Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,823 members, 7,798,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? (12389 Views)

What Was Budgeted For The Federal Ministry Of Interior #saatahbudgetseries / Presidency To Spend N114m On Feeding In 2016 – Document / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
The federal govt was criticised last year for budgeting N1billion for feeding at the Villa. In response to criticisms, the federal govt later reduced the budget marginally to a little over N800million, but that was still too little in the eyes of many.

For the year 2013, the federal govt had proposed a budget of about N1.3billion for feeding and miscellaneous expenses in the State House. This provision was widely reported and one of such reports is reproduced below:

...The Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs were told yesterday that a whopping N1, 305, 292, 050 billion had been set aside in the 2013 budget for refreshment, meals and other miscellaneous expenses in the State House.....A breakdown of the miscellaneous expenses in the budget proposal showed that the sum of N203, 753m was allocated for refreshment and meals, N107,413m for honorarium and sitting allowances while N37,277,825 was budgeted for publicity and advertisement.

Others include medical expenses of N50.308m; postage and courier services would gulp N10, 035,583m, welfare packages were allotted N195.066m; subscription to professional bodies got N4,589,793m and sporting activities, which was given N32,910,730.

Overtime was also allocation the sum of N250,455,589 while feeding of animals including animal supplements for the veterinary clinic got N30,584m s, Summit/ Extra ordinary sessions, including the UN, African Union, ECOWAS, etc, has N228,112,862 while NYSC, IT, LOCUM, housemanship and contract staff allowance has N144,788,555......

The State House Permanent Secretary, Emmanuel Ogbile, who defended the budget told the lawmakers that the amount was inadequate......saying: "I have taken pains to explain that this money is not just to fund the residence of the President and that of the Vice President. The experience I have had is that this fund is grossly insufficient. It's not even enough."

He further explained that out of the N1.305 billion, "The Federal Executive Council (FEC) holds every Wednesday and we take care of them through this budget", he said.

Nonetheless, he listed other expenses that fall within the refreshment and meals vote to include National Economic Council(NEC), Council of States, conferences in the Banquet Hall, presidential retreats, National Merit Award, Children's Day, hosting of dignitaries, and so on....

http://allafrica.com/stories/201211210241.html

It is very proper for every Nigerian to demand TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY at the federal level but this demand should not be limited to the federal govt.

The state govts collects and disburses about 50% (for the state and local govts, thru state-local govt joint accounts) of the national purse.

Therefore any demand for TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY that exempts the state governors will not yield desired results.

Consequently, we also want to KNOW what the Lagos state govt and by extension other state governors, budgeted for feeding (or FOOD) in 2013.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by seanet01: 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The federal govt was criticised last year for budgeting N1billion for feeding at the Villa. In response to criticisms, the federal govt later reduced the budget marginally to a little over N800million, but that was still too little in the eyes of many.

For the year 2013, the federal govt had proposed a budget of about N1.3billion for feeding and miscellaneous expenses in the State House. This provision was widely reported and one of such reports is reproduced below:

...The Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs were told yesterday that a whopping N1, 305, 292, 050 billion had been set aside in the 2013 budget for refreshment, meals and other miscellaneous expenses in the State House.....A breakdown of the miscellaneous expenses in the budget proposal showed that the sum of N203, 753m was allocated for refreshment and meals, N107,413m for honorarium and sitting allowances while N37,277,825 was budgeted for publicity and advertisement.

Others include medical expenses of N50.308m; postage and courier services would gulp N10, 035,583m, welfare packages were allotted N195.066m; subscription to professional bodies got N4,589,793m and sporting activities, which was given N32,910,730.

Overtime was also allocation the sum of N250,455,589 while feeding of animals including animal supplements for the veterinary clinic got N30,584m s, Summit/ Extra ordinary sessions, including the UN, African Union, ECOWAS, etc, has N228,112,862 while NYSC, IT, LOCUM, housemanship and contract staff allowance has N144,788,555......

The State House Permanent Secretary, Emmanuel Ogbile, who defended the budget told the lawmakers that the amount was inadequate......saying: "I have taken pains to explain that this money is not just to fund the residence of the President and that of the Vice President. The experience I have had is that this fund is grossly insufficient. It's not even enough."

He further explained that out of the N1.305 billion, "The Federal Executive Council (FEC) holds every Wednesday and we take care of them through this budget", he said.

Nonetheless, he listed other expenses that fall within the refreshment and meals vote to include National Economic Council(NEC), Council of States, conferences in the Banquet Hall, presidential retreats, National Merit Award, Children's Day, hosting of dignitaries, and so on....

It is very proper for every Nigerian to demand TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY at the federal level but this demand should not be limited to the federal govt.

The state govts collects and disburses about 50% (for the state and local govts, thru state-local govt joint accounts) of the national purse.

Therefore any demand for TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY that exempts the state governors will not yield desired results.

Consequently, we also want to KNOW what the Lagos state govt and by extension other state governors, budgeted for feeding (or FOOD) in 2013.
First go to your Gully erosion pervaded east and ask them how much their mummy governors are using to feed their kidnappers every year.
Lagosphobia is truly your problem

24 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by GARRIx7(m): 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The federal govt was criticised last year for budgeting N1billion for feeding at the Villa. In response to criticisms, the federal govt later reduced the budget marginally to a little over N800million, but that was still too little in the eyes of many.

Ok...
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by kingingkinging: 4:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
Pls let us know the budgets of all the Eastern states for feeding then you can demand for Lagos' own.

Biko.

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
Good question. Kindly report to Alausa and invoke the FOI law which the retardeen signed. Asking on NL is not the right way to go. Am sure Fashola will humbly tell u grin

3 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by ba7man(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2013
@ OP. What's your obsession with Lagos State??...Why don't you stick to creating threads on Jonathan's acheivements...you were begining to appear reasonable with the "Nigerian Railway revival" thread until i came across this one.

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by takedat(m): 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
In as much as I know the @Op to be a half-wit, I am also interested in knowing the amount state government's appropriate for feeding allowance and others. State governments should show transparency in the breakdown of their budgets!

5 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
for where. Dem no go talk am o
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
grin
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by blacksta(m): 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
faulty_9igerian has simply gone on the offensive - rather than wait on his own threads to be attacked thus forever defending the indefensible
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Jerie(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
OP, from licking GEJ's b.u.t.t.hole, you're now sniffing Fashola's a/s/s? Man, ur intestines must b rottten by now.

6 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by holyvirgin: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
Jerie: OP, from licking GEJ's b.u.t.t.hole, you're now sniffing Fashola's a/s/s? Man, ur intestines must b rottten by now.
Hey easy bro, is a sincere question coming from a sincere 9gerian.
We just want to know, since we all know how much the federal government budgeted for feeding in 2013. Or do you know something we don't know? If no why body dey scratch you? Park well
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by naptu2: 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
Why would Lagos House need a food budget? I don't recall the Lagos State Governor hosting any visiting head of state or state governor to a state banquet (the reason why there's a food budget at Aso Rock), indeed there's no banquet hall at Lagos House Marina.

I've searched through all the links I can find and I've never seen or heard of a publicly funded food budget for Lagos House.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=1

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/article/lagos-sound-government-sensible-budget

Op can you provide proof of the existence of this food budget? I'd really like to learn about it.

5 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
naptu2: Why would Lagos House need a food budget? I don't recall the Lagos State Governor hosting any visiting head of state or state governor to a state banquet (the reason why there's a food budget at Aso Rock), indeed there's no banquet hall at Lagos House Marina.

I've searched through all the links I can find and I've never seen or heard of a publicly funded food budget for Lagos House.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=1

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/article/lagos-sound-government-sensible-budget

Op can you provide proof of the existence of this food budget? I'd really like to learn about it.
It is unacceptable not to know. We have the right to know.

This is a season of ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY. Every level of govt must be held accountable by the citizens.

Lagos state govt should come clean on what it spends on feeding because every state govt has a budget for feeding.

5 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by AK481(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
Patiently watching in 3D for it to get to the front page..#the vulture is a patient bird#

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
Jerie: OP, from licking GEJ's b.u.t.t.hole, you're now sniffing Fashola's a/s/s? Man, ur intestines must b rottten by now.
These silly comments cannot stop Lagosians or by extension Nigerians from asking the right questions.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by naptu2: 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It is unacceptable not to know. We have the right to know.

This is a season of ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY. Every level of govt must be held accountable by the citizens.

Lagos state govt should come clean on what it spends on feeding because every state govt has a budget for feeding.

You see, I'm quite intrigued by this. You've just said it again. . . ."Every state has a budget for feeding". Can you provide proof of this? Or is it an assumption?

I usually follow the budget presentation/debate and I've never heard of a food budget for Lagos House. I can understand why Aso Rock has a food budget. . . .state banquets are usually held for visiting heads of state and you can't expect the president to fund that from his salary...but I've never heard of a state banquet at Lagos House, neither have I heard of a publicly funded food budget for Lagos House. I'm hearing about it for the first time from you.

There's a maxim in law. . . . "semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit" meaning "he who asserts must prove". You've asserted that there is a publicly funded food budget. . . Do you have proof of this? I would really like to see it.

10 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by naptu2: 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
In fact I'm going to petition the mods to put this on the front page. I'd really like to learn about this publicly funded food budget.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
naptu2: In fact I'm going to petition the mods to put this on the front page. I'd really like to learn about this publicly funded food budget.
Among other things, the states also holds weekly state executive council meetings, host all sorts of guest on weekdays,etc

Note that feeding and refreshment are interchangeable.

Every state should have a budget that takes care of such refreshment. It may have been lumped together with other things but for the purpose of transparency and accountability, it has to be de-lumped, if it was previously lumped together with other budget sub-heads, and DECLARED.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by naptu2: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Among other things, the states also holds weekly state executive council meetings, host all sorts of guest on weekdays,etc

Note that feeding and refreshment are interchangeable.

Every state should have a budget that takes care of such refreshment. It may have been lumped together with other things but for the purpose of transparency and accountability, it has to be de-lumped, if it was previously lumped together with other budget sub-heads, and DECLARED.

Proof? Or is it an assumption?
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by naptu2: 6:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
I guess one of the reasons why I'm intrigued is that every time I see the Lagos State Governor receiving a guest it's always at this place. Do you see any food around?

4 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by EkoIle1: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Back to sender!

I was expecting you to do better than this. I know you have the details of what we need on this thread. Kindly provide it.

All 'Eko oni ba je' eyes on you. Dont disappoint!

Do you really think people own you anything to support your insanity?

Reterdeeen is slacking, he's not providing adequate mental healthcare and treatment for his malfunctioning LAPTOPS.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by EkoIle1: 7:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
naptu2: I guess one of the reasons why I'm intrigued is that every time I see the Lagos State Governor receiving a guest it's always at this place. Do you see any food around?

I don't see bowls of isi ewu or akpu on that table..

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
Eko Ile:

I don't see bowls of isi ewu or akpu on that table..
Did you really post this comment? I think you'r an intelligent person and should do better than this
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by naptu2: 7:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
Hopefully it'll soon get to the front page.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by EkoIle1: 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Did you really post this comment? I think you'r an intelligent person and should do better than this

Look at this mindless and virtual LAPTOP ROBOT... lmao

You run around NL everyday like a goat begging for this and that info because you are too dumb and reta/rded like your aso rock dullard to get off your lazy azzz and work for whatever dumb info you are looking for. You need other people to validate your stupidity and shameful antics on NL. Intelligence is what you don't have, it's also what your aso rock paymaster don't have hence his incompetence and daily fooleries...

One kobo worth better pass you and the rest of your village...

8 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by kunlekunle: 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2013
insincere naija
you have what psycologists call OCD
obsessive compulsive disorder especially with lagos state

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
As usual, instead of facing the topic, they attack the OP. Simple question, simple answer. All these attacks on the OP's personality is just plain childish.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by EkoIle1: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
2Legit2Qui: As usual, instead of facing the topic, they attack the OP. Simple question, simple answer. All these attacks on the OP's personality is just plain childish.

Ode, you can switch ID a million times, you are are still the same LAPTOP ROBOT.

5 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 8:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode, you can switch ID a million times, you are are still the same LAPTOP ROBOT.

With all due respect, I am of the opinion that you need urgent medical attention. Seriously. Only baboons and im.beciles and people with mental illnesses go about calling people names without reason. I tell you. Only fools attack people they dont know or see except on the internet, t is just a lack of home training and I just pity the people who gave birth to you. F.uck face. Baboon. Fashola doesnt give a hoot about you, they are there stealing money while you eediot stay on the net running your mouth with impudence. You seriously need deliverance. and if you think Fashola knows your address, or cares about you, then you are a dead meat, kaput, waiting to be buried. shio kelebe.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bomb Blast Near Emir's Palace In Yobe? / Ajimobi Flags-off Reactivation Of Oyo-ogbomosho Road Project / Nigeria's Fatima Kyari Elected As African Union Peace & Security Commissioner(pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.