Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,489 members, 7,801,255 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Between Semovita/semolina/wheatmeal - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Between Semovita/semolina/wheatmeal (42809 Views)

White Man Eating Semovita And Draw Soup In Abuja / Semovita Of Semolina / Between Garri And Semovita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Semovita/semolina/wheatmeal by technokid(m): 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
pls who knows which of these solids(semovita/semolina/wheatmeal) have the best nutritional value and also which has d lowest calories,in fact what is the difference with the three of them,after all they r all made 4rm wheat
Re: Between Semovita/semolina/wheatmeal by dominique(f): 8:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
I think wheat is still the best nutritionally tho I hate all three. Is there any difference between semovita and semolina? undecided
Re: Between Semovita/semolina/wheatmeal by technokid(m): 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2013
and wheatmeal happens to be d cheapest.i have neva eaten semolina,but it looks like semovita except it is almost two times d price
Re: Between Semovita/semolina/wheatmeal by PrettyCindy(f): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
Semovita contains starch while the other two does not contain starch.
Wheat is mearnt for diabetics and any one who is controlling their sugar and carbohydrate intake. Same with semolina, i think.
Re: Between Semovita/semolina/wheatmeal by BeeDee007: 1:18am On Apr 11, 2017
Vital information here...Note that wheat, semolina and semovita are wrongly used for diabetics for the following reason:

http://yvonnebose..co.uk/2016/07/semolina-or-semovita-any-difference.html

Follow up reading..

2017 STOP POISONING YOURSELF AND FAMILY
To be honest I don't understand why doctors in Nigeria are recommending wheat!!! When giving health talks I make sure I create awareness on this wheat matter!!! God help us
COPIED BACK TO BASICS FOOD CHOICES!!!! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WHEAT is now the preferred swallow meal for many Nigerian families particularly in the urban centres. Sadly too, some rural dwellers have hooked onto the fad that wheat is a “healthy” food. Early this year, a middle-aged man from Ekiti State came to my office for solution to his health challenges – diabetes and high blood pressure. Upon enquiry on his diet, he said wheat was his major meal daily. According to him, virtually all the civil servants working at the state and local governments in Ekiti State also eat wheat as their regular meal. In fact, he said those that are not eating wheat particularly in the state capital could not afford it, but not due to knowledge of its harm to health. What an irony? Otherwise, how do we explain the preference of wheat to pounded yam, which the Ekiti people have been eating for good health and vitality centuries back? The prevalent consumption of wheat across the country has clearly shown that in the absence of knowledge, people can accept poison as therapy. After all, wheat is the first choice food for diabetics on the strength of doctors’ advice. Nationwide, wheat has overshadowed yam flour and other starchy foods that are peculiar to our culinary culture in Nigeria. Unfortunately, this is one dietary change that may prove suicidal for many people given the inseparable linkage of diet to health or ill health. Though wheat, like other grains, is rich in fibre and some other nutrients, it is one food anybody that desires wellness and long life should be kept at arm’s length. WHY? There are THREE inherent DANGERS in the chemistry of WHEAT that make it a CLASSIC DESTROYER OF HEALTH. I call them the DOWNSIDES of WHEAT. The FIRST: WHEAT contains GLUTEN – a protein that causes inflammation, a systemic process that has harmful effects across all the organ systems in the body including the brain, heart, joints, eyes and digestive tract. As a matter of fact, inflammation does not only precede all degenerative diseases like diabetes, cancer, stroke, glaucoma, arthritis and Parkinson’s disease, but also fuels their insidious progression. A review paper in the New England Journal of Medicine listed 55 DISEASES that can be caused by eating GLUTEN-CONTAINING foods. The diseases include osteoporosis, anemia, cancer, canker sores, fatigue, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis. The paper also linked gluten to many psychiatric and neurological diseases including depression, schizophrenia, dementia, nerve damage, epilepsy and autism. The paper concluded that there are 120 or more diseases associated with eating foods that contain gluten. Dr. Joseph A. Murray, MD states that he is surprised how often gluten affects the brain. The SECOND: WHEAT study by Dr .J. Robert Cade, MD of the University of Florida showed that people with autism and schizophrenia have high level of PEPTIDES in their urine. These PEPTIDES, according to Dr. Cade, come from CASEIN (protein in milk and other dairy products) and GLIADIN and GLUTEN in WHEAT, BARLEY, OATS and RYE. Another study of 30,000 patients analyzed from 1969 – 2008 reported in the journal of the American Medical Association found that people diagnosed with GLUTEN-SENSITIVITY had a higher risk of death from cancer and heart disease than the normal population. Worse still, the bulk of wheat being consumed in the country is the AMERICAN HYBRID STRAIN, which has much HIGHER GLUTEN content than the European wheat. The THIRD: Inherent DANGER in the Chemistry of WHEAT is its High GLYCEMIC Index GI. Glycemic Index is a scale that ranks carbohydrate rich foods by how much they raise blood sugar level compared to low glycemic foods. Wheat has GI of 71 compared to yam and sweet potato with GI of 49 and 54 respectively. Invariably, eating food with high GI like wheat regularly promotes WEIGHT GAIN and makes DIABETES INTRACTABLE. According to Dr. Mark Hyman, MD “WHEAT is a MAJOR contributor to OBESITY, DIABETES, CANCER, DEMENTIA, DEPRESSION and many Modern ills.”
IF ONE MAY ASK, WHAT IS THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE RECOMMENDATION of WHEAT as a MEAL to FIGHT --------------------- HIGH BLOOD SUGAR? WHEAT IS A MAJOR DESTROYER OF HEALTH. PLEASE KINDLY
FOWARD TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS YOU MAY SAVE MORE LIVES BY QUALIFIED PHARMACISTs & NUTRITIONISTS.
*Eat Amala. Lafu. Garri. Eating unprocessed pounded yam in moderation.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother / How to make fondant icing? / How Long Can This Last If It Were To Be In Nigeria?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.