Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

13 Business Ideas For 2013 - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 13 Business Ideas For 2013 (70567 Views)

Bc / 15 Fastest Growing Small Business OPPORTUNITIES and IDEAS In Nigeria For 2013 / What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by zhukafa(m): 11:32am On Jun 24, 2013
For those that have been asking me on what business they can do or what to import to make money. I will update this thread on it.

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nellyd(f): 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
zhukafa:

Zhukafa@yahoo.com
Thanks....
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by DonaldYusuf(m): 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
All those that requested for my book via mail, please check your email, because i have sent you the free copy as promised. The book is still in its raw form. Enjoy...
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by DonaldYusuf(m): 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
Food packaging

There are certain foods and spices that when well packaged will sell better in Nigeria. Now sugar has been packaged in small nylon packs; salt has also been packaged and even fortified with vitamin A.
What about packaging dried pepper, Garri, Groundnuts, cashew nuts, cassava flour and beans? Groundnut is commonly sold in bottles, which is too big to hold, or tied in leather which is not fancy. What is your duty as an entrepreneur? Package groundnuts in a more fancy nylon pack with your brand name printed on it. Imagine groundnut packaged in a transparent nylon pack and branded ‘Jay Groundnut’. Imagine people walking into Silverbird Galleria to catch a movie and demanding for Jay G’nut alongside the usual popcorn! Imagine Jay G’nut sold in big super markets and Shopping Malls.

This business does not require a huge start-up; your major duty is to buy the raw groundnut in large quantity and get someone to handle the frying. This can be operated within your compound, so there is no need to rent an office or set up a factory. Groundnut is not expensive; nylon is also not expensive, likewise printing.
People will like to eat their groundnut the same way they eat popcorn, but they are not satisfied with the current packaging method. All you are doing is to give groundnut an ‘effizy’ packaging, so that people can hold it comfortably without being ashamed. You could also do same for cashew nut. Okay, that is it about groundnut packaging! Let’s move on…

I have always wondered why garri is not sold in well packaged bags as rice. Truth be told, garri has become a staple food in Nigeria. I believe staple is an adjective that means ‘main’. So a staple food simply means “main food”. You will agree with me that garri is a main food in Nigeria. Garri is very much consumed in many households in the country, not to talk of the consumption by students in boarding secondary schools and Tertiary institutions.

What if you package garri in branded transparent strong nylon bags? Imagine garri packaged as ‘Jay Garri’ in a nice transparent nylon pack, in kilograms. Don’t you think the product will attract even the elites and students will be happy to walk into a supermarket and pick a pack of garri? Jay Garri and Jay G’nut…hmmm I feel like soaking garri right now. Lol…

Another product you could consider packaging is grounded pepper (dried pepper); I think I saw a packaged pepper in Abuja sometime last year. You could do it!

There is an advocacy by the government for the use of cassava in bread-making in the country, this is an opportunity for you to package cassava flour in branded nylon packs and sell to bakeries. Cassava is also used in making Chin chi and other small chops, especially during festivities like Christmas, so there is a market for this product. I believe there is also an export market; I will do my research and give my findings.

One advantage of packaging these already popular products is that it gives you a competitive edge over the regular local sellers; for example, we knew what salt was, and used it in our cooking, but Dangote decided to package that same popular product in branded nylon packs, and added something (vitamin A). Today that product sells very well, and is taking a major share of the salt market.

The business idea I’m discussing here is that you look for products that are already popular in the country but not well packaged, then you package it with your brand name.

Someone might ask “what about NAFDAC”? Well start first and deal with NAFDAC later. How many of the groundnuts sold in bottles in supermarkets have NAFDAC number? The popcorn we buy at Cinemas and other places, do they have NAFDAC numbers? Sometimes, over analysis leads to paralysis…when you over analyse ideas and opportunities, you might never start.

Our next business idea will be on setting up a Mini bakery. Watch out!

6 Likes

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by qualified(f): 10:49am On Jun 25, 2013
jaeik007: PLS CAN YOU OOUTLINE THE THESE 13 BUSINESS IDEAS...I MEAN ONE AFTER THE OTHER WITHOUT DETAILS,.....THANKS
sorry, if u can't fish them out urself, u might also be too lazy to start and sustain any biz.
Imagine such request!

5 Likes

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thanks for the ebook
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by OMOLADY(f): 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
pls send me a copy as well on innocentshedrack09@gmail.com
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by denicegq86: 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
could you send me a copy of the ebook as well denicesmiles@yahoo.com
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
Donald Yusuf: Food packaging

Our next business idea will be on setting up a Mini bakery. Watch out!

Will love to see that one, and may i ask you if you have set up any of this buz yourself and how it goes, cos on papers MOST buz looks good till to make it reality, but i will admit that your ideas are great.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by jelikay: 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
Pls i will really like u to update me more about the Aliexpress.com.if i buy how do i collect?Here is my Email:justmailgabe@yahoo.com or gabriel_karis@hotmail.com
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by jelikay: 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
I really like the Aliexpress.com.What about the shippment,is it free or i have to pay.And how do i get my goods?
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Realtym(f): 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
Donald Yusuf: All those that requested for my book via mail, please check your email, because i have sent you the free copy as promised. The book is still in its raw form. Enjoy...
Plz send me a copy of the e-book : bdbest4eva@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by qualified(f): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
@yusuf, u are doing a great job.
Pls send me d book at:
charityncharity@yahoo.com
thank you
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
What do you want to know?
jelikay: Pls i will really like u to update me more about the Aliexpress.com.if i buy how do i collect?Here is my Email:justmailgabe@yahoo.com or gabriel_karis@hotmail.com
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Jabe(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2013
ebichy: ​»̶-̶̶ †̥ånKz-► for the information, i have gone through www.alibaba.com and i got interested but my question is, am not too convinced with the address and the companies description, how authentic is this please?

i Understand ur plight. Some of them are real, some are fake. u have to be careful, i lost 60k trying to do that business...but now, i can do it without shaking because i now know the dos and donts. get a copy of my importation eBook and see what am talking about Visit www.12laptop..com
Regards
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by ibizgirl(f): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
Hi Donald,
I sent you a mail ealier requesting a copy of the e-book but I haven't received one pls send me a copy via
sazi77@yahoo.com

Thanks

Donald Yusuf: All those that requested for my book via mail, please check your email, because i have sent you the free copy as promised. The book is still in its raw form. Enjoy...
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by feflo: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
You can now harness the power of the sun by using this handy and PORTABLE SOLAR DEVICE.
With this you can charge all models of phone and also light up your room.
It comes with the solar panel for charging up the device and can last up to eight hours when fully
charged. You do not need PHCN at all. Just charge up with sun and use.
The package includes:
 1.2W solar Panel with 5mtrs. cable
 LED light with 4mtrs. cable
 Phone adapters for charging mobile phones
 Device containing 800mA nickel metal batteries.
For enquiries, call Femi on 08023662352

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 28, 2013
I salute d OP n other contributors of this thread, I must say that I feel elated seeing Nigerian youths leaving up2 my expexctations n the yet schrewd ingenousness being displayed here, I must commend you.

Buh I think d Onus lies on me 2 make some lucid clearification about things, 1st U should know that it is imperative n of utmost relevance dat b4 U venture in2 any business, no matter how logical or good it seems theoritically, U'll have to align urself with some1 dat is in2 a similar thing, 2 learn d trade 2 successfully excel.. (Learn n make calculated risk), else ur business annals will be nothing buh deplorable, n U myt never recover 4rm ur encounter.
I know d frenzy reading n getting business ideas come with, buh my wealth of experience says, reality differs 4rm theories... N I believe dat maxim is worth reckoning with..
So pls my illustrious NLnders, be careful in ur endeavours, n schrewed in actions

Unkle Ray
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by phlaakie: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hello yusuf please i will also like to have a copy of the book please kindly send to phlaakie@yahoo.com. Tnx
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by PastorAji(m): 1:42am On Jul 01, 2013
Distinguished OP's,
I'm really impressed at all the business ideas presented here.... I read the whole of 8 pages and I'm happy.
@Donald Yesufu, I will appreciate if u can send the Ebook †̥ my mailbox: wande4real@gmail.com. Furthermore I want pipul to suggest a business I can do (as a banker)

One Love
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by adebaxton(m): 9:45am On Jul 04, 2013
c
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by henrimoto(m): 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
Raymondenyi: I salute d OP n other contributors of this thread, I must say that I feel elated seeing Nigerian youths leaving up2 my expexctations n the yet schrewd ingenousness being displayed here, I must commend you.

Buh I think d Onus lies on me 2 make some lucid clearification about things, 1st U should know that it is imperative n of utmost relevance dat b4 U venture in2 any business, no matter how logical or good it seems theoritically, U'll have to align urself with some1 dat is in2 a similar thing, 2 learn d trade 2 successfully excel.. (Learn n make calculated risk), else ur business annals will be nothing buh deplorable, n U myt never recover 4rm ur encounter.
I know d frenzy reading n getting business ideas come with, buh my wealth of experience says, reality differs 4rm theories... N I believe dat maxim is worth reckoning with..
So pls my illustrious NLnders, be careful in ur endeavours, n schrewed in actions

Unkle Ray
uncle ray, thanks 4 d advice, and concern. being an enterpreneur is nt an easy ride on a smooth road. bros, sis. it takes patience, endurance, persistance, determination and focus ! people, e no easy.... but its worth d hussles. uncle ray, pls o, are u really a business man or u re a lecturer ? because, d kind big-big grammar wey full ur comments.bros , i wonder! c am naa... onus, annals, schrewed, frenzy, e plenty there... bros, no poshu customers abi na clients with big oyii-boo !
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
hi donald i will like to have a copy of the ebook. my email taiwo1122@yahoo.com. thanks.
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by papagiddy(m): 12:41am On Jul 05, 2013
Don, plzz i need ur e book:gideonadeleke@yahoo.com
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 05, 2013
-_-

1 Like

Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by solarinakins: 8:00am On Jul 05, 2013
MY NAME IS SOLARIN AKIN AM A GRADUATE AND A FOREX TRADER. I TRADE ON BETONMARKETS CURRENTLY. YORUBA SAYS IF YOUR CHARM IS CONFIRMED YOU WILL BE CONFIDENT WITH IT THAT IS WHY I DONT JUST SELL MANUAL I ALSO DO ONE ON ONE TRAINING. I ALSO TRADE FOR PEOPLE BUT I CANT DECEIVE YOU I CANT GIVE YOU NOTHING MORE THAN $10 DAILY ON $200. BECAUSE IT DOESNT MATTER IF I TRADE OR NOT YOU GET YOUR PROFIT EVERY 10DAYS. FOR MY ONE ON TRAINING AM ALWAYS AVAILABLE I WILL TEACH YOU THE SIMPLEX AND EASIEST WAYS TO MAKE NOTHING LESS THAN $36 DAILY WITH GUARANTEE. YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON 08063398924. THANKS.

ANSWER TO QUESTIONS FROM CALLERS AND INVESTORS

if you want a one on one training is just 20,000( you will get the manual for free)
my manual is 5,000
if you want to invest, the minimum investment is $200 and maximum is $500 for now, you get 5% daily
payment to be made to your bank account or webmoney account every ten days you are free to come to me for one on one for negociation.

SECURITIES/GUARANTEE

Once you have my bank account details and a 10 days money back guarantee as a rational human being note you are saved.

.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Adarubenyahoo: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2013
Am into business I due buy for pple over there in china depending on the type of goods u want I will fix u with the price and if ok I will order from the company and shift to u anywhere u re.my name is Amaka I live here in china with my family if anyone want to partner with me .here is my number +8613612770893
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by abolem369(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2013
ibizgirl: Hi Donald,
I sent you a mail ealier requesting a copy of the e-book but I haven't received one pls send me a copy via
sazi77@yahoo.com

Thanks

I need d ebook too plz, very urgent. Emmanyjobs@gmail.com
Re: 13 Business Ideas For 2013 by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 08, 2013
pls kindly send me a copy of ur ebook at eiyerejames@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? / See The 55-inch Plasma TV A Lady Got After Ordering For It On Facebook.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.