Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Travel Insurance For Nigerians? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Insurance For Nigerians? (20354 Views)

Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July / Health Insurance For Study Purposes In Hungary (urgent) / Need Information On Travel Insurance For Schengen Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by ogb5(m): 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2008
I need to know. where can one purchase travel insurance, I have someone going to the Netherlands and they are asking for travel insurance at the dutch embassy.

I want it cheap.
I prefer Nigerian company if possible, as long as it will be accepted at the embassy.
The person has good health history, so most likely we are wasting the money.

Quick reply needed.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by dee02(m): 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2008
well it is standard most european countries u are visiting nowadays and infact it has been for a while-for u to have a travel insurance
whether u have veneral disease or HIV or a clean bill of health, u have to get one
you may find it difficult to procure one beyond the shores of naija tho but my advice is you can visit top travel agencies around Ikoyi and Victoria Island as they would have an idea

goodluck with it
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2008
travel insurance HMMMMMMMM
make sure Osama or some osamoid folks no dey ya plane. grin
That's the best insurance you need
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by cyclopxdan(m): 12:06am On Mar 02, 2008
@nwando, yu dey funny, who says na him type osama dey fine, way bush dey there?any way as he said make sure osamaist them no dey there.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by naijaking1: 12:15am On Mar 02, 2008
Which kin travel insurance for real.

Insurance against highway robbers, bad roads, or vehicle breakdown and delays?
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by oziomatv(m): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2008
Abi na muolua dem wan take travel ?
tell them sey oji ofor ga ana.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by choco4life(m): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2008
Naija man no need travel insurance
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by SignorZax: 12:11pm On Mar 02, 2008
Simple! go ya Village go collect Bendel Insurance from Baba. Uhm um hmm!!!
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by Amuke(m): 12:59pm On Mar 02, 2008
I live in Ireland and when my mum visited last year i insisted that my relatives procured Travel Insurance for her before departing. It was not needed for the visa, but after getting the visa i insisted they procured one, they thought i was crazy for "wasting" that money. Many of them did not even know what it was all about.
They were surprised to find out that our insurance companies offered such services. You just need to ask. We got her covered by IGI, there were other options, but please read between the lines.
So just contact insurance companies & ask, or ask travel agencies, they may derect you better.
I believe it is something that one should not overlook, especially if old people are travelling, if any of them happen to get ill while visiting here and you are left to foot their medical bills, it may run one into debts.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by steeee(m): 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2008
Please go to the embassy so u will not be turn back at schipol Airport
Embassy recommeds Insurance companies that are affilated to them so how
so just ask with the embassy
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by ogb5(m): 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2008
Thanks for all the replies.
Signor Zax:

Simple! go ya Village go collect Bendel Insurance from Baba. Uhm um hmm!!!

I nor come from village, I bi city boy. No baba there

Amuke:

They were surprised to find out that our insurance companies offered such services. You just need to ask. We got her covered by IGI, there were other options, but please read between the lines.
So just contact insurance companies & ask, or ask travel agencies, they may derect you better.
I believe it is something that one should not overlook, especially if old people are travelling, if any of them happen to get ill while visiting here and you are left to foot their medical bills, it may run one into debts.

Thanks, we will speak to our insurance and see what they have. else we will try IGI

steeee:

Please go to the embassy so u will not be turn back at schipol Airport
Embassy recommeds Insurance companies that are affilated to them so how
so just ask with the embassy

No, I will find the Coy I like and tell the embassy thats what I want. Am the client so i should choose. If they disagree I will sue them to the ICJ, in the Hague. grin

choco4life:

Naija man no need travel insurance
It depends, If you wan swim across Meditterenian, you nor need insurance, but to pass schipol, you need.

Insurance against highway robbers, bad roads, or vehicle breakdown and delays?

No, Insurance against cold and all the things e fit cause.

nwando:

travel insurance HMMMMMMMM
make sure Osama or some osamoid folks no dey ya plane. grin
That's the best insurance you need
We dey look for Osama, The amount wen dey for that guy head na billions. abeg tell am to come.

oziomatv:

Abi na muolua them wan take travel ?
tell them sey oji ofor ga ana.
I go remember you when someone dey look 4 clown, remind me. No vex o

Any way thanks to all of you, I know I will always get response here.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by Yemialoyin(m): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2008
@ poster,

kindly contact me on 0803 052 1202 or 01 892 3583.

i work with the best insurance company in Nigeria--- GUARANTY TRUST ASSURANCE PLC, a subsidiary of GTBANK PLC.

Hoping to hear from you soon.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by ayomifull(f): 3:41pm On Mar 03, 2008
There are lots of things we do take for granted. Travel insurance is quite neccesary the only pity there is if it really work in Nigeria. About 2 years ago my cousin travelled from France to Nigeria and paid just about €55 for travel insurance the very day he got to Nigeria he had an accident and his arm was to be amputated, they quickly called the insurance company in France a doctor was flown to Nigeria and he was flown back with the doctor 2 days later, just for €55. If he didnt have insurance his arm would have been amputated, it took him over a year before he could use the arm but all the expensis was paid by the insurance company, that medical bill would have almost ruined him. Its really worth it but like i said i don't know how beneficial it is in our dear country.

As for where you can get ask Mr know it all-Google

2 Likes

Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by seeker(m): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2008
You can use Unitrust (Same building that houses Standard Chartered Bank) on Ajose Adeogun, V/I.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by angelboi: 6:53pm On Mar 03, 2008
hey call me on 018742111 i work with a reputable insurance company favorable rates
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by tlops(m): 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2008
ayomifull:

About 2 years ago my cousin travelled from France to Nigeria and paid just about €55 for travel insurance the very day he got to Nigeria he had an accident and his arm was to be amputated,

Nna meen shocked shocked
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by kenflipper(m): 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2008
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by whaifih(f): 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2008
you can get travel insurance from Niger Insurance Plc. we have branches all over the country.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by sfdaram(f): 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2008
@ poster

solape is my name, i manage HEROS TRAVEL & TOURISM LTD. lasuwon estate off ishagamu road ikorodu ,lagos.

our services include;
airline booking
e- ticket
health/ travel insurance
hotel reservation
dubai visa procurement

we have been appionted to issue out health issurance by one of the embassy recognised insurance companies.

pls note dat embasies only recognise / accept health insurance from few selected insurance companies,not from all of them so dont just go & pick up travel insurance from unaaceptable insurance company. u can be refused visa for dat.

the rate varies depend on the month the applicant is applying for.

u can reach us on 01-8515371 or 08028315014

good luck.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by seefar: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2008
i strongly feel it's about time that we start looking at taking travel insurance seriously in this country.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by pahtahkee: 10:47pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ Poster,

Sorry I missed this topic much earlier. I hope you know you cannot just get any insurance from just any company like that in Nigeria. You will have to make enquiries with the Dutch embassy in Abuja to find out which insurance companies are recognized with them. Or else you might end-up losing in a double way.

All the best.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by ogb5(m): 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2008
Thanks to all who responded.
We got insurance from Unichealth Travel Assist in Lagos, and as if on cue, the insurance was what the immigration guy wanted to see at schipol.

The good thing is that everything has gone well till date.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by sfdaram(f): 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2008
@ poster

yes that is good, unic insurance is one of the insurance company accepted by embassies.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by williamgeo: 6:35am On Dec 23, 2008
The Nigerian Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS or Scheme) was one of the first projects created by former president Olusegun Obasanjo when he became the civilian President in 1999. Written into law that year, the program was further expanded via legislative provisions in 2004 and finally launched in 2005. Since then, the program has apparently disbursed over N23 billion to registered health care providers participating in the plan. The Scheme now covers 3 million Nigerians and according to the NHIS Director, Dogo Mohammed, all Nigerians will have universal insurance coverage in 2015.
-----------
george
Travel Deals
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 23, 2008
ogb5:

I need to know. where can one purchase travel insurance, I have someone going to the Netherlands and they are asking for travel insurance at the dutch embassy.

I want it cheap.
I prefer Nigerian company if possible, as long as it will be accepted at the embassy.
The person has good health history, so most likely we are wasting the money.

Quick reply needed.

Good health has little to do with travel insurance.

It covers against other things too, such as loss of luggage, loss of travel documents, hotel cancellations, accidents etc.

It's a bit irresponsible to opt not to take out travel insurance, regardless of where you're travelling to.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by mafiaguy: 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2009
Please people, When they say travel insurance, does it mean you will go through some health test before it is been given? And some travel insurance are said to cover cost of 30,000 euros. How would the insurance company charge that on you?
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by AjanleKoko: 9:40am On Nov 28, 2009
All the Shengen countries have mandatory travel insurance as a requirement.
You don't need to do anything, just contact AIICO or IGI or another of those big insurance companies in naija. The embassy would usually have a list of recognised insurance companies, the ones that have affiliates that are recognised in their home countries.
For individuals it costs maybe around 12k and for family, maybe 30k or so.
No medical test required.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by mafiaguy: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2009
Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2009
it depends on how many weeks or months u want .you can contact us on this number08033246961 or visit our website www.ymstravelsandtours.com
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by soldee: 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2009
You can obtain international travel insurance from any of the HMO's in Nigeria like Hyegia, Zenith Medicare, etc. In fact, most Banks have HMO's that run and offer such services. Goodluck!
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by kay8080: 9:01am On Mar 19, 2011
Well you can obtain your travel insurance policy from LASACO ASSURANCE PLC, call 08057365864 for more details
Re: Travel Insurance For Nigerians? by isseke: 11:27am On Mar 19, 2011
Visit soverigntrust insurance plc adetokumbo ademola in v.I am sure they have insurance policy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Mosts: / Equatorial Guinea / Second Batch Of 319 Nigerians Depart South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.