Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out (1804 Views)

Pregnant Woman Climbs High Stool For Maternity Photoshoot / Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by Ndipe(m): 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2008
Pregnant woman uses train toilet, baby slips out Thu Feb 28, 11:23 AM ET

AHMEDABAD, India (Reuters) - A newborn baby girl survived an ignoble birth after slipping down the toilet bowl of a moving Indian train onto the tracks when a pregnant woman unexpectedly gave birth while relieving herself on Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

"My delivery was so sudden," said the Bhuri Kalbi, the mother of the infant, born two months prematurely. "I did not even realize that my child had slipped from the hole in the toilet."

Kalbi, a 33-year-old woman from a village in Rajasthan, fainted on the toilet seat after the birth for a few minutes before waking up and alerting her family.

"They stopped the train and ran on the tracks to find the baby," she said, speaking from her hospital bed in the western city of Ahmedabad.

Railway staff at a nearby station were alerted and soon found the newborn girl lying uninjured on pebbles by the track. She is now in intensive care because of her premature birth, doctors said.

Most toilets on Indian trains are filthy chutes emptying directly onto the tracks.

(Reporting by Rupam Jain Nair; Editing by Jonathan Allen and Sugita Katyal)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080228/od_nm/india_toilet_dc;_ylt=AgVi9c9WOSHGhZemSpBurZms0NUE
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by jgirl3: 5:08am On Feb 29, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oh my gosh! It's a miracle the child survived. Was it so easy for the woman that she couldn't realize she was in labor?
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 29, 2008
Wow the baby survived. God is good. smiley
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by omena555(f): 8:33am On Feb 29, 2008
Jesus is Lord! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by ifyalways(f): 11:38am On Feb 29, 2008
what a lucky ex-premie !
God is good !
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by viceb: 2:56pm On Feb 29, 2008
God is always there for his children. I read d news too.
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by Ndipe(m): 12:47am On Mar 01, 2008
The Mercies of God are profound!
Praise be unto His Holy Name in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by NaJaHaJe(f): 6:54pm On Mar 01, 2008
the baby looked like there was something wrong with its legs. . . . . . they might not know until the kid starts walking undecided
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by adeboo(f): 12:24am On Mar 02, 2008
Oga o.

After what i went through to deliver mine, i find it difficult to believe such a story.
Na wa o.
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by HRhotness(f): 12:35am On Mar 02, 2008
@adeboo

u would be surprised how easy it is for some women.

i have a friend who was in labour for a total of 30mins,
the baby popped out immediately we got to the hospital, she was still dressed and hadnt even laid down properly
she said she thot she was going to pass wind, the next thing there was a head sticking out between her legs, 

of course being so easy for her she has decided to produce children every other yr, she has 3 now and she only just turned 25
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by adeboo(f): 12:44am On Mar 02, 2008
HR.hotness:

@adeboo

u would be surprised how easy it is for some women.

i have a friend who was in labour for a total of 30mins,
the baby popped out immediately we got to the hospital, she was still dressed and hadnt even laid down properly
she said she thot she was going to pass wind, the next thing there was a head sticking out between her legs,

of course being so easy for her she has decided to produce children every other yr, she has 3 now and she only just turned 25

Oga o.
When some women e.g my sister was in labour for three days.

Inside a toilet as well, what a way to start ur life.
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by Mustay(m): 12:47am On Mar 02, 2008
this is really crazy!
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by Beline(f): 10:15am On Mar 03, 2008
Glory to God who save the little baby
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by Suntemi(m): 6:37pm On May 25, 2008
another miracle.
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 25, 2008
na wa oooooo, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by ima1(f): 12:45am On May 26, 2008
its amazing, i know of a woman who was trying to have a baby for years and when she was like 3 months pregnant she had no idea, until someone told her she was glowing, she went for test n found out she was 3 months pregnant without knowing. its crazy
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by Frando29(m): 3:36pm On May 26, 2008
Whatever happened to the umblical cord!!!!!!!
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by mazaje(m): 4:03pm On May 26, 2008
Frando29:

Whatever happened to the umblical cord!!!!!!!

That was the question is was going to ask.
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by elizabetta(f): 4:09pm On May 26, 2008
thank God for the baby
Re: Pregnant Woman Uses Train Toilet, Baby Slips Out by skfa1: 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2008
Hehe Every body dey thank God, I thank my God as well o

Eyin oluwa lo go , mo ba e yin. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Some Money For Business Or School Without Pay Back? / Stories About Children Who Survived High Falls / She's Scared The Husband Would Cheat If He Lives In Another City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.