to gulp for air) which one is more babaric ? The former lasts just a fraction of a second and the beast looses its sense of pain and the later lasts for tens of minutes amids struggle between the killer and the monkey as the brain is still alive and registers fear,PAIN AND ANXIETY. Do you know why their are more blood spurts in more intelligent mammals like monkey than other beasts ? Because the heart rate increases due to fear and anxiety which the animal experiences.
Now who is more babaric ?
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Ishilove: 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
FXKing2012:
To be candid, your description of the experience makes me wanna have a taste.
Omigosh, FX, you too?? shocked
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Ishilove: 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2013
thoth:
there is no difference between cracking the skull when it is alive and cracking it when it is "dead" it all means killing it, whether you killed it by cracking the brain or by cutting its throat you still acomplished the same thing which is taking the life out of it. Unless you are against killing animals i don't see the point of your arguments.
Cutting the throat is more humane.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
thoth:
FXKing2012 whom i believe has better knowledge of the basic mammal anatomy and works of the nervous system has put it plain enough for you to understand. If i am to repeat albeit in the form of a question i would like to ask you - knocking the monkey out and cutting its throat(letting it bleed out and spasm for tens of minutes,having it wriggle in your hands in pain as it tries to save himself from the painful agony knife injury,having blood fill its larynx and drowning in its own blood while struggling to gulp for air) which one is more babaric ? The former lasts just a fraction of a second and the beast looses its sense of pain and the later lasts for tens of minutes amids struggle between the killer and the monkey as the brain is still alive and registers fear,PAIN AND ANXIETY. Do you know why their are more blood spurts in more intelligent mammals like monkey than other beasts ? Because the heart rate increases due to fear and anxiety which the animal experiences.

My bro, so much good points you've made. At least, up to some moments ago, I actually believed that slitting the throat was more 'humane'.

Looking at it closely, this is not even an argument about the degree of suffering the animal experiences, but about our socially conditioned 'proper' method for killing animals.

Looking closely, we are actually rejecting the 'foreign' (as opposed to the 'normal'), not the cruel. From what you just explained, what is more cruel than slitting throats? sad.

If it had been about, say painlessly killing animals via injections. We would have opposed that on 'other' grounds. We would substitute the label: cruel/sadistic with 'dangerous', 'unhealthy' or 'ungodly'.

We are really just opposed to anything that is against the 'normal'.

BTW, God punish those sadists cooking animals that can feel pain alive cry.

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ishilove:
er... Not really. Its just more 'normal' for us here. But then do you have to kill it in front of the guests and eat it raw?
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by FXKing2012(m): 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ishilove:

how so?
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by thoth: 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ishilove:
Humane Slaughter Act.
This is what it says:
(a) in the case of cattle, calves, horses, mules, sheep, swine, and other livestock, all animals are rendered insensible to pain by a single blow or gunshot or an electrical, chemical or other means that is rapid and effective, before being shackled, hoisted, thrown, cast, or cut; or ..............

They all promote stunning the animal to inhibit pain.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by DeepSight(m): 7:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
thoth:

But they still eat the RAW still pulsing and frothing brain. You smash a head open and immediately start eating the brain inside it, WTF? ? ?
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

But they still eat the RAW still pulsing and frothing brain. You smash a head open and immediately start eating the brain inside it, WTF? ? ?
exactly my point. Ewwwww
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Ishilove: 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
brokoto: er... Not really. Its just more 'normal' for us here. But then do you have to kill it in front of the guests and eat it raw?
i bow. sad
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by birdman(m): 12:36am On Jan 16, 2013
thoth:

You are confusing issues here. For example, a hunter killing a deer with a high powered rifle would be the least barbaric according to your definition, since the deer would die instantly. However, if that hunter killed the animal for sport, then the hunter is more barbaric, regardless of the method he has chosen. Why? Because he inflicted needless pain and enjoyed it.

That IS the point. Inflicting pain for the purpose of enjoyment, not for food or any other reason. And I wonder about people who enjoy such things - what will thay do to humans when no one is looking, say in a war situation.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by FXKing2012(m): 5:20am On Jan 16, 2013
birdman:

You are confusing issues here. For example, a hunter killing a deer with a high powered rifle would be the least barbaric according to your definition, since the deer would die instantly. However, if that hunter killed the animal for sport, then the hunter is more barbaric, regardless of the method he has chosen. Why? Because he inflicted needless pain and enjoyed it.

That IS the point. Inflicting pain for the purpose of enjoyment, not for food or any other reason. And I wonder about people who enjoy such things - what will thay do to humans when no one is looking, say in a war situation.
Sorry to tell u u really didnt make any good points here. @thoth never said the monkeys were killed just for the fun of watching the animals die; the monkeys were killed for food with the brain eaten first.
I'm sure the rest of the body will be used for meat and hide somewhere along the chain.

People are funny: simply because they dont eat monkey brain so they wanna condemn those eating it.

Anyways, it's human nature to condemn those different from you. It's the same reason the Nazi condemned the Jews to death; the whites condemned the black Africans to slavery; the medieval Spanish Christians condemned the Mexican traditional worshippers to death; the muslims condemn non-muslims to death in different parts of the world, etc etc.
So I'm not surprised when people condemn those who dared to be different - it's just human nature.

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by FXKing2012(m): 5:22am On Jan 16, 2013
birdman:

Sorry to tell u u really didnt make any good points here. @thoth never said the monkeys were killed just for the fun of watching the animals die; the monkeys were killed for food with the brain eaten first.
I'm sure the rest of the body will be used for meat and hide somewhere along the chain.

People are funny: simply because they dont eat monkey brain so they wanna condemn those eating it.

Anyways, it's human nature to condemn those different from you. It's the same reason the Nazi condemned the Jews to death; the whites condemned the black Africans to slavery; the medieval Spanish Christians condemned the Mexican traditional worshippers to death; the muslims condemn non-muslims to death in different parts of the world, etc etc.
So I'm not surprised when people condemn those who dared to be different - it's just human nature.

1 Like

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by birdman(m): 5:27am On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012:

My post is within the context of this thread, not just about monkey brains. But carry on, I'm sure brain tastes delicious
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by DeepSight(m): 8:02am On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012:

So according to you, it is ok to smash an animal's head open and instantly begin to eat its brain therein?

And this is the same man who goes around preaching Bible gospel and says that it is a sin for women to have low cuts of their hair.

Chei. You dey craze.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by thoth: 10:47am On Jan 16, 2013
Deep Sight:

what is exactly wrong with that ?
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by thoth: 10:55am On Jan 16, 2013
birdman:

I sincerely believe that you are the one trying to confuse issues. We are talking about FOOD nothing else but FOOD! That is not sport and no body is enjoying scalping monkeys here since the whole purpose is to eat it and not to watch it die.
You hunter analogy is monumentally flawed in that no matter the kind of weapon that is being used the basic measurement of babary is the amount of pain the animal was put through before it lost consciousness. What if the hunter shot it in the loins or the abdomen puncturing the ribcage ? It would still die though after lots of pain and your Stup.i.d hunter has to watch.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by thoth: 10:57am On Jan 16, 2013
birdman:

My post is within the context of this thread, not just about monkey brains. But carry on, I'm sure brain tastes delicious
sure it does.
Re: The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. by Ishilove: 11:58am On Jan 16, 2013
thoth:
sure it does.
Nah, Its gross. The thought alone makes me feel like violently vomitting sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Popular Foods In Africa / Amiloaded Feeds 1000 Osun Street Kids / Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.