Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

How Does Love Work? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does Love Work? (18288 Views)

Can LOVE Work Without TRUST? / How Does Love Work / Does Long Distance Love Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does Love Work? by chuqudy(m): 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
see meaning of love @ http://..com/
Re: How Does Love Work? by teewai3(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
really!!! u'v never exprecience tru love?? Aww, i think u ar abt to cos i'm madly in love wit u.. smiley wink smiley....jst kidding.......hw u doing joavid
Re: How Does Love Work? by ugeezee(m): 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
Perfect question ada, i need ans two.
Re: How Does Love Work? by redsun(m): 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
Love works selfishly.It is all about me,me me as in personified.You love something because it gives you joy,comfort,hope,security,fulfillment,name it.Just like people love jesus because it gives them hope because they are not going to be eaten and done by maggot when they become carcasses.

Everybody wants something.
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nicepoker(m): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
Love for what. For me I love gaming. I devote my time playing games cos I love it
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
Adaeze003:
1. Does love exist?

2. Is there anything like 'The One'?

3. Can one really love someone enough to live with the person for ever/is love enough for marriage?

But in this generation where people 'fall in love' before getting married divorce is in every corner, why?

4. Can love really die?
What kills love?

All these questions can be summed up in one, how does love work?

Looking forward to informative posts.
Just wanna know what you think.
Yes YOU. wink
Yes love do exist ... It is the Highest level of conditionaless satisfaction derived by one person from another person !

2. Yes, there is something like ''the one'' ... That one whom you are fulfilled with !
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
Adaeze003:
1. Does love exist?

3. Can one really love someone enough to live with the person for ever/is love enough for marriage?

But in this generation where people 'fall in love' before getting married divorce is in every corner, why?

4. Can love really die?
What kills love?

Yes YOU. wink
Yes love do exist ... It is the Highest level of conditionaless satisfaction derived by one person from another person !

2. Yes, there is something like ''the one'' ... That one whom you are fulfilled with !

3. One can love someone enough to live with such forever even after death , where the mind doesn't die , the person will still remain dear to your person ..

Love is not enough for marriage , there are tools that promote love and where one is missing , the love will have dent !

Divorce occur because many people misjudge while marrying it is like either party is not whom they think they are or in the longrun a Party who once fulfils your innate desires suddenly change from best to worst !

4. Love can surely die , it is like a burning fire that needs to be fuelled and where either party renege, love dies and hatred may ensue though Good old days may still illuminate the relationship !

Conclusively, Love works through the concept of Responibility ..... Do your Job and I do mine .... Shikena !
Re: How Does Love Work? by salomillion: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
Adaeze003: I've heard allot about love and I'm sure you all have too. I've been thinking about all I've heard and I came up with a few questions.

1. Does love exist?
I have come across many posts on nl where people said 'love does not exist' and this is shocking to me because I don't believe that people just bump into each other,get married and live happily. Maybe those who believe it doesn't exist can put me through. smiley

Is there someone out there specifically made for each and every one of us? This is a confusing concept because some men become priests and some women rev sisters, a few others decide that they'll remain single because they want to 'enjoy' life. What happens to their significant other?

It's a fact that most of our parents and grand parents didn't really 'fall in love' before they got married but they stayed married for long and some till death. But in this generation where people 'fall in love' before getting married divorce is in every corner, why?

4. Can love really die?
How can one say he/she loves someone one day and hate her/him the next day? What kills love?

Yes YOU. wink
pls guys, stop following other pipus views about love,love is in different forms, you can even love an okpo in a brothel,and you know fully well shes okporific,romeos love is different,tuface and annies quite different,the love im having for the babe with nice curves that gave me on the first night i cant forget is different from that pastors kid that made me to go to church for complete 1yr before she finally gave me bread and good loving...tho i still love that curvy babe more than omopastor sha..
Re: How Does Love Work? by PastorOluT(m): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
Too much of what count for love isn't real, and too much that was died on the vine, and too many people never got the chance to know one way or the other!
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
Love, as we have been taught, does not exist. For it to be love it has to be unconditional, like what God has for mankind. If it's not unconditional, it can only be fondness or a strong feeling of attachment to another individual. We may think we love our spouses or partners bt in reality what we love is the kind of person they are, their eccentricities and mostly the fact that they 'love' us in return or show us 'love'. You really can't hate the person you loved because they changed in certain aspects that hurt you or reduce from the love they show you; which is why there are break-ups and divorcees, murders even.

All you have is the peak of attraction, attachment and fondness and if possible a kind of oneness that makes you inseparable(which 99% of the time is engendered by long long years of showing each other mutual respect and 'love' characteristics) and a most basic understanding of who they are.

The closest a human can come to love is the love for one's own offspring or a child adopted at infancy and given the right motivation even this love can be severely depleted and even extinguished.

Etc etc.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does Love Work? by regsam: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
Did NAIJA girls know luv, abeg check their first relationship its always a floop
Re: How Does Love Work? by Onyiibazz: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
Love ko hate ni! Love is evil, marriage is also evil!
Re: How Does Love Work? by salomillion: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
love works like ebola,you dont know if its on bola, it tastes like bitter kola,mayb na kola chop am,so sweet like cola-cola no other drink like it cos you cant get the fomulae,thats why lola gave me.
Re: How Does Love Work? by Dewze(m): 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
Love is not a feeling, it is an act.
Re: How Does Love Work? by Burger01(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
Love my foot. Forget it, ain't nufin like love, more of infatuation undecided
Re: How Does Love Work? by Foxycute(m): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=Adaeze003]

1. Does love exist?
Love really exist just dat we are mostly confused with infatution and lust.
Is there someone out there specifically made for each and every one of us? Yes but indentifying and acknowledging dem is anoda tin. But I believe when u are in the rite place at d rite tym u will locate dem.

If is me alone let's go back to the old way of getting married like been betrothed. This our new method of falling in love is more like having fun(s*x) afta a while wen u gets tired of each orda u start looking for excuses. Dou managing humans is d hardest tins on earth
4. Can love really die?
Very much. Love grows nd love dies. When ur partner stops doing wat made u fall in love wit him wat do u xpect to happen to ur mindset? We shd always find new ways to love our partner nd be appreactive too.
Re: How Does Love Work? by okzcorp: 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
IF you understand the conept of FAITH and beileive it exists, then you can understand that of LOVE very well.

Simply put LOVE is all about Sacrifices.

Y do love ur mum or dad so much? Y do u love ur siblings? Y do u love ur husband or wife? To understand this question sincerely, you will know that you can do just anything (Sacrifice) for these people. And when you have such feeling for anyone, YOU ARE IN LOVE wit the person.
Re: How Does Love Work? by firstolalekan(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
WHICH MOD PUT THIS CRAP IN FRONTPAGE WOMANRAPPER ASHEWO MOD.
Re: How Does Love Work? by tuffgongjo(m): 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
Love works on a shift just like a Nurse.
Re: How Does Love Work? by habebe1(m): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
Me I have been disillusioned with that fatous Hollywood idea of love. If it's romantic, I am attracted to different women and love them in different ways. I mean humans are so dynamic.
Re: How Does Love Work? by Donproey(m): 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
I think love exist but it's highly overrated
Re: How Does Love Work? by hollas2jnr(m): 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
Love simply works in mysterious ways... Far above what mere men can comprehend atimes. Above all 2WayLove is just the best... *Ermm, no be say I be pro self*

MODIFIED
True love surely exists and never dies... Its exists and binding enough to make you want to live and die with whoever you share it with.

Moreso, THE ONE is whom you share that true feelings with.

So I believe.
Re: How Does Love Work? by sample042(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
LOVE is a word for d deluded minds.

I'v said it tym without number... Love doesnt exist.

It's all about COMPATIBILITY...se finis!
Re: How Does Love Work? by texanomaly(f): 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
1. Does love exist?

Of course it does. Do you love your mother? Do you love anyone?

I'm not so sure about this one. We all have the capacity to love. I'm more of the mind that any relationship, between any couple, can be successful if the two are willing to work at it. I don't believe any "good" relationship lasts without effort from both sides.

No...love alone won't get you through. Like I said, one must work at it. No one has a "perfect" life. There will always be trials and tribulations.

There will be times the two of you won't agree. Some give and take is required. There will be outside influences that will try to destroy you. There needs to be honor and trust.

4. Can love really die?

I'm not sure it can "die". It can be destroyed though. There are many destructive traits which can lead to the demise of love. Such as; uncompromising attitudes, deceit, selfishness, greed, violence, and a multitude of others.

As to your question, "How does love work?" Your question answers itself really. It takes great effort to make love "work".

Love can't live and prosper on it's own. It takes hard work and sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: How Does Love Work? by Waspy(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Whoever pulled this Love thread out from the archive ? Well its cool by me, reminds me of NL made more sense and less trolls undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
Re: How Does Love Work? by texanomaly(f): 10:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
MuhMubRaj: Love is sex,Sex is love...That's all

Smh
Re: How Does Love Work? by Adaeze003(f): 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
MuhMubRaj: Love is sex,Sex is love...That's all

Lol, I know u just want peeps to quote you.

Happy now? smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: How Does Love Work? by kekilika: 10:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
Leave this love thing alone. Cos If you don't, you will find yourself in a gridlock getting nowhere. Human beings are imperfect and dynamic with time showing or depict their feeling based on circumstances and these, my woman inquisitor is not static. Just find the one person that will be in his/her BEST BEHAVIOUR most of the time for YOU.
Re: How Does Love Work? by breeze23: 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
There is noting like love . love is just a feeling and that feelings can fade at any moment u finds out that what u are looking in a person is no longer there.
Love can only exist between a very close relative, example: mother and child. That's why u will see a mother taking care of her inability child. As a man can u love a mental girl? but her mother can. As girl can u love a poor drunker man.
Love is just what u feel for another person and that feelings can goes at any moment
Re: How Does Love Work? by Frandume4mor: 11:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
love kwa exit make i hear,,,hmmm make i drink water from there i go piss from there,i go baff,from there i go puuuuuuu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Hated Guy On Nairaland Aquires A Car For 2.3mill (picture Added) / . / 14 Cheap But Unique Valentine’s Day Gifts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.