Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ (7263 Views)

NARUTO Vs Justice League Which Has Stronger Characters? / Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ / Nerd's Paradise **Debate Thread Chat Room** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
Lets get this show started! cheesy

The rules are simple considering its for an exclusive group of people, making the numbers small and easy to manage.

I trust you guys will keep it clean as we wouldn't like to have anyone disqualified. If after a warning a debater continues to attack his opponent with abusive/insulting words, this will lead to an immediate disqualification.

There will be 2 rounds of debating; The opening and finals rounds.

The opening round is open for debaters to introduce the strengths and weakness of their supporting characters in general.

Judges would award points to each of the individual debaters and then there will be a break for 20 mins, to enable the debaters prepare for the next round. Debaters will be paired.

Final round, the paired debaters will only reply to whoever it is they are paired up with and no one else! The first debater to post will tackle the opening post of his paired mate, followed by a rebuttal by the opposition.

The side with the highest scores win.

Team JL should post with BLUE font and Team AV with RED font.

Posting pictures are allowed.

Quoting characters to back up your arguments is very important.

The judges will be basing their judgement and awarding points on:

Content: 5 points

Presentation style/delivery: 5 points

Clarity/fluency: 5 points

Quoting/Referencing: 5 points

Therefore the maximum points a debaters can accrue is 20 points. The side with the highest number of collective individual points, win.

Judges will not interrupt the debate. They would only post individual scores after each round.

The audience can cheer their favorite debater on but NOT allowed to contribute/ask questions in the debate. Irrelevant comments will be deleted!
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
Marvel vs. DC: Epic Battle

Justice League
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash
Martian Manhunter

Avengers
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch

Who will win? Follow the battle here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4kO10Lz9Bo
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
On the debaters side we have:

Team Justice League
Xynerise
Parnassuss

Team Avengers
movementish
Red Moss

Our amazing judges are:
Mynd
Binger
ItsModella
Speedyboi
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
Please make sure you all understand the rules!

Good luck smiley

1 Like

Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by xynerise: 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2013
So whats next? undecided. Can I start? grin
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
I want the judges to show up first

1 Like

Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
Gear on cool cool
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
''I wield the Sword of Truth''
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mynd and Speedyboi left

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by movmentish(m): 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
Xynerise.........hehehehe bring id on
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Mynd44: 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
**panting**

mehn, Mynd reporting for duty. I did not leave ooo. I am here
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ok, lets start with the first round. The others should be here soon.

Xynerise and movementish can start introducing their side whenever they are ready.
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
I'm here oooo.....chei. Can't believe I forgot.
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by xynerise: 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2013
Good evening antelopes viewers, codebater undecided, and all the judges.
My moniker is xynerise and I am here to convince you all that team Justice league is stronger than team Avengers.

First and foremost, Let me describe the abilities of each of the character of Justice league.

Superman
A krytonite whose planet was destroyed as a result of an accident with the sun(I guess). His superb abilities is incredible as he is popularly called "The man of Steel". He is as fast as the speed of light with a breathe as cold as planet pluto grin. His skin is as strong as metal, that means nothing on earth can penetrate his skin. He produces laser flames from his eyes. Flames that can set a whole building on fire. Superman is Immortal as far as earth is concern(Can you beat that?). I will pair this lad with HULK.

Wonder Woman
Her name is Princess Diana from the Amazon. Dont underestimate the power of this beautiful woman for she also shares some abilities with Superman(strength and flying abilites). I love her outfit(so hot grin). She also uses a lasso like a cowboy. I pair her with SCARLET WITCH.

Martian Mindhunter
His name is John. This scary looking cool dude is another lad you should not underestimate his power. He reads mind and can walk through walls, machines, and even humans. He can destroy a power plant by just walking through it(I pity Iron Man grin). I pair him with IRON MAN.

Flash
His name is Barry. This guy is always Frivolous but you dare not underestimate his speed abilities. Just like the speed of Superman, it is measured to be the speed of light. I pair him with CAPTAIN AMERICA.

Green Lantern
His name is Hal Jo. This dude can form anything with his mystical ring. He can lift a whole building with his ring. I respect this dude. I pair him with THOR.

Batman
The only earthling in the Justice league. His name is Bruce. A scientist who always get the solution to any problem. His is also good in Martial Art. I pair him with HAWKEYE.

With the above mentioned abilities, I think Avengers can not stand the Justice League. Thank you cool

Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 6:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
NEXT!

Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
Just got out of Carwash! Be right back!
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by EzePromoe: 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
ijebabe: NEXT!
I know you'll definitely hide my post.
HATER tongue
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
Hulk!
The Hulk possesses the potential for limitless physical strength [/b]depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger.[57] This has been reflected in the repeated comment, "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets." After probing, the entity [b]Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk's potential strength had "no finite element inside."
I want you guys to see the bolded in the quoted! THe beyonder himself said this
Here is another bolded for those of you who do not know who the beyonder is

Although not native to this dimension, the Beyonder was one of the absolute strongest and most powerful beings ever to exist.He once destroyed a galaxy on a whim to meet his needs.The Beyonder could endow himself with a corporeal form of practically limitless strength and endurance
Even gods know of his strength

I got this from DC's own website

As originally conceived and presented in his early stories, Superman's powers were relatively limited, consisting of superhuman strength that allowed him to lift a car over his head, run at amazing speeds and leap one-eighth of a mile (writers gradually increased his powers to flying), as well as an incredibly dense body structure that could be pierced by nothing less than an exploding artillery shell

Can this dude really face the power of the HUlk! I present you with pure facts. I didnt write this myself, the makers of the characters did!
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by movmentish(m): 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
Gimme 5 plz,my ba3 is low and I'll have to type using a fone,forgive me plz
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
OK.

I haven't seen Parnassuss anywhere yet
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
Hulk has literally been known to tear a planet apart! Core and mantle and all, he literally rips the planet apart. Limb and and all, he rips it all apart.
Superman fans should please tell us what Superman can do to the equivalent
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by xynerise: 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2013
@Ijebabe. How many post per round?
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by movmentish(m): 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2013
Avengers
And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born—to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand!
Hawkeye;
While Hawkeye has no superhuman powers (with the exception of the period when using Pym particles to become Goliath), he is at the very peak of human conditioning; he is an exceptional fencer, acrobat and a grandmaster marksman, having been trained from childhood in the circus and by the criminals Trick Shot and Swordsman. This includes considerable strength, as a supervillain found out when he tried to use the superhero's 250 pounds-force (1,100 newtons) draw weight bow and found that he could not draw back the string to launch an arrow.
Hawkeye has also been thoroughly trained by Captain America in tactics, martial arts, and hand-to-hand combat. Hawkeye excels in the use of ranged weapons, especially the bow and arrow, and carries a quiver containing a number of customized "trick arrows". In his role as Ronin, Barton shows great proficiency with the katana and other melee weapons. He has gained a reputation for being able to "turn any object into a weapon", and has been seen using items such as tin plates, coins, sticks and other debris to great effect against his enemies.
Hawkeye is also known to use a "Sky-Cycle" as his mode of transportation. The Sky-Cycle is modelled after a commercial snowmobile and is fitted with anti-gravitational technology. It is voice operated and has an auto-pilot steering system. The original Sky-Cycle was custom made for Hawkeye by Jorge Latham while he was employed by Cross Technological Enterprises. Latham was later employed by the West Coast Avengers and built several more.
Thor;
Abilities;Superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, and longevity
Healing factor
Abilities via Mjolnir Energy absorption & projection
Weather manipulation,Dimensional transportation,Electric manipulation,Like all Asgardians, Thor is incredibly long-lived and relies upon periodic consumption of the Golden Apples of Idunn to sustain his extended lifespan, which to date has lasted many millennia. Being the son of Odin and the elder goddess Gaea, Thor is physically the strongest of the Asgardians. If pressed in battle, Thor is also capable of entering into a state known as the "Warrior's Madness" ("berserkergang" in Norwegian), which will temporarily increase his strength and stamina tenfold, although in this state he attacks friend and foe alike.
Thor possesses a very high resistance to physical injury that approaches invulnerability. Thor also possesses keen senses that allows him to track objects traveling faster than light and hear cries from the other side of the planet. Thor has the ability to travel through time. His stamina allowed him to battle the entire Frost Giant army for nine months without any sustenance or rest; Thor also has the ability to regenerate wounded portions of his body,including entire limbs or organs, with the aid of magical forces like Mjolnir, Thor has superhuman speed, agility, and reflexes, enabling him to deflect bullets with his hammer. Like all Asgardians he has immunity to all Earthly diseases and some resistance to magic. However, exceptionally powerful magic can overwhelm Odin's enchantment that transforms him between Asgardian and mortal forms.
As the Norse god of Thunder, Thor can summon the elements of the storm (lightning; rain; wind; snow) and uses Mjolnir as a tool to focus this ability, although the hammer cannot command artificial weather, only natural. He can cause these weather effects all over the world and destroy entire buildings; by whirling his hammer he can also lift entire buildings with the wind. As the son of the Earth goddess Gaea, Thor has shown some control over the Earth.
Thor is a superb hand-to-hand combatant, and is skilled in armed combat, excelling in the use of the war hammer, sword, axe and mace. Thor possesses two items which assist him in combat: the enchanted Belt of Strength, and his signature weapon, the mystical hammer Mjolnir. The first item doubles Thor's strength and endurance while the second is used to control his weather abilities; flight; energy projection and absorption; dimensional travel; matter manipulation and the most powerful of his offensives, the God Blast (which taps into Thor's life force),the Thermo-blast,and the Anti-Force (which counteracts another force). Using Mjolnir by throwing in the desired direction and then holding on to the handle's leather loop, Thor can also fly at supersonic speeds in Earth's atmosphere and travel faster than light in space. When Thor has to transport companions and/or objects to a destination by himself, he has a chariot drawn by two huge mystical goats called Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder that can fly nearly anywhere he desires almost as easily as with Mjolnir. He can throw an object out of Earth's atmosphere using his strength,and throw his hammer to Asgard from where it will return.
When Mjolnir was damaged, Doctor Strange bound Thor's soul into Mjolnir, meaning that if the hammer were to be broken again, Thor may also die
CAPTAIN AMERICA
Peak physical and mental conditioning,Near superhuman strength, speed, healing, and stamina,Enhanced reflexes, senses, and durability,Expert acrobat, tactician, and marksman,Master martial artist,Excellent field commander,Wields his vibranium-steel alloy shield with hyperkinetic senses
Captain America has no superhuman powers, although as a result of the Super-Soldier Serum and "Vita-Ray" treatment, he is transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning. Captain America's strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, durability, and healing are at the zenith of natural human potential. Rogers' body regularly replenishes the super-soldier serum; it does not wear off.
The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being. This accounts for many of his extraordinary feats, including bench pressing 1200 pounds (545 kg) and running a mile (1.6 km) in 73 seconds (49 mph/78 kph). Furthermore, his enhancements are the reason why he was able to survive being frozen in suspended animation for decades. Rogers cannot become intoxicated by drugs, including alcohol, or by impurities in the air and is immune to terrestrial diseases. He is also highly resistant to hypnosis or gases that could limit his focus. The secrets of creating a super-soldier were lost with the death of its creator, Dr. Abraham Erskine. However, in the ensuing decades there have been numerous secret attempts to recreate Erskine's treatment, only to have them end in failure. Even worse, the attempts have instead often created psychopathic supervillains of which Captain America's 1950s imitator and Nuke are the most notorious examples.
Rogers' battle experience and training make him an expert tactician and an excellent field commander, with his teammates frequently deferring to his orders in battle. Thor has stated that Rogers is one of the very few humans he will take orders from and follow "through the gates of Hades". Rogers' reflexes and senses are also extraordinarily keen. He has blended judo, western boxing, kickboxing, and gymnastics into his own unique fighting style and is a master of multiple martial arts. Years of practice with his near-indestructible shield make him able to aim and throw it with almost unerring accuracy. His skill with his shield is such that he can attack multiple targets in succession with a single throw or even cause a boomerang-like return from a throw to attack an enemy from behind. In canon, he is regarded by other skilled fighters as one of the best hand-to-hand combatants in the Marvel Universe, limited only by his human physique. Although the super-soldier serum is an important part of his strength, Rogers has shown himself still sufficiently capable against stronger opponents, even when the serum has been deactivated reverting him to his pre-Captain America physique.
Rogers has vast U.S. military knowledge and is often shown to be familiar with ongoing, classified Defense Department operations. He is an expert in combat strategy, survival, acrobatics, military strategy, piloting, and demolitions. Despite his high profile as one of the world's most popular and recognizable superheroes, Rogers also has a broad understanding of the espionage community, largely through his ongoing relationship with S.H.I.E.L.D. He is a talented artist, and has worked on the Captain America comic book published in the Marvel universe. Other career fields include commercial arts, teaching high school history, and law enforcement.
Although he lacks superhuman strength, Captain America is one of the few mortal beings who has been deemed worthy enough to wield Thor's hammer Mjolnir.
Weapons and equipment: Captain America's shield
Captain America uses several shields throughout his history, the most prevalent of which is a nigh-indestructible disc-shaped shield made from an experimental alloy of steel and the fictional vibranium. The shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government, from orders of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. This alloy was created by accident and never duplicated, although efforts to reverse-engineer it resulted in the discovery of adamantium.
Captain America often uses his shield as an offensive throwing weapon.
When without his trademark shield, Captain America sometimes uses other shields made from less durable metals such as steel,or even a photonic energy shield designed to mimic a vibranium matrix. Rogers, having relinquished his regular shield to Barnes, carried a variant of the energy shield which can be used with either arm, and used to either block attacks or as an improvised offensive weapon able to cut through metal with relative ease. Much like his vibranium shield, the energy shield can also be thrown, including ricocheting off multiple surfaces and returning to his hand.
Captain America's uniform is made of a fire-retardant material, and he wears a lightweight, bulletproof "duralumin" scale armor beneath his uniform for added protection. Originally, Rogers' mask was a separate piece of material, but an early engagement had it dislodged, thus almost exposing his identity. To prevent a recurrence of the situation, Rogers modified the mask with connecting material to his uniform, an added benefit of which was extending his armor to cover his previously exposed neck. As a member of the Avengers, Rogers has an Avengers priority card, which serves as a communications device.
Captain America has also used a custom specialized motorcycle, modified by the S.H.I.E.L.D. weapons laboratory, as well as a custom-built battle van, constructed by the Wakanda Design Group with the ability to change its color for disguise purposes (red, white and blue), and fitted to store and conceal the custom motorcycle in its rear section with a frame that allows Rogers to launch from the vehicle riding it.
SCARLET WITCH
The Scarlet Witch is a mutant who had the ability to manipulate probability via her "hexes" (often manifesting physically as "hex spheres" or "hex bolts"wink. These hexes are relatively short range, and are limited to her line of sight. Casting a hex requires a gesture and concentration on her part, though the gestures are largely a focus for the concentration and despite this precision, the hexes are not necessarily guaranteed to work, particularly if Wanda is tired or using her powers excessively. If overextended, Wanda's hexes can backfire, causing probability to work against her wishes or to undo previous hexes. Early in her career, her hexes were unconscious on her part, and would be automatically triggered whenever she made a particular gesture, regardless of her intent. These hexes would only manifest "bad luck" effects. She later gained enough control over her powers that her powers only work when she wants them to, and they are not limited to negative effects. She can use her hexes to light flammable objects, contain or remove air from a particular volume, deflect objects, stop the momentum of projectiles, open doors, explode objects, create force fields and deflect magical attacks, etc. The effects are varied but almost always detrimental to opponents, such as causing the artifact the Evil Eye to work against inter-dimensional warlord Dormammu,the robot Ultron to short circuit,or a gas main underneath the Brotherhood of Mutants to explode. Wanda is an expert combatant having been trained by both Captain America and Hawkeye, as well as being an adept tactician due to her years of experience working as an Avenger and her experience in a variety of combat situations. The Scarlet Witch also has the potential to wield magic and later learned that she was destined to serve the role of Nexus Being, a living focal point for the Earth dimension's mystical energy. Wanda's power to alter reality was spawned from the combination of her natural mutant abilities to affect probability and Chaos Magic. Because of the nature of her powers, she does not possess certain limitations like other reality warpers such as Mad Jim Jaspers who needs existing reality to use his powers. Her powers which stemmed out from the ability to manipulate probabilities suggest that she does not need existing matter to warp reality, only possibilities which are endless. It must also be noted that the Scarlet Witch is responsible for the resurrection of Mad Jim Jaspers which happened when her powers altered reality.
She also has a degree of resistance to the Phoenix Force and can also cause pain to its hosts, such as Cyclops when he tried to stop Hope from going with her. Although this becomes less effective as the Phoenix Force portions are divided among those who have not yet been defeated.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2013
xynerise:
Superman
Superman is Immortal as far as earth is concern(Can you beat that?). I will pair this lad with HULK.
)
See this below
Superman (vol. 2) #75, wherein both Doomsday and Superman beat each other to death in front of the Daily Planet building in Metropolis.
In 1992 Superman was killed by the villain Doomsday,[86] although the character was soon resurrected the following year.[
Guy! Supes has been killed before!
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 7:55pm On Jan 19, 2013
xynerise: @Ijebabe. How many post per round?
ONE post this round. Next round is open.
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 7:55pm On Jan 19, 2013
movmentish: Avengers
And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Aveng
What is this? shocked shocked shocked
Guy! Its too long na!
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 7:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
Red Moss, chill. This is only the introduction, next round is open for actual debate smiley

Please stick to the colour given to your team. Read the first post on this thread if you are unclear.

JL - Blue font
AV - Red font
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 19, 2013
won't we post scores?
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
So I am paired with parnassus? Is that right?
Re: Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 8:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
If he shows up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

P-square Buys Private Jet Now Riches African Artist In West Africa / Best Portrait Artist In Lagos Nigeria / Pictures From Felabration 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.