Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,528 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? (24292 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by richeyy(m): 6:42pm On May 24, 2013
The ability to do anything, anyhow and anywhere without sending nobody grin It's too freaking restrictive here undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 6:42pm On May 24, 2013
ikenga67: Listen, I am 45 and have seen better days but whenever I am in nija I have all these pretty young girls hovering all over me like flies. It always takes all the sense of proportion and self-dprecation I could muster to convince myself that it is the $$$ I supposedly have that was bringing on that, not that I had suddenly been transformed into some adonis on the trans-atlantic flight. Lol!!. I do miss all that shaa. Nija na la-la land for this Peter Pan for sure.

shocked shocked shocked

smh @ Nigerian girls. Well you know they are after your pocket tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:43pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporains una no de miss our floody streets for 9ja?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 24, 2013
Vanityupnvanity: Diasporains una no de miss our floody streets for 9ja?

why not ? I cant get enough of it tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by armyofone(m): 6:45pm On May 24, 2013
eating my mom's food.
Mom, one uncrowned chef kiss
miss ofe onugbu . . . freshly washed bitter leaf soup
Nigerian spinach soup, ukpo oka, ogede and iji.

Thank you mom.
miss some good friends I made while at UI.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:

For real, when i visited America, we stopped at a store in Houston for some suya cool

pm me for details wink

Why don't you just take me to a All-You-Can-Eat-Suya buffet?

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by armyofone(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2013
Oh I miss that Sabo suya, the free ones o grin

Texas.Cowgirl:

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by mithel(m): 6:47pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

u go fear na grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 6:47pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 24, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by joyli: 6:47pm On May 24, 2013
I miss ogi
Ojojo grin
Tuwo cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 24, 2013
armyofone: eating my mom's food.
Mom, one uncrowned chef kiss
miss ofe onugbu . . . freshly washed bitter leaf soup
Nigerian spinach soup, ukpo oka, ogede and iji.

Thank you mom.
miss some good friends I made while at UI.

This girl, what is all these foreign name you're typing?
Ki lo sele so amala, eba, iyan, etc?

Is Dayo starving you again? cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:

lol you're not serious....... grin grin

But I want suya for real.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 24, 2013
I miss authentic suya and kilishi

The ones I got last Christmas from a caterer here were not as good as the ones in Nigeria no matter how hard they try

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 24, 2013
armyofone: Oh I miss that Sabo suya, the free ones o grin

Free ones?
Girl yii, ma se ojoro fun mi. Connect me na
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 24, 2013
I 4still don travel out but my degree couldn't allow me, now am a graduate without Job,... Alternative hustle has been the key so far,..watching my future wasting b4 my bear-eyes

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by armyofone(m): 6:51pm On May 24, 2013
lol, I miss plantain amala. I like it with nice fresh lightly cooked okra and stew with plenty of atarodo and tatashe.

Texas.Cowgirl:

This girl, what is all these foreign name you're typing?
Ki lo sele so amala, eba, iyan, etc?

Is Dayo starving you again? cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 6:51pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

lol you're not serious....... grin grin

But I want suya for real.

Mhmmm buy some meat and bbq lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dayokanu just gave you the link they have quite a few places in Houston you can get the suya. Them things are spicy as hell too shocked
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by mithel(m): 6:52pm On May 24, 2013
as per say na russia tinz

i miss black people die , i mean black people in their millions o

i go hug everybody wey i see on arrival when i come naija

family and friends

Moin Moin, POFF POFF , YAM , GARRI GALA AND VIJU MILK and ofcourse the people , at least lagos people sha. with smiling faces everywhere no matter the wahala not the frowns u get everywhere here grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by armyofone(m): 6:52pm On May 24, 2013
wo, the free ones from the mallams mai kudi falafala are more tasty.

Texas.Cowgirl:

Free ones?
Girl yii, ma se ojoro fun mi. Connect me na
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by odumchi: 6:52pm On May 24, 2013
I miss the calm, soothing aura of the countryside; the enticing smell of the hawkers' roasted corn; the sweet, honey-like aroma of fresh grass and morning dew; and the all-natural, fresh evening breeze which would fuel or nightly chats.

I remember the days when my friends and I would innocently shake fruit trees in the hopes of a delicious treat. More vividly, I remember how we would spend the hot afternoons playing and aimlessly roaming about, and the powerless evenings in the company of wise elders, as we listened to tales of the heroes of old.

Chai. Ndaa kwan? Where has all the time gone?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:

shocked shocked shocked

SO?

Na crime again?

Come and arrest na?

2legit2qwt:

Mhmmm buy some meat and bbq lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dayokanu just gave you the link they have quite a few places in Houston you can get the suya. Them things are spicy as hell too shocked

Oh yea, you dont like spice.

I love spicy suya please. The more it burns my tongue, the more tasty it is cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 24, 2013
mithel: as per say na russia tinz

i miss black people die , i mean black people in their millions

i go hug everybody wey i see on arrival when i come naija

family and friends
Moin Moin, POFF POFF , YAM , GARRI GALA AND VIJU MILK and ofcourse the people , at least lagos people sha. with smiling faces everywhere no matter the wahala not the frowns u get everywhere here grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:
hmmm Excellent,gorgeous cute, am scared but are don't run...
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 24, 2013
armyofone: lol, I miss plantain amala. I like it with nice fresh lightly cooked okra and stew with plenty of atarodo and tatashe.

I made that last night lol.
Plantian fufu tho
Hmm yum yum

armyofone: wo, the free ones from the mallams mai kudi falafala are more tasty.

If we're still speaking English, where can I find him/her shop in Tx?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by EmmyDe25(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2013
The PHCN factor.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Abok1(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123: if theres suya in the usa, there must be suya here angry Suya I go find you

check the Nigerian restaurant in Canning town, they usually do suya, asun, snails. wink

I make a two hour journey from the midlands just for their "ewa aganyin" every other week

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by afroluciferans: 6:56pm On May 24, 2013
Nothing
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 24, 2013
Abok1:

check the Nigerian restaurant in Canning town, they usually do suya, asun, snails. wink

I make a two hour journey from the midlands just for their "ewa aganyin" every other week

you serious ? you get money o ! lipsrsealed shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by ikenga67: 6:57pm On May 24, 2013
Of course!! But seriously Nija is one huge real disneyland for adults!! A land where anything could just happen and all manner of bizzare stuff go on. When I am there, I never quit marveling at the seeming formlessness of the entire landscape. I think Picasso would have been an even bigger genius if he had experienced the tapestry of the Nigerian physical and social-cultural landscape
2legit2qwt:

shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by armyofone(m): 6:57pm On May 24, 2013
Let me check that suya website, hope I can order online without anyone jacking my checking account sha.

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 24, 2013
Can someone please remove the shoit on the stick picture on this page?
We're talking suya, someone is posting disgusting picture

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ibom Air Studies International Route Options With Ibom Air Bombardier CRJ900 / Unidentifiable Boy Killed By A Car In Kano (Disturbing Photo) / Peace Mass Transit Says Bus Fares Will Not Be Increased Despite Fuel Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.