Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians (37647 Views)

Toyota Unveils First Nigerian Toyota Vehicle Assembled In Lagos(photo) / Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. / Capacity Of Nigerian Car Manufacturing Industry Rises By 50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by danikik7: 5:39pm On Jan 20, 2013
Engine unko what made? Or is it only panel beating products?
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by adeyak83(m): 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
Well done
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by oyin01(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
Lollycutie: U're a fool bigggggggg one at dat.What cant u do idiot,ur types are jst dumb n uncivilized.smh
na u be foool. where on nigeria road can u drive this piece of metal. d guy try but he could have done better. dats not evenba car afterall it uses whellbarrow tyre. no cover, wiper, a c, fan, innerlight. and besides thats university workshop. u guys should beter not limit the power of ur mind.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
I have to be careful here.

While I salute the effort, to some degree, I have to question the end product.

Personally, I would like to see engineering doen towards taking a TKD of a vehicle as such as a VW Golf but with running gear that can withstand Nigerian roads. Examples are very articulative suspensions, beefier tie rods/ball joints, sealed brake friction areas that can protect against dust and other foreign materials while still allowing the necessary cooling effect.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Harmvirus(f): 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
Uchenna42: This is definitely a University of Nigeria Nsukka(UNN) product!!!!

Greatest Lions and Lionesses!!!!!

Proud of my alma mater!!
....grin
if i hear! UNN ko UNN ni...THE EAGLES are representing...I AM PROUD TO BE A FALCON!
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by sonikstargirl(f): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
wats so special abt dis funny car... In dis 21st century dat sum1 is busy waistin tym inventng dis kind of rubbish car wen odas r busy lookin 4 an extraordinary tins 2 invent.. Honestly Africians r truely backward... May God help us sha
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by ABUGEORGE(m): 8:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
nigerians are talented and blessed but our govt are not giving us d chance. i just admire d car dat we also can do it.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by lion042(m): 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
this is 2013 machine, this one go reach 20million naira for market ooooo.....lol
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Homebaked: 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
Good attempt I hope it is developed further. Artists could be brought in the help in the shape, a bit of streamlining will help make the car trendy. But seriously what are the professors of mechanical engineering doing?
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by billyG(m): 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
This is is trash even a common panel beater can do that,let them google & see d electric car student of makarere university uganda built

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Jucol(m): 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2013
DEAR NON-NIGERIAN READERS.

Note that we Nigerians have a great sense of humor that others may sometimes find difficult to appreciate. Do not interpret this thread literally. The moderator should have redirected it to the joke section. We NIGERIANS read and understand it as a joke. We apologize on behalf of the moderator.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by webcalculator(m): 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
billyG: This is is trash even a common panel beater can do that,let them google & see d electric car student of makarere university uganda built

Read the story of the electric car and tell me whether 3 students can afford that much. I'm proud of the car. our latest car is a sports car and it cost approximately 10million naira. we contested in formula student racing car design competition 2012 and won egypt and South Africa. do a little google before you start posting rubbish here
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by jaymichael(m): 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
ocelot2006:

Triptronic
tripo- gini? na which one be that one again?
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
*Kails*:

you have to start somewhere. Fords didn't always look like this:

This was the beginning. wink

I'm just saying.....

Madam, there's something Oyinbos call "paradigms". Ford (and the other pioneers) didn't have any paradigms to emulate, imitate, or learn from: they had to go it alone - the hard way - through trial and error. On the other hand, our so-called "engineers" or, worse still, "inventors", now have abundant paradigms to copy and learn from. It is no longer a 'learning curve'. Same applies to Africa (and the countries within). You don't have to grope in the dark in the name of seeking development or progress - when there are already existing, tested, and proven formulae and examples to copy! Nothing new!

This is absolutely what 're-inventing the wheel' means. . .a totally fruitless, meaningless, and unproductive exercise.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
[size=28pt]IS SOMEONE ACTUALLY COMPARING THAT WAGON ON THE FRONT PAGE WITH FORD'S 1950 () WAGON?

IN TODAY'S WORLD?
shocked[/size]
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
Positiveminds: Good effort. Hope in sight for Nigeria. GEJ is really making good stuff come out from our Universities
hey hey"wat does it have 2 do wit Gej again"or waz d car built due 2 fuel subsidy'"
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by 5much(m): 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
good effort
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by webcalculator(m): 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
[size=28pt]IS SOMEONE ACTUALLY COMPARING THAT WAGON ON THE FRONT PAGE WITH FORD'S 1950 () WAGON?

IN TODAY'S WORLD?
shocked[/size]

Bigot read this and tell me when your people will wake up
The NUTA_BOLTS Team from
Anambra State University
represented the country at the 2012
annual event that took place in
Silverstone Circuit, Northampton, UK
ARTICLE | SEPTEMBER 14, 2012 - 11:55AM
Amidst Nigeria’s struggle for relevance
in the global technology sphere, some
Nigerian undergraduates have
imprinted the country’s name on the
stone by clinching the title for the Best
African representative and Best New
Comers at the July 2012 Formula Student
Competition where they were charged
with the task of designing and
constructing a formula race car.
The Nigerian undergraduates
(christened The NUTA_BOLTS Team) who
are currently studying for a various
Engineering degrees at the Anambra
State University were Nigeria’s sole
representative at the annual event
whose 2012 series took place in
Silverstone Circuit, Northampton, UK.
Six other African universities (five from
Egypt and one from South Africa) also
participated in the competition the
competition that drew contestants from
222 universities around the globe.
The Formula Student is an educational
motorsport competition, run by the
Institution of Mechanical Engineers
(IMechE), in partnership with various
well-known companies in the industry.
It promotes careers and excellence in
engineering, by challenging university
students from across the globe to design,
build, develop, market and compete as a
team with a small single sitter racing
car. It provides the students with a real-
life exercise in design and manufacture
and the business elements of automotive
engineering. It teaches them all about
team work, working under pressure and
to tight timescales. It demands total
commitment, lots of late nights, and
many frustrations and challenges along
the way, but the net result is the
development of highly talented young
engineers.
The competition starts at the beginning
of the university year when teams start
to design their cars. They are to assume
that a manufacturing firm has
commissioned them to produce a
prototype car for the non-professional
autocross or sprint racer sales market
with the intention of selling one
thousand units. To encourage
innovation, there are very few
restrictions on the overall vehicle
design. Successful teams are those who
produce a car that is not only fast and
reliable, but also low in cost and easy to
maintain. The car’s marketability is also
enhanced by other factors such as
aesthetics, driver comfort and the use of
common parts.
The competition offers team the
opportunity to undertake real-life
challenges and logistics, and develop the
skills they will need when they go on
work in industry.
For the NUTA_BOLTS boys whose design
was judged the 7th Overall Best, fame
didn’t just come. They have been
working laboriously since 2008 forging
seemingly trivial but ingenious designs.
The first design they embarked on then
was that of a unique Nut and Bolt which
gave them the name (The Nuta_Bolts).
They went further designing many other
components like the key-holder-opener
using the conventional lathe machine,
they also modeled the speed cone of a
lathe machine and later designed a
miniature camera. They were on plans
to designing and producing a multiple
Grinding Machine when the IMechE
team visited their school.
Twenty one in number, the team, whom
Professor Bamiro (former Vice
Chancellor of the University of Ibadan)
suggests would make good
technopreneurs is armed with strong
willed and motivated students from the
fields of Mechanical Engineering,
Architecture, Electrical & Electronics
Engineering, Civil Engineering and
Chemical Engineering organizing
themselves as a modern company.
The team according to team Leader,
Onyenanu Ifeanyichukwu "has already
kicked off preparation module to build
the car and race it in Silverstone by July,
2013."
As contained in the communiqué issued
at the end of the 21st COREN Assembly
where the NUTA_BOLTS team presented
a lecture, the government has been
“requested to financially support the
team to enable them develop, fabricate
and commission the race car”.
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/nigerian-engineering-undergraduates-win-global-race-car-design-competition
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Imyourex(m): 1:18am On Jan 21, 2013
Thank God i've finally found a toy for my 4 years old cousin that has been disturbing me.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Ortarico(m): 6:29am On Jan 21, 2013
Shuuuu....
Dear Nigerian students, I congratulate you for your efforts to making your nation proud and spoken off but it's a pity that your country is not ready to aid you guyz. Don't forget our mentor; the Nigerian-American citizen who invented the fastest computer[Philip Emegweali]......may God continue to grant your efforts with success...hmmm....just wish the world could start afresh, you know what i mean now! #thumb up#

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Slickest(m): 8:10am On Jan 21, 2013
Red-Light:
why cant nigerian students just invent something new that will be acceptable world over... we already have cars now so i dont see it as an invention... just a waste of time afterall no one is gonna drive or buy that ... what is the point in re inventing cars ...or is this car gonna be running on urine or water?
Ur ill I swear..lwtmb
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by leverage12(m): 9:08am On Jan 21, 2013
Donalð Genes: Iyammiiiiiiiiiii!!!!
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaints!!!
lol, guy you bad ooo
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by leverage12(m): 9:30am On Jan 21, 2013
but,do this guys actually made the engine themselves? because that is the koko oo. if the engine is bought and assembled then its rubbish
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by VALIDATOR: 11:51am On Jan 21, 2013
leverage12: but,do this guys actually made the engine themselves? because that is the koko oo. if the engine is bought and assembled then its rubbish
It is not only the engine that makes an automobile. There are many other parts. What we should praise is something that has a high local content. If you can make Toyata engine to work with various other parts that are locally made then you have built a car.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by leverage12(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
VALIDATOR:
It is not only the engine that makes an automobile. There are many other parts. What we should praise is something that has a high local content. If you can make Toyata engine to work with various other parts that are locally made then you have built a car.
bro I disagree with you, there is great different between creating a car and assembling a car, if Nigeria is creating a Car it should be from scratch, after all road side Mechanics can assemble cars. what distinct the road side from professionals is their hand work, professionals don't create car using other people products, they make theirs.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by jidewin(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
The chap may do much better by designing Nigerian version of military HUMVEE.The Fed. Govt should really consider this and support as much as they would derive mich more from his 'expertise'.Good luck chum.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by churchilltrice(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
IT IS DIESEL OR FUEL
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
churchilltrice: IT IS DIESEL OR FUEL

You're not making sense here. Diesel is also fuel. So.........?

You might wish to rephrase your question.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by churchilltrice(m): 9:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
Siena:

You're not making sense here. Diesel is also petrol. So.........?

You might wish to rephrase your question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great / Gold Customized 1982 Mercedes Benz Spotted In Kaduna (photos) / World Car Award 2018: Range Rover Velar Wins World Car Design Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.