Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? (4028 Views)

Spectranet 4g Lte And Swift 4g Lte Browsing Free On Pc With Zero Naira (fastest) / Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. / Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by jdoss: 9:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
Spoke to a few people that work with spectranet, and they are saying the company is ready to deploy the first LTE network in Nigeria shocked . They say it will launch in lagos sometime before the end of the month. Any Spectranet staff here willing to give us some more info
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by samir101ng(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
Story !!!! angry angry

@jdoss,

No mind those yeye people my brother. Na today dem start that talk. Every company in Nigeria likes to make mouth but when the time comes to start proving themselves, they start having issues; network congestion, slow connection speeds, low bandwidth etc Uptill today, few networks have been able to truly deploy ordinary 3G talkless of 3.5G or even 3.75G. Now, this ones are here making mouth with LTE.
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by jdoss: 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
@samir101ng,

I feel you, all na wash.

From a purely academic point of view however, I think this is important. When the guy told me about Spectranet going LTE, I was excited to hear what sort of speed we would be dealing with. He told me the service would still be capped at 2Mbps. I could have slapped his face when I heard that, but he explained to me that new technology doesn't simply raise the ceiling, it also raises the floor. What I mean is that yeah it's capped at 2Mbps, but with LTE you are more likely to actually acheive the 2Mbps speed most of the time. The base station can handle about 6 times more connections at a time. He also said they would offer 2Mbps down and up, and that there would be better latency. Most people don't care about upload, but it is very important and 2Mbps up is very very good.

He essentially said that it would not in the short term increase the speed, but it would increase the quality.

Don't quote me on any of this though, things might change before they launch. I was hoping some Spectranet folks would come and hype their product here.

I have looked into it online, and the networks in SA are doing 20-30Mbps on average. While this is nothing compared to that, it is still good to see us progress.
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by moonraker(m): 6:17am On Jan 16, 2013
samir101ng: Story !!!! angry angry

@jdoss,

No mind those yeye people my brother. Na today dem start that talk. Every company in Nigeria likes to make mouth but when the time comes to start proving themselves, they start having issues; network congestion, slow connection speeds, low bandwidth etc Uptill today, few networks have been able to truly deploy ordinary 3G talkless of 3.5G or even 3.75G. Now, this ones are here making mouth with LTE.

Let me give you guys a peek of what LTE speeds are. this is coming from my LTE device and i am at work right now

where the speeds are not great. When an ISP in Nigeria is able to pull that much speed, holla at me...

Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by samir101ng(m): 1:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hmmm, grin grin

Moonraker-San don come again o !!!

@Jdoss,

I think i understand where your coming from. But they weren't able to implement good QoS on their existing network, what can you expect then when the LTE service starts. Let me give you an example, there's an area called Mando in Kaduna State where i usually stay. The house is not far from 2 MEGA base stations for Glo & MTN. I call them MEGA because they are bigger than most BTS i know and i highly suspect they each have a Fiber link to them. You guys should see the incredible speeds i get there. The lowest speed i have ever gotten is 800 KB/S on a sunny Tuesday Afternoon. At night, i usually pass the 1MB/s mark on Internet Download Manager. For Nigeria, those are killer speeds. But as i suspect, the area is a low density area without much people. So, voice traffic to the BTS is low talk less of data. Proper planning of the network to site a BTS with the capacity to handle all the traffic directed at it is needed by the network engineers. That's why the GSM networks are always having issues. You keep on doing promos, giving free credits and activating new lines daily without increasing your network capacity, BTS, routers, switches and Bandwidth on the network. By the way, these things cost a lot of money. I couldn't believe my ears when i heard that only 5% of Main One is being utilized. The rest is just waiting for more traffic. Imagine having Google Fiber 1Gbps for just $70 = N11,550 ($1=N165). We shall get there sha !!! Slow & steady.
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by jdoss: 10:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
Spectranet don fall my hand, I'm hearing they will now launch in July.
Meanwhile, www.smile.com.ng . Anyone have any info on these guys? It looks like they are launching in Ibadan. Apparently NCC has barred new ISP entrants from launching in Lagos until they have launched in 3 other cities.
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by samir101ng(m): 9:57am On Feb 20, 2013
jdoss: Spectranet don fall my hand, I'm hearing they will now launch in July.
Meanwhile, www.smile.com.ng . Anyone have any info on these guys? It looks like they are launching in Ibadan. Apparently NCC has barred new ISP entrants from launching in Lagos until they have launched in 3 other cities.

LOL !!! grin grin

Bros, no be you and me talk am here. Dem think say to deploy LTE na beans. As we predicted, they have spectacularly fall their hand for ground. Nigeria doesn't need new ISP's. Let the existing ones upgrade themselves and remove those stupid bandwidth caps. Never heard about www.smile.com.ng before. Ibadan is an alternative ground for those ISP's that find Lagos too crowded.
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by jdoss: 9:36am On Mar 29, 2013
It looks like Smile Has launched it's LTE Service in Ibadan. THeir prices can be found here:

http://www.smile.com.ng/~smileuga/pages/services/data-bundles.php

It doesn't look too bad, but One has no Idea what the speed is like.
If anyone has this in Ibadan, a speedtest would be appreciated.
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by Djcn: 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
jdoss: It looks like Smile Has launched it's LTE Service in Ibadan. THeir prices can be found here:

http://www.smile.com.ng/~smileuga/pages/services/data-bundles.php

It doesn't look too bad, but One has no Idea what the speed is like.
If anyone has this in Ibadan, a speedtest would be appreciated.

I know they will be the first to launch lte services in the country. however I will only give it a try if they offer their data sims for purchase. the prices are not different from others. no unlimited plans and coverage is still very limited.
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by JUO(m): 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2013
http://www.smile.com.ng
good price no room for 65gb download. you will pay for heavy download now
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:56am On Mar 30, 2013
hmmmn I can testify to that mando location as said by samir.

that's where the bus parks are located in kd. u can imagine when I used to go to Kaduna not wanting to leave the motor park praying the bus is delayed.

the Mtn speeds there is crazy. the best I ever got in Nigeria and I've seen some very good ones
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by samir101ng(m): 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
4llerbuntu: hmmmn I can testify to that mando location as said by samir.

that's where the bus parks are located in kd. u can imagine when I used to go to Kaduna not wanting to leave the motor park praying the bus is delayed.

the Mtn speeds there is crazy. the best I ever got in Nigeria and I've seen some very good ones

Ahh !!! 4llerbuntu-Baba !!! grin grin

You don sabi that location wella. wink wink It's like that location siddon on top all the bandwidth for Nigeria. It doesn't matter whether its MTN, Airtel, Glo or Etisalat. You get incredible speeds. Thats my favorite spot to browse in Nigeria. Dis Yola wey i dey na hell-hole wallahi. Thank God for office internet & Airtel 3G. Only things keeping me sane.
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by purplekayc(m): 11:59am On Apr 12, 2013
moonraker:

Let me give you guys a peek of what LTE speeds are. this is coming from my LTE device and i am at work right now

where the speeds are not great. When an ISP in Nigeria is able to pull that much speed, holla at me...
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Where are you ??
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by jdoss: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by jdoss: 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Swift has launched their LTE service. I just picked up my modem and the speed test results are below. If you have their modem, you can head to their office to upgrade. That upload speed is crazy grin . The guy I spoke to said there is no speed cap.

Another one

Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:24am On Oct 08, 2013
no speed cap ?...... thats not our issue. grin grin grin

its the data cap and outrageous pricing our ISPs impose ....... wink wink
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by Nik08: 11:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Here is what spectranet calls 4G...

What kind of joke is this ?

Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by samir101ng(m): 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
Nik08: Here is what spectranet calls 4G...

What kind of joke is this ?

Location ! Location !! Location !!! or they might be experiencing network issues. The speed of the data plan you subscribed to is also a factor.

jdoss: Swift has launched their LTE service. I just picked up my modem and the speed test results are below. If you have their modem, you can head to their office to upgrade. That upload speed is crazy grin . The guy I spoke to said there is no speed cap.

Another one

Wow !!! Those are some killer speeds. Swift has a better infrastructure on ground to support LTE speeds than spectranet in my opinion.

Some quick questions for you:

1. What's your location ? (approximate)

2. What plan are you using ?

3. Whats your signal strength and what type of modem are you using ?
Re: Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? by dowex: 9:49am On Oct 26, 2013
hello please note that the spectranet LTE is a scam i bought the modem and apart from the fact that it takes 3days to activate after several calls and visiting there office in opebi where all there customer service personnel know nothing about there service.when i was later activated you wont be told that there LTE double plan will stop you from browsing because i have exhauseted the night data cap even though i have 15gb left on my day plan .This is ridiculous .No problem i caled the so called customer care and since then spent over N2000 calling the customer care who knows nothing but to tell you the magic word "we have escalated to the technical team and i will call you" that is the only feedback you will ever get.Trust me guys you better go look for other plans

(1) (Reply)

SOLD OUT.Grade 1 USA Used Dell E6530 Core I5 With 1gb Nvidia For Sale. / Sweet Gaming laptop Deals / About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.