Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Not Every Sin Leads To Hell - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Every Sin Leads To Hell (18644 Views)

self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by donpata(m): 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
Tayo-D:
@topic,

In the real sense of the Word of God, only one sin actually leads to hell, and that is the sin of not accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. The scripture you alluded to in 1 John 5 is not referring to hell. It is actually referring to physical death, as happened to Annanias and Saphira his wife. We see several instances of such even in the old testament. Moses committed a sin unto death which kept him from the Promised Land.

From all indications, the sin unto death is unique to the individual and how God deals with them. I believe strongly that God would let each person know when they continue on the path of disobedience that would make God ask them to come home. That is the sin unto death.

And what about this; ""The Soul That Sinneth, It shall Die"" Ezekiel 18:20(KJV). Now if i may ask, Do souls die physical death?
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Dalion: 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
gonzaga: That is why the Catholic Church defines the doctrine of Mortal sin and Venial sin. All sins against the 10 commandments are mortal sins, while other minor offences are venial sins.

God is a just God and in justice, God will not condemn a man who had been killing innocent people for money rituals with a man who steals food to eat in order to survive with the same judgement. Though both have committed a sin, the circumstance and intentions are different.

For a sin to be committed, 3 factors must come into play; the willingness, the opportunity and the act itself. For instance, a virgin who willingly goes to a man's house to get the real deal and another who was going on an errand an got raped had both lost their virginity. The difference is that; one lost hers through a willful sexual act while the other was forcefully taken. God in His justice will not subject these 2 virgins to the same judgement.

I most times get very pissed when I hear people saying sin is sin. Even in our normal day to day life, do all offences against the law carry the same punishment? The Catholic Church can not err in matters of faith and morals. The Bible in talking about death does not mean physical death. The death been talked about here is eternal damnation. For those who commit sins that are not unto death, the Catholic church teaches that they go to a place of purgation called PURGATORY. Here, they make expiation for all those sins before they can see God. Purgatory is in fact, a demonstration of God's justice. God is so righteous that he cannot behold the slightest of sins. Yet, His justice does not allow him to condemn all sinners to the same judgement.

When next you hear someone saying that sin is sin, ask him/her to interpret this portion of the Bible. Watch out for a post on Mortal sins and Venial sins.

Thank u my brother, I suggest that those ignorant of these verses should first get a pass in elementary catechism prior to their answers. Thanks for that first hand knowledge of catholic church.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mkmyers45(m): 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
I see confusion everywhere...
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by misreal(m): 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
Onilokun: All soul that sinneth shall die.
tnk u my brother....all these nl pips no de read biblie........a soul dat sinneth shall die....weda na 1naira u steal or na 50ppl u kill....
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by misreal(m): 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
Dalion:

Thank u my brother, I suggest that those ignorant of these verses should first get a pass in elementary catechism prior to their answers. Thanks for that first hand knowledge of catholic church.
ignorance na ur prblm.....u accept evwitin dat sounds gud without verifying them
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by deebrain(m): 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
gonzaga: That is why the Catholic Church defines the doctrine of Mortal sin and Venial sin. All sins against the 10 commandments are mortal sins, while other minor offences are venial sins.

God is a just God and in justice, God will not condemn a man who had been killing innocent people for money rituals with a man who steals food to eat in order to survive with the same judgement. Though both have committed a sin, the circumstance and intentions are different.

For a sin to be committed, 3 factors must come into play; the willingness, the opportunity and the act itself. For instance, a virgin who willingly goes to a man's house to get the real deal and another who was going on an errand an got raped had both lost their virginity. The difference is that; one lost hers through a willful sexual act while the other was forcefully taken. God in His justice will not subject these 2 virgins to the same judgement.

I most times get very pissed when I hear people saying sin is sin. Even in our normal day to day life, do all offences against the law carry the same punishment? The Catholic Church can not err in matters of faith and morals. The Bible in talking about death does not mean physical death. The death been talked about here is eternal damnation. For those who commit sins that are not unto death, the Catholic church teaches that they go to a place of purgation called PURGATORY. Here, they make expiation for all those sins before they can see God. Purgatory is in fact, a demonstration of God's justice. God is so righteous that he cannot behold the slightest of sins. Yet, His justice does not allow him to condemn all sinners to the same judgement.

When next you hear someone saying that sin is sin, ask him/her to interpret this portion of the Bible. Watch out for a post on Mortal sins and Venial sins.

I was about to answer when i saw this write up. May God solidly bless u for this...
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Orikinla(m): 5:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
What will lead most people to hell are not their sins, but for being UNREPENTANT and their UNBELIEF.
Lest we forget, repentance is not saying I AM SORRY, but TO STOP REPEATING YOUR EVILS and to complete your REPENTANCE, YOU MUST PAY RESTITUTION.
REPENTANCE IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT RESTITUTION.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
mkmyers45: I see confusion everywhere...
There is no confusion, we are still one in the body of Christ.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by bamosagie(m): 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
Every soul that sun shall die, but all sin are not equal. There is sin against the holy spirit that is Unforgivenable sin.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Jochidinho(m): 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
badesco: Are you a fanatic? if yes them i am not surprise about oncaption. Anyway sin remain a sin irrespective of the type, therefore any sin will lead to hell and the only thing that can make somebody to avoid hell is to abstain from sin in any form.
pls if you are in a room with your friend and asassins wants him dead,then you lied he is not at home.. Did you commit sin that will lead you to death
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by alexleo(m): 6:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
Am still wondering why you are so interested in this your classification of sin. Do you want to be a sining christian or what? What exactly do you want to achieve with this your sin classification excercise?

FXKing2012: All Unrighteousness is sin but not every sin leads to hell:

1 John 5:16-18
King James Version (KJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Question is how do u know what sin leads to hell? That is where this scripture comes in:

1 Thes. 5:22
"Abstain from all appearance of evil."
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mko2005: 6:09pm On Feb 22, 2013

King James Version (KJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Question is how do u know what sin leads to hell? That is where this scripture comes in:

Let's forget what ever interpretation that one may want to give here ! The bible says that all unrighteousness is sin. And the word of God can not be broken.Any interpretation that says that there are sins that will take you to hell and there are sins that will keep you on earth or there are sins that will take you to some other place other than hell,contradicts the bible and will make the bible look as if it's contradicting itself !
With the help of the Holy spirit,see below what John is saying in the Scripture above:
There are sins that are in the laws that the bible in the old testament has stipulated it's penalty.Those are the ones known by all as sin that can't be contested.i.e idolatry,murder,blasphemy etc.There are also sins that though not in the law book and no penalty 'according to the law' is stipulated and thus has no 'death'penalty attached to the sin becos it is not stipulated in the law But people are aware of these sins becos they have been around Jesus,heard HIS teachings or most likely hav also received understanding from the holy spirit.John the disciple is saying to the ones who have this understanding that that when ever they find their brother sinning this type of sin becos of ignorance,they should beg God to forgive these ignorant brothers for them to receive the gift of life !PLEASE NOTE:If those 'ignorant sin' committed by man will not eventually kill man i.e lead unto death,John will not say 'and God will give him life for them[/b]But John knows that all sin will eventually lead to death but to he who commit's it,(ignorantly)may just think that becos it's not stipulated as sin unto death in the law book,then it can not lead him to hell or kill him.John used that word the sin that lead's unto death to explain to the people becos that is how it is in the law book(death penalties for sin)!
God via John want's us to LET ALL MEN KNOW THAT SIN IS SIN AND THERE IS NO BIG SIN OR SMALL SIN that ALL SINS eventually lead to death hence the admonition to the ones who understand to beg God to [b]give life
unto the ones 'sinning the sin'[/b]not the ones who died in the sin !

[b]Any act of yours that contradict's the word of God,sure is a sin and will most certainly lead you to hell except you repent of it and the sufficiency of the grace of God through HIS son Jesus !

May God help us all
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by malabite3: 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2013

I would like you τ̅☺ back up your claim of purgatory ώį̸̸̨ƭƕ the word of God"BIBLE" quote a passage τ̅☺ that effect

1 Like

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by malabite3: 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
Igwe.:
Example; someone could ask after your father and you say, he's not around whereas your father is inside sleeping.
Yes, he's sleeping and invariably not around since somebody that is fast asleep does not know what is happening in his immediate environment, and in this case you've not lied. However, somebody that sees your father sleeping would think that you've told a lie and you also would think so.
You A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣ only fooling yourself. Sleeping means sleeping απϑ not around means not around.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by digospel2: 6:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
[b]Sin is sin of a truth.[/[/size]b][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt] All unrighteosness is sin means you are either right or wrong in your actions and every wrong doing amount to sin. The wages(reward) for sin is death(spiritual) Romans 6:23. God in I Samuel 15:23 ,classify rebellion,witchcraft,stubborness,iniquity and idolatry as one that is equal sin. Likewise Galatians 5:19 - 21, grouped all sin as works of the flesh that can hinder one from inheriting His kingdom. once you miss the kingdom of God you are heading to hell which is the second and final death. So please, don't be deceived; stealing a cup of garri carries the same penalty with armed robbery and abortion leading the sinner to hell(death). It is the old law that group sin for death and those not for death e.g. adultery attract stoning to death. Therefore get understanding when the Bible make reference to the old law and know what the new law prescribe. REPENT FROM ALL SIN FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.

1 Like

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by malabite3: 6:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
Syncan:

I beg to dis agree with you, the Op made no interpretation on the post, he simply quoted scriptures, more so his last quote in that piece makes his view very clear, I really see no problem with the post.
 απϑ read rev 21 v 8. It̶̲̥̅̊ says all unbelievers shall  τ̅☺ hell. Anybody who commits sin Iڪ an ubeliever απϑ shall  τ̅☺ hell.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Syncan(m): 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
malabite3:
 απϑ read rev 21 v 8. It̶̲̥̅̊ says all unbelievers shall  τ̅☺ hell. Anybody who commits sin Iڪ an ubeliever απϑ shall  τ̅☺ hell.

I believe you do not commit sin,"He that sayeth he hath no sin..."
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by garsul: 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
Wow! Three pages and Intolerant Muslim Bigots have not started asking why a Christian thread made it to the front page and neither are they trying to derail the thread with insults.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
Igwe.:
Example; someone could ask after your father and you say, he's not around whereas your father is inside sleeping.
Yes, he's sleeping and invariably not around since somebody that is fast asleep does not know what is happening in his immediate environment, and in this case you've not lied. However, somebody that sees your father sleeping would think that you've told a lie and you also would think so.
You got me cracking there.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Syncan(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
malabite3:

I believe you do not commit sin,"He that sayeth he hath no sin..." I repeat the poster quoted scripture and i do not see what he has done wrong, all scripture is useful for admonition, teaching and so on. Why quarrel with scripture? why not simply say "I haven't given a thought to this before, let me learn further on this matter in relation to what I've always known". Most who attack the poster are just attacking scripture without knowing. Put every passage that have been quoted here together and meditate on them, do not pick and choose, they are all important.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Andersonken(m): 6:40pm On Feb 22, 2013
Dear Poster. Sin is sin none is biger or smaller,they are dsame.stop decieving urself and others.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mko2005: 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
digospel2: [b]Sin is sin of a truth.[/[/size]b][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt] All unrighteosness is sin means you are either right or wrong in your actions and every wrong doing amount to sin. The wages(reward) for sin is death(spiritual) Romans 6:23. God in I Samuel 15:23 ,classify rebellion,witchcraft,stubborness,iniquity and idolatry as one that is equal sin. Likewise Galatians 5:19 - 21, grouped all sin as works of the flesh that can hinder one from inheriting His kingdom. once you miss the kingdom of God you are heading to hell which is the second and final death. So please, don't be deceived; stealing a cup of garri carries the same penalty with armed robbery and abortion leading the sinner to hell(death). It is the old law that group sin for death and those not for death e.g. adultery attract stoning to death. Therefore get understanding when the Bible make reference to the old law and know what the new law prescribe. REPENT FROM ALL SIN FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.
The spirit of the most high God lives in YOU ! May God bless you and help you and I not to be cast away on the last day when the trumpet shall sound !
God bless us
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Saxophemsy: 7:31pm On Feb 22, 2013

King James Version (KJV)

1 Thes. 5:22
"Abstain from all appearance of evil."
do u hv a version dat says some sin dsnt lead to hell?i dont tink such exist...that scripture talks about sins against d holyspirit that cant b 4given or repented of, so leads to death....all oda sin can b repented of and dsnt neccesarily lead to death
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
This verse is simple; let us assume you promised to visit someones´ wedding but you forgot and failed to show up. Definitely you have offended someone but you didn´t offend God. There is a perfection of the heart, that is wat determines if someone goes to heaven or not. Perfection of the head is nt a prerequisite.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by henryadex(m): 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2013
Jesus said if you sin against the father or Son you will be forgiven but if you sin against the Holy Spirit no forgiveness.Now look at Hebrew chapt. 6 vs 4-8;For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
NO REMEDY WHEN YOU SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by scarred: 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
SMH
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
We catholics believe not all sins lead to death.... N in venial sin,u will be put in a prison n like d un4gvn servant,u will nt b freed until u pay ur last dues..... Am nt arguing with any1...its wat d holyspirit revealed to d 1st church of God
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
Christians currupt this great world
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by ad84ada(m): 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
Should we continue in sin, that grace may prevail? God forbid!
If all sin does not lead to death, does that fact make it okay to sin? Sin is sin, and God hates sin.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
vc online: Christians currupt this great world
May God forgive u.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by nuseg(m): 10:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
"The unforgivable sin of speaking against the Holy Spirit has been interpreted in various ways, but the true meaning cannot contradict other Scripture. It is unequivocally clear that the one unforgivable sin is permanently rejecting Christ ( John 3:18 ; 3:36 ). Thus, speaking against the Holy Spirit is equivalent to rejecting Christ with such finality that no future repentance is possible. 'My spirit shall not always strive with man,' God said long ago ( Genesis 6:3 ).
Mt 12:31,32 & Mk 3:22-30 the sin dat has no forgiveness even when sought is the sin that lead to death bt the sin that when committed and forgiveness sought and is forgiven is the one that does not lead to death …In the context of this particular passage ( Matthew 12:22-32 ), Jesus had performed a great miracle of creation, involving both healing and casting out a demon , but the Pharisees rejected this clear witness of the Holy Spirit . Instead they attributed His powers to Satan, thus demonstrating anattitude permanently resistant to the Spirit, and tothe deity and saving Gospel of Christ "
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Sholexmusics: 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2013
Brethren, dnt let's Deceive ourselfs... No sin is capable of leadin any1 2 hell, just as its not posible 2 b sinless... D bibble evn made it clear d@ all our righteousnes is lyk fity rag... Jhn 3:16 also made it clear d@ whosoeva beliveth in him shall not perish, BT av everlastin life... If our righteousness can take us to heavn, den why did God av 2 send his so 2 die 4 us on d cross... I'm not condeming righteousness, of cus its very profitable 2 be righous, But d@s not d ticket to heavn....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry / New Priests In Benue Celebrate First Mass In IDP Camp Over Herdsmen Attacks / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.