Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church (15236 Views)

Poll: The idea of distributing condoms in church is:

Somewhat Sensible: 28% (25 votes)
Completely Ridiculous: 71% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Watchtower And Awake: The Most Distributed Magazines In The World / Prophet Detains WOMAN In A Room Whilelooking For CONDOMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by iceland(m): 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2008
There's have been a big controversy whether condoms should be distributed in the church or church should just stick to its abstinence message.

In my own opinion,I think condoms should be allowed and should be preached by pastors along side with abstinence.  It should be a two way thing.  Since we all know that abstinence is what majority of the world can't practice and the number of people living with H.I.V/A.I.D.S is growing everyday peculiarly in Africa.

Since the sole responsibility of the pastor is to save souls and people die everyday of H.I.V/A.I.D.S because they can't abstain, don't you think condoms should be infix so that in lieu of people dying of H.I.V/A.I.D.S,they wont, they would use condoms because abstinence is the thing of the spirit and live longer at the same time reduce the numbers of people with H.I.V/A.I.D.S.?

Please express your views. cool cool cool
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Encomium(m): 7:24pm On Feb 28, 2008
It is an evil idea to think of distributing condom in the Church talkless of doing such evil act. I totally condenm that idea or plan totality. Abstainance is the best option of fighting HIV/AIDS and if you must give in room for flesh, a man or woman should marry. Sexual intercourse is only meant for married people and that has been the idea and instruct from the beginning of creation.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by pahtahkee: 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2008
God have mercy! shocked
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Raymond88(m): 7:52pm On Feb 28, 2008
It's been proven time and time again, abstinence doesn't work!! we all say and thing and do another. . . hypocrisy will kill us all! sad
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by adeboo(f): 8:19pm On Feb 28, 2008
I dont think the Church would agree to that because its like they would be encouraging people young people to sleep around.

I dont think it would work because its like they would be preaching a double message. Even though its obvious that abstinence doesnt work, i dont think the Church would openly admit that.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by iceland(m): 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2008
Encomium:

It is an evil idea to think of distributing condom in the Church talkless of doing such evil act. I totally condenm that idea or plan totality. Abstainance is the best option of fighting HIV/AIDS and if you must give in room for flesh, a man or woman should marry. Sexual intercourse is only meant for married people and that has been the idea and instruct from the beginning of creation.
The problem with you is that you dont want to face the reality!does the slogan "Body no be fire wood" means anythin to you? You said they should get married but where are the wives.even to bear the responsibilty of marriage no be yam!
But human body must relax and enjoy!

Raymond88:

It's been proven time and time again, abstinence doesn't work!! we all say and thing and do another. . . hypocrisy will kill us all! sad
True talk!

adeboo:

I don't think the Church would agree to that because its like they would be encouraging people young people to sleep around.

I don't think it would work because its like they would be preaching a double message. Even though its obvious that abstinence doesnt work, i don't think the Church would openly admit that.
double message as in what? the message should remain one, souls must be be saved either by abstinence or comdomisation grin grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by choco4life(m): 9:13pm On Feb 28, 2008
Guy, i think the church should be a place where abstinence is preached, dont u think distributing condoms there would send the wrong message?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by adeboo(f): 9:14pm On Feb 28, 2008
What i mean is that they would be preaching for the young ones or everyone to abstain and on the other hand, handing out condoms - thats what i mean.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by LadyT(f): 9:16pm On Feb 28, 2008
God save us. The world has gone sex mad. Sex is not the be all and end all. I think the Church should preach on that not dish out rubbers!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by holythug(m): 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2008
preach abstainance & still hand out condoms, na wa o
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by gud9ija(m): 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2008
@poster
guy i dont think it is a good idea
fornication will be the order of the day if condom is preached in church.
Or are you a MUSLEM Brother?!
You neva share condoms, Choir members dey impregnate demsefs,
4get it.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by holythug(m): 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2008
na wa o
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by tommyex(m): 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2008
It shouldnt be distributed at all,I see no reason to that.

Sounds unchristlike to me anyway as it will encourage the already 70%wayward Choir members(most of them anyway)
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by iceland(m): 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2008
choco4life:

Guy, i think the church should be a place where abstinence is preached, don't u think distributing condoms there would send the wrong message?
But not preachin condoms too would send people to hell faster! cos so many death would be as a result of AIDS
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Scarlett(f): 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2008
We all know condoms hardly solve the problems we have
Why should it then be distributed in church? Wont the church contradict itself
Abstinence is the best cure for unwanted pregnancies and various STDs,>AIDS

@Poster, you really have to think about this issue and dont just post what you like
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by software(m): 10:50pm On Feb 28, 2008
@ post

INSULT UPON INJURY, ABOMINATION, NA WHO WON TURN GOD HOUSE INTO ASHI HOUSE?
PLS THE HOUSE OF GOD SHOULD BE KEPT SCARED, grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by iceland(m): 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2008
what we should have in mind is with all the preaching about  how bad fornication is we still choir members sleeping with one another.so,Abstinence as it is does not really go down well with a lot of church members so,do u think they should be left to perish with AIDS?No! one of the mojor responsibilty of church is to save lives.When people find it hard to listen to a pastor preaching abstinence they still consider condoms cos then it's gonna be an option.and alot of souls will be saved
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 29, 2008
I wonder why you think since the church preaches abstinence, the congregation don't know what condoms are. Do you think that church people are so naive and secluded from the outside world and they do not know what condoms are used for? We hear of condoms almost everyday, only a foolish irresponsible person would have unprotected sex whether church goer or not.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by iceland(m): 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2008
stillwater:

I wonder why you think since the church preaches abstinence, the congregation don't know what condoms are. Do you think that church people are so naive and secluded from the outside world and they do not know what condoms are used for? We hear of condoms almost everyday, only a foolish irresponsible person would have unprotected sex whether church goer or not.
Like everybody knows fornication is bad,stealing is a sin and adultery is against God's law but they still do it.Should the pastor stop preaching about this things?
ponder on that please!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by tosinadeda: 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2008
is the pastor or the church meant to preach what the people want to hear or wut God wants them to preach?
remember the bible governs the church and according to the bible that governs the church, it is stated clearly that fornication and adultery are sins, it even goes ahead to say that lustful looking is as good as commiting the act.

u cant tell me that cos people who go to church now commit fornication,that it should now be part of the message of the church to preach condoms!!!!!! it dsnt make sense. the church is not for the people, its owned by God and we av to abide by his rules and regulations no matter how hard it seems
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by iceland(m): 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2008
tosinadeda:

is the pastor or the church meant to preach what the people want to hear or what God wants them to preach?
remember the bible governs the church and according to the bible that governs the church, it is stated clearly that fornication and adultery are sins, it even goes ahead to say that lustful looking is as good as commiting the act.

u can't tell me that because people who go to church now commit fornication,that it should now be part of the message of the church to preach condoms!!!!!! it dsnt make sense. the church is not for the people, its owned by God and we av to abide by his rules and regulations no matter how hard it seems
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by tosinadeda: 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2008
wut peeps seem to forget is that the church is owned by God not man, so it has to be run by the rules of God.
dnt forget we will all be judged by God and not man, so wut do u think? that he will judge us by the laws of men?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by ty4real(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2008
@Poster!

You got the whole concept ofChurch all missed for rereal, its good enough Church is already preaching Abstinence,to now begin to distribute condome, haannnn, u no fear God ooo! shocked :oI guess you will be the one standing at the end of each service giving it out right! I can bet you no one will even dare come to ur side even with the level hypocrisy being shown by som epple in the church!You willl be atgged a sex pervert even though the same pple pointing fingers at you are using it live and direct!
I dont agree to giving it out in the church except if you will volunteer yourself frist and come back and tell us peoples reaction towards u grin grin grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by uspry1(f): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2008
Preach abstinence or condom distributed at churches DOES NOT WORK!  undecided

I prefer for MOST CHURCHES have their own either electronic visual projection screen or large poster flip-chart stand accessible showing grotesque graphically real pictures of all patients including their private parts who are HIV/AID, gonorrhea/syphillis, STD, include infected yellowish pus, busted sore opening privates, goes on!!! It was worked at all public schools at my time early 1980s long before the USA sex education went BANNED!!!

I really mean it---REAL DISGUSTED to see it REAL PATIENTS with those all kinds of diseases---that make several students at school assembly RUNNING OUT vomitting in bathrooms.  embarassed

I was the last group back 1980s saw everything---i will never forget. I limited whom I dated with all my life, not want multiple partners! I have my rights asking my man about his past relationship in order to protect my life!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2008
iceland:

Like everybody knows fornication is bad,stealing is a sin and adultery is against God's law but they still do it.Should the pastor stop preaching about this things?
ponder on that please!

Ponder on what? I wonder what was written in my earlier post that issued this reply. Anyway, the church is not there to babysit people. It preaches, but the choice is yours. If you are old enough to be having premarital sex (with all the advertisement of condoms out there on TV, billboards, etc) you ought to be responsible enough to use condoms.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by ifyalways(f): 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2008
tommyex:

It shouldnt be distributed at all,I see no reason to that.

Sounds unchristlike to me anyway as it will encourage the already 70%wayward Choir members(most of them anyway)
lmao

@topic,No its not right for a church to start distributing condoms.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Delta007(m): 12:34am On Mar 02, 2008
Why cant the peeps interested in playing around buy condoms for themselves or is it now a regulated commodity? undecided
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 02, 2008
Miserable xtians!

I pity you all!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Scarlett(f): 1:01am On Mar 02, 2008
This reminds me of why Bibles should be distributed in Clubs
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by tpia: 2:18am On Mar 02, 2008
should machine guns also be distributed in church in case some people there decide to be armed robbers?

Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 02, 2008
lord have mercy on u guys
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2008
tpia:

should machine guns also be distributed in church in case some people there decide to be armed robbers?

How stupid are you?

How can you compare an instrument of prevention to a weapon of destruction?

Soemtimes I dey wonder if una get head sef! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? / Should A Christian Restitute? / Homosexuality: One Of The Fastest Ways To Get To Hell Fire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.