Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine (15473 Views)

Korede Bello With King Sunny Ade [PICS] / Flavour's Guitarist Fiokee's Car Robbed In Lekki (photo) / Sunny Ade Wins N500m Copyright Suit 30 Years Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by Chanchit: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, you're even a musician.

Yes I am, if u want to knw what I sound like, u can PM me ur email, I have a soul demo that I did, n we r doing more by feb' ending.
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by Chanchit: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
-
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by ogaemma: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
nyabingi: Some days ago there was news about a certain ex band member of King Sunny Ade who was apprehended with drugs at the Airport. Nairalanders contributed so much on that topic that it got to an extent where some even accused the king of knowing something about the trade
but there is an update from the King himself!!!

King Sunny Ade's ex-guitarist, 62year old Fatoke Abiodun (left) was arrested on Tuesday January 1 2013 at MMIA with 1.575kg of cocaine as he attempted to leave Nigeria. Fatoke said he turned to drugs after he was unceremoniously retired in 2007 without severance pay after playing with KSA for 30 years.

King Sunny Ade has finally reacted, saying his former guitarist was not a member of staff of his company but just a member of his band, who was not entitled to a severance pay.

KSA speaking to the PUNCH said, “I pay salaries to the members of staff of my company. As for my band members, we share money based on what we make at every show where we perform. I would first of all, remove the money for taxes, equipment we used and other stuff connected to the performance. Thereafter, the remaining money is shared among all of us. Before now, I advised my band members that we should have a common purse, where we should leave money for welfare. But they refused and insisted that everything should be shared.

“If he and the others had agreed to my advice then, he wouldn’t have had any reason to say he didn’t get any severance allowance,”

On why he retired Abiodun, KSA says he changes his band members every three years in order to be current and follow the trend.

“But he worked for me for 30 years. Those who have even worked for me for two years are so well off now. How can he say he didn’t have anything after 30 years? Are those there now complaining?
“And to set the records straight, I didn’t sack him, he left on his own. We came back from an international show and he told me he wanted to start his own band and said I should assist him.
“Before I knew what was happening, he went to Ibadan with my guitar without my knowledge in order to start his own band. I told him to return my guitar and when he didn’t, I had to involve the police. That was how he left,” KSA added.
He said he had not seen Abiodun since he left his band in 2007.

“Anybody who is involved in any crime has it in him. It is not proper for anybody to say that it was a condition that led him to a crime. He was among those in the high category in my band. It is surprising that he claimed he had nothing. I have never seen or heard from him since he left my band.

“In the 30 years he worked for me, he never exhibited such criminal attitude. I am always concerned about the people traveling with me. I make sure we all travel light and get whatever we need for the performance in the country we are going.

“I have never seen cocaine. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink and we are always checked thoroughly at the airport here and at the airport over there,” he said.

Source: PUNCH

Rubish and abuse of labour and neo slavry in another level.
How can a man give you 30 years of his life only for you to tell him he is not a staff of your company and as such he does not deserve any retirement benefit. Some Nigerian employers are wicked e.g, KSA.
I blame the man who threw away 30 years of his life to an ingreat who for 30 years did not see any reason to make him his company staff . What a way of saying goodbye after 30 years of service.
God will judge us.
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by Demdem(m): 4:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
ogaemma:

How can a man give you 30 years of his life only for you to tell him he is not a staff of your company and as such he does not deserve any retirement benefit. Some Nigerian employers are wicked e.g, KSA.
I blame the man who threw away 30 years of his life to an ingreat who for 30 years did not see any reason to make him his company staff . What a way of saying goodbye after 30 years of service.
God will judge us.

2 questions for u.

1) Do u have to qoute the whole post?
2) Did u read the post at all?

5 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
ogaemma:

God will judge us.

cry

Sorry dude, business and sentiment are a bad mix. He wasn't a staff member, and that is it. Moreover he hijacked KSA's guitar to form his own band which was theft.

Remember he had several wives. That means he wasn't poor. He was just trying to play a fast one and make some quick bucks but he was caught. We can't blame KSA for anything.
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by JimmyBoy1: 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
I have issues with both sides. Firstly, KSA said the man was member of his band and not staff of his company, yet he admitted the mak work for him for 30 years. On the guitarist side, he went all over the globe with KSA and he is still talking of severance package. If he coudlnt achieve anything with what they shared over 30years, how could have succeeded with severance package?
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by Demdem(m): 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
Jimmy Boy: Firstly, KSA said the man was member of his band and not staff of his company, yet he admitted the mak work for him for 30 years.

And what is wrong with this?
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by Egbagirl(f): 4:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
*singing* ma jaiye oni o, mi o mo eyin ola o, ma jaiye oni oo, mi o mo eyin ola o...
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by jhydebaba(m): 4:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
datola:

We are not all thieves. You are a thief with so many others!
I put it to that you are a THIEF
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by doctorbabs(m): 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
jhydebaba: We are all thieves, anyone caught is 'barawo'. No one will identify with a criminal.
. who tell u? obasanjo and pdp stalwart when to prison to welcpme convict even accompanied him to church
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by texazzpete(m): 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
Jimmy Boy: I have issues with both sides. Firstly, KSA said the man was member of his band and not staff of his company, yet he admitted the mak work for him for 30 years. On the guitarist side, he went all over the globe with KSA and he is still talking of severance package. If he coudlnt achieve anything with what they shared over 30years, how could have succeeded with severance package?

Why is it so hard for you dolts to understand that a man can be part of the band without being a STAFF MEMBER of any of KSA's companies?

For example, Didier Drogba played for Chelsea for many years. He was never made a permanent member of Chelsea FC or given a place on the board.

1 Like

Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by chegson: 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
KSA, every agenda of the wicked, to drag your good name in the mud, be aborted by FF.F..II.I.IR...R.RE.E.E.E.................
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by BUSHMAN1: 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
pDude:

cry

Sorry dude, business and sentiment are a bad mix. He wasn't a staff member, and that is it. Moreover he hijacked KSA's guitar to form his own band which was theft.

Remember he had several wives. That means he wasn't poor. He was just trying to play a fast one and make some quick bucks but he was caught. We can't blame KSA for anything.
makes sense
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by BabaEto1: 8:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
Jarus: KSA sounds more convincing. And in any case, even maltreatment is never an excuse for crime.

God bless you. A person who under studied or worked under someone like KSA with a lot of opportunities to perform outside Nigeria should have him/herself to blame if he/she fails to turn out better and be comfortable in life. He is just looking for a frivolous defence to his crime and what he has on ground does not hold water !
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by dulphines: 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
UNLEASHED: So member of staff is different from member of band? Who are the staffs and who are the bands?
I think there's a lot we still don't know about the music industry in Nigeria.
Staff = Staff, both singular and plural.
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by bobolic: 9:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
The man is on his own, At his age, he has no excuses to make for abysmal failure at saving.
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by Goldenheart(m): 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
Case closed
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by onenessone: 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
Are you having problem with the prostate, contact me at oneness55555@yahoo.com

I have got fresh supply of herbal medication from the US.
Try it out, you will be glad you did.

Kay
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by onenessone: 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
Are you having problem with the prostate , contact me at oneness55555@yahoo.com

Kay
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 15, 2013
ogaemma:

God will judge us.

I thought that was cold too but the drug carrying grandpa has all the blame for the offense he committed.
He knew the agreement before accepting the job and staying for however long he did.
If he failed to invest for 30 long years ,it is his fault
He also lived recklessly,acquiring multiple wives and who knows how many concubines .
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 15, 2013
UNLEASHED: So member of staff is different from member of band? Who are the staffs and who are the bands?
I think there's a lot we still don't know about the music industry in Nigeria.

Listen to this.

A staff has a FIXED salary and is not subject to change. A band member shares the profits as per performance. Figure that out.

So if they played 10 shows a month, that means that they will share profit 10 times, while the staff will still receive his same salary once a month.

Abeg that old buffoon has no excuse. He must have made a lot of money for 30 years but squandered it on women, shayo and jaiye-jaiye cry

Also remember they shared money in all currencies: dollars, pounds, euros, naira. Also for KSA to play at a show or event, the money they will collect for gate fee or to perform at an occassion, nor be beans
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by imperiouxx(m): 5:55am On Jan 15, 2013
At his age, he got no money but plenty children and knows ways to get coc. 30 years to life will see him in his grave. grin Well done sir!
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by jakaiso(m): 6:28am On Jan 15, 2013
texazzpete:

Why is it so hard for you dolts to understand that a man can be part of the band without being a STAFF MEMBER of any of KSA's companies?

For example, Didier Drogba played for Chelsea for many years. He was never made a permanent member of Chelsea FC or given a place on the board.

You are an extremly intelligent fellow. I hope a good business or organization is seriously tapping your brain and paying you well! Your father and mother 'born you well'!
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by BUSHMAN1: 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
onenessone: Are you having problem with the prostate, contact me at oneness55555@yahoo.com

Kay
grin grin grin grin grin herbal medication from the US? i thought is the other way round...herbal medicine are from africa NOT from the white man,s land the US

1 Like

Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by topazjosh(m): 10:27am On Jan 17, 2013
Saw him yesterday,that still look so young than the pic on wall.
Re: King Sunny Ade Opens-up About Ex-guitarist Caught With Cocaine by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 08, 2014
onenessone:
Are you having problem with the prostate, contact me at oneness55555@yahoo.com

Kay

Guys please don't blame "those Oyinbo people" if your wetincall falls off o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

L.A.X Launches Rasaki Music Group HQ (Photos) / Tiwa Savage Dedicates The Gift Album To African Men / Naija Celebs From Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.