Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? (25590 Views)

Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adonisgold: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
firestar: Eight. Can't remember who wrote it though. But damn! If you're a Grand Chess Master then you'll love it. cool
Right on point! Wonderful book that one.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Brymo: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ebiro4: The Godfather by Mario Guzo
,mario puzo,nt guzo
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by erniok(m): 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Emfash: Hi guys,I was wondering what the best novel you ever read is..For me it has to be Robert Ludlum's MATARESE CYCLE. A blockbuster that kept me on the edge of my seat all through! Its been over 13 years but still feels like yesterday. Classic!
This was a beautiful masterpiece from ludlum. The matarese countdown as a followup was pure rubbish compared to it.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by DonJoviano(m): 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
The government inspector
Things fall apart - Chinua Anichebe
The gods must be crazy - Wole Soyinka
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by dkdigits(m): 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
embarassedI think its a tie...
There's the Godfather by mario puzo
The bourne identity by robert ludlum
I find it impossible 2 choose the one I actually prefare

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by ChuckD1(m): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Trials of Brother Jero by ...
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by sigmundfreud(m): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
its hard to choose but 'as the crow flies' by Jeffery Archer might be.
Then maybe the Bourne series by Ludlum...
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by slamstan(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH by Ken Follet.
There is no novel like it!

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by emmke(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Measuring Time by Helon Habila
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by donlyone(m): 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Dizzy Angel
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Gee001: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Godfather by Mario Puzo and Angels' fall, 4gotten the name of d author
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by pitipom: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
Lol.Eze goes to school was written by onuora nzewi
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by ElCaballa(m): 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
cigar icon: BLACK BOY (trying hard to remember the authour). That was the only book I know pulled tears out of my eyes

THE PURPLE HIBISCUS by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

DIZZY ANGEL (forgoten the authour)
BLACK BOY By Richards ....
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by rileest: 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
dadicvila: EXODUS by LEON URIS.......I have read hundreds of novels but believe me EXODUS stands out.......MASTER OF THE GAME and A TIME TO KILL by SIDNEY SHELDON and JOHN GRISHAM comes close

EXODUS happens to be my best novel ever as well and I have lost count of all the novels I've read so far. To me, that's the king of Novels. "In the name of the Father" and "Man of Fire" by A.J Quinnel are also masterpieces
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nazcoj(m): 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
To Kill a Mockingbird

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by sushieater: 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
A Knight In Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux..

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
I cant pick any favourite out of the following writers, cause they are great and brilliant writers and all their novels are always thrilling!
1. James hardley Chase- All
2. Sydney Sheldon- All
3.John Grisham- All
4. Michael Connelly

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by euthanasia: 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
If tomorrow comes- Sidney Sheldon
The Da Vinci Code- Dan Brown
The Firm- John Grisham
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by pitipom: 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
All Sidney Sheldon novels. Their suspense is overwhelming!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Mikebrown(m): 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
An African night entertainment..... Dnt remember d dude dat wrote it
Tell me ur dreams..... Dnt remember d author
a time to kill
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
Clear & Present Danger by Tom Clancy, the harry potter collection by J.K Rowling (the goblet of fire and the deadly hallows were awesome!). Absolute Power by David Baldacci, Angels & demons / Deception Point by Dan Brown.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Mikebrown(m): 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gee001: The Godfather by Mario Puzo and Angels' fall, 4gotten the name of d author
the God father..... Was/is on point. one of me fav
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Originalsly: 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hmmm...Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon... Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum...Chromosone 6 and Acceptable Risks by Robin Cook really stand out but no doubt....all by itself at #1 is Thin Air by George Simpson and Neil Burger. After reading the first few pages...is no way you can put that book down. Think published in the early 80's..a sci fi thriller based on the Philadelphia Experiment.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by salam001(m): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
There was a country....
Chinualamogu achebe

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by ajanaku2(m): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
okpara ugo: I dont read fiction. I read strategies to making money.

Novel : BIBLE. Author : JEHOVA omere many things.

Guy, you for no branch this thread na!...

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by shiftbutton: 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
How this thread has gotten to the second page and no mention of any of the series of Sherlock Holmes by Authur conan Doyle beats me.

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
Emfash: Hi guys,I was wondering what the best novel you ever read is..For me it has to be Robert Ludlum's MATARESE CYCLE. A blockbuster that kept me on the edge of my seat all through! Its been over 13 years but still feels like yesterday. Classic!

Loved that novel too. Robert Ludlum remains my best author to date. But when it comes to best novel ever read, sorry but "Evergreen" by Belva Plain wins!!! Love dat book!
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by emron1(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
there was a country by chinua achebe
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by drlaykay(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ade our little naughty brother grin
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by sigmundfreud(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
Becacia_Barbie: I cant pick any favourite out of the following writers, cause they are great and brilliant writers and all their novels are always thrilling!
1. James hardley Chase- All
2. Sydney Sheldon- All
3.John Grisham- All
4. Michael Connelly
Hadley Chase!...love those too. But they got smaller as i grew older and they could not keep up with my apetite.
There is a game i play with somefriends, i quote a Chase character or plot and u tell me the book(s)...
'look Pop, I'm flying'! Miss Shumway waves a wand
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by laykhorn(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ralia the sugar girl or is it Kanu has malaria grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by mrgaga: 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
Pelican brief....by john grisham
The gift......danielle steel

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: “Why I Wear Nigerian Designers" / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.