Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:36 AM

How Does Love Work? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does Love Work? (18275 Views)

Can LOVE Work Without TRUST? / How Does Love Work / Does Long Distance Love Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does Love Work? by Wolison(m): 11:43am On Sep 06, 2014
Re: How Does Love Work? by owem(f): 11:43am On Sep 06, 2014
Love is blind

1 Like

Re: How Does Love Work? by Rapsainot(m): 11:43am On Sep 06, 2014
lemme read first
Re: How Does Love Work? by fflamingo(m): 11:44am On Sep 06, 2014
Wolison: ....
SenatorJames: Me?
plainmirror: .
may God grant you sense.
Re: How Does Love Work? by oseiwe(m): 11:45am On Sep 06, 2014
It inspires madness lipsrsealed
Re: How Does Love Work? by Wolison(m): 11:46am On Sep 06, 2014
fflamingo: may God grant you sense.
especially when your arid sense will be taken away from you!!!!!
Re: How Does Love Work? by esere826: 11:50am On Sep 06, 2014
Adaeze003: I've heard allot about love and I'm sure you all have too. I've been thinking about all I've heard and I came up with a few questions.

1. Does love exist?
yep it does
for girls it means something within tells them that the guy is their superman or superpurse
for guys it means something in them tells them that the girl can take and germinate seed plus she can pound yam

2. Is there anything like 'The One'?
Nope. But there is the two, three or hundred
Like TD Jakes will say, "if you're meant for "the one" you'd be in trouble if she lives on the other side of the ocean"

3. Can one really love someone enough to live with the person for ever/is love enough for marriage?
It's a fact that most of our parents and grand parents didn't really 'fall in love' before they got married but they stayed married for long and some till death. But in this generation where people 'fall in love' before getting married divorce is in every corner, why?
You live with people through out their lives because of friendship, loyalty and companionship
if one lives in UK and the other in Nigeria without a combination of these na yawa be that

4. Can love really die?
How can one say he/she loves someone one day and hate her/him the next day? What kills love?
yep love can die
dont believe the movies
once the other party does not meet obligations of seed carrying ability, supermanness, superpurse, loyalty, friendship, companionship,
the love will suffer cardiac arrest and die
Re: How Does Love Work? by nwaobitex: 11:51am On Sep 06, 2014
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 06, 2014
If you know how OCD works, then you know how love works. grin
Re: How Does Love Work? by Kissalive2012(m): 11:55am On Sep 06, 2014
HELLO MY FELLOW NIGERIANS, I BRING TO YOU ALL A GREAT MEASURE TO FIGTH IGNORANCE IN OUR NIGERIA EDUCATION SYSTEM. TO START .. ARE YOU ARE GRANDUATE FROM ANY UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA? AND YOU WISH TO DO YOUR MATERS OUTSIDE NIGERIA EITHER IN PHILIPINES , CANADA, NORWAY OR MALASIA . THE OPPORTUNITY IS HERE NOW. OR YOU TOOK JAMB THIS YEAR AND YOU WERE UNABLE TO GET UP TO YOUR PREFERD SCH CUT OFF MARK . U CAN STILL STUDY IN PHILIPINES AND NORWAY IN ANY COURSE OF YOUR CHOSE OR GET ADMISION INTO OUR UNIVERSITY HERE IN NIGERIA. JUST CALL US NOW ON 07064631271, 08117317664 OR EMAIL US ON WORLDOFOUROWN15@GMAIL.COM.
Re: How Does Love Work? by Gynacologist(m): 11:56am On Sep 06, 2014
Adaeze003:
I really doubt this. I think 'attraction' works like magic and not love. Therefore, the attraction fades like magic. Making sense?
bab u just nailed it....one bottle of lambrosko fo u....
Re: How Does Love Work? by Kissalive2012(m): 11:56am On Sep 06, 2014
HELLO MY FELLOW NIGERIANS, I BRING TO YOU ALL A
GREAT MEASURE TO FIGTH IGNORANCE IN OUR NIGERIA
EDUCATION SYSTEM. TO START .. ARE YOU ARE GRANDUATE
FROM ANY UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA? AND YOU WISH TO DO
YOUR MASTERS OUTSIDE NIGERIA EITHER IN PHILIPINES ,
CANADA, NORWAY OR MALASIA . THE OPPORTUNITY IS
HERE NOW. OR YOU TOOK JAMB THIS YEAR AND YOU WERE
UNABLE TO GET UP TO YOUR PREFERD SCH CUT OFF MARK .
U CAN STILL STUDY IN PHILIPINES AND NORWAY IN ANY
COURSE OF YOUR CHOSE OR GET ADMISION INTO OUR
UNIVERSITY HERE IN NIGERIA. JUST CALL US NOW ON
07064631271, 08117317664 OR EMAIL US ON
WORLDOFOUROWN15@GMAIL.COM.
Re: How Does Love Work? by kcjazz(m): 11:57am On Sep 06, 2014
Love exists because God exists. How you interpret it is d ifferent from others. But the most important is understand that God loves you, you can't give what you don't have.

2. There is no special one person. Our interests changes with our experience. However as a Christian there is a pool, at least start your love search from fellow Christians. The higher the responsibility the more your pool shrinks.

3. How do you know our parents endured? Jesus says Greater love has no one than this:to lay down his life for his friends. Can you die for your spouse or kids?

4.it is possible to lose interest in someone, but love never dies. If you have a kid it is always there. It never dies. Sadly some folks due to all kinds of things do not marry who they love so it is easier to end relationships for some while it is harder for others. When people divorce, it might not even be about love sometimes but love never dies.

So how does love work? Read 1 Corithians 13, replace love with God as well. You are in His image
Re: How Does Love Work? by litetias(m): 11:59am On Sep 06, 2014
It's a thing of the mind. Love perse does not exist. However when you find someone you fancy and who fancies you back, you can make it work by putting in the hard work of compromise and empathy. Infatuation and lust are often confused with love.
Re: How Does Love Work? by mako007(m): 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
Love is when I give alambamisa 50 naira. grin in simple words love is to be there for the people in need.
Re: How Does Love Work? by Orikinla(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
True love defined.
Any love that does not beyond the lust of the flesh is not true love.
Re: How Does Love Work? by iceberylin(m): 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
This Wh0res aint Loyal....

just get Rich,take a Broke niqqas B1tch grin
Re: How Does Love Work? by pearl3233(f): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Yeah !!!

Love really exist..
Re: How Does Love Work? by BizBloke(m): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
acidosisTM:
the type of love that exist between xynerise & skydeep

grin

Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: How Does Love Work? by BizBloke(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2014

Love exists.

The problem we have surrounding the existence of love is that it is sometimes misunderstood to be lust or infatuation. Love, lust and infatuation are very very strong emotions, but love is stronger and supercedes the other two. In love, it goes above the physical and the dreamy imaginations and then goes into loving and accepting the flaws and mistakes of the other. Love is not jealous, is not selfish, love doesn't bring tears to the eyes of your significant other, except tears of joy. Love does not exploit the feelings nor manipulate the emotions of the other. Love puts the interest of the other person first and love will never force actions on your significant other.

A surface examination of love will have you thinking otherwise and mistaking it for lust, but when you sit down quietly and think about what will make a woman stick to a poor crippled man who lost his limbs after they got married, you may want to have a re-evaluation.

I dash you all the likes that will be generated on Nairaland today.
Re: How Does Love Work? by BizBloke(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Adaeze003: I've heard allot about love and I'm sure you all have too. I've been thinking about all I've heard and I came up with a few questions.

1. Does love exist?
I have come across many posts on nl where people said 'love does not exist' and this is shocking to me because I don't believe that people just bump into each other,get married and live happily. Maybe those who believe it doesn't exist can put me through. smiley

2. Is there anything like 'The One'?
Is there someone out there specifically made for each and every one of us? This is a confusing concept because some men become priests and some women rev sisters, a few others decide that they'll remain single because they want to 'enjoy' life. What happens to their significant other?

3. Can one really love someone enough to live with the person for ever/is love enough for marriage?
It's a fact that most of our parents and grand parents didn't really 'fall in love' before they got married but they stayed married for long and some till death. But in this generation where people 'fall in love' before getting married divorce is in every corner, why?

4. Can love really die?
How can one say he/she loves someone one day and hate her/him the next day? What kills love?

All these questions can be summed up in one, how does love work?

Looking forward to informative posts.
Just wanna know what you think.
Yes YOU. wink
[b]

1. Love exists.

2. No, there's no 'The One'. I always thought there's a 'The One' but that's definitely untrue. Staying - and living - in love with someone is basically a decision, one of a life-time or half- life-time as the case may be, if you believe in divorce.

In actuality, I don't think there's a 'The Compatible'. Almost everyone is compatible and it boils down to a decision shaped by,
"Can I really live with this?"

"Can I live with this guy who undresses at the door immediately he unlocks it?"

"Can I live with this lady that watches Telemundo like her life depends on it?"

"If she has smaller b.re.asts tomorrow or if they slack, can I stick with her?"

"If his income earning power depreciates for 2 years, can I stick with him through the tough times?"

"If we get married, can I see her as a companion not like a servant?"

"If there's no money for rice on a Sunday, would I happily soak garri with him?"

"Can I help her achieve her dreams?"

"Can I help her grow physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially, sexually (can I help him help me satisfy me in bed), etc. and can we grow together in a form of synergy?"

Conclusively,
"Does he/she make me happy - or not?"

3. Yes, one can. Love is somewhat enough.

4. Love - true love - can't die even if you bomb it.

How does love work? I don't know. undecided lipsrsealed

Three cheers.[/b]

1 Like

Re: How Does Love Work? by harlos: 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Does Love Work? by gift53(f): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
Did anyone notice this thread was created Jan. 2013?
The mod that brought this to the FP now must be high in some things undecided
Re: How Does Love Work? by 100Cents: 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
9am to 6pm..
Re: How Does Love Work? by Businesslocator(m): 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
invest and get paid visit www.einvest.com.ng
Re: How Does Love Work? by 100Cents: 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
acidosisTM:

we have two types of LOVE...
1. symbiosis-type of love
2. agape love

The agape type of love is the type God has for his children.. the type he asked us to show our neigbour 's daughter.

[size=15] The symbiosis type is that kind of LOVE that leads to either a broken relationship or a broken home, either way, something must break.. Its the type where you love someone for what you can get (recharge card, s. €x, money, cars, marriage, children, ring, etc) [/size]

Yes there is something like "The One", but bear this in mind - anyone can be "The One", even a mad man/woman can be the ONE.. and you can have as many as possible "The One" anytime you loose the present "The One".

Our grand parents never had access to the social networking sites like Nairaland, facebook, twitter etc and Education these are the reasons for break - ups. A typical 9ja girl has atleast 3 boyfriends on each social networking site plus 2 boyfriends each in different offices around her and one boyfriend each in her bank locations.. one in her church, one on campus...one in different faculties

now, when shes ready to get married, it becomes very difficult to settle down with ONE..
Its like eating turkey and all of a sudden you are asked to start eating N30 stock fish..

LOVE knows no HATRED.. People that claims to love you would hate you when they stop getting that ONE thing that made them love you.. It means they only love a part of you [money, looks, beauty, character, the way you make her smile, your ability to crack jokes, humility, etc]

I agree with the bolded. That's how flashy ladies get married..

Poster, Acidosis has summarized all you need to know.

Yes, you have the ONE, but if you lose the one, there is another the ONE...
Re: How Does Love Work? by slimderek(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
How does one know when he/she is in love?
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
I don't know what true love is cos I have never experience it.
How do I describe what am not sure of

I see a lot of gibberish on this thread and am sure most of them don't know what they are talking about.

I easily get bored with relationships any way and love/relationship talks can be so annoying especially when some people make it seem like their lives depend on it. angry
Re: How Does Love Work? by teewai3(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
hmmmm, i'm not in love, av never been..so let me assume i didnt come across this wink wink
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
Love works with Sagem battery
Re: How Does Love Work? by LordReed(m): 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
tuagbo: "The concept of "love" is an impossible dream for men but an extremely effective weapon for women"-"Tuagbo" To a woman,"love" means power.To a man,enslavement."Love" provides a woman with an excuse for financial exploitation.Man,with an emotionally charged excuse.For the sake of "love,"woman will do things that are of advantage only to herself while man does things that will harm him.

Your confusion is noteworthy but fact is emotional manipulation and sexist power games are not the same as love.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To love who you marry or to marry who you love. / 21 Ways To Make Your Man Come Running Home To You / But Why Are Nigerian Girls Wicked Like This (PHOTOS PG 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.