Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars (39738 Views)

Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) / Yoruba Movie Stars Campaign For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) / Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 4:03am On Jan 23, 2013
coogar:

see these clowns comparing olu iacobs to upstarts like eniola badmus or femi brainard. olu jacobs fathered the entire nigerian movie scene - this dude actually went to a drama school abroad - never compare him to the ones forced to the industry because of the nigerian austerity or mass unemployment. it's a privilege to the igbo marketers to have olu jacobs as "igwe" - his pedigree is unparalleled in the whole of nigeria.....

See how you defeat your own argument as usual
I bet you can't even remember your previous line about Igbos not allowing Yoruba actors meanwhile mentioning Delta producers as Igbo
So now they do?
Hehehehehe
Confusion
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 23, 2013
coogar:

except that funke akindele is predominantly a yoruwood actress and she has sold more movies than omotola jalade. funke has also made more money than omotola. the only thing omotola has ahead of funke is longevity in the industry. yoruba movies sell very well.

Funke Akindele is the one eyed man in a sea of the blind figuratively speaking
A one hit wonder
Don't even compare her to omotola
She doesn't come close

Yoruba movies sell for where?
This article says they are making peanuts comparatively,that is the whole essence of the write up
To highlight that fact but you seem to know better
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Candybob(m): 5:02am On Jan 23, 2013
Freiburger: I just can't buy this analysis.
Sorry bros.. But the analysis is even exaggarated! Well the Op wrote of top stars... But if u as a 'novice' where to be given a role, the standard pay is '5k a month'!!!

1 Like

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by mart2kk: 5:25am On Jan 23, 2013
jiggaz: Its not so in English Nollywood oo. A top Nollywood actor like Jim Iyke or Genevieve might be paid between N800,000 to N1million to appear in a movie. Somebody like Tonto Dike will be collecting from N400,000 upwards + Runs. Infact, why the Nollywood English actresses are richer than their male counterparts is becos of these Abuja Runs. A politician is ready to pay dem as high as N1million to sleep with dem per runs. Multiply dat by 6 and u will see why they live posh lifestyles. Its just a pity dat their Yoruba counterparts are not lucky to be enjoying those luxuries cos they are not popular enough except for Funke. Their popularity ends in the South West & most of dem no go school.
in yoruba land, nobody will ever want his/her daughter /son 2 become an actor /actress. so,d so called profession is left 4 those who could nt pursue their academic carrier while only few of them are graduate bt dt is nt d reason 4 their low pay. one thing u fail 2 understand is dt these people many times involved in what i call scratch my back make i scratch urs 2.i wl work 4 u 4 free or small tokens n u reciprocate when it comes 2 my turn
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by djsmoothy: 5:46am On Jan 23, 2013
spiderstone: Thats why most of the female actresses end up doing both Local and International ASHAWO to meet up with their fake lifestyle...checkout their male counterpart...how many have gotten personal house,they all look glamorous on the screen in borrowed costumes and in real life look filthy with some of them battling ezcema behing the neck..on their cheeks and very untidy....Govt need to do something to help NOLLYWOOD...and the artist also need to live according to their means and safe for the future.
Bro why does gov have. To do everything for us it is upto the people that watch these movies to pay good money then actors and everyone can get good pay gove does not need to do everything for us because the one they are meant to do they have not done it. Road, light, food, education etc
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 23, 2013
Candybob:
Sorry bros.. But the analysis is even exaggarated! Well the Op wrote of top stars... But if u as a 'novice' where to be given a role, the standard pay is '5k a month'!!!
Just had to like this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 23, 2013
Well @ topic, what else do you expect in a country where things are really tight, the producers have to make their own money first before becoming Santa Claus. Funke Akindele had a better start to her acting career(I need to Know:TV series), I think;I do not follow Nigerian movies except the occasional movie shown on TV. I noticed a lot of arguments on this thread were accentuated by the thoughts of posters thinking better days should be around. I recall about 15 years ago or thereabout there was news of one of KWAM 1's band members caught with drugs, this year some other musician's(KSA) band member was caught, last year Baba suwe was accused of ingesting drugs,Surely like Onegai noted the lifestyle of those involved in showbiz must be a real pressure on them to spend big and ''keep up with the Jones''.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2013
coogar:

see these clowns comparing olu iacobs to upstarts like eniola badmus or femi brainard. olu jacobs fathered the entire nigerian movie scene - this dude actually went to a drama school abroad - never compare him to the ones forced to the industry because of the nigerian austerity or mass unemployment. it's a privilege to the igbo marketers to have olu jacobs as "igwe" - his pedigree is unparalleled in the whole of nigeria.....
Can we not drag tribalism into dis thing now as ur ppl have been itching to. Priviledge my foot. He is not beta dan any person dt acts igwe @ all. But like i said, lets leave iyanga to sleep
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by deviduff(m): 2:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
black_beau: Eh ya.they should go into buisness .sell akara and bread
That's what u r presently doing?
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by coogar: 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
babyosisi:

See how you defeat your own argument as usual
I bet you can't even remember your previous line about Igbos not allowing Yoruba actors meanwhile mentioning Delta producers as Igbo
So now they do?
Hehehehehe
Confusion

your logical reasoning tends to go backwards....
i quoted 3 yoruba actors/actresses screaming they were marginalized by tribalism and you are still yapping your mouth. igbos dont allow yoruba actors in their movies. olu jacobs is a sacred cow. he's a seasoned actor, he has acted in few western movies and there's nothing about his name that is yorubaish unlike the other acts who claimed they were told to add igbo names to funkify their names so that igbo marketers would be interested in them. why do you always argue against logic?

babyosisi:
Funke Akindele is the one eyed man in a sea of the blind figuratively speaking
A one hit wonder
Don't even compare her to omotola
She doesn't come close

Yoruba movies sell for where?
This article says they are making peanuts comparatively,that is the whole essence of the write up
To highlight that fact but you seem to know better

what about faithia balogun? she's also a one-eyed man in a sea of blind.
omotola cannot even come close to these peops in terms of sales and the money they have made from the industry. how many movies has omotola featured in? how much has she made from making movies? you are clueless about these things - stick to your fresh prince or the new masquerade and leave yoruba movies for the people who know what obtains.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by toygod2: 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by CGKing(m): 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yoruba movies usually have no creativity. Why would anyone want to pay to watch them? It's all juju and witchcraft nonsense. And when its not about thé diabolical, they just romance and fight all through the movie. (yarn!) I think they select actors based on panic skills, shouting and shrieking skills and quarreling .skills
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 27, 2013
Okay, i re-read this post, and i realized it shouldnt be taken seriously. Why?
1. He lied about the payment omotola gets. Which means he might just be lying about the others as well. It seems the writer doesnt even follow the industry at all.

2. He said yoruba actors; I thought he was refering to the guys who act in yoruba films; then i saw omotola and funke (whom i've seen in english movies). Then i thought the author was refering to actors of yoruba decent; then again i saw ramsey nouah, rukky sanda, desmond elliot, olu jacobs, joke silver, femi brainard, funmi holder, bimbo manuel etc were all absent. It was at this point i figured out this write up is just a pack of hypocrisy and bul/lshit!!!

3. To top it all, i saw kunle afolayan in the picture collection! shocked. I was like are you kidding me? undecided. Thats one heck of a producer the industry holds tight, and he is 100 times more valuable than most nollywood producers and actors combined. Infact, the writer is such an idi/ot!!! Believe this bs at your own risk
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

your logical reasoning tends to go backwards....
i quoted 3 yoruba actors/actresses screaming they were marginalized by tribalism and you are still yapping your mouth. igbos dont allow yoruba actors in their movies. olu jacobs is a sacred cow. he's a seasoned actor, he has acted in few western movies and there's nothing about his name that is yorubaish unlike the other acts who claimed they were told to add igbo names to funkify their names so that igbo marketers would be interested in them. why do you always argue against logic?

what about faithia balogun? she's also a one-eyed man in a sea of blind.
omotola cannot even come close to these peops in terms of sales and the money they have made from the industry. how many movies has omotola featured in? how much has she made from making movies? you are clueless about these things - stick to your fresh prince or the new masquerade and leave yoruba movies for the people who know what obtains.

Continue arguing in circles
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by MizEmerald(f): 10:34am On Jan 27, 2013
GUN_SLINGER:

No need to pay yorouba actors and actresses much money cuz they can earn extra income through da talent we all know dis tribe is made of. Eg Armed robbery, drugs, etc.................. grin angry grin grin sad angry
u're very stupid for dat statement,offspring of a mad woman,Gun slinger, d law will soon catch up wit u,omo ale jati jati
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
speedyboi: Okay, i re-read this post, and i realized it shouldnt be taken seriously. Why?
1. He lied about the payment omotola gets. Which means he might just be lying about the others as well. It seems the writer doesnt even follow the industry at all.

2. He said yoruba actors; I thought he was refering to the guys who act in yoruba films; then i saw omotola and funke (whom i've seen in english movies). Then i thought the author was refering to actors of yoruba decent; then again i saw ramsey nouah, rukky sanda, desmond elliot, olu jacobs, joke silver, femi brainard, funmi holder, bimbo manuel etc were all absent. It was at this point i figured out this write up is just a pack of hypocrisy and bul/lshit!!!

3. To top it all, i saw kunle afolayan in the picture collection! shocked. I was like are you kidding me? undecided. Thats one heck of a producer the industry holds tight, and he is 100 times more valuable than most nollywood producers and actors combined. Infact, the writer is such an idi/ot!!! Believe this bs at your own risk
Wat exactly is ur confusion?
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 28, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Wat exactly is ur confusion?
im not confused, the author of the article obviously is; or rather he is just a dumb fella. If you can't decipher that simple point from my post, then you are as confused as the author! Kapish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dj Cuppy Acquires A Brand New Specially Built Rolls Royce (Photos) / Video Of Teni Cursing A White Man In Los Angeles / Mercy Johnson Brings Mr Ibu & Top Nollywood Stars To Kogi For Talent Hunt (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.