Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (44647 Views)

Gumi's Response To Kukah's Speech At Yakowa's Funeral / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by nagoma(m): 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
Man of Steel: pls Sheikh Gumi, it aint too late to go back to primary school despite your age and white beard/hair/goatee which i tot waz supposed to symbolise wisdom. pls if u were a product of the almajiri system while growing up as a young boy, you should note that western education could have taught you that there are better conspiracy theories that you could have come up with. Look, i dont expect you to watch films like avatar, Lord of the rings, seseme street or even cartoons such as tom and jerry and understand a thing, but i would suggest you take an IQ test at this point because my earnest prayers for you and your kind all these years seem to have yielded nothing(your words get less and less intelligent by the day. SO, I DONT BELIEVE THAT BOKO HARAM KILLED YAKOWA/AZAZI AND I ALSO DONT BELIEVE THAT THERE WAS ANY PLOT AGAINST MUSLIMS. BUT WHAT I DO KNOW IS THAT NIGERIANS WILL CONTINUALLY REMAIN UNDER THE CURSE OF GULLIBILITY TILL THEY ARE ABLE TO SEE THROUGH YOUR GENERATION OF IMAMS,PRAYER CONTRACTORS, AND FLAMBOUYANT JET DISPLAYING PASTORS.

You may have a good intention but there is a need to speak on things you are knowledgeable about and keep your peace when you are ignorant. You do not know Dr. Ahmed Gummi at all but you are fabricating stories about his educational background. Briefly i can tell you that before his years of scholarship to get a PhD in Islamic theology Ahmad Gummi rose through the Same nigerian system of education to the university to be a Doctor ( MBBS) and to be an officer in the Nigerian army. He retired as a trained officer of the Nigerian Army and a Medical Doctor with the rank of a Captain to pursue his other interest and calling as a Muslim scholar and cleric. You can call him almajiri but I doubt if you or yours have better education than him.Eat your heart out!
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by Noiseless2: 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Anyone who died for niGGaria died a shameful death as niGGeria is a hell on earth.
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by yasaa(m): 2:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
Wendyslim: We don hear. Next topic pls

***EXPOSED***
Following yesterdays attack on the emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, intelligence gathering reveal that the attack was carried on by members of an Underground Movement: CHILDREN OF THE DEAD- a group of sons and daughters of the soldiers who had died during the Civil War. This group are strongly believe to be the ones behind the bombings in Nothern Nigeria.
This is not a theory and the brutal killing of General Shuwa the Civil war veteran is no doubt a strong evidence.
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by Akanbiedu(m): 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
koruji: I will keep emphasizing my point that there is a terrible tunnel vision associated with religion.

It is amazing that you listen to the words of Bush (another guy with religion-induced tunnel vision), but forgot how most of his countrymen, even some who supported the war, descended on him.
Yes, Bush had his co-conspirators but the fact remains that if Bush were actually after religious aims he would have landed in Iran, not Iraq.
Isn't it a little odd that people are claiming Bush went into Iraq for religious ends, when in reality Sadam was quite secular & more moderate than all those around him?

That brings me to my main point. On this discussion, Gumi has shown a religious face that promotes terror and then there are two sides to be taken.
The example of seanet01's comment on Gumi is what you would expect from muslims who can clearly see that Gumi and the kind of behavior he encourages does not do you any favors.
But, most of you that have commented here have not condemned Gumi's words, rather you have turned it into a muslim versus christian thing, as if Gumi's words should be taken as coming from a true muslim. Even if you were disappointed by the name calling of islam that ensued you would first condemn Gumi in strong terms, and immediately follow that with a condemnation of those calling islam names.

Whatever religion we profess, at the end of the day it comes down to a choice of whether we prefer to land on the side of truth, human compassion or barbaric behavior in a modern age.

And before you take that as a condemnation of your religion, note that the Bible contains similar things as in the Koran. What has happened with christianity and judaism (at least those who claim those as religions) is that the majority have now moved away from those things - and that is the difference from the stage of evolution in islam. There are many muslims that will not think of even judging anyone according to some of the rules of sharia today. This people would like to think of themselves as the true muslims, but the fact is that those rules remain the basic mode of justice in muslim-dominated nations of the world, and those that do not follow along to the letter are the ones seen as false muslims.

Like christianity experienced after years of the inquisition, what needs to happen in islam is for those who can recognize that the age for some of the existing practices is long gone to lead a "reformation" that will preserve the many great aspects of the religion and throw away many condemn-able traditions. That "reformation" will come one way or the other, the worst thing that can happen is for excesses to lead to the eradication of "collective" religion, and this is where we are headed if this kind of stuff does not stop.

Religion has a great role to play in the life of the individual, but its hijack by wolves-in-sheep-clothing will eventually lead to its decimation in all forms.

@ the bolded.

According to you, Bush's action was not religious but resulted in death of millions
Osama's action was religious but how many deaths were recorded as a result of his actions?
According to some of you Hitler's action was not religious but he ended up killing millions

So, which one deserve that bolded statement, shouldn't that statement read something like

"I will keep emphasizing my point that there is a terrible tunnel vision associated with State".

If your judgemnet of religion is based on the number of deaths associated with it, shouldn't you be condemning states rather than religion since states are known to have killed more people in history?

seanet01: My Muslim Brothers stop Defending Sheik Gumi, he is a blood E.D.I.O.T who should be tied down and bullet pumped on his head.
This is not Islam.

Seanet, you are not being fair to the sheik here. He made an allegation, shouldn't you be interested in the truth of the matter? If his statement is a threat to Nigeria, why is nobody arresting him?
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by koruji(m): 6:05pm On Jan 20, 2013
There is a serious problem of vision here - I will continue to say.
All the massive & open evidence of Islamic terrorism are overshadowed in your world by the "evidence" you gather from the rumour mill.
Children of the dead? How about children of the dying?

This children of the dead you speak of just woke up in 2009 after one muslim returned from Afghanistan and founded his movement with a location he renamed Afghanistan? It is really sad for people to be so deep into self-deceit.

Emir Bayero had come out strongly to contain Boko Haram and their backers in Kano state, hence the reason BH now targets him - end of story.

I have not seen one of you come out to condemn Boko Haram for attacking Emir Bayero!!!
Instead you come out with another silly excuse, but so eager to stand behind Gumi's dangerous statements.
It is either you guys are too scared, or even more scary, you actually believe this kind of nonsense that come out of your mouth!!!

Was it the children of the dead that went after Nigerian soldiers on their way to Mali?

yasaa:
***EXPOSED***
Following yesterdays attack on the emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, intelligence gathering reveal that the attack was carried on by members of an Underground Movement: CHILDREN OF THE DEAD- a group of sons and daughters of the soldiers who had died during the Civil War. This group are strongly believe to be the ones behind the bombings in Nothern Nigeria.
This is not a theory and the brutal killing of General Shuwa the Civil war veteran is no doubt a strong evidence.
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by koruji(m): 6:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
My point is not about the number of dead, but the inability to perceive situations and events properly once people are drunk on religion - that is the tunnel vision
As it happened with Bush, so with Gumi and all those in the world that are drunk on religion.
In some cases, this tunnel vision keeps people from simply facing the truth, but in the case of islamic terrorists now ravaging the planet it becomes a serious threat to life and liberty.
The death of even one innocent for ill-conceived religious aims is too much!!!

BTW our planet is filled with bloodshed often motivated by extreme nationalism.
However, religion was supposed to be a means to temper such wicked behavior, but has proven to be even a worse offender than nationalism.

Hitler's action was a terrible mixture of nationalism and religious madness.
The difference is that he was brought down by what you would like to call christian-led nations because they recognize that what he was promoting was not christianity.
Instead, you guys are lining up behind Gumi with reckless abandon even as he makes statements that are almost guaranteed to lead to even more bloodshed.

Akanbi_edu:
@ the bolded.
According to you, Bush's action was not religious but resulted in death of millions
Osama's action was religious but how many deaths were recorded as a result of his actions?
According to some of you Hitler's action was not religious but he ended up killing millions

So, which one deserve that bolded statement, shouldn't that statement read something like

"I will keep emphasizing my point that there is a terrible tunnel vision associated with State".

If your judgemnet of religion is based on the number of deaths associated with it, shouldn't you be condemning states rather than religion since states are known to have killed more people in history?

Seanet, you are not being fair to the sheik here. He made an allegation, shouldn't you be interested in the truth of the matter? If his statement is a threat to Nigeria, why is nobody arresting him?
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by koruji(m): 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
Everything would not be about religion, if religious people learn to contain their excitement.
The Saudis rely on the same America, and yet habor the holiest shrine in islam.
Their government is just as draconian, or even more, than the Iranians in its implementation of strict sharia.
Government is just as corrupt as the Iranians, and the Iranians even manage to operate some form of theocratic-democracy, whatever that boils down to.

Iran is under siege, and SHOULD BE UNDER SIEGE, not because it is islamic per se, but because its leaders are drunk with religion and promoting terrorism.
Amusingly, Hitler (a supposed christian) is the archetype of the behavior of the Iranian regime today.
Certainly, this is not about Iran being islamic, but the fact that Iran is openly promoting the eradication of a people.
Iran has not hidden its intentions to replicate what Hitler attempted.
Imagine how different the world would be if Hitler got the nuclear weapon before the US during WWII.
Iran, like Hitler's Germany, simply cannot be allowed to acquire nuclear weapon capabilities - it is a point of no return for the Middle East and the world.
So be prepared for another war over there in a few months, not even years, if Iran doesn't come clean.

nagoma:
Mr. Bush said the CRUSADE will take a long time and the whole world knows that the next target in this crusade is Iran . The Iranian skies at the moment are filled with American drones , I am sure you have seen the picture of the latest one brought down. Taking Iraq before Iran must be part of the strategy of the President and Christian war General Bush. Doesn't indicate anything. My guess is making sure their are no nuclear or chemical weapons - hence the prolonged inspection.. Lack of this safety assurance is what is delaying the Christian forces from taking Iran.In relation to Gummi, we are disputing the report alleging those remarks. Such reports are full of the press sympathetic to Christian hegemony. When it is proved that the report is authentic then the Nigerian legal system and therefore all of us will condemn him. Not before- as if condemning him will change your hostile views on Islam .nonsense! Everybody knows that there is a Crusade vicious and violent going on against Islam right now. You want Muslims who are witnesses to it to just read about it history books many years later? ( those who survive that is).
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by Akanbiedu(m): 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
koruji: My point is not about the number of dead, but the inability to perceive situations and events properly once people are drunk on religion - that is the tunnel vision
As it happened with Bush, so with Gumi and all those in the world that are drunk on religion.
In some cases, this tunnel vision keeps people from simply facing the truth, but in the case of islamic terrorists now ravaging the planet it becomes a serious threat to life and liberty.
The death of even one innocent for ill-conceived religious aims is too much!!!

BTW our planet is filled with bloodshed often motivated by extreme nationalism.
However, religion was supposed to be a means to temper such wicked behavior, but has proven to be even a worse offender than nationalism.

Hitler's action was a terrible mixture of nationalism and religious madness.
The difference is that he was brought down by what you would like to call christian-led nations because they recognize that what he was promoting was not christianity.
Instead, you guys are lining up behind Gumi with reckless abandon even as he makes statements that are almost guaranteed to lead to even more bloodshed.

I believe this is called confirmation bias. Even if we check this thread, we are going to find muslims for/against Sheik Gumi but you have managed to see only the ones supporting.

People just don't wake up and start killing people, everybody is going to justify his/hers with reasons. Some kill for their country, some kill for their religion etc. Now my question is why should religion should be seen as more dangerous if killing is the basis, knowing that killing for country has recorded more deaths? I need you to think deeply about this, don't be conditioned to think the way media wants you.
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by seanet01: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
@AkanbiEdu
what sort of fairness should i accord the senseless ediot celebrating the death of some people?
His accusations are not only baseless, they are reckless, irresponsible and docile.
Should i start quoting Quranic verses which prohibits what this Baboon did?
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by seanet01: 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
@Koruji,
Almost everything you said against Iran is Biased.
All those Western propaganda that were first thrown across the world before they Attacked Iraq holds no water anymore.
If there is any nation with reckless brutalism in the World, it is Israel, do you know the number of United Nation Resolutions it is violating on daily basis?
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by koruji(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
There is no point killing in the name of religion.
Everybody should be able to hold their own view and belief about God or no God.

And when someone attacks you because you disagree with their religious views then you will be justified defending yourself.
However, you cannot incite violence, bomb, kill and maim innocent people in the name of religion and then when you are visited with the same violence start talking like Gumi. Were Malians not already muslim enough that they needed to be converted? Were northern Nigerians not muslim enough for BH to want to establish a Taliban state? You have to begin asking yourself these critical questions. BH aims to not only impose a radical form of islam, but wants no non-muslims. What do you think their objective will be if they get their way in northern Nigeria?

Akanbi_edu:

I believe this is called confirmation bias. Even if we check this thread, we are going to find muslims for/against Sheik Gumi but you have managed to see only the ones supporting.

People just don't wake up and start killing people, everybody is going to justify his/hers with reasons. Some kill for their country, some kill for their religion etc. Now my question is why should religion should be seen as more dangerous if killing is the basis, knowing that killing for country has recorded more deaths? I need you to think deeply about this, don't be conditioned to think the way media wants you.

Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by koruji(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
It is not biased - what Iran says and does are open to all.
When Hitler started his plans people did not pay attention till it was too late.
It may appear like empty rhetoric to some, but a serious matter to those on the receiving end.

Israel does has its own share of blame for what is going on in the ME, but on balance (which is no consolation to those suffering) Israel has to take a firm stance.

The problem between Israel and Palestine could be solved easily but for vested interests that keep stoking the flames for their own ends & in the name of religion. Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas and others whose baseline is the removal of Israel from the ME are just as guilty for the suffering of the Palestinians as Israel.

seanet01: @Koruji,
Almost everything you said against Iran is Biased.
All those Western propaganda that were first thrown across the world before they Attacked Iraq holds no water anymore.
If there is any nation with reckless brutalism in the World, it is Israel, do you know the number of United Nation Resolutions it is violating on daily basis?
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by koruji(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
May be I didn't see others, but I acknowledged seanet01's condemnation of Gumi in an earlier post.
The fact remains that most of you have lined up behind Gumi, even as BH may have eliminated one of the most important muslim personalities in northern Nigeria.

Akanbi_edu:

Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by nagoma(m): 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
koruji: May be I didn't see others, but I acknowledged seanet01's condemnation of Gumi in an earlier post.
The fact remains that most of you have lined up behind Gumi, even as BH may have eliminated one of the most important muslim personalities in northern Nigeria.

They have got you where they wanted. What you said on Iran is the kind of rhetoric that your masters want to hear. Your are a Crusades supporter. It is exactly the same rhetorics - WMD etc etc that preceded the invasion of Iraq . As for Gunmi - I told you for the upteenth time to verify that he actually said what Kaduna CAN alledged. Because they have fabricated lies against him in the past. Instead of verifying , you are just calling for his head. It is definitely part of the Ongoing Crusade.
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by seanet01: 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
So Israel is right to destroy people's homes and build its own on it?
In what way is Israel is different from the Apartheid regime of South Africa?
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by seanet01: 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2013
Western Media alias HYPOCRITES
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by yasaa(m): 11:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
koruji: There is a serious problem of vision here - I will continue to say.
All the massive & open evidence of Islamic terrorism are overshadowed in your world by the "evidence" you gather from the rumour mill.

This children of the dead you speak of just woke up in 2009 after one muslim returned from Afghanistan and founded his movement with a location he renamed Afghanistan? It is really sad for people to be so deep into self-deceit.

Emir Bayero had come out strongly to contain Boko Haram and their backers in Kano state, hence the reason BH now targets him - end of story.

I have not seen one of you come out to condemn Boko Haram for attacking Emir Bayero!!!
Instead you come out with another silly excuse, but so eager to stand behind Gumi's dangerous statements.
It is either you guys are too scared, or even more scary, you actually believe this kind of nonsense that come out of your mouth!!!

Was it the children of the dead that went after Nigerian soldiers on their way to Mali?

More thatn 24hrs after the kano deadly attack that claims 3 and injure many on Emir of kano's convoy, neither Jonathan nor his deputy condemned the attack, it can be recalled that when the civil war veteran late General Shuwa was killed in maiduguri last year Jonathan didn't send his condolence to the family though Jonathan honour late Dim Ojukwu with state burial and full military honour, he also attended Ojukwu's burial. Late shuwa fought for the unity of this country while Ojukwu fought against the unity". Source ~Daily Scoop.
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by yasaa(m): 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
koruji: There is a serious problem of vision here - I will continue to say.

More thatn 24hrs after the kano deadly attack that claims 3 and injure many on Emir of kano's convoy, neither Jonathan nor his deputy condemned the attack, it can be recalled that when the civil war veteran late General Shuwa was killed in maiduguri last year Jonathan didn't send his condolence to the family though Jonathan honour late Dim Ojukwu with state burial and full military honour, he also attended Ojukwu's burial. Late shuwa fought for the unity of this country while Ojukwu fought against the unity
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by koruji(m): 12:30am On Jan 21, 2013
What has this got to do with anything we were talking about?
Are you in support of Boko Haram who attacked Emir Bayero or not?
That was the question, not whether somebody paid a condolence visit or not.
Which is more important? Putting down Boko Haram or paying condolence visits to victims of their craziness?

yasaa:
More thatn 24hrs after the kano deadly attack that claims 3 and injure many on Emir of kano's convoy, neither Jonathan nor his deputy condemned the attack, it can be recalled that when the civil war veteran late General Shuwa was killed in maiduguri last year Jonathan didn't send his condolence to the family though Jonathan honour late Dim Ojukwu with state burial and full military honour, he also attended Ojukwu's burial. Late shuwa fought for the unity of this country while Ojukwu fought against the unity". Source ~Daily Scoop.
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by koruji(m): 12:42am On Jan 21, 2013
The Palestine issue has gone past what is right or wrong.
At this point both sides are engaging in wrongful acts.

What is important is which party has a baseline solution of killing off the other?
When one party's main objective is to kill off the other it that starts a race to the bottom.
An orgy of senseless bloodletting and all manner of injustice.
As long as one party has such a baseline, the other party is in a no choice situation.
Let Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah and all the other vested interests take a more moderate position then this issue will be resolved quickly.
Israel attempt to test the waters in the past has been met by even more extreme acts and rhetoric - hence Israel is unlikely to yield first.

Palestine actually has the sympathy of a lot of the world, but as long as their one and only solution involves destroying Israel the latter will continue to do whatever is in its power, no matter how unjust, to protect itself.
Let's not forget that the same types of extremists exist inside Israel, and that if those people had absolute control of the situation it would not be a pretty sight for all involved.
Religions, nations, and any other organizations cannot afford to let itself be led by its most extremist component.
Eye-for-an-eye - soon everybody will be left sightless!!!

seanet01: So Israel is right to destroy people's homes and build its own on it?
In what way is Israel is different from the Apartheid regime of South Africa?
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by seanet01: 4:49am On Jan 21, 2013
On the issue of this Palestine, You are simply biased.
While would you send over 700,000 out of their land, establish a state on same land, and yet refuse to let this people be. On daily basis, Israel is evicting this people from their land and you expect them to stand still?
Doesn't it occur to you that It is only In Hamaz's Gaza strip and Hezebolla's Southern Lebanon where Israel have been faced with bloody Repulsion that you will never hear of Settlement? The f.oolish Fatah that was actually more moderate have their territory, the west bank being sliced away by Israel on daily basis.
Then how do you convince this Hamaz and Hezebolla people that Israel is not actually after their extinction and that they should disarm and embrace peace?
You talked about forgetting the root of this problem or so?
The fact is Israel refuse to yield to the 1948 borderline which is even a an Injustice on this people.
You Christians need to drop your hypocrisy on this issue of Palestine/Israeli crisis, you probably have forgotten that Palestine have more Christians than Israel?
If you people have not been blindly supporting Israel, you will have seen that The Palestinian Christians are also Part and Parcel of Hamaz military wing, they have been part of it since It was founded and have never sabotaged the group. Almost all spies caught by Hamaz have all been Muslims meaning that Palestinian Christians are even much more Determined to protect Gaza strip from Israeli hijacking than The Muslims, the Muslims only provide the necessary Quantity of manpower needed for the group.
The fact is the basis of Israel establishment was wrong, unfair, barbaric, oppressive and highly insulting on the Palestinians and the Whole World need to realize this and apologize to this people. The whole world need to sink it into Israel's head that they were done a favour by their establishment.
Israel want the Palestinian to come over to the negotiating table without any Pre-Demand? What Nonsense?
The hypocrisy in this world have shown the Iranians that they needed a Nuclear weapon.
With the way You christians normally support any Western Oppression of Palestine because of your phantom verses in the bible, the world will never know peace. And there is going to be a time the terrorism issue will reach new dimensions.
What we need is Sincerity.
To my believe Iran is doing well rejecting western countries inspecting their Nuclear facilities.
While has Israel never allowed anybody to inspect their nuclear facilities?
Yet Iran should open up its own facilities?
What hypocrisy?
Israel have nuclear weapons but Iran must not have
What hypocrisy?
I pray that Iran develops a nuclear weapon and balance of power happens in the Middle east.
This World really thrives on Hypocrisy.
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by koruji(m): 6:29am On Jan 21, 2013
All these issues have histories, and those histories and each development over time must be recognized when the Palestine issue is being discussed.
It is just not as simple as you put it, and that simple view is part of the problem.

It is interesting that if we have perfect knowledge of history that some of these Palestinians would probably be descendants of ancient Israelites, but time and religion have separated them, and now they are killing each other off.

The basic fact is that most of the national groups on the planet today were not originally from where they are now located - and it is not even out of the mouth of Arabs that we should hear such things as "who owns the land". They "took over" other people's lands with the islamic conquest, imposing Arab nationalism in the guise of religion - and are still trying to do it till today. So, how many land disputes are we going to settle if everyone were to return to the original land space to which no people living today can lay a claim of first possession. History is history, what could be done is to learn from it and take proactive steps to prevent re-occurrence, but to try to reverse history by violence can only produce violence, blood-letting and all manner of injustice.

The UN had the most reasonable solution to the Palestinian conflict 60+ years ago (see below) - a solution Israel accepted and Palestine rejected. Why did Palestine reject the 1948 agreement? That solution remains the only reasonable one, and until that is recognized we can talk until we are blue in the face about which party is doing wrong this age-old blood-letting will not cease and could ultimately lead to the destruction of our planet. Note the statement by Abbas at the end - as long as Hamas and Hezbollah and Iran and all the other groups, committed to Israel's elimination, remain a threat it is not going to be possible. It is not about christian or muslim - Israelis are neither. Many christians support the Palestinian cause so long as the groups mentioned above are done away with.

Counting on terrorism to take a different dimension is merely dooming our planet - it as simple as that. The threat of terrorism is never going to solve any problem other than cause more bloodshed - that lesson needs to be learnt on all sides. Many of the conflicts on this planet today can be resolved by reason, but BOTH parties must be reasonable.

You talk about Iran. Don't you understand that when push comes to shove Israel will have nothing to lose from an Iranian nuclear arsenal? What is at stake is Iran starting a nuclear arms race in the region. Since Iran hates most of the countries around it those countries will have no choice but to acquire nuclear weapons, and with Hamas, Hezbollah and the like lurking in the shadow it won't be too long before one of those weapons get into their hands. For those who don't mind blowing themselves up it is a short stop to see the blowing up of the planet as the prelude to the arrival of their last prophet. If Israel or the others with a nuclear arsenal smells it or retaliate, whichever comes first, we all go kaboom in a nuclear mushroom!!!

Israel and the rest of the world are not interested in collective suicide which these groups certainly don't mind!!! Hence the need to stop the crazies in Iran that want a nuclear arsenal. Shouldn't the case of Pakistan be a lesson? That country is never going to ever develop because guarding its nuclear arsenal from terrorists will remain an enduring excuse for misrule. Iranian leaders are already known for hailing Hitler and wishing they could do what he did to Israel, so a world not interested in collective suicide must stop them.

The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was a plan for the future government of Palestine. The Plan was described as a Plan of Partition with Economic Union which, after the termination of the British Mandate, would lead to the creation of independent Arab and Jewish States and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem. On 29 November 1947, the General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan as Resolution 181(II).[2]
Part I of the Plan contained provisions dealing with the Termination of the Mandate, Partition and Independence. The Mandate would be terminated as soon as possible and the United Kingdom would withdraw from Palestine no later than the previously announced date of 1 August 1948. The new states would come into existence two months after the withdrawal, but no later than 1 October 1948. The Plan sought to address the conflicting objectives and claims of two competing movements: Arab nationalism and Jewish nationalism (Zionism). Part II of the Plan included a detailed description of the proposed boundaries for each state.[3] The Plan also called for Economic Union between the proposed states, and for the protection of religious and minority rights.
The Plan was accepted by the leaders of the Jewish community in Palestine, through the Jewish Agency.[4][5] The Plan was rejected by leaders of the Arab community, including the Palestinian Arab Higher Committee,[4][6] who were supported in their rejection by the states of the Arab League. The Arab leadership (in and out of Palestine) opposed partition and claimed all of Palestine.[7] The Arabs argued that it violated the rights of the majority of the people in Palestine, which at the time was 65% non-Jewish (1,200,000), and 35% Jewish (650,000),[8] most of them European born,[9] who immigrated in the late 19th and first half of the 20th centuries as a result of the Zionist movement (see Zionism).
Immediately after adoption of the Resolution by the General Assembly, the Civil War broke out.[10] The partition plan was not implemented.[11]
In 2011, Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas stated that the Arab rejection of the partition plan was a mistake he hoped to correct.

seanet01: On the issue of this Palestine, You are simply biased.
While would you send over 700,000 out of their land, establish a state on same land, and yet refuse to let this people be. On daily basis, Israel is evicting this people from their land and you expect them to stand still?
Doesn't it occur to you that It is only In Hamaz's Gaza strip and Hezebolla's Southern Lebanon where Israel have been faced with bloody Repulsion that you will never hear of Settlement? The foolish Fatah that was actually more moderate have their territory, the west bank being sliced away by Israel on daily basis.
Then how do you convince this Hamaz and Hezebolla people that Israel is not actually after their extinction and that they should disarm and embrace peace?
You talked about forgetting the root of this problem or so?
The fact is Israel refuse to yield to the 1948 borderline which is even a an Injustice on this people.
You Christians need to drop your hypocrisy on this issue of Palestine/Israeli crisis, you probably have forgotten that Palestine have more Christians than Israel?
If you people have not been blindly supporting Israel, you will have seen that The Palestinian Christians are also Part and Parcel of Hamaz military wing, they have been part of it since It was founded and have never sabotaged the group. Almost all spies caught by Hamaz have all been Muslims meaning that Palestinian Christians are even much more Determined to protect Gaza strip from Israeli hijacking than The Muslims, the Muslims only provide the necessary Quantity of manpower needed for the group.
The fact is the basis of Israel establishment was wrong, unfair, barbaric, oppressive and highly insulting on the Palestinians and the Whole World need to realize this and apologize to this people. The whole world need to sink it into Israel's head that they were done a favour by their establishment.
Israel want the Palestinian to come over to the negotiating table without any Pre-Demand? What Nonsense?
The hypocrisy in this world have shown the Iranians that they needed a Nuclear weapon.
With the way You christians normally support any Western Oppression of Palestine because of your phantom verses in the bible, the world will never know peace. And there is going to be a time the terrorism issue will reach new dimensions.
What we need is Sincerity.
To my believe Iran is doing well rejecting western countries inspecting their Nuclear facilities.
While has Israel never allowed anybody to inspect their nuclear facilities?
Yet Iran should open up its own facilities?
What hypocrisy?
Israel have nuclear weapons but Iran must not have
What hypocrisy?
I pray that Iran develops a nuclear weapon and balance of power happens in the Middle east.
This World really thrives on Hypocrisy.
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by nagoma(m): 6:36am On Jan 21, 2013
koruji: What has this got to do with anything we were talking about?
Are you in support of Boko Haram who attacked Emir Bayero or not?
That was the question, not whether somebody paid a condolence visit or not.
Which is more important? Putting down Boko Haram or paying condolence visits to victims of their craziness?

I conclude that you are not worth discussing with.. Your statement above is most insensitive, callous and cruel, that pretending to fight BH can stop a leader from sympathizing with his bereaved citizens and community. A community that he failed to protect. I would rather talk to animals. They have more compassion than you and your clueless President. So long! : angry
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by donchris369: 6:58am On Jan 21, 2013
Brother nagoma are you now talking of compassion because an emir was attacked? but i have never seen you talk of compassion all these while that churches have been bombed and church-goers killed. I have never seen you condemned boko haram all this while, oh, because your emir was attacked now there is a word called compassion in your dictionary.
nagoma:

I conclude that you are not worth discussing with.. Your statement above is most insensitive, callous and cruel, that pretending to fight BH can stop a leader from sympathizing with his bereaved citizens and community. A community that he failed to protect. I would rather talk to animals. They have more compassion than you and your clueless President. So long! : angry
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by koruji(m): 7:01am On Jan 21, 2013
Go your way in peace, if you don't understand a statement that basically says "Prevention is better than cure".

What good does it do someone, if instead of preventing a drunk driver from killing a child, kept encouraging him to take the driver's seat, and then showed up at the funeral all broken up. That is the point you need to understand rather than make things up as you go.

Saying prevention is better than cure doesn't mean that cure should not be attempted, but even such cure would be viewed with disdain if the curer is the one responsible for the the ailment. Hence, you cannot line up behind BH and then call other people callous because they point out that it is more important that you condemn BH rather than look for condolences about BH's evils. GEJ will certainly sympathize with Emir Bayero, as many Nigerians are already doing, he is not that foolish - but we know that it will all be for naught if Gumi keeps sitting over there supporting terrorists with his words and authority.

What I would like to see is people like you come out strongly against BH instead of throwing out accusations. I understand how that might be difficult to do since BH has permeated the entire fabric of the region and looking to expand. This might be why Gumi is saying things like this. Emir Bayero spoke out strongly against BH after their last evil bombings in Kano, hence he became their target - instead of facing up to the reality of the creeping evil of BH someone came up with a cock-and-bull story about "Children of the Dead" trying to kill the emir.

nagoma:
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by nagoma(m): 9:34am On Jan 21, 2013
donchris369: Brother nagoma are you now talking of compassion because an emir was attacked? but i have never seen you talk of compassion all these while that churches have been bombed and church-goers killed. I have never seen you condemned boko haram all this while, oh, because your emir was attacked now there is a word called compassion in your dictionary.

Please read my post again. I was talking about compassion from animals, Not from you and your cohort - more inferior beings.
I feel the real pain of BH more than you whose rhetoric is superficial and partisan.
And What do you mean by condemning BH? I fight Boko Haram!!
You have not seen where i condemn BH - You have a challenge with reading? dyslexia has a cure - go find it!
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by seanet01: 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nagoma you know this Emir may just be suffering from the sins of his formers.
The deliberate refusal of past and present Northern Muslims leaders to educate their subjects just to continue to lord over their primitive intelligence is the reason why we have Boko haram today.
Agreed or not?
Anyway i pity the emir.
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by Curious345: 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2021
Fklove:
Yea..deadly disease
this is serious
Re: Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims by lhurd: 8:28am On Apr 07
chosen04:
Police detectives are studying audio and video tapes of the sermons in which Kaduna-based Islamic cleric, Sheik Ahmad Gumi, asserted that the late governor of Kaduna State, Mr. Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa perished along with former National Security Adviser, General Andrew Azazi while strategizing against Northern Nigerian Muslims, a top security operative has told SaharaReporters.

Tens years on a Gumi is still walking free wreaking havoc. This guy should have been dealt with a long time ago. He's a religious bigot. Abeg how did he manage to serve in the NA with this stupid way of thinking?

Gumi allegedly affirmed that Yakowa had been engaging in an anti-Muslim agenda, and that it was therefore necessary to avoid the emergence of non-Muslims as governor of Kaduna State in the future, a point that some senior citizens of Kaduna State raised in a detailed memo in which they expressed concern that Gumi’s weekly sermon was likely to cause serious ethno-religious crisis in Kaduna town.

According to the source, the eminent personalities from Kaduna are of the view in view of the volatile nature of Kaduna State, urgent intervention and consultation has become necessary.

“The prominent people from Kaduna State wrote the memo, and included it with audio and video tapes of Gumi’s preaching,” the source continued. Gumi in one of the tapes, which I will give you the Internet link, indeed said that Yakowa and Azazi died while meeting on anti-Muslim issues. He was also heard in the tape saying that, it was a plan with General Gowon using the burial in Bayelsa as a cover up for them to meet and that is why Yakowa followed Azazi alone without his ADC. Gumi in the audio tape also said that the Muslims of Kaduna State should never allow a situation that will bring about a non-Muslim to be governor, alluding to the fact that it was Allah that did this (crash) for the impending danger being planned against Muslims.”

He said the Kaduna personalities who wrote the petition want action to be taken against any clerics, Muslim or Christian, who preach incitement and hate.

Below is the audio link of the preaching in Hausa: http://dandalinsunnah.com/siyasa5.mp3

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/police-detectives-studying-sheik-gumi%E2%80%99s-allegations-yakowa-and-azazi-perished-while-planni

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President / Amaechi Talks Tough, Said Saturday Will Be Battle Not Election (pics/video) / BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.