Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,704 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja (38061 Views)

50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv / Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? / Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Iyaniwura123: 7:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
The Nigeria Police College, Ikeja, Lagos State is the first in the country. In a recent video report by ChannelsTV, the very deplorable situation of the College is shown in the following images. While posting this, I cannot but wonder what our leaders have been doing. It is a big shame indeed upon the Nigerian government and all their supporters.

Iyaniwura brings to you some of the pictures of the college. You will see the male dormitory 10, constructed in 1940 by colonial masters with its incredibly hellish looks (yes, it looks like hell). The toilets are abhorent and the bathrooms? I wonder how they manage to take their baths in there.
You will also see some students urinating at the back of the building where the drainage system has broken down completely.

Here, police recruits will spend 13 months for training. In 2013, a sum of N311 billion naira has been budgeted for the Nigerian Police. Enu kalokalo naa ni gbogbo re n lo. There are 7 police colleges in Nigeria and a total of 18,500 constables graduated as at December 2012. These colleges include the Lagos Police College (see pictures below), Kaduna Police College, Kano Police Academy, Maiduguri Police College, Oji Police College, Police ICT College, Abeokuta and the Police Detective College, Enugu. In addition to this, there are two mobile police colleges, one in Gwoza, Borno State while the other is in Ila-Orangun, Osun State.

The College once had an Olympic-size swimming pool which is now a breeding ground for toads. It used to win medals for shooting all over West Africa but there is no shooting range anymore.

According to Jonah Mavah, the Deputy Commandant of the College, there has been no major development since establishment except for some few renovations.
The College itself was built for 700 students but today, it contains 2,554.
As for the library, the Staff says they cannot remember the last time books were supplied to the library which is full of museum pieces and antiquities called books bought in the 1970s.

Please like Iyaniwura on Facebook and see more:
https://www.facebook.com/iyaniwurablog

http://iyaniwura.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/POLICE2.jpg
http://iyaniwura.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/POLICE-3.jpg

NB: Please how does one get to upload more than four pictures? Iyaniwura is kinda new here and will appreciate any help. Thank you.
Someone helped me with the uploading of more pictures (I want to guess it's the admin), thank you so much! smiley

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
Garbage in = garbage out! No wonder they're so inhuman sometimes; they've been dehumanised right from training.

37 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
I know i'm stating the obvious, but those pics bring home the fact that ever since the time of Zik, Awo and Sadauna, our subsequent leaders have been completely visionless and useless (esp' the military guys).

9 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
These are the people who are entrusted with task of securing lives and property? No wonder they lack human sympathy.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Iyaniwura123: 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
See all the pictures here: http://iyaniwura.com/33-very-shameful-pictures-of-the-nigerian-police-college-ikeja/
Ìyániwúrà123: The Nigeria Police College, Ikeja, Lagos State is the first in the country. In a recent video report by ChannelsTV, the very deplorable situation of the College is shown in the following images. While posting this, I cannot but wonder what our leaders have been doing. It is a big shame indeed upon the Nigerian government and all their supporters.

You will see the male dormitory 10, constructed in 1940 by colonial masters with its incredibly hellish looks (yes, it looks like hell). The toilets are abhorent and the bathrooms? I wonder how they manage to take their baths in there.

You will also see some students urinating at the back of the building where the drainage system has broken down completely.

Here, police recruits will spend 13 months for training. In 2013, a sum of N311 billion naira has been budgeted for the Nigerian Police. Enu kalokalo naa ni gbogbo re n lo. There are 7 police colleges in Nigeria and a total of 18,500 constables graduated as at December 2012.

The College once had an Olympic-size swimming pool which is now a breeding ground for toads. It used to win medals for shooting all over West Africa but there is no shooting range anymore.

According to Jonah Mavah, the Deputy Commandant of the College, there has been no major development since establishment except for some few renovations.

The College itself was built for 700 students but today, it contains 2,554.

As for the library, the Staff says they cannot remember the last time books were supplied to the library which is full of museum pieces and antiquities called books bought in the 1970s.

NB: Please how does one get to upload more than four pictures? Iyaniwura is kinda new here and will appreciate any help. Thank you.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by 175(m): 8:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
Very shameful indeed. Just like in most NYSC orientation camps.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Rhino5dm: 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
Singing Eedireess Abdulkareem. . .Nigeria jaga jaga, everything scatter scatter . . . .Despicable!

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Pukkah: 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
This is very touching. How many of this type of decay do you want to count? The list is endless. The pervasive decadence stares at all men and women of conscience everywhere they turn. It's so sad but real!

The people that are supposed to fix them simply look away, preferring instead to fix their own pockets. They have greedily and unabashedly fixed their own pockets and those of their grandchildren.

The fingerprint of excellence has long fled from the Nigerian public space. Not only are the present looters (whom they call leaders) no longer building new buildings/infrastructure, they can't even maintain the ones inherited from the colonial/first republic leaders.

Shame!

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Pukkah: 8:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Singing Eedireess Abdulkareem. . .Nigeria jaga jaga, everything scatter scatter . . . .Despicable!

'Everything scatter scatter' ...so apt; sadly so!
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by babapupa: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
What's new? Smh...
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
grin Where is the "massive transformation and reforms" going on with the police force

Meanwhile, Nairaland is growing at a very abnormal pace of recent. See below

Stats: 999333 members, 1100162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 09:41 PM

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Roland17(m): 9:50pm On Jan 16, 2013
It looks more like a Prison to me, with such deplorable environment, i am not disappointed with the quality of Police officers that the college has already produced to protect the lives and properties of Citizens and the society?

This is a huge shame to the Federal Government...
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by victorD3: 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
And we Nigerians will expect police to be our friend.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by ogb5(m): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
Thats why it is called a school. They are training them to be able to enjoy their deplorable barracks when they pass out grin
At least moving to the smelling barracks from the training school will be an improvement and will be a good motivator for the recruits to study so as to escape the training school as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Wendyslim(f): 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
Na Wah oooooo, dem no dey renovate or replace? Chaiii dos people don suffer
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 16, 2013

what the hell? shame shame shameful!!

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by pecopeco: 9:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
kiss kiss kiss kiss Naija 4 life, GREAT NAIJA ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by TableLeg(m): 9:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
Oh dear...... SMH! embarassed
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by rman: 9:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
The police stations across the country are like this too.

Pathetic!
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by DoubleDee2: 9:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
Tufiakwa!!! This is HELL...
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Pelummy(f): 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
Jst treking by,cnt view
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by LagosBoi2(m): 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
pdp is working, bros jona is working....smh...set of useless people...why police to go kill because of 20naira...
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by redsun(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
A demoralized nation.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
this is shame nothing more....
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by osifred(m): 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
This country tire me o
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
victorD3: And we Nigerians will expect police to be our friend.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by ogb5(m): 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
victorD3: And we Nigerians will expect police to be our friend.

Yes I do.

passing through those conditions in training should make them reflect critically on why things are the way they are.
They ought to realise that the masses are not their enemies and are not supposed to vent their frustration on the helpless masses.

I many countries the police have hugh powers, they can investigate and bring the high and mighty to justice, in Nigeria, they are only interested in running after taxi drivers.

Any policeman who goes through that slum in training should be able to investigate what happened to funds allocated to the police to cater for maintenance.

And by the way their is supposed to be someone responsible for requesting for budget for the maintenance of these structures.
Someone is responsible for releasing the budget.
and someone is responsible for ensuring that that the released budget is used to maintain the structures they were released for.

So the question is, who did not do his job.

and what is the punishment for not doing his job.

Society progresses when everyone does his bit, those who are not ready to do their bit should be weeded fro the system, period.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by ziccoit: 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
What kind of products do you expect this dungeon to produce?
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
Wow! Look at Nigeria Police College!

When I was a criminal Justice student in the U.S, I visited so many prisons in U.S and they look like middle-class apartment studios. Furnished with beds, sanitary wares, tooth brushes, clean toilets, clean towels for inmates, doctors, barbers, gym, basketball court, pool table and more. Some "middle class" in Nigeria wouldn't mind living in American prison environments if they were available for rent in Nigeria. Imagine prisons with internet service with full A/C.

Sad! Sad!! Sad!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by juman(m): 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
I know i'm stating the obvious, but those pics bring home the fact that ever since the time of Zik, Awo and Sadauna, our subsequent leaders have been completely visionless and useless (esp' the military guys).

Correct talk.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
Now I understand why they normally behave like animals. They indeed were treated like animals by the government. Somebody should please tell me if anybody that pass through this institution 'can secure us'

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by crazygod(m): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
Little wonder, infact NO WONDER these guys behave the way they do. What's the difference between that college and kirikiri?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sallah: Kashamu Donates Money & Food Items To People In His Mansion In Ogun / APC Makes N12.6 Billion From The Sale Of Forms / David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.