Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,972 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here (12678 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
I start with mine :

1. Using logic, reason and scientific evidence, kindly trace back to the beginning , the origin of MAN.

2. In your own words, describe how you think human reproductive organs evolved into what it is today

3. If we came from monkeys , how come we still have monkeys around today

Thanks,

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
He came, he saw and he ran away @ Logicboy grin grin
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Goshen360(m): 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
frosbel: I start with mine :

1. Using logic, reason and scientific evidence, kindly trace back to the beginning , the origin of MAN.

2. In your own words, describe how you think human reproductive organs evolved into what it is today

Thanks,

Grabbed my pop corn, take a front sit and legs crossed, waiting to be entertained...#Kweshion and Answer mode Activated#

3 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Stalwert: 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
Interesting,

Mine is why is it that there is almost total absent of intermediate species? Or fossils of intermediate species during the process of evolution?

2 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert: Interesting,

Mine is why is it that there is almost total absent of intermediate species? Or fossils of intermediate species during the process of evolution?

they actually found the missing link a few years ago called the Nebraska MAN.

It was eventually discovered to be a fraud , especially because , this missing link was constructed from a single tooth grin grin

so no, no missing link yet, they are still looking, lol.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2013

Thanks,

This shows how daft you and Goshen truly are. What kind of foolish questions are these?

1) Go and read evolution and the big bang. 5 years of nairaland with atheists you still ask this silly question? What does it cost you to read? Do you want us to spoon feed you hundreds of pages on evolution and the big bang in one comment?

Wouldnt it be better to read up on these two topics (evolution and big bang) then ask qustions about them?

2) Simple, we had hominid ancestors who had a similar reproductive system and some years and mutations later, we have a more complex reproductive system. This is the short story. If you want a longer story- GO AND READ AND RESEARCH YOURSELF
http://campus.murraystate.edu/academic/faculty/tderting/cva_atlases/CAT/catreproductiveevolution.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18046752

3) Foolish question. We have a common ancestor with monkeys, not that we came from monkeys as such. Speciation. We split apart from this common ancestor as different species.

4 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert: Interesting,

If you are talking about a missing link then you are foolish. This has been addressed many times but creatards like you bring it up numerous times.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_fossil#Missing_links

One thing you would have to realise is that there are numerous human transitional fossils. Every living thing is a transitional fossil because we all evolve.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sorry for the abuse in my comments but this is how I really feel;

[img]http://3.bp..com/-dC_w--zmOWU/UBchGTo8dLI/AAAAAAAAAYo/Tspy6jnfDWo/s1600/Not_This_Bullshit_Again.jpg[/img]
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
[quote author=Logicboy03]

This shows how daft you and Goshen truly are. What kind of foolish questions are these?

Oh Yeah !

1) Go and read evolution and the big bang. 5 years of nairaland with atheists you still ask this silly question? What does it cost you to read? Do you want us to spoon feed you hundreds of pages on evolution and the big bang in one comment?

100s of pages on evolution and still no factual evidence. We need fact , not theories , hypothesis and wild guesses.

2) Simple, we had hominid ancestors who had a similar reproductive system and some years and mutations later, we have a more complex reproductive system. This is the short story. If you want a longer story- GO AND READ AND RESEARCH YOURSELF
http://campus.murraystate.edu/academic/faculty/tderting/cva_atlases/CAT/catreproductiveevolution.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18046752

Okay , how did the reproductive system of these hominid ancestors of yours develop ?

3) Foolish question. We have a common ancestor with monkeys, not that we came from monkeys as such. Speciation. We split apart from this common ancestor as different species.

How come evolution suddenly stopped ?

Why is it that for the past few millennia no one has witnessed a monkey, ape or whatever , evolve into MAN or some other specie.

Approaching this from a scientific and factual perspective, kindly :

1. Show one example if true of recent evolution from an ape to another specie.
2. Explain the abrupt cessation of the evolutionary process to this regard if you cannot show any examples.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
@ Frosbel.

Evolution has not stopped. All animals evolve
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by cyrexx: 1:21pm On Jan 16, 2013

Thanks,

3 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
Furthermore, macroevolution takes a long time to occur- thousands of years.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by zionbaby2: 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
zionbaby.:
"LOVE YOUR ENEMIES"

INTRODUCTION

1. One of the more challenging commands given by Jesus is to love your
enemies...
a. Given in His sermon on the mount - Mt 5:43-44
b. Again in His sermon on the plain - Lk 6:27-28,35

2. Yet when taken to heart and applied properly, loving your enemies
can..
a. Bless and transform your own life
b. Truly make this world a better place

[Let's examine Jesus' command to love your enemies more closely by first
asking...]

I. WHO IS YOUR ENEMY?

A. ANYONE WHO CURSES YOU...
1. Who speaks ill about you or to you - Mt 5:44; Lk 6:28
2. Like Shimei did to David - cf. 2Sa 16:5-8,13

B. ANYONE WHO HATES YOU...
1. Who for some reason despises you - Mt 5:44; Lk 6:27
2. For either racial, political, religious, or personal reasons
- e.g., Jn 15:18-19

C. ANYONE WHO SPITEFULLY USES YOU...
1. Who abuses, treats despitefully, falsely accuses you - Mt 5:44;
Lk 6:28
2. To mistreat you in any way, like they did Jesus - Mt 27:27-30

D. ANYONE WHO PERSECUTES YOU...
1. Who prosecutes and pursues with repeated acts of enmity
(WordStudy) - Mt 5:44
2. Like Saul of Tarsus (Paul) did the Christians - Ac 8:3; 9:1-2;
22:4; 26:9-11; Ga 1:13

[Our enemy can be a family member, neighbor, co-worker, fellow-citizen,
or government representative (local or foreign). In other words, just
about anyone who does not like us. Now let's ask...]

II. WHY LOVE YOUR ENEMY?

A. TO BE LIKE GOD...
1. To be sons of our Father in heaven - Mt 5:45,48
2. Who is kind to evil and unthankful men - Lk 6:35-36; cf. Ro
5:8,10; Col 1:21

B. TO BE UNLIKE SINNERS...
1. Who love those who love them - Mt 5:46-47; Lk 6:32-33
2. Which is human nature, but we are to be partakers of divine
nature - cf. 2Pe 1:4; Ep 5:1-2

C. TO OVERCOME EVIL...
1. Not letting evil overcome you - Ro 12:20-21
a. "I will never let another man ruin my life by making me hate
him." - George Washington Carver
b. "Those who hate you don't win unless you hate them - and
then you destroy yourself." - Richard Nixon
2. Overcoming evil by doing good - Ro 12:20-21
a. "Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of
them?" - Abraham Lincoln
b. "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy
into friend." - Martin L. King, Jr.

[The ultimate goal should be to transform our enemies into brethren (cf.
Ro 10:1). Is that not what God did with us? So let us now ask...]

III. HOW TO LOVE YOUR ENEMY?

A. BY BLESSING THEM...
1. As commanded by Jesus, Paul, and Peter - Mt 5:44; Ro 12:14; 1Pe
3:9
2. The word "bless" here means to "speak well of" or "speak well
to" - Barnes

B. BY DOING GOOD TO THEM...
1. As taught in both Covenants - Exo 23:4-5; Mt 5:44; Lk 6:27; Ga
6:10
2. Which has the potential of transforming our enemies - Pro
25:21-22; e.g., 2Ki 6:22-23

C. BY PRAYING FOR THEM...
1. As Jesus taught - Mt 5:44; Lk 6:28
2. As Jesus and His disciples exemplified - Lk 23:34; Ac 7:60; Ro
10:1

D. WITH ACTIVE GOOD WILL...
1. Which is the meaning of the word "love" (Gr., agape)
2. Beautifully defined by Paul - 1Co 13:4-8 (imagine treating
enemies like this!)

CONCLUSION

1. We are not commanded to love our enemies with affection in our
hearts...
a. Experienced in families (Gr., storge)
b. Expressed among friends (Gr., phileo)
c. Especially with brethren (Gr., philadelphia)

2. We are commanded to love our enemies with an act of the will...
a. Displaying active good will toward them (Gr., agape)
b. Blessing them, doing to good them, praying for them

However, where agape love is consistently shown it is not unusual for
phileo love to gradually develop. Even if not, we still have the duty
and privilege to be "sons of the Most High"...

For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived,
serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy,
hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the
love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of
righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He
saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of
the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through
Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His
grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal
life.
-Titus 3:3-7

Impossibility is found in the dictionary of fools.

This Week's 2 SURE PICKS ARE READY, and 7 people have already purchased it.

I will soon close the door for good.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by cyrexx: 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
[size=14pt]
If ignorance is bliss, and the bible promises to give you eternal bliss once you reach heaven, does that mean reading the bible is the path to eternal ignorance?[/size]
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03: @ Frosbel.

Evolution has not stopped. All animals evolve

lol grin grin grin
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03: Furthermore, macroevolution takes a long time to occur- thousands of years.

how convenient.

admit it, you have no answers, no evidence, no facts, just wishes and dreams.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
frosbel:

how convenient.

admit it, you have no answers, no evidence, no facts, just wishes and dreams.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-dC_w--zmOWU/UBchGTo8dLI/AAAAAAAAAYo/Tspy6jnfDWo/s1600/Not_This_Bullshit_Again.jpg[/img]
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by inspiredbyGOD(m): 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
Isn't evolution supposed to be accompanied by physical changes?
@logicboy, if animals are still evolving, some of their known features should be changing or should have changed by now right?
Dogs, cats, rats, lions, monkeys, zebras, hippos, cheetahs etc still look the same way they were thousands of years ago. Tell me, why is this so? Or are they exempted from evolution?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
Isn't evolution supposed to be accompanied by physical changes?
@logicboy, if animals are still evolving, some of their known features should be changing or should have changed by now right?
Dogs, cats, rats, lions, monkeys, zebras, hippos, cheetahs etc still look the same way they were thousands of years ago. Tell me, why is this so? Or are they exempted from evolution?

The guys are jokers par excellence, they will come with insults or some random mockery , because they know deep down that they are standing on shaky ground.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Stalwert: 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
frosbel:

they actually found the missing link a few years ago called the Nebraska MAN.

It was eventually discovered to be a fraud , especially because , this missing link was constructed from a single tooth grin grin

so no, no missing link yet, they are still looking, lol.

Lol no missing link because it does not exist!
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Stalwert: 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

If you are talking about a missing link then you are foolish. This has been addressed many times but creatards like you bring it up numerous times.

One thing you would have to realise is that there are numerous human transitional fossils. Every living thing is a transitional fossil because we all evolve.

Paleontologist Donald
Prothero noted that this is illustrated by
the fact that the number of species
known through the fossil record was less
than 5% of the number of known living
species, suggesting that the number of
species known through fossils must be
far less than 1% of all the species that
have ever lived.

- wikipedia

Maybe in your ignorance only men evolve but evolution speaks of all organism yet hardly 1% of such organism actually have intermediate fossil records, the bible know who the fool is between me and you!

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by ezme(m): 2:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
@frosbel, I would appreciate a similar thread for Christians...
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert:

Paleontologist Donald
Prothero noted that this is illustrated by
the fact that the number of species
known through the fossil record was less
than 5% of the number of known living
species, suggesting that the number of
species known through fossils must be
far less than 1% of all the species that
have ever lived.

- wikipedia

Maybe in your ignorance only men evolve but evolution speaks of all organism yet hardly 1% of such organism actually have intermediate fossil records, the bible know who the fool is between me and you!

60,000 known species.

5% of fossils from that 60,000

Do you know how rare it is to find a fossilized animal due to the process of fossilization?

If you had brains you would know that that 5% represents a huge number in terms of the rarity of fossils.

I'll leave you to your stupidity
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Goshen360(m): 2:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03: @ Frosbel.

Evolution has not stopped. [size=20pt]All animals evolve[/size]

#Hand Raised up, Question signals#

Sir, please sorry for interruption. So how come animals that still evolves has not evolved into human beings if humans actually evolved from animals. How come we don't see that still happening anymore?

I do not mean to derail. You know I'm in the front sit still with my pop corn and my legs crossed.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2013
Goshen360:

#Hand Raised up, Question signals#

Sir, please sorry for interruption. So how come animals that still evolves has not evolved into human beings if humans actually evolved from animals. How come we don't see that still happening anymore?

I do not mean to derail. You know I'm in the front sit still with my pop corn and my legs crossed.

sad

Seriously? You were watching and you still asked this question?

Logicboy03: Furthermore, macroevolution takes a long time to occur- thousands of years.

Logicboy03:

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

sad

Mate, we are waiting for proper , scientific and reasonable explanations to the questions asked.

Opt out answers, tantrums and insults are not recognized as valid answers.

If you are ignorant on how to respond , just stop embarrassing yourself and let others have a go !
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
frosbel:

Mate, we are waiting for proper , scientific and reasonable explanations to the questions asked.

Opt out answers, tantrums and insults are not recognized as valid answers.

If you are ignorant on how to respond , just stop embarrassing yourself and let others have a go !

And what was scientifically wrong with my answers?

You ask foolish questions and when you are corrected, you ask them again. Some of you christians/muslims should be banned from asking questions on evolution unless yo guys have read about it and have a basic idea.

Imagine me asking twisted questions saying that Jesus is false without reading the bible. What would you response be? Read the bible, you hertic!
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Goshen360(m): 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Hahahahahahahaha. I laugh so tay I land for Naija and then laugh catch me again so tay I land for yankee again. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, rolling on the floor
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 16, 2013
[quote author=Logicboy03]

And what was scientifically wrong with my answers?

Your answers ?

What answers have you provided other than one liners to support copy and paste positions that even you are unsure of , and cannot defend.

Act like an academic , stop this childishness.

You ask foolish questions and when you are corrected, you ask them again. Some of you christians/muslims should be banned from asking questions on evolution unless yo guys have read about it and have a basic idea.

foolish questions only when it suits you , or because you have no plausible explanations , that can be taken seriously.

What an arrant joker you are, expecting others to follow you into your confusion in a state of utter confusion.

Keep saving face, we will soon expose your ignorance in full.

Imagine me asking twisted questions saying that Jesus is false without reading the bible. What would you response be? Read the bible, you hertic!

Well the bible is the book of JESUS , so what do you want us to do, point to you to a book on Chemistry ,lol grin

You have a long way to go.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ignorance on Parade.
First @Frosbel, Stalwert and co., Why, I repeat, why do you need an atheist to educate you on evolution? evolutionary biology is a science.
Wake up. This is the 21st century. In this century there are places where you can go and learn about any sugject of your interest.
The first place is called a school, the other place is called a library.
If you genuinely want to learn about the intricacies and complexities of evolution, pls make an effort to so.

If you are capable of learning at all, read all you can about evolution and then come on the forum and point out to us , in scientific detail,whatever contradictions you have observed.

An atheist owes you nothing whatsoever.
We read the bible first to point out what is contradictory in it. We do not ask you to explain the bible for us.

Besides,evolution is not an article of faith for atheists. We accept the theory of evolution simply because it makes a lot more sense to a rational mind than your seven days of creation,talking snake and forbidden apple fairy tales.

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by PastorKun(m): 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
My own small kweshun; fossil records show that the crocodile has existed for over 200 million years in it's current form likewise fossil records also show the dragonfly has not evolved in over 400 million years. They have both been in existence long before the dinosaurs and they remain to this date without evolving. My kweshun is why did evolution forget these two species(amongst several others)? Or are they so advanced that they have reached the zenith of evolution

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2013
plaetton:
Besides,evolution is not an article of faith for atheists. We accept the theory of evolution simply because it makes a lot more sense to a rational mind than your seven days of creation,talking snake and forbidden apple fairy tales.

How can something make sense, when there is no ultimate proof to support it's position ?

You hold onto your myths, we prefer our 'myth',

You owe us answers to the questions asked , because you are the ones running around like headless chickens screaming about the logic, reasonableness and factuality of atheism. All we see though , is a set of people holding onto a madeup belief with the fanaticism of religious bad eggs.

Give us answers, that's what we Christians keep doing to help you guys wake up from your deep stupor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? / How To Hack The Church To Manifest Your Desires! / 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.