Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

2 Kids Found Dead In A Car - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car (11309 Views)

DOUBLE TRAGEDY: 2 Kids Corpses Found In Deep Freezer / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria / Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by sheyee(m): 7:59am On Jan 21, 2013
Tragedy struck recently in Ibeshe area of Ikorodu, Lagos, after two children were found dead inside a car. One of the children, Olamipo Oluwaferanmi Kadiri, who was two years and three months old, was the last child of a management staff of the Lagos State Waste Management Authority, LAWMA while the other child, whose identity could not be ascertained, was a niece who only came visiting during the yuletide season.

Crime Alert gathered that the family resides at Oworo, Bariga area of Lagos. But they usually visited Ibeshe, where they just completed a building of their own, during weekends and festive periods.

Collection of car keys

During one of those visits, the older child who was barely four years old reportedly collected the car key from where it was kept in the sitting room and accompanied by little Olamipo, made straight for the garage where the car was parked.

She reportedly opened the car, went inside with Olamipo and shut the doors with all windows wound up.
*Late Olamipo

Meanwhile, back in the sitting room, Mrs Kadiri reportedly called out on both children when she did not hear their voices for about an hour. A search as gathered, was conducted round the bedrooms apparently thinking they might have slept off in one of the rooms.

But apprehension set in when the children were not found.

Crime Alert gathered that as the search was extended outside the sitting room, a member of the search team screamed on sighting the children inside the car, motionless.

They were reportedly rushed to Lagoon Hospital where unfortunately, they were confirmed dead.

A resident of the area who spoke on condition of anonymity said; “We were attracted by the shout. But no one could go into the compound because they are new people. Besides, they are not permanent here. It was later we heard that two children died of suffocation inside their car.

We were also made to understand that the children could not open the door to come out because they apparently touched the car remote. Nobody could tell whether they screamed or not, or whether they tried to open the door. But you know as children, they might not know the implication of being shut inside the car. It is an unfortunate incident that is difficult to imagine.”

Another close family friend who also spoke on condition of anonymity described the late Olamipo as an exceptional child. “That child was an intelligent child. She was always fun to be with. She was extraordinarily intelligent. Had she been alive, she would have been a star to be reckoned with.

That is why her parents are really devastated by the tragic incident. Her mother especially, is yet to come to terms with the rude shock of her daughter’s demise. She is really in a bad shape right now. Although Olamipo was the third child but she was indeed the family’s favourite because she always brought smiles to everyone’s face.”

Effort to reach the LAWMA manager failed as Crime Alert learnt she was yet to resume as at Monday.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/two-children-found-dead-inside-a-car/
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by sheyee(m): 8:10am On Jan 21, 2013
Food for Thought/Action!!!
• Do you have car key control management at home?
• Share incident with members of your family and put control measures in place.
• Close all remedial action items immediately.

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Mamaflex(f): 10:01am On Jan 21, 2013
So sad embarassed
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Joy4mi(f): 10:13am On Jan 21, 2013
Lessons learnt. My 3yr old son(now 4) tried dat once but i was fortunate to open d door for him on time though. May God console d family

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by greatgod2012(f): 11:24am On Jan 21, 2013
So sad!
Very pathetic!
May God console d family and give them d fortitude to bear d loss.
May d souls of d lost lives rest in peace.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
SAD. anyway heaven sure for them, na kid them be
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by pwiz(m): 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sad story. So wounding up all windows in a car could leave someone dead? New one

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2013

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by pinky21(f): 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
RIP to dem. D truth is I hate spoilt n lousy kids dat don't know hw to behave. Mayb dats nt d first time dey dd it but dey overlooked it. Teach ur child discipline at al times. I can imagine d trauma d mom wil b going thru rgt nw

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Manbim: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
dats sorrowful.rip girls.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by biolabee(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
pinky21: RIP to dem. D truth is I hate spoilt n lousy kids dat don't know hw to behave. Mayb dats nt d first time dey dd it but dey overlooked it. Teach ur child discipline at al times. I can imagine d trauma d mom wil b going thru rgt nw

you dont know anything about the kids in q and that is a very insensitive remark to make considering you are even a woman
what is lousy about a kid playing in their fathers car
Unfortunately at this time, that proved costly but still that is not a good statement

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by chucky234(m): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
Thats the result of carelessness,the mother of the said Olamide might be watching nollywood movie inside the house while her son suffocate to death.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by freecocoa(f): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
pinky21: RIP to dem. D truth is I hate spoilt n lousy kids dat don't know hw to behave. Mayb dats nt d first time dey dd it but dey overlooked it. Teach ur child discipline at al times. I can imagine d trauma d mom wil b going thru rgt nw
What da french are you yapping about, please this story is tragic enough so don't add anger to the emotions I'm feeling right now.angry

Do you even know kids at all? Have you stayed with any before? So because they did what most children their age will do means they are lousy and spoilt? Take your time o.

RIP little ones.

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by naijathings(m): 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
OMG this is so furcking sad. cry
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by elampiro(m): 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
Am I missing something from the story or I just didn't understand it? I have slept inside my car twice overnight, and completely wound up. I didn't put on the AC, I slept and I woke up very strong.

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by agohavivi(f): 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
pinky21: RIP to dem. D truth is I hate spoilt n lousy kids dat don't know hw to behave. Mayb dats nt d first time dey dd it but dey overlooked it. Teach ur child discipline at al times. I can imagine d trauma d mom will b going thru rgt nw
My dear, its easier said than done. Wait till you have kids and you'll understand better. It's mot as easy as you think cos kids will always be kids.

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by mysticgal(f): 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
oh?
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by naijathings(m): 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
[size=16pt]you finished typing but you did not think before clickin on submit. do you have a child or children? please tell us how to give birth to quiet and obedient kids that know how to behave??. children can be mischievous sometimes no matter how disciplined you teach them to be.. who is to say which of those little mischiefs will lead to death?[/size]

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by agohavivi(f): 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
pinky21: RIP to dem. D truth is I hate spoilt n lousy kids dat don't know hw to behave. Mayb dats nt d first time dey dd it but dey overlooked it. Teach ur child discipline at al times. I can imagine d trauma d mom will b going thru rgt nw
My dear, its easier said than done. Wait till you have kids and you'll understand better. It's not as easy as you think cos kids will always be kids. May their innocent souls rest in peace.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by OracleHex(m): 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
Spoilt kids...RIP to them
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Kx: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
pinky21: D truth is I hate spoilt n lousy kids dat don't know hw to behave.
OracleHex: Spoilt kids...RIP to them

Shocked to know that adults can reason this way concerning innocent and harmless kids.

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by baby124: 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
elampiro: Am I missing something from the story or I just didn't understand it? I have slept inside my car twice overnight, and completely wound up. I didn't put on the AC, I slept and I woke up very strong.

Am a bit surprised too. Its not like they were there for 2days and ran out of oxygen. I think there is a carbon mono oxide problem with that car. I have stayed in a car, windows wound up for hours in a hot area sef waiting for someone. They should inspect that car well.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by question(m): 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
elampiro: Am I missing something from the story or I just didn't understand it? I have slept inside my car twice overnight, and completely wound up. I didn't put on the AC, I slept and I woke up very strong.
Though they did not mention the kind of car it is....vehicles are not so airtight that someone would suffocate in it after several hours.

Meanwhile, if the same car was submerged in water, they will say the kids drowned.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by elampiro(m): 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
baby_123:

Am a bit surprised too. Its not like they were there for 2days and ran out of oxygen. I think there is a carbon mono oxide problem with that car. I have stayed in a car, windows wound up for hours in a hot area sef waiting for someone. They should inspect that car well.

Yes, they should inspect it and investigate the incidence further.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by neversaynever(m): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2013

Didn't you see the children's ages? Even some paper bags come with 'Keep away from children, to avoid suffocation' sign, let alone cars.

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by alphaconde(m): 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
Its the work of the devil
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by OnlyRebel: 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
May be you are single or your kids are brainless. The better you train them the more intelligent they become, will always want to try new thing. Agba wa bura.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by OnlyRebel: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
baby_123:

Remember, the report specify the car was in the garage. It could be airtight garage. In my case I can't stay in my car in hot day with all windows up without a/c on for 30min in open air.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Namiad(m): 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
dahonestboss: SAD. anyway heaven sure for them, na kid them be
that is if their parents or any of their parents is born again
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by elampiro(m): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Only-Rebel:
Remember, the report specify the car was in the garage. It could be airtight garage. In my case I can't stay in my car in hot day with all windows up without a/c on for 30min in open air.

May be the heat and the enclosure of the garage led to the suffocation. The times I slept over were nights, in one of the nights, I could feel cold breeze coming into the car from AC points on the dash board. Well, may they rest in peace. I also feel a four years old should be able to open a car door from inside.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by bbulldog(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ehya!!!!! The father will regret of owning a car...wAF

. / Sure-Home Marriage Seminar: Learning Your Spouse / Have You Seen Oludamilare Akinlosotu?