Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War (21770 Views)

Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard / Explosives Abandoned During Civil War Recovered By Police / Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by olokfor: 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
I Almost Lost My Manhood During Civil War - Obasanjo

Obasanjo appealed to Nigerians to move beyond the civil war. Nigeria’s former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has said that he has no regrets over the various actions he took during the Nigerian civil war (1967-1970).

Mr. Obasanjo, a retired Army General, was one of the soldiers that led Nigeria’s military onslaught against Biafran soldiers leading to the eventual surrender of the Biafrans. Controversies have trailed the war with some intellectuals like foremost writer, Chinua Achebe, accusing the Nigerian troop and government of genocide against the Igbos.

Mr. Obasanjo, who spoke on Friday, at a reception held in his honour by the Peoples Democratic Party,however, said all the decisions he took then were for the growth of the country and he has no regrets taking them.

“I don’t have any regret over some actions or decisions taken then,and I don’t have any apology over that,because it was in the interest of all,” he said.

Mr. Obasanjo said that he almost lost his private part during the war, as a shrapnel hit him on the pelvic region during the war. The former president said his late cousin who died at the age of 92 recently, was still of the conviction that his dead son was still alive and resident in the defunct Biafra Republic.

He, however, used the occasion to call on all Nigerians to put the memory of the civil war behind them and concentrate on the development and growth of Nigeria as a nation.

I’m no coup plotter.

Mr. Obasanjo also said he never participated in any military coup in the country throughout his military carrier.
He said the coup planners only consulted him at the end of each coup.

“I have never participated in any coup, I just sit down jeje…and they later get in touch with me,” he told guests at the colourful ceremony. Mr. Obasanjo became Nigeria’s vice military ruler in 1975 after a coup removed the Yakubu Gowon led military government. He became military head of state after another coup led to the death of his boss, Murtala Muhammed.

SOURCE-www.informationnaija.com/i-almost-lost-my-manhood-during-civilwar-obasanjo/
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2013
lol grin This OBJ is a comic relief.
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by stupor(m): 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
*laughing*

Now I understand why OBJ doesn't take chances with women she comes across with.

Baba sir !

Baba niyen !
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by pharmow: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2013
There is something about this man that many people are not seeing. Apart from being one very very lucky man, he is quite clever and knows how to maneuver his way, if not he would have gone so many years ago and won't have become the powerful figure he is now in the country.

22 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by jogrin0(m): 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2013
dis man don turn 2 comedian oooo grin
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mr. OBJ is a clown...
He's lucky that the shraPnel didn't pierced further. Rejoicing with Dame Patience. Thank God his (OBJ) manhood will now live forever.

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by vizboy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ha ha obj self na wa for you oh
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
Obj for real.
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Symphony007: 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
What's all this hawkish war mongering from obasanjo these days. The civil war is a dark past in our nations history that need not be trivialized..one is not amused mr president!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by SisiKill1: 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
[Insert A Patience Jonathan & Manhood Joke Here]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
“I don’t have any regret over some actions or decisions taken then,and I don’t have any apology over that,because it was in the interest of all,” he said.

You said it in the past and you still continue to say it till date.No matter how bad you may be,you are a bridge-builder.God bless you for delivering Nigeria from the bad belle people.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
Is that why he wants to use it every chance he gets

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by executinal(m): 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
why you no loose am grin
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
Symphony007: What's all this hawkish war mongering from obasanjo these days. The civil war is a dark past in our nations history that need not be trivialized..one is not amused mr president!!!!
[color=#006600][/color] guy take am easy.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You said it in the past and you still continue to say it till date.No matter how bad you may be,you are a bridge-builder.God bless you for delivering Nigeria from the bad belle people.

Anybody that died to keep Nigeria one from what we see in Nigeria died in vain
We are not one,were never meant to be one and can never be one the evil day is just being postponed
That is a statement of fact

25 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Dede1(m): 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
@Obasanjo

Coups are not for the cowards.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by ojjp: 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
I like dis man 4his jovial nature. He is a very smart rtd Gen.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by kuzzieOtiz: 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
Joystick? As in vibrator (v.i.b.r.a.t.o.r) or

I knew OBJ was a HOMOsapien anyway cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by chriskc: 5:40pm On Jan 19, 2013
Bxt Comedy of d Month i guess.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by dokunbam(m): 5:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
baba himself at it again

the man no dey fall my hand

bold and courageous to the core

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by tomakint: 5:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
Obj is a clown though a 'Force to be reckoned with' in the scheme of things as far as Nigerian politics is concerned! cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Dede1(m): 5:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
babyosisi:

We are not one,were never meant to be one and can never be one the evil day is just being postponed

Even those who fought to keep One-Nigeria as a colonial contraption did so in vain.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
This man don overtake Ay and Basketmouth o

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by mrkels(m): 5:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
The topic is super hilarious.
lwkmd cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by shiftbutton: 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2013
aunty Pepe "Your manhood lives on""

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by BabaO2: 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2013
Dede1: @Obasanjo

Coups are not for the cowards.
Ode,.. did you listen to last Buhari's interview?..
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by SisiKill1: 5:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
Now it's Joystick??!

Lord have mercy!
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by tomakint: 5:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
babyosisi:

Even if you paint the above statement in 'WHITE' that clown will never see it like that, always reveling in "Utter Darkness' I don't understand how some people reason, just look at this country and tell me what is UNITED in this UNION!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by SamConquer(m): 5:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
kuzzieOtiz: Joystick? As in vibrator (v.i.b.r.a.t.o.r) or

.wait o...b4 nko....ok you are HOMOERECTUS abi MTCHEW..if you dont know all humans belong to the genus called HOMO and specie called SAPIENS(daz some biology lesson)so go and sin no more.OBJ ain't your mate ....#in olamide voice#ARE YOU A LEARNER

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by tomakint: 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2013
Dede1:

Even those who fought to keep One-Nigeria as a colonial contraption did so in vain.
Abeg Dede1, tell them make them hear now, I have a feeling that after the Malian uprising, Nigeria may be next!
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by Dede1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2013
Baba_O:
Ode,.. did you listen to last Buhari's interview?..

Olodo, I do not give a ratazz about Buhari’s or Obasanjo’s interview.
Re: Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War by anitank(f): 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
kuzzieOtiz: Joystick? As in vibrator (v.i.b.r.a.t.o.r) or

HomoERECTUS u mean?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zaria Massacre: Sheikh Zakzaky Sent To France For Treatment / Buhari Approves Transfer Of NIMC To Ministry Of Communication / President Buhari lands in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.