Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,725 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Irrationality Of Atheism - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Irrationality Of Atheism (8943 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Kay 17: At the end of the day, the religious theist sticks adamantly to his faith.

Faith explains everything.....even what happens to people in daily life cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1167137/logicboy-broke
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
thehomer:

We see this right here on earth. The poles of the earth form ice while the rest of the universe tends towards disorder at the larger scale.

That was formed by intelligent design. Care to form your own miracle in the lab?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

That was formed by intelligent design. Care to form your own miracle in the lab?

What? Water turning to ice at low temperatures occurs due to intelligent design? Okay so who is this intelligence and what is the purpose of this design?

Notice that it is actually an example of what I said.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
thehomer:

What? Water turning to ice at low temperatures occurs due to intelligent design? Okay so who is this intelligence and what is the purpose of this design?

Notice that it is actually an example of what I said.

Beautiful point thehomer! Behaviour of matter can't be owed to intelligent design or chance.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
davidylan:

Rather a behavior observable and at least theorized.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
Kay 17:

Beautiful point thehomer! Behaviour of matter can't be owed to intelligent design or chance.

Yes. But will the religious ones realize this?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by wirinet(m): 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
plaetton:

This is the best summary of religious irrationality i seen so far.
May I have your permission to borrow some or all of the phrases in the future?

Of course you i freely give you full copyright permission, you would need to rephrase some sentences and do some corrections. I am posting with my mobile phones, because of the tiny screen and buttons, i do not bother to proofread after typing.

Thanks for appreciating my write up anyway.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 12:55am On Jan 19, 2013
thehomer:

We see this right here on earth. The poles of the earth form ice while the rest of the universe tends towards disorder at the larger scale.

ignorance!

Distance and shaded from the sun should not lead you too far away from reality my friend.

Assumptions exposes ones ignorance, better to keep quite some times my friend.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 12:56am On Jan 19, 2013
Kay 17: At the end of the day, the religious theist sticks adamantly to his faith.

what really makes the loudest noise?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 1:07am On Jan 19, 2013
Kay 17:

from that ^^, matter seems and in actuality follows a definite partan over time that is predictable in science.

what then is responsible for matter attaining intelligence of its own/freewill in the form of man, since the beheavioural partan of matter is absolutely predictable?

Which Ofcouse is a deviation.

Care to explain or you will chicken out?

Dont disappoint erm pleasssssssssss!
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 1:10am On Jan 19, 2013
Kay 17:

Rather a behavior observable and at least theorized.

yes true.
Please answer the question above.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 1:11am On Jan 19, 2013
thehomer:

Yes. But will the religious ones realize this?

can you answer the question above? (Dady atheism).
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 1:15am On Jan 19, 2013
wirinet:

Of course you i freely give you full copyright permission, you would need to rephrase some sentences and do some corrections. I am posting with my mobile phones, because of the tiny screen and buttons, i do not bother to proofread after typing.

Thanks for appreciating my write up anyway.

for what?
Lol. (find himself in eldorado) for what in a civilise society is not worthy of reference?

*Smh*
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 6:44am On Jan 19, 2013
truthislight:

from that ^^, matter seems and in actuality follows a definite partan over time that is predictable in science.

what then is responsible for matter attaining intelligence of its own/freewill in the form of man, since the beheavioural partan of matter is absolutely predictable?

Which Ofcouse is a deviation.

Care to explain or you will chicken out?

Dont disappoint erm pleasssssssssss!

If you understamd the law of identity, you'd know that behaviour is a function of identity. A mad man is identified by his antics obviously.

And also it seems your favourite tactics is to fabricate stories and put it in the mouth of your opponet. I never said Matter has free will.

And we haven't FINISHED our discussion intelligent design and Nature.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
Lol. What a way to escape from the obvious folly of you irrationalities"?

Kay 17:

If you understamd the law of identity, you'd know that behaviour is a function of identity. A mad man is identified by his antics obviously.

And also it seems your favourite tactics is to fabricate stories and put it in the mouth of your opponet. I never said Matter has free will.

And we haven't FINISHED our discussion intelligent design and Nature.

what are you up to now?
was this not what you said to therhomer:

Kay 17:

Beautiful point thehomer! Behaviour of matter can't be owed to intelligent design.
(adding chance to that ^^ was rhetoric and contradictory)

from which i said:

truthislight:

so why are you shading feathers now?

Is it now possible that thehomer was no longer making a beautiful point? :

Kay 17:

Beautiful point thehomer! Behaviour of matter can't be owed to intelligent design or .

well, judge for yourself.

Kay 17:

and i never made reference to "freewill" in isolation In my post, my used of the word "freewill" was to define "man" and his peculiarity.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
Kay 17:

that's quite silly actually since you have no explanation for WHAT PURPOSE this behavior evolved. It just spontaneously occurred? The precision with which it occurs was "designed" from an environment that tends mostly to entropy?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 5:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
davidylan:

that's quite silly actually since you have no explanation for WHAT PURPOSE this behavior evolved. It just spontaneously occurred? The precision with which it occurs was "designed" from an environment that tends mostly to entropy?

The purpose of what behaviour? And what precision are you talking about? If you want to make an argument from design or of fine tuning, please go ahead so there is no confusion along the way.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 19, 2013
thehomer:

The purpose of what behaviour? And what precision are you talking about? If you want to make an argument from design or of fine tuning, please go ahead so there is no confusion along the way.

what is the purpose of water freezing?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
davidylan:

This is the foolishness of certain theists. They ask rdiculous questions that have no answer to the atheist. When the atheist says that they cant answer, the theist then plugs in a god of the gaps!

You are shameless for asking that reetarded question.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
davidylan:

I don't think it has a purpose. What do you think is the purpose for water freezing?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
thehomer:

I don't think it has a purpose. What do you think is the purpose for water freezing?

If there was no purpose then why did it evolve?

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
thehomer:

it does grin had this nasty wipe-out learning how to ride a bicycle as a kid.. fell between the bars.. frozen water provided a whole lot of relief grin just kiddin

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2013
davidylan:

Who says water evolved? And please try to answer my question too so we can have a conversation. So, what do you think is the purpose for water freezing.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

it does grin had this nasty wipe-out learning how to ride a bicycle as a kid.. fell between the bars.. frozen water provided a whole lot of relief grin just kiddin

Hmm I don't know. Maybe its purpose was to sink the Titanic because God didn't want people building big ships in 1912.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
davidylan:

WHY presume teleology?!
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 11:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
truthislight: Lol. What a way to escape from the obvious folly of you irrationalities"?

what are you up to now?
was this not what you said to therhomer:

(adding chance to that ^^ was rhetoric and contradictory)

from which i said:

so why are you shading feathers now?

Is it now possible that thehomer was no longer making a beautiful point? :

well, judge for yourself.

and i never made reference to "freewill" in isolation In my post, my used of the word "freewill" was to define "man" and his peculiarity.

Water freezes at below 0 degrees celsius. Is that chance or ID or natural reaction to you?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 20, 2013
thehomer:

Who says water evolved? And please try to answer my question too so we can have a conversation. So, what do you think is the purpose for water freezing.

I asked the question first... i much rather follow that to a logical end. We cant have a conversation dealing with two issues at the same time...

If water didnt evolve then where did it come from and how?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 20, 2013
Kay 17:

Water freezes at below 0 degrees celsius. Is that chance or ID or natural reaction to you?

and that water just randomly appeared from nowhere?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 1:06am On Jan 20, 2013
Kay 17:

WHY presume teleology?!
Loooool, this same question again?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 10:31am On Jan 20, 2013
davidylan:

I asked the question first... i much rather follow that to a logical end. We cant have a conversation dealing with two issues at the same time...

The first question you asked, I answered and asked mine which you seem to be evading while asking another question based on faulty assumptions. Come on. I'm sure you can walk and chew gum at the same time besides, I think they're related.

davidylan:
If water didnt evolve then where did it come from and how?

Water is formed by the chemical reaction between Hydrogen and Oxygen. Now, please tell me what the purpose of water is.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 11:07am On Jan 20, 2013
davidylan:

and that water just randomly appeared from nowhere?

No! Simply because EVERYTIME hydrogen and oxygen combine, it always form water. A simple mechanical effect.

And stop associating all atheists' comments with chance!!
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Loooool, this same question again?

Because no justification yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Book Of Matthew.(Another Great Teachings of JESUS) / 40 Striking&Interesting Similarities Between:Archbishop Idahosa & Bishop Oyedepo / Why Are Some Christians Poor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.