Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Irrationality Of Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Irrationality Of Atheism (8940 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irrationality Of Atheism by PastorKun(m): 6:58am On Jan 15, 2013
Whilst I normally don't like engaging atheist on NL cause I believe they have deliberately chosen to be ignorant, I would like to share this write up I took off a friend's facebook page as I believe it's worth sharing.

Few things bother me more than atheism. It is as though because of
the antecedents of believers in a Supreme Being the Supreme Being must
then be shorn asunder. Most of what man has said is God is man creating
God from man's vast imagination. So, then, what is "God?" I define God
as the source of volition who lives outside the time and space created by
our cosmic big bang. The question of a creator is answered by the existence
of anything. As they say, why is there not nothing? Meaning, where was the
energy that created all matter willed from "in the first place", if not the source of volition?
Volition itself is a mystery. The moon cannot, of it's own, decide to leave its
orbit for a stroll down the milky way galaxy. But man can decide to move and then,
in a singularity-like instance, move energy. What type of energy
is volitional energy? It is as though man has a hidden capacitor that stores energy
and is able to invoke this circuit "at will." What is this will? The moon and sun don't have it,
and they are moved by the big bang and it's inflationary vibration.
This is why man speculates that we are made in the image and
likeness of the the source of volition. Physicists cannot explain what "I" is other
than "awareness" of space in time within the bounds of the laws of our universe. But
what gives individual identity? Can this identity be said to be a random manifestation
of our expanding universe, and if so, why do we call it "life"? There are types of life
on earth, gathering energy through a solar process, but only fertilization and germination create the sort
of volitional object which is not bound by an orbit defined by the big bang's initial
inflation and vibration. What type of energy is this in physics? Nobody knows.
I haven't considered myself a Christian for a while, but I certainly know that it is
the fool who says in his heart that there is no God. If because God is cloaked in
Judeo-Christian garb you deny the existence of a source of volition, ask yourself, what
is volition and where is it stored? It has nothing to do with Adam or Eve. Those revelations
are not meant for those who prefer a more rational explanation of our existence. If you deny
that there could be a higher intelligence than yourself and that this intelligence, too, has
volition, then you are in danger of becoming irrelevant in the argument. Humans can prove one
to another that relatively, god-like intelligence exists amongst and between humans. Why then should
we not assume that a higher intelligence than ours also exists relative to ours, one which does not
require space/time in order to function volitionally.
There are those who say that Olodumare created the Universe and that he sent Oduduwa "down" to earth
to create Ile-Ife. And there are those who say it was Yaweh who brooded upon the face of the deep.
Our accumulated knowledge tells us, however, that the the sense of time was created "in an instant"
fourteen or so billion years ago, "before" which time was irrelevant to us who sense it. This requires
a creator, only because it was OUR sense of time in space that came to be, and volitional sense cannot
spring up from a dense infinity of energy and massless gas. It is alright to be agnostic and to say
that it is unknowable until proven otherwise. But to dismiss God outright without really appreciating
the meaninglessness, then, of existence is folly. The fool has said in his heart, that volition is
not proof of a source of volition. There... I'm done ranting

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by AtheistD(m): 8:19am On Jan 15, 2013
Agnosticism is a safer view point however they are not too far off from atheists. They reject the Abrahamic God too. So why do xtians like using them as some sort of shining example.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Livingwaters: 8:27am On Jan 15, 2013
Good stuff, to deny The existence of God is to deny the existence of oneself, like saying- 'i do not exist', thats foolishness

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by AtheistD(m): 8:33am On Jan 15, 2013
Livingwaters: Good stuff, to deny The existence of God is to deny the existence of oneself, like saying- 'i do not exist', thats foolishness

But I do exist. God does not define me.... I define myself wink
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Livingwaters: 9:26am On Jan 15, 2013
Atheist:-D:

But I do exist. God does not define me.... I define myself wink

thats like a deaf and dumb saying there is no sound because i cant hear any sound. Or robots saying there is nothing like human being because of the advancement in science/tech which gives so much abilities to modern robots, ur ancestors who did not ve ur education knew that there is God, but u because of advancements of humanity, u are denying God. But u know what? The programmes in advanced robotics was written by man, and man doesnt need the acknowledgement of robots to prove his existence

3 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by AtheistD(m): 9:28am On Jan 15, 2013
Livingwaters: thats like a deaf and dumb saying there is no sound because i cant hear any sound. Or robots saying there is nothing like human being because of the advancement in science/tech which gives so much abilities to modern robots, ur ancestors who did not ve ur education knew that there is God, but u because of advancements of humanity, u are denying God. But u know what? The programmes in advanced robotics was written by man, and man doesnt need the acknowledgement of robots to prove his existence

Now it isnt. The evidence for Gods existence is pretty much nonsense. Read the bible and kuran... you will understand me.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by azpekuliar: 9:38am On Jan 15, 2013
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by onetrack(m): 10:20am On Jan 15, 2013
Maybe God died during the Big Bang explosion.

2 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by PastorKun(m): 12:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
onetrack: Maybe God died during the Big Bang explosion.

The big bang theory it self is just a theory. It really doesn't make much sense and leaves a lot of questions un answered.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by F00028: 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2013

Now it isnt. The evidence for Gods existence is pretty much nonsense. Read the bible and kuran... you will understand me.

When we reflect upon our own existence we will come to the realisation, that at some point in time, we began to exist. Since we were once non-existent and are now in existence, it follows that we must have had a beginning. In light of this, the Qur’an raises some profound questions: were we created by nothing? Did we create ourselves? Or did we create the universe?
(Quran 52:35-36)

These questions can be addressed to the
existence of everything temporal, in other words the entire universe. Therefore, the exegetical implications of these verses can be logically formulated in the following way:

Things that began to exist were either:-
1. Created or brought into being from nothing

2. Self caused or self created

3. Created or brought into being by something else that began to exist

4. Created or brought into being by a non-
created or un-caused entity

Before we proceed, the first presupposition has to be subtantiated, as it forms the basis for the Qur’an’s argument for the existence of God.
http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/essays-articles/philosophy-theology/the-quranic-argument-for-gods-existence/
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by F00028: 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2013

When we reflect upon our own existence we will come to the realisation, that at some point in time, we began to exist. Since we were once non-existent and are now in existence, it follows that we must have had a beginning. In light of this, the Qur’an raises some profound questions: were we created by nothing? Did we create ourselves? Or did we create the universe?
(Quran 52:35-36)

These questions can be addressed to the
existence of everything temporal, in other words the entire universe. Therefore, the exegetical implications of these verses can be logically formulated in the following way:

Things that began to exist were either:-
1. Created or brought into being from nothing

2. Self caused or self created

3. Created or brought into being by something else that began to exist

4. Created or brought into being by a non-
created or un-caused entity

Before we proceed, the first presupposition has to be subtantiated, as it forms the basis for the Qur’an’s argument for the existence of God.
http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/essays-articles/philosophy-theology/the-quranic-argument-for-gods-existence/

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by plaetton: 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
The thing that boggles my mind the most is why, and how can a person believe in something, but gets irritated that some others do not believe in what he or she believes?
Why does your god, in whatever way you conjured him up, need me to believe in him too? That's the part I do not understand.

If you believe in something, lets say, santa Clause or the Flying Spagetti Monster(FSM), your belief in it should be self-sufficient for you.
Why do you feel somehow diminished and deficient because another person does not believe in the existence of your god?

Could it be that since god is a creation of your mind, your inner psyche, then a denial of such a god is somehow tantamount to an invalidation of your own core essence? Isn't that the reason goddist like you despise atheism so much? Because atheists dont just mock the existence of god, they, by extension, mock your mental creation, the sum total of all that you are, or think you are?

So who is the irrational one here, the goddist who says "look,the sky is green" or the atheist who says " show me the green sky??

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Stalwert: 3:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
^
I think the most irritating of all is to see atheists spend all their good time arguing with people they claim believe in fairy tales, I mean it does just make sense, I for one cannot spend my valuable time arguing with an adult who believes in tooth fairy, I mean believe what you want, I don't see how it disturbs, but on the contrary atheists I have seen in the forum spend good time refuting what they call simply fairy tales, that in itself is plain ridiculous indeed unless you guys really have nothings most of the time!

10 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
^^^ Most things about evangelical atheism are senseless. Even fundamentally, atheism let alone evangelical atheism is illogical and irrational. All the books that their bishops and evangelists are writing - when examined intellectually, logically and philosophically - simply amount to building castles in the air. As a professor in one of the great universities said: you can pass our exams by writing bulls.hit ----- as long as you write the bulls.hit well.

Look even their pope and Dady G.O. (aka Richard Dawkins) knows it; even his statement and actions betray his knowledge/awareness (deep down) of the illogicality and nonsense of his position.

Take for example his papal declaration or fatwa that his followers should mock and ridicule people of faith ---- is that rational discourse by the standard of any intellectually or logically sound person?

"Mock them, ridicule them --- in public" he declared.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Goshen360(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
Stalwert: ^
I think the most irritating of all is to see atheists spend all their good time arguing with people they claim believe in fairy tales, I mean it does just make sense, I for one cannot spend my valuable time arguing with an adult who believes in tooth fairy, I mean believe what you want, I don't see how it disturbs, but on the contrary atheists I have seen in the forum spend good time refuting what they call simply fairy tales, that in itself is plain ridiculous indeed unless you guys really have nothings most of the time!

I'm Goshen360 and I ENDORSE your message!

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by plaetton: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2013

I dont know where you live, but here in Nigeria, the religious beliefs of others affect me, by no fault of mine, in almost every way every single day. As an atheist in Nigeria, its impossible to mind your own business because they simply wont leave you alone. I have a neighbor who has gradually turn his house from from once weekly fellowship to daily fellowship, and then now into a full blown church. You have no idea what I have to put up with.

On this forum, and else where, theist make ridiculous claims and assertions,using their usual currencies of fear and guilt, which I assume, is a way of marketing their products. The anonyimity of this forum allows us to challenge and repudiate their ridiculous claims and assertions.

After a while , it becomes a fun and favourite past time.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2013

+1

And the excuses they give for their obnoxiousness on forums like these are just nonsense. wink

3 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ Most things about evangelical atheism are senseless. Even fundamentally, atheism let alone evangelical atheism is illogical and irrational. All the boooks that their bishops and evangelists are writing - when examined intellectually, logically and philosophically - simply amount to building castles in the air. As a professor in one of the great universities said: you can pass our exams by writing bulls.hit ----- as long as you write the bulls.hit well.

Look even their pope and Dady G.O. (aka Richard Dawkins) knows it; even his statement and actions betray his knowledge/awareness (deep down) of the illogicality and nonsense of his position.

Take for example his papal declaration or fatwa that his followers should mock and ridicule people of faith ---- is that rational discourse by the standard of any intellectually or logically sound person?

An atheist cant be evangelical. It would be like saying that telling people that the world is not flat or that santa clause doesnt exist is evvangelical.

Atheism would have to be a religion/philosophy for it to have that merit.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Goshen360(m): 4:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

An atheist cant be evangelical. It would be like saying that telling people that the world is not flat or that santa clause doesnt exist is evvangelical.

Atheism would have to be a religion/philosophy for it to have that merit.

....and you have narrowed definition of evangelism just like you have for slave to servant huh?....Aren't you also evangelical in your Atheism as demonstrated on this forum?....same bullsh.it as usual... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360: ....and you have narrowed definition of evangelism just like you have for slave to servant huh?.... same bullsh.it as usual... cheesy

And of course, bros, evangelical atheism is a religion. That has long been established and is no longer something I see as a matter for extensive debate here. smiley
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by plaetton: 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
@stalwert

Talking about irrationality, you will agree with me that there is a big difference between atheists and theists.

I , like most atheist despise religion and mock it. But, with emphasis, we do not hate , despise, discriminate nor despise people because they are religious. For us it would be impossible since we are all sorrounded by religious people in families and friendships. The only exception being those who exploit others and feed fat on religion.

Religious people, on the other hand, automatically hate and despise other who reject their beliefs. Not so?
Again, who is the irrational one?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
The funniest thing in this thread is that the religious people here are showing how immoral or irrationally ignorant they are.

One must be irrational or a liar not to understand that atheists have every right to complain about religion or God due to the constant discrimination they face in the name of God. Just look at the things form last year alone that one has to deny;

-Atheist arrested for being an atheist in indonesia
-Secular constitution breached by government in Nigeria to fund religious holidays, sharia and churches
-Distrust and lies against you because your're an atheist in Nigeria (case of Leo Igwe and Frosbel's fellow christian wesbsite's criminal accusation)
-Battle over abortion rights in America where christians want to enforce their religious views on the public
-Atheist dicrimination in the American military
-Parents kicking our teenagers to the streets for disbelief
-American christians claiming that shootings happen in school because prayers were removed from schools (insensitive to atheist victims/parents)

These and many more.

So when a religious person complains that atheists spend a lot of time criticising Religion or people who believe in God, the religious person must be foolish to ignore what his religion and religious people do to atheists in the first place.

It is your bibles and quran that strick the first blow- claiming atheists and disbelievers are fools.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Stalwert: 4:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ Most things about evangelical atheism are senseless. Even fundamentally, atheism let alone evangelical atheism is illogical and irrational. All the books that their bishops and evangelists are writing - when examined intellectually, logically and philosophically - simply amount to building castles in the air. As a professor in one of the great universities said: you can pass our exams by writing bulls.hit ----- as long as you write the bulls.hit well.

Truly bro this runs deep at the heart of the matter, they sometime sound like a jilted lovers always complaining about their ex, if not how do you explain the above "mock them, ridicule them ---" indeed such childish sentiments have no place in intellectual discourse indeed!

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by JeSoul(f): 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
@Enigma, I rescind my last comment to you on that thread...there are not many at all. I tried and failed while attempting to count...

@uncle Kunle, happy new year sir.

@topic, I have no issues with atheism - to each his own. What is truly humorous and regrettable is the air of arrogance many carry themselves around with. What is truly sad - is that many of them think & declare themselves better than others. Few things invoke distaste as people who 'look down' on others for whatever reason.

Now this behavior is not unqiue to atheism alone - many of religious inclination will give them a mad dash run for their money, but belligerence has become a sort of calling card and badge of association for the neo-modern evangelistic atheist - many of whom are simply grudge-bearing 'fall-aways' from christianity, eager to mete out payback to pastors that may have led them astray or parents that forced them to sunday school.

That said, I do emphathize with the occasional one. Being a minority is never easy and they do get discriminated against often - I feel for all yous. But please don't try to make up what you lack in numbers with brass.

^all said with a very big smiley face cheesy

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

....and you have narrowed definition of evangelism just like you have for slave to servant huh?....Aren't you also evangelical in your Atheism as demonstrated on this forum?....same bullsh.it as usual... cheesy

Are adverts for safe sex and condoms evangelism as well?

You stretched the meaning of evangleism and you are claiming that my default postion narrows the definition.

Delusional
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Goshen360(m): 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
plaetton: @stalwert

Religious people, on the other hand, automatically hate and despise other who reject their beliefs. Not so?
Again, who is the irrational one?

This is untrue! I don't know where you get this from. What kind of statement is this in itself? Hateful or loving statement?

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Stalwert: 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

I'm Goshen360 and I ENDORSE your message!

So says the big CAHUNA grin grin u got politcal swag!

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

This is untrue! I don't know where you get this from. What kind of statement is this in itself? Hateful or loving statement?

It is a factual statement, you are told by your bible (which is the word of God) to dislike atheists;

Psalm 14:1
King James Version (KJV)
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Stalwert: 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
Enigma:

+1

And the excuses they give for their obnoxiousness on forums like these are just nonsense. wink

cheesy imagine platteon saying he is here because of christian singing truly nonsense indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03: The funniest thing in this thread is that the religious people here are showing how immoral or irrationally ignorant they are.

[size=14pt]One must be irrational or a liar not to understand that atheists have every right to complain about religion or God due to the constant discrimination they face in the name of God. Just look at the things form last year alone that one has to deny;

-Atheist arrested for being an atheist in indonesia
-Secular constitution breached by government in Nigeria to fund religious holidays, sharia and churches
-Distrust and lies against you because your're an atheist in Nigeria (case of Leo Igwe and Frosbel's fellow christian wesbsite's criminal accusation)
-Battle over abortion rights in America where christians want to enforce their religious views on the public
-Atheist dicrimination in the American military
-Parents kicking our teenagers to the streets for disbelief
-American christians claiming that shootings happen in school because prayers were removed from schools (insensitive to atheist victims/parents)

These and many more.

So when a religious person complains that atheists spend a lot of time criticising Religion or people who believe in God, the religious person must be foolish to ignore what his religion and religious people do to atheists in the first place.
[/size]
It is your bibles and quran that strick the first blow- claiming atheists and disbelievers are fools.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Goshen360(m): 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Are adverts for safe sex and condoms evangelism as well?

You stretched the meaning of evangleism and you are claiming that my default postion narrows the definition.

Delusional

You see where you fall flat in logical reasoning? ADVERT = Evangelism shocked shocked shocked I used to think you're smart... grin
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
JeSoul: @Enigma, I rescind my last comment to you on that thread...there are not many at all. I tried and failed while attempting to count...

My dear sis, I know that even when we seem to disagree you have enough idea of my thinking process so I'm not usually bothered on such occasions.

In all honesty, my own approach has always been to leave others alone be they Moslems, Eckists, Grail movement, atheists etc. My own concern has always been with "the lost house/sheep of Israel". wink

If our friends had not become as obnoxious as they are, I would have continued keeping away from them.

(And touching on something you said further in your post) I too will continue adding a smiling face for "my friends" here. lol

Here smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Igbo’s Should Apologise To Ekwensu / Book Of Matthew.(Another Great Teachings of JESUS) / 40 Striking&Interesting Similarities Between:Archbishop Idahosa & Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.