Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Soccer-my Ambition Is To Coach In England, Guardiola Says - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Soccer-my Ambition Is To Coach In England, Guardiola Says (425 Views)

Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Chelsea Sacking 7th Coach In 7yrs : What Is The Problem ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Soccer-my Ambition Is To Coach In England, Guardiola Says by ogayor: 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
MADRID, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Pep Guardiola finds English football "fascinating" and his ambition is to manage a Premier League club in future, the sought-after former Barcelona coach said.
Guardiola, 41, took a year off after leading Barca to 14 trophies in four campaigns, including two Champions League crowns and three straight La Liga titles, and confirmed this month he will return to coaching next term.
He has been linked by the media with English clubs Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City, Bundesliga side Bayern Munich and Paris St Germain in France.
"I've always found English football very fascinating, just for the environment, the crowd and the supporters," Guardiola, speaking from New York where he has been living with his family, said in a message on the English Football Association's website (www.thefa.com).
"As a player, I couldn't realise my dream to play there but I hope in the future, I have a challenge to be a coach or a manager there and feel the experience of all the coaches and players that have been there," he said.
"It is unique, to play in that league. I want to feel the supporters, the environment, the media and the style of the players and everything.
"I am still young, just 41, so I hope in the future I could be able to train there and enjoy that."
Guardiola was speaking to the FA as part of the organisation's 150th anniversary celebrations.
"I would like to say congratulations and happy birthday for the 150 years to English soccer and all of the people around English football," he said.
"Enjoy it, because you deserve that and you have been very important in the development of our beautiful, beautiful game." (Reporting by Iain Rogers, editing by Amlan Chakraborty)

(1) (Reply)

EPL Clubs Expenditures Vis-a-vis Trophies Since 1992 / How Long Can Barcelona Fc Go On Without A Real Coach / Juventus Vs Ac Milan At 7.45pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.