Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? (18404 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Goldenheart(m): 11:31am On Jan 27, 2013
Get your tatoo ERASER at ..... cheaper rate
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by born2boink(m): 11:49am On Jan 27, 2013
Joagbaje:
As much as I see tattoo as not decent . It's a matter of choice what decoration you put on your body .The bible is not against tattoo. God is not against tattoo. Do don't feel condemn by nothing.
Leviticus 19 vs 28 "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD.

If the fact that bible never mention smoking does not mean smoking will make heaven but tattoo was mention in the bible
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by alphaconde(m): 11:51am On Jan 27, 2013
In the first place what did u do a tattoo for guess u are regretting it
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Libkid(m): 12:03pm On Jan 27, 2013
Can sumone show me where in d bible where they say dat tatoo can lead sumone to hell cos many ppl have told me dat bt they gat no prove to show to me
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by eriegua83: 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
According to u nd ur quotations people with tribal marks will go to hell fire. Pls tell us something else, people with tatoo will make heaven ahead of u because dey re not hypocrites
Ayomivic: Can you imagine what the world is turning into ?I can't believe that christians too,whom our lord Jesus warns to be wise as a serpents and be harmless like dove can fall too to the tricks of Satan by supporting things like this.
You will hear some call christian saying perming is not bad, nothing wrong with christian ladies that wear trouser, nothing wrong with tattoo. They don't want to listen to God but they want God to accept everything they do. They want What they feel to be right to be what the Bible says or agreed upon,you can never see them quote the verse of scripture to back their sentiment.

Let me ask all of you that did not see what is wrong in tattooing ones body this quetions. Why would someone wants to tattoo his or her body, To fascinate God or to fascinate man?
The Bible say "the friendship of the world is enmity of God.Whosoever therefore will be friend of world is the enemy of God (James4:4-5)"

If you say tattooing ones body is not a sin, does tattoo make ones look like sons and daughter of most high God?

Whereas, the Bible says in Leviticus 19:28 that "Ye shall not make any cutting in your flesh for the dead not print any marks upon you. Iam the Lord "

let us becareful of what we will post because many people are reading it. What we are posting here can save lives and it can ruin lives if the care is not taken.

2 Likes

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
I mean every unrighteousness is a sin before God but not all sins lead to hell. The Bible is expressly clear on this, I'm sure u know this.

My brother, there is no half sin or full sin, cos sin is sin, and 'ALL SINNERS SHALL DIE'.

@OP, tattoo is a sin against GOD, for it is seen as a mark of the anti-christ, and whomever have such marks cannot enter heaven. So think of what to do about that tatto of urs.

For all those anticipating tatooing any part of your body in future, remember YE that u can never enter heaven, except u think there is a better place for you, which i'm sure there isn't.

Tatooing is of the devil....steer clear
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by angrybutsane(f): 12:15pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ghettoguru: The bible says God is love but I keep wondering if that is entirely correct seeing as some verses condemned things like tattooing one's body. Also, I had gone through some topics about christian views on tattoos here on nairaland and some christians seem to be 100% sure & even comfortable with the idea that anyone who tattooed his or her body is a sinner and should be thrown in hell on the judgement day.

I have a few tattoos, does that mean I and others like me are already condemned and our prayers & worships are useless? If that's true, then, is there any need worshipping a God that will end up throwing us in hell for tattooing our bodies?

If God is going to throw us all in hell for some of these reasons, where is the love? If the good things we do wouldn't be remembered because of mere tattoos, then where is the love? Is God truly love?

I'd like to know your views. Thanks.

See. Be very careful of what u are reading on this forum..people read the bible is different ways..the thing..pray and read the bible..if you need guidance..please consult a pastor who can give u verses to read..my dear all sins lead to hell, once you are called to stand before God..you would be held accountable for what ever you have done..no excuses..no sin is not forgivable..nothin is permanent..God love for us is everlastin..
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by jmoore(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
born2fuck: Leviticus 19 vs 28 "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD.

If the fact that bible never mention smoking does not mean smoking will make heaven but tattoo was mention in the bible
"tattoo" is included in recent versions of the bible , the older versions said "marks and cuts" which is general. How can tribal mark be a sin? how can a drawing with a pencil on your body be a sin? You should wake up from your old testament mentality.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by eriegua83: 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
Did JESUS own exotic cars, private jets, gigantic properties eg school built with members or disciples sweat nd money nd later charge exorbitant fees, designers clothes. And more than 95% of nig pastors are guilty of the aforementioned.but they re our GO's
honey001: Ask yourself this simple question, will Jesus tattoo his body, or do u read in any place that he Jesus had tattoos? Actually, there is no single that God cannot forgive once u realised ur sinful state and come to him in true repentance, becos the Bible says the time of ignorance God winked at and it's calling all men to come to repentance. It's assumed you are ignorant of the word of God while having ur tattoo on, but immediately u come to the Lord for forgiveness of ur sins sincerely, God will surely forgive u, if the tattoos can be cleaned, go ahead and clean it, but if not, leave it, just continue living a holy life as dat is the only thing that guarantee making heaven.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by rapcy(m): 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ayomivic: Can you imagine what the world is turning into ?I can't believe that christians too,whom our lord Jesus warns to be wise as a serpents and be harmless like dove can fall too to the tricks of Satan by supporting things like this.
You will hear some call christian saying perming is not bad, nothing wrong with christian ladies that wear trouser, nothing wrong with tattoo. They don't want to listen to God but they want God to accept everything they do. They want What they feel to be right to be what the Bible says or agreed upon,you can never see them quote the verse of scripture to back their sentiment.

Let me ask all of you that did not see what is wrong in tattooing ones body this quetions. Why would someone wants to tattoo his or her body, To fascinate God or to fascinate man?
The Bible say "the friendship of the world is enmity of God.Whosoever therefore will be friend of world is the enemy of God (James4:4-5)"

If you say tattooing ones body is not a sin, does tattoo make ones look like sons and daughter of most high God?

Whereas, the Bible says in Leviticus 19:28 that "Ye shall not make any cutting in your flesh for the dead not print any marks upon you. Iam the Lord "

let us becareful of what we will post because many people are reading it. What we are posting here can save lives and it can ruin lives if the care is not taken.
God bless You...
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by FXKing2012(m): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
eriegua83: Did JESUS own exotic cars, private jets, gigantic properties eg school built with members or disciples sweat nd money nd later charge exorbitant fees, designers clothes. And more than 95% of nig pastors are guilty of the aforementioned.but they re our GO's
Jesus wore the best of clothing at the time. There is nothing wrong in appearing good and respectable.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by rapcy(m): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
jmoore:
"tattoo" is included in recent versions of the bible , the older versions said "marks and cuts" which is general. How can tribal mark be a sin? how can a drawing with a pencil on your body be a sin? You should wake up from your old testament mentality.
God is thesame 2day n 4ever... Whatever He says He neva CHaNGe... weda new or old testament.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by born2boink(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
jmoore:
You are not serious at all.....where is the 10 commandment extracted, so smoking is not a sin?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by juleze(f): 12:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ghettoguru: Thanks guys for your inputs.

@Willzkid, my tattoos are permanent, so I guess there nothing I can do now!

@Ayomivic, you said it's a sin, does that mean it's unforgivable? If God in his infinite wisdom and mercy will not forgive me for ignorantly putting on tattoos but throw me in hell to suffer for eternity, then where is the love of God that Christianity preaches about?

God knows if it's within your means to erase it. For example, if you stole something from someone and you hold onto it, God knows it's within your means to return it or apologise.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by larride(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
The bible clealy states that all unrightouesness is a sin and sin is an abomination unto God. We have all done some things before in the past but once we are in Christ and giving our life to him completely, he forgives us and we are just like him. Apostle Paul says that what entered into the man doesn't defileth him but that which comes out of him. We are no more in bondages of the Law because Christ has given his life for us and paid the ransom on our behalf. Jesus didn't come to destroy the Law but to perfect it. Let us be conscious of what we do with our body, our actions and in-actions. Apostle Paul says that everyday after preaching, I still look at myself and see maybe I'm still in christ. Let us all do soul-searching and always check ourselves maybe we are still in Christ. You got the tattoo in ignorance or for fashion or anything but since you have given your life to Christ, there's no condemnation for you anymore.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by jmoore(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
rapcy: God is thesame 2day n 4ever... Whatever He says He neva CHaNGe... weda new or old testament.
Do you know how many kinds of food were forbidden in the old testament? Many, yet in the new testament God told Peter "Arise kill and eat". Peter told him he cant eat what is unclean because they were forbidden in the old testament but God told him never to call what he created unclean.
Animal sacrifice was allowed in the old testament but animal sacrifice is not needed today. You need a knowledge of new testament and old testament to understand God's word. What defiles us is not what we wear, not what we eat, not what we write on our body.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
larride: The bible clealy states that all unrightouesness is a sin and sin is an abomination unto God. We have all done some things before in the past but once we are in Christ and giving our life to him completely, he forgives us and we are just like him. Apostle Paul says that what entered into the man doesn't defileth him but that which comes out of him. We are no more in bondages of the Law because Christ has given his life for us and paid the ransom on our behalf. Jesus didn't come to destroy the Law but to perfect it. Let us be conscious of what we do with our body, our actions and in-actions. Apostle Paul says that everyday after preaching, I still look at myself and see maybe I'm still in christ. Let us all do soul-searching and always check ourselves maybe we are still in Christ. You got the tattoo in ignorance or for fashion or anything but since you have given your life to Christ, there's no condemnation for you anymore.

Thanks bros! God bless!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Slamantinz: 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
I really appreciate wat you all have said over this particular issue, now I will be directing my questions to those pple that are againt d tattoo..hw can you convince me that if not for the fear of going to hell yo wunt wear a tattoo on your forehead? Thou I av none
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by larride(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ghettoguru:

Thanks bros! God bless!

You too bro
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by omiobo: 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
OP,GOD IS LOVE. Don't blame God for your ignorance. In the first place,you have defiled the temple of God. Don't you know our body is the temple of God? Our God is a merciful God. He said He will have mercy on who He pleases. So it is not right for anybody to judge and condemn anybody. My brother,pray for His grace and mercy,and genuinely surrender life to God.
Never mind because you maybe not be allowed to partake in the church activities. All you need to do is develop a personal relationship with God and serve him in whichever way He has put in your mind.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by eriegua83: 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
Pls verses to convince me. What about Jets nd exortic cars.
FXKing2012:
Jesus wore the best of clothing at the time. There is nothing wrong in appearing good and respectable.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by eriegua83: 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
What about tribal marks on God's temple.
omiobo: OP,GOD IS LOVE. Don't blame God for your ignorance. In the first place,you have defiled the temple of God. Don't you know our body is the temple of God? Our God is a merciful God. He said He will have mercy on who He pleases. So it is not right for anybody to judge and condemn anybody. My brother,pray for His grace and mercy,and genuinely surrender life to God.
Never mind because you maybe not be allowed to partake in the church activities. All you need to do is develop a personal relationship with God and serve him in whichever way he has put in your mind.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by belovedaja(m): 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
Yes u wil go to hell
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by born2boink(m): 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
belovedaja: Yes u wil go to hell
he will even rotten in hell
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by skyhighweb(m): 1:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
Joagbaje:
As much as I see tattoo as not decent . It's a matter of choice what decoration you put on your body .The bible is not against tattoo. God is not against tattoo. Do don't feel condemn by nothing.
Leviticus 19:28
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
God's love surpasses human understanding and Jesus said He came to earth for the unrighteous. God loves you regardless of who you were before u accepted God as your saviour. When he forgives, old things have passed away. You are beautiful in the sight of God. You just have to believe you've been forgiven and saved. Believe.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by skyhighweb(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2013
Leviticus 19:28
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by HoneyPrincess(f): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2013
[quote author=Joagbaje]

Ur are wrong, it is bad, God hates it and yes its in the Bible, lev 19 vs 28 good news bible to be precise
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by cold(m): 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2013
Goodness gracious! What am i reading? Religious freaks strewn all over the place. See why i never regret giving up on religion one bit.@op,though i'm not a fan of tatoos but whatever rocks your boat jare. Religion is a fraud,God is a myth,your clergy is a con & there's no such place as heaven & hell. Just a load of croc!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2013
omiobo: OP,GOD IS LOVE. Don't blame God for your ignorance. In the first place,you have defiled the temple of God. Don't you know our body is the temple of God? Our God is a merciful God. He said He will have mercy on who He pleases. So it is not right for anybody to judge and condemn anybody. My brother,pray for His grace and mercy,and genuinely surrender life to God.
Never mind because you maybe not be allowed to partake in the church activities. All you need to do is develop a personal relationship with God and serve him in whichever way He has put in your mind.

Thank you!

Rawdeal: God's love surpasses human understanding and Jesus said He came to earth for the unrighteous. God loves you regardless of who you were before u accepted God as your saviour. When he forgives, old things have passed away. You are beautiful in the sight of God. You just have to believe you've been forgiven and saved. Believe.

Thanks, much appreciated!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by fittty(m): 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG / Mildred Okonkwo: You Can't Be Angry At Pastors Flying Jets / Same-Sex Marriage: Catholic Teaching Doesn’t Change – Bishops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.