Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali (47971 Views)

Brooms Greet President Buhari Arrival In Ghana (Photo) / Finally, Nigerian Troops Bombard Sambisa Forest / Picture: Jonathan's Wife Being Received On Arrival In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Dede1(m): 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
ROSSIKE:

What is this little boy saying? The Malian Turaegs number half a million, half of whom have fled to neighbouring states. The majority population of Mali live in the south. The foreign invader 'rebels' HOLD MORE THAN half the country, (the north) or are laying claim to it. Why don't you go read some background on the situation?

The part in green is what they're claiming as their 'republic'. Including the cities of Timbuktu and Gao!

You really want to grant them this?

You are a silly toddler who could put food in your nose if left alone. I guess you derive joy from foolishly deluding yourself. Please take a look at Mali and the areas under the control of Malian Tuaregs of Berbers who wanted to create Republic of Azawad. The silly number of Tuaregs you quoted can not take over Timbuktu province talk less of defend it.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2013
Dede1:

You are a silly toddler who could put food in your nose if left alone. I guess you derive joy from foolishly deluding yourself. Please take a look at Mali and the areas under the control of Malian Tuaregs of Berbers who wanted to create Republic of Azawad. The silly number of Tuaregs you quoted can not take over Timbuktu province talk less of defend it.

Diversionary insults will get you nowhere. Counter what's been said directly with your own figures, maps, and stats, or accept you're full of crap.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Dede1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Diversionary insults will get you nowhere. Counter what's been said directly with your own figures, maps, and stats, or accept you're full of crap.

What can I tell you when you believed that mere handful of invaders from hell took over the area in green according to the map you posted? If the people from Republic of Azawad wanted to take over entire Mali, it would have completed before now and imperialist contingents made up of Africans and French would have land in Ivory Coast or Burkina Faso to erect a bridgehead.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by nke001: 6:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
Espirit de corps
Aluta continua
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Samabu07(m): 12:42am On Jan 20, 2013
doctokwus: Our things always dfferent& always we appear not to know what to do.Why disembark frm d transport aircraft wt guns @combat positions;d rebels were dfinitely not @ d airport.More organised settings disembark wt guns far off sight& begin to prepare demselves @ d camp
My brother, Naija troops don learn better lesson. After been ambush in Monrovia Int'l Airport and all troops were killed. Ever since soldiers are battle ready kitted. So relax joor.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Humphreydis(m): 2:32am On Jan 20, 2013
Mad Cow: Mali peope don price bad market...

These boys are gonna funk them up so badly, when next they think of war, they will remember Nigerian soldiers, them go park well..

My only fear na the first Nigerian civilian wey these guys go deal with when them return..
.........NL get comedians sha....hahahahaha
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by edoreedore(m): 3:19am On Jan 20, 2013
de-moore:
READY FOR STEALING LOOTING AND RAPING.GOD HAVE MERCY ON MALIANS..
yes, if your mother is there am sure she would be rapped also, mumu
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by dammytosh: 7:28am On Jan 20, 2013
gbrookes02: Proverbs 14:34 "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people." - English Standard Version (©2001).

Psalm 9:17 "The wicked will return to Sheol (that is to destruction and ruin in Hell), Even all the nations who forget God." - New American Standard Bible (©1995).

Nigeria should keep out of Mali and mine their own business in Nigeria, Nigeria have more enough problems to take care of in Nigeria.

When i saw your scripture verses, i was eager to read it but dude, did you type the last sentence above ? Then you must be more than short sighted. Go and read your bible and see how Kings call on other nation to help them out during war. Have you read about the first war Abraham fought ?

Pick your bible dude.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Jakumo(m): 10:06am On Jan 20, 2013
It is interesting to compare the standard-issue weaponry shown in those pictures of Nigerian troops who fought as part of the ECOMOG peace-keeping force in West Africa's brush wars of past decades, with the far more recognizeable assault rifle carried in more recent pictures of Nigerian troops bound for the desert battle-fields of Mali.

The FN-FAL rifle, adopted by Nigeria during the Biafran War of the 1960s, only replaced the ubiquitous Kalashnikov rifle for a brief period of time, before the AK47 was once again selected as the tried and tested infantry rifle of choice for the Nigerian military. Retired engineer Mikhail Kalasnikov, is, amazingly, still alive and in superb health today in 2013, even as his deadly invention kills by the million worldwide.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by youngbu(m): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2013
HK na. Mumu they. Be embarassed
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by mafioso47(m): 11:26am On Jan 20, 2013
doctokwus: Our things always dfferent& always we appear not to know what to do.Why disembark frm d transport aircraft wt guns @combat positions;d rebels were dfinitely not @ d airport.More organised settings disembark wt guns far off sight& begin to prepare demselves @ d camp
I disagree wit yu on this. Do yu know d current security situation in Mali? There is an insurgent islamic Government in place there already declared. And you and I know how wicked and bloody these people are. So I guess d old Boy scout Motto "Be prepared" is operative here.. We lost a soldier to bullet wounds in a camp in Nigeria some months back due to unpreparedness. Kudos to the Nigerian Trops. They always do us proud.. I love the Nigerian Army!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by mafioso47(m): 11:27am On Jan 20, 2013
I disagree wit yu on this.there is nothing like an organised setting.. Soldiers should have a mentality of what they are there to do from the very minute they are called upon for peace keeping operations.. Do yu know d current security situation in Mali? There is an insurgent islamic Government in place there already declared. And you and I know how wicked and bloody these people are. So I guess d old Boy scout Motto "Be prepared" is operative here.. We lost a soldier to bullet wounds in a camp in Nigeria some months back due to unpreparedness. Kudos to the Nigerian Trops. They always do us proud.. I love the Nigerian Army!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by nollywood20: 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
[size=28pt]"The Nigerian Army is in a shocking state," said the source, "in reality there is no way they are capable of forward operations in Mali - their role is more likely to be limited to manning checkpoints and loading trucks.

"The Nigerian forces lack training and kit, so they simply don't have the capability to carry out even basic military manoeuvres. They have poor discipline and support. They are more likely to play a behind-the-scenes role in logistics and providing security."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201301200036.html[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by jpphilips(m): 11:58am On Aug 16, 2013
rooftech: Monrovia 1990 and freetown under sani abacha ,nigeria troops were met by rebels at the airport.

Sani Abacha 1990, re u ok?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by solomon111(m): 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
nollywood20: [size=28pt]"The Nigerian Army is in a shocking state," said the source, "in reality there is no way they are capable of forward operations in Mali - their role is more likely to be limited to manning checkpoints and loading trucks.

"The Nigerian forces lack training and kit, so they simply don't have the capability to carry out even basic military manoeuvres. They have poor discipline and support. They are more likely to play a behind-the-scenes role in logistics and providing security."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201301200036.html[/size]
This report was written by a mischevious ghanian,afua hirsch.
It has already been debunked.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by jpphilips(m): 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2013
solomon111: This report was written by a mischevious ghanian,afua hirsch.
It has already been debunked.

The war has ended was it not what she said eventually happened? the french troops chose to work with the Niger guys leaving our guys behind to be manning check points, are you not aware?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Buhari And Wife In US With 108-Man Delegation Despite Recession / Emir Sanusi And Osinbajo In A Closed-Door Meeting (Photos) / Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.