Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering (27984 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Chemical Engineering Vs Petroleum Engineering / Project Topic In Economics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by uyuoko(m): 7:06am On Jan 16, 2013
helo everyone,am a final year student currently studying pet.eng at university of uyo.i will really need the help of this house concernin project topic on the course stated above.really tried my best in getting a good topic,bt non seem to be forthcoming.i knw i can get help here from people who had gone through this path before.i wud really like to do smting related to drilling or production.hope to get the help i nid.tanks.
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by uyuoko(m): 10:41am On Jan 17, 2013
Please nairalanders,i need ur help on this.please!
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by uyuoko(m): 5:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
over 50 views and yet nothing.dis isnt fair!
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by Richiez(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
Well Control and Blowout Prevention - The objective of this project is the development of technology for the purpose of safe handling of high subsurface pressures of different gas formations during the time of drilling operations.

Improved/Enhanced Recovery - This project aims at developing the methodology of locating very large volumes of by-passed oil using various reservoir simulation studies which is followed by reservoir field studies.

Formation Evaluation - This project deals with the development of various interpretation techniques for well logging data. Also there will be topics such as pore pressure inference from MWD data several models for sandy-shales and also evaluation of fractured formations.

Environmental Control - This project focuses on the oilfield process improvements and also modifications leading to pollution prevention and several productivity enhancement techniques.

Other topics for doing projects
•Multi Dim Simulation of Slug-Flow Phenomena in Off- and On-Shore Pipe Systems
•Theta Enterprises Software
•Software for Reservoir Engineering
•Knowledge Capture Base
•Geological and Stratigraphical Characterization of Oil and Gas Reservoirs
•Stochastic Pet Economics
•PEPE Marketing
•PEPE Controller
•Integrated studies at the oilfield
•Implementation of a visitor guiding system
•Creation of a reservoir model
•Acquisition and implementation of a PE Wiki
•Realization of a virtual PVT-Lab for deployment in Internet
•Acquisition and implementation of Theta Software for use in teaching
•Acquisition and maintenance of relevant Reservoir Engineering-Software
•Realization of a virtual PVT
•Setup of a Project Management and Controlling Infrastructure
•Well Completion Fluid Dynamics
•Development of marketing plan and implementation of a marketing strategy with a focus of online marketing

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/btech-in-petroleum-engineering-project-names-and-ideas/#ixzz2JZYOXghM
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by uyuoko(m): 1:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
@richie tanks a lot.sure we nid each other
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by uyuoko(m): 9:53am On May 01, 2013
still nid more idea from dis house.tanks
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by victoremah(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2013
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaahahahaaahhahahahaah Davido o o o o o o, well, this is helpful. Now how do you go about this? cheesy
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by uyuoko(m): 2:52pm On May 02, 2013
@victoremah,u n i r in this challenge together,bt i sure hope the internet and other sources would help
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by yinkeys(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2013
My project supervisor gave me a topic instead; Who can help me on Well planning for a field in the Niger Delta
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by OdyOdy(m): 11:02am On Aug 10, 2013
In choosing a degree project, you must consider an area of the petroleum engineering discipline thats suits you the most. Such areas may include, reservoir eng, transport and storage, drilling eng, petroleum geology, well logging, production eng,....

Then you try to find out a problem in such area which you will like to attempt solving. Petroleum eng unlike other eng disciplines may not need a design aspect. It is mostly research, optimization, evaluation.., and stuffs like that....

Under reservoir eng... You may want to do the PVT analysis of a field as an attempt to prescribe the best way it should be produced

you may also want to perform material balance for a field and from ur analysis, predict future performance of the field

you may also want to test the viability of running a waterflood project on a depleted reservoir, considering its geology, rock-fluid interactions and economics (that was my project)

you may want to perform an economic study on the underground storage of gas

you may want to device a mathematical model that will establish a leaking point on a pipeline system

you may want to consider the credibility of different artificial lift methods on a particular reservoir

you may want to perform a field development plan on a virgin field proposing the right locations to drill, the number of wells to drill, the rate to produce... considering economic and technical factors

sorry all my suggestions are reservoir related... I"m a reservoir guy.... Hope that helped
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by pauliyke94: 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
GOOd day please am also a reservoir guy and I really like your topic could you please send me a copy of your work or tell me where i could read it .....my email is okaomepauliyke@gmail.com...........thanks a bunch
Re: Final Year Project Topic In Petroleum Engineering by ravescholars(m): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
RAVESCHOLARS IS NIGERIA'S NO.1 STUDENTS' SOURCE CENTER FOR FINAL YEAR PROJECT MATERIAL/TOPICS.
To source for or download complete final year project work with complete five chapters, questionnaire, appendix, Reference and Preliminary Pages(Abstract inclusive) visit www.ravescholars.com/index.php/past-project-materials Our archive are well structured and arranged to help you find a suitable project topic.

Our Projects covers the following department;

Department of Political Science and Public Administration
Department of Chemistry
Department of Computer Science
Department of Nursing Science
Department of Physics
Department of Plant Biology and Biotechnology
Department of History and International Studies
Department of Zoology and Environmental Biology
Department of Continuing Education and Development Studies
Department of Curriculum and Teaching
Department of Educational Administration and Planning
Department Of Human Kinetics And Health Education
Department of Religious And Cultural Studies
Department of Botany
Department of Marketing
Department of Radiography and Radiological Science
Department of Geology
Department of Accounting
Department of Business Management
Department of Microbiology
Department of Banking And Finance
Department of English And Literary Studies
Department of Philosophy
Faculty of Law
Department of Mathematics
Department of Medical Laboratory Science
Department of Community Medicine
Department of Agriculture
Department of Biochemistry
Department of Economics/Statistics
Department of Linguistics And Communication Studies
Department of Anatomy
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Petroleum/Gas Engineering
Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Department of Entrepreneurship Development
Department of Disaster Risk Management and Development Studies
Department of Sociology
And lots more
Our archive is updated daily making sure we remain the best at what we do. It is important to mention here that only the best works are uploaded on our website for members of the public to access.
Best Regards
Ravescholars Publicity/Marketing Team

(1) (Reply)

300-Level FUTA Student Commits Suicide In Ondo (Photo) / Like Father, Like Son; Nigerian Man Graduates With First Class From UK. Photos / Dear Jobseeking Graduate, Here’s What You Should Have Done In Final Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.