Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:53 PM

Irrationality Of Atheism - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Irrationality Of Atheism (8919 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by wirinet(m): 1:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
davidylan:

what is the purpose of water freezing?

davidylan:

that's quite silly actually since you have no explanation for WHAT PURPOSE this behavior evolved. It just spontaneously occurred? The precision with which it occurs was "designed" from an environment that tends mostly to entropy?

The purpose of water freezing is the same purpose every other matter freezes.

All matter is capable of expressing itself in 3 states - solid, liquid and gas, and which ever state is expressed depends on the temperature, occupied volume and pressure. Remember basic physics - PV/T is constant.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
wirinet:

All matter is capable of expressing itself in 3 states - solid, liquid and gas, and which ever state is expressed depends on the temperature, occupied volume and pressure. Remember basic physics - PV/T is constant.

makes zero sense. The purpose of these precise laws of physics is? What purpose does it serve nature for water to freeze?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by wirinet(m): 12:11am On Jan 21, 2013
davidylan:

makes zero sense. The purpose of these precise laws of physics is? What purpose does it serve nature for water to freeze?

Maybe it is me that does not understand your question or the relevance of the question, so you might have to expanciate better.

But i can tell you why water freezes. Nature freezes water the way it freezes all other elements or compounds. This is because at the temperature of a material is directly related to how fast and close together its atoms are vibrating, and below a certain critical temperature (0`C for water), the molecules will be vibrating so slowly and packed together as to take a solid form.

That is the inherent nature of matter.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 21, 2013
wirinet:

Maybe it is me that does not understand your question or the relevance of the question, so you might have to expanciate better.

But i can tell you why water freezes. Nature freezes water the way it freezes all other elements or compounds. This is because at the temperature of a material is directly related to how fast and close together its atoms are vibrating, and below a certain critical temperature (0`C for water), the molecules will be vibrating so slowly and packed together as to take a solid form.

My question is very clear. Your responses are an example of hindsight being 20/20. So we ALREADY KNOW that water freezes... but my question goes way beyond... why did nature come up with precise laws to allow the freezing of water? What was the point of water in the first place and why does it freeze?

Those questions are asked based on the backdrop of the atheist position that claims the earth and human existence are mere purposeless accidents of nature.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 9:20am On Jan 21, 2013
wirinet:

wise guy wanna be?

I suppose you are saying it ant an intelligent design, right?

1. Cold water we know is denser for the lack of kinetic energy and lose of heat and hence goes below the surface water while the hotter water (H20) goes to the surface and ready for evaporation. Is this rational to you?

2. Ok, please tell me the reason/rationale for the anomalouse character of water.

3. And tell me the impact of the lack of such property of water to living things in the sea.

4. Tell me the reason that matter should attain such characteristic for the benefit of things if any? (deviation)

5. Does matter have BRAIN(mind)?

6. If matter does not have brain, what and how did that process came about?

Please explain, am waiting.

(any other atheist can help him).
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 9:23am On Jan 21, 2013
wirinet:

ha ha ha. Wise guy.

Please answer the question above. ^^^
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 9:25am On Jan 21, 2013
davidylan:

My question is very clear. Your responses are an example of hindsight being 20/20. So we ALREADY KNOW that water freezes... but my question goes way beyond... why did nature come up with precise laws to allow the freezing of water? What was the point of water in the first place and why does it freeze?

Those questions are asked based on the backdrop of the atheist position that claims the earth and human existence are mere purposeless accidents of nature.

bros, it is time for all the atheist to come forward and show if their brain is functioning well by answering the questions above.

If they cannot answer the above questions, it then means that that "their" Psalms is spot on.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2013
still waiting for answers.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
what is the anomalouse characteristic of water?

In a simple term:

it is the process that coldest water(ice) instead of following the rational convention of cold water staying at the bottom part it reverses the process and the cold water(ice) goes to the surface.

That is why we have ice on the surface of water instead of staying under as rational convention of matter dictate and as the initial process was.

The question is Why?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by wirinet(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
truthislight:

wise guy wanna be?

I suppose you are saying it ant an intelligent design, right?

1. Cold water we know is denser for the lack of kinetic energy and lose of heat and hence goes below the surface water while the hotter water (H20) goes to the surface and ready for evaporation. Is this rational to you?

2. Ok, please tell me the reason/rationale for the anomalouse character of water.

3. And tell me the impact of the lack of such property of water to living things in the sea.

4. Tell me the reason that matter should attain such characteristic for the benefit of things if any? (deviation)

5. Does matter have BRAIN(mind)?

6. If matter does not have brain, what and how did that process came about?

Please explain, am waiting.

(any other atheist can help him).

Wonderment. There is nothing we will not heart from Christian theists. So the freezing of water is now evidence of intelligent design?

1. My friend you need to go back to school (probably SS2) to learn basic physics or chemistry. Because you do not understand a think about freezing characteristics of water.

Yes, cold water is denser than warmer water and thus sink below the warmer water; but there is a caveat, at 4'C the situation begins to reverse, so that water colder than 4'C begins to expand as a result of hydrogen bonding. This makes water at 4'C less dense (lighter) than water at 5'C, and therefore floats on warmer water.

At 0'C water (ice) is almost 9% lighter than water at say 1'C. That is why ice floats on water.

2. Water exhibits this property because at 4'C positively charged hydrogen atoms begins to repel the negatively charged oxygen atoms, It is the nature of hydrogen bonding.

3. It is this unique property of water that allows ice to form an insulating layer over seas and oceans thereby not allowing the seas to freeze up, making it possible for fishes and other living things to survive in frozen oceans and waters.

Honestly, the governments needs to declare a state of emergency in science education in Nigeria. This will reduce the high level of superstition and religiously in the country. It is unbelievable that the freezing of water is now attributed to God. I wonder what they would attribute the caurse of mental illness, Satan?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^
No one is questioning the mechanics , rather we are debating on the source and design of this process.

This process which you described is not a random happening , only those who are confused and intentionally dishonest will refute the truth about it's source.

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
wirinet:

Wonderment. There is nothing we will not heart from Christian theists. So the freezing of water is now evidence of intelligent design?

1. My friend you need to go back to school (probably SS2) to learn basic physics or chemistry. Because you do not understand a think about freezing characteristics of water.

Yes, cold water is denser than warmer water and thus sink below the warmer water; but there is a caveat, at 4'C the situation begins to reverse, so that water colder than 4'C begins to expand as a result of hydrogen bonding. This makes water at 4'C less dense (lighter) than water at 5'C, and therefore floats on warmer water.

At 0'C water (ice) is almost 9% lighter than water at say 1'C. That is why ice floats on water.

2. Water exhibits this property because at 4'C positively charged hydrogen atoms begins to repel the negatively charged oxygen atoms, It is the nature of hydrogen bonding.

3. It is this unique property of water that allows ice to form an insulating layer over seas and oceans thereby not allowing the seas to freeze up, making it possible for fishes and other living things to survive in frozen oceans and waters.

Honestly, the governments needs to declare a state of emergency in science education in Nigeria. This will reduce the high level of superstition and religiously in the country. It is unbelievable that the freezing of water is now attributed to God. I wonder what they would attribute the caurse of mental illness, Satan?

apart from your "irrational" rant, it is obvious that you have answered your self.

Matter is either intelligent or it is not intelligent.

We have living things in water, without this characteristic of water and the water becomes ice, i wander what will become of the fishes and living things therein.

No need to west my time. It is either it came by chance or it was designed.

Atheism = irrationality. QED
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
frosbel: ^^
No one is questioning the mechanics , rather we are debating on the source and design of this process.

This process which you described is not a random happening , only those who are confused and intentionally dishonest will refute the truth about it's source.
^^^
you have just stated the truth my friend.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
truthislight:

apart from your "irrational" rant, it is obvious that you have answered your self.

Matter is either intelligent or it is not intelligent.

We have living things in water, without this characteristic of water and the water becomes ice, i wander what will become of the fishes and living things therein.

No need to west my time. It is either it came by chance or it was designed.

Atheism = irrationality. QED

BUT if water has no behaviour, how then can it be identified as water?! Behaviour is inextricably rooted to identity!

I will show you how shallow your purpose arguments are. Take your God for example, does he have a purpose? No because he deemed to have no creator DESPITE being responsible theoretically for everything!

An assumption of purpose isn't necessary
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
frosbel: ^^

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 4:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
davidylan:

My question is very clear. Your responses are an example of hindsight being 20/20. So we ALREADY KNOW that water freezes... but my question goes way beyond... why did nature come up with precise laws to allow the freezing of water?

This line of thought commits the fallacy of reifcation. You're using the word "nature" to refer to nature as if it were a conscious agent with volition as humans are.

davidylan:
What was the point of water in the first place and why does it freeze?

Why should water have a point in the human sense?

davidylan:

Do you wish to assign purpose to human existence and nature? If you want to do this, what makes you think you're qualified to do this?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
thehomer:

This line of thought commits the fallacy of reifcation. You're using the word "nature" to refer to nature as if it were a conscious agent with volition as humans are.

How you can note this and not see that the concept of natural selection equally fails on that account (ie of reification). Nature, as you rightly noted, lacks volition and can't be said to select any characteristic anywhere, anyhow.

thehomer: Do you wish to assign purpose to human existence and nature? If you want to do this, what makes you think you're qualified to do this?

Simply the fact that he has the intelligence required to do such.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

How you can note this and not see that the concept of natural selection equally fails on that account (ie of reification). Nature, as you rightly noted, lacks volition and can't be said to select any characteristic anywhere, anyhow.

And I've told you before that "natural selection" is a phrase with a specific meaning. It doesn't mean that Nature selects. I've told you and others on this forum that a phrase can have a meaning different from the words that make it up.

Uyi Iredia:
Simply the fact that he has the intelligence required to do such.

How about you. Can you tell us the purpose for human existence and nature?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
thehomer:

And I've told you before that "natural selection" is a phrase with a specific meaning. It doesn't mean that Nature selects. I've told you and others on this forum that a phrase can have a meaning different from the words that make it up.

Actually it does mean that especially when i consider what Darwin wrote in that famous opus of his. He actually substituted nature for man's power to select certain characteristics in organisms.

thehomer: How about you. Can you tell us the purpose for human existence and nature?

I can but I won't.

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 7:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Actually it does mean that especially when i consider what Darwin wrote in that famous opus of his. He actually substituted nature for man's power to select certain characteristics in organisms.

He didn't substitute it, he was drawing a comparison. Or do you think that Darwin met Nature and asked Nature to select certain organisms? Seriously, a little reading shows this basic fact.

Uyi Iredia:
I can but I won't.

And this is the usual rubbish post you make that means you're trying to be evasive but failing at it.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Stalwert: 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wow really interesting arguments made in this thread in my opinion atheists will have to launch a massive counter attack to undo the many evidence for the Irrationality of atheism, as the evidence so far proves the thread right . . . Anyway my opinion.

I move a motion that this thread be permanently stationed on the very first page of the religion section, I think we have witness a very healthy dialogue that future posters can benefit from!

Pls endorse the above motion with your support!

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
thehomer:

He didn't substitute it, he was drawing a comparison. Or do you think that Darwin met Nature and asked Nature to select certain organisms? Seriously, a little reading shows this basic fact.

He did substitute it. How can he draw a comparison between nature and humans when one has cognition and the other lacks it ?

thehomer: And this is the usual rubbish post you make that means you're trying to be evasive but failing at it.

This is you being plain foolish. You asked a question and I refused to answer it. Instead of leaving it at that you result to insults.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Stalwert: Wow really interesting arguments made in this thread in my opinion atheists will have to launch a massive counter attack to undo the many evidence for the Irrationality of atheism, as the evidence so far proves the thread right . . . Anyway my opinion.

I move a motion that this thread be permanently stationed on the very first page of the religion section, I think we have witness a very healthy dialogue that future posters can benefit from!

atheism died long ago. Those trying to wake the 'belief' are ashamed of admitting this
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

He did substitute it. How can he draw a comparison between nature and humans when one has cognition and the other lacks it ?

And this is just you being unable to overcome a language barrier. Haven't you heard of people drawing a comparison between birds and planes? Does this mean they're substituting one for the other?

Uyi Iredia:
This is you being plain foolish. You asked a question and I refused to answer it. Instead of leaving it at that you result to insults.

Why did you refuse to answer it? Are you just dumb or failing at being evasive? You claim you have the answer but refuse to present it for analysis. So I guess people should just swallow whatever rubbish you say because the great Uyi Iredia said it.

You're still suffering from the same problems that I've pointed out several times in our previous exchanges and show no signs of improvement. I may as well just wait for davidylan since the English Language is too difficult for you.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
thehomer:
And this is just you being unable to overcome a language barrier. Haven't you heard of people drawing a comparison between birds and planes? Does this mean they're substituting one for the other?

Darwin substituted Nature for man's ability to select. That much is evident from his book.

thehomer: Why did you refuse to answer it? Are you just dumb or failing at being evasive? You claim you have the answer but refuse to present it for analysis. So I guess people should just swallow whatever rubbish you say because the great Uyi Iredia said it.

You're still suffering from the same problems that I've pointed out several times in our previous exchanges and show no signs of improvement. I may as well just wait for davidylan since the English Language is too difficult for you.

You are a dunce. I reserve the right to refuse to answer a question. But of course you wouldn't know that would you since you stup1dly assert that I'm failing at being evasive.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
Stalwert: Wow really interesting arguments made in this thread in my opinion atheists will have to launch a massive counter attack to undo the many evidence for the Irrationality of atheism, as the evidence so far proves the thread right . . . Anyway my opinion.

it reminds me of one young boy that keeps asking that a certain thread of his be pested on the permanent board in front.

With such argument of his then this and others will pass for recomendation then.

On that ^^ basis, your course is support.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Darwin substituted Nature for man's ability to select. That much is evident from his book.

Go and actually read the book. Or at least read and exercise your little brain at trying to understand what he meant. Luckily, it has been summarized for dullards like you in the very first paragraph here. A little reading won't kill you.

Uyi Iredia:
You are a dunce. I reserve the right to refuse to answer a question. But of course you wouldn't know that would you since you stup1dly assert that I'm failing at being evasive.

This is why you fail at being evasive while demonstrating your gross imbecility. If you know anything about having a serious conversation, you'll know that making dumb assertions and densely failing to back them up, simply shows your incompetence.

When you've actually taken the time to read and understand elementary principles in biology (referenced above) written simple English, you can get back to me. Till then, good luck dimwit.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hey davidylan where did you go? Don't let your voice be represented by certifiable dullards.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
truthislight:

it reminds me of one young boy that keeps asking that a certain thread of his be pested on the permanent board in front.

With such argument of his then this and others will pass for recomendation then.

On that ^^ basis, your course is support.
act of seeking relevance where none can be found.

threads are sticked on merit and not based on passion or personal bias.

Smh for atheist and their obsession for God, Christians and Religion.

You'll surely find them where the above mentioned subject is being discussed.

truly irrationality of atheists

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 12:49am On Jan 24, 2013
Kay 17:

Because no justification yet
Lol, can't you see the problem? Teleology is the view that there must be a purpose or reason for everything.
By asking why we must presume a reason, you have already presumed that there must be a reason for it.
So to turn your question back on you; Why did you presume teleology?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 7:39am On Jan 24, 2013
Not reason but end purpose. Teleology is not justification.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 7:54am On Jan 24, 2013
Kay 17: Not reason but end purpose. Teleology is not justification.
Lol, I don't see how one can logically justify anything or even investigate anything if one doesn't first presume that there must be a reason/purpose behind it. . . . and if everything has it's reason/purpose, it follows that there must be a ultimate end purpose for everything.

Perhaps you mean something else when you talk about teleology. Would you care to explain?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Do People Deny Power Of God? / Church Attendance (most Recent) By Country / Restitution: A Bitter Pill To Swallow!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.