Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,419 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:08 PM

2 Kids Found Dead In A Car - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car (11287 Views)

DOUBLE TRAGEDY: 2 Kids Corpses Found In Deep Freezer / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria / Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by ray502(m): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
temperatures can get to about 60 degrees centigrade in a wound up car on a hot day.dat can kill anyone.
baby_123:

Am a bit surprised too. Its not like they were there for 2days and ran out of oxygen. I think there is a carbon mono oxide problem with that car. I have stayed in a car, windows wound up for hours in a hot area sef waiting for someone. They should inspect that car well.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by metti(m): 2:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
dahonestboss: SAD. anyway heaven sure for them, na kid them be
You be God?
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by onyeego(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
ray502: temperatures can get to about 60 degrees centigrade in a wound up car on a hot day.dat can kill anyone.
Just like someone has said, This sad incidence needs to be investigated properly.
We can't just conclude that they died of suffocation, which in my view is a rear occurrence.

Cars are built to be airtight but not to d extent that a person will suffocate inside.

RIP to d dead
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
The cause of death is not suffocation. Personally, I've done it severally and I woke up great.
That car should be checked... We obviously don't have psychos in nigeria or I would've suggested homicide
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by akbtunes: 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
RIP Kids

My heart goes out to the Parents

But the story doesnt really gel... theres a need for investigation

--a 4 yr old should know how to open a car door
--an car with windows all wound up should cause ds... or do the kids hav sm breaathing issues

--they might as well be tested for poisonin or strangulation
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
[b]Apart from suffocation due to reduced oxygen, another culprit might be benzene.

According to a research done, the car dashboard,
sofa, air freshener emits Benzene, a Cancer
causing toxin (carcinogen - take note of the
heated plastic Smell in your car).
In addition to causing cancer, it poisons your
bones, causes anemia, and reduces white blood
cells.

Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia,
increasing the risk of cancer. May also cause
miscarriage.

Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per
sq. ft, A car parked indoors with the windows
closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene. If
parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature
above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to
2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level, &
the people inside the car will inevitably inhale
an excess amount of the toxins.

It is recommended that you open the windows
and door to give time for the interior to air out
before you enter.

Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and
liver, and is very difficult for your body to expel
this toxic stuff.

The immediate signs and symptoms of exposure to benzene includes: Drowsiness, dizziness, fast and irregular heartbeat, headache, tremor, confusion, unconsciousness and DEATH.
[/b]

Also, when there are children in the house. make sure there are no open water around the house i.e endeavor to cover all buckets and big bowls of water. Some years ago, a neighbor lost his 3 years old son.

The child went into the bathroom, probably decided to play in the open water. He dipped his head into the bucket of stagnant water and became stuck. He was found dead, his hands and head were in the bucket while his torso and legs were pointing up. Cause of death: Drowning. Children should never be left alone.

1 Like

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Kx: 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
Namiad:
that is if their parents or any of their parents is born again
Thats not true.
It is purely an individual race.
Their destination got nothing to do with their parents born again status
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by biolabee(m): 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
As some people have rightly pointed out, suffocation is not too plausible as cars are not that air tight becuase that is how roaches get into cars
Could it be carbon monoxide or heatstroke?
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Children die inside cars like this all time in Oyinbo land.

The temperature inside a shut car can quickly rise. The children probably died of heat stroke.
Unfortunately that's not strange and doesn't warrant an investigation.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by specialguest(f): 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
elampiro: Am I missing something from the story or I just didn't understand it? I have slept inside my car twice overnight, and completely wound up. I didn't put on the AC, I slept and I woke up very strong.

I agree with you, from the story it's obvious the kids were only trapped in the car for about an hour or so..I doubt if suffocation is the cause of their death. Nevertheless its a tragic event and may the souls of the young angels rest in peace.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Lagusta(m): 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
Namiad:

So if them no born again the innocent kids will go to hell abi, innocent kids...

Religion, na wa ooo!!!
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by naijathings(m): 7:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
Namiad:
I HOPE YOU ARE NOT A PASTOR BECAUSE WE HAVE ENOUGH PASTORS SPREADING WRONG MESSAGES AND DONT NEED YOU TO ADD TO THE NUMBER
WITH THIS YOUR STUPID TALK.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by yungdamaz(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
chucky234: Thats the result of carelessness,the mother of the said Olamide might be watching nollywood movie inside the house while her son suffocate to .
OLAMIDE grin
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by misslaw(f): 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
RIP to d dead
Ma condolnce to deir parent
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Yeske2(m): 11:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
This story spoilt my day. . . RIP kids.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 22, 2013
p.wiz:
Sad story. So wounding up all windows in a car could leave someone dead? New one

Being inside an automobile with the windows wound up for prolonged periods can can cause death, more so in infants and the elderly.

It can cause death even earlier to anyone, if they're left inside an automobile with the windows wound up, on a hot day. Suffocation is the killer here.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 22, 2013
pinky21: RIP to dem. D truth is I hate spoilt n lousy kids dat don't know hw to behave. Mayb dats nt d first time dey dd it but dey overlooked it. Teach ur child discipline at al times. I can imagine d trauma d mom wil b going thru rgt nw

I won't ask if you've got kids of your own. Spoilt and lousy kids? You hate them? Your statement makes you come across as extremely arrogant, and judgemental.

It's nothing to do with "spoilt and lousy kids, that don't know how to behave." You try keeping toddlers away from keys, or anything else that's colourful, and you'll find it's practically impossible.

The issues here are parents keeping keys, and other items attractive to toddlers out of their reach. At the age of three, a toddler has no concept of danger, especially the family car that's often linked to fun trips, a source of joy.

I feel really bad for the loss of two young lives, I pray their souls rest in eternal peace, and the parents have the fortitude to bear their losses.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 22, 2013
baby_123: Am a bit surprised too. Its not like they were there for 2days and ran out of oxygen. I think there is a carbon mono oxide problem with that car. I have stayed in a car, windows wound up for hours in a hot area sef waiting for someone. They should inspect that car well.

Carbon monoxide from a car, with the engine not running?

You need to see how hot an automobile can get internally, on a hot day, with the windows wound up. You've probably been in an automobile in similar circumstances, and found yourself gasping for breath.

Now change the scenario, replacing yourself with 2 toddlers, with smaller lungs than yours, both breathing the same thin, heated air.

Carbon dioxide.

1 Like

Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by ekereku: 5:51am On Jan 22, 2013
pinky21: RIP to dem. D truth is I hate spoilt n lousy kids dat don't know hw to behave. Mayb dats nt d first time dey dd it but dey overlooked it. Teach ur child discipline at al times. I can imagine d trauma d mom wil b going thru rgt nw
Cos when some parents see their children starting such things, they feel they are sharp. All u will hear 'this boy/girl ehn'. It's a pity they died.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by pitipom: 11:03am On Jan 22, 2013
Are u kidding me!!! I didn't know senseless species like you still existed!
What has dis tragedy got to do with being spoilt and lousy?wat if d heartbroken mum was reading this. totally out of point crap u wrote?
Oh!They locked up themselves and died on purpose right?
Or u think u would have done beta if u were their parents?ignoramus!!
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by creativemusic: 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by blackbeau1(f): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
May their Soul rest in peace.to all parents,pls make sure you are always aware of where your child is.it may seem like a herculean task,but in the long run,its for your good
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by pearl360(f): 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Seems children generally love cars. My niece who is 6years old loves to sit in the car, most especially the driver's seat. I'd tell her mum to stop her.
RIP to the kids.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Dinvictus: 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
Believe me its very possible. My friend didnt lock the doors of his car but all windows were wound up. My aunt kids (6yrs & 3yrs) got in and the shut the doors behind them. after about 10mins we noticed their (d kids) absence and heard faint voice screaming "aunty, uncle pls open the door" from outside. They were both drenched in sweat and the younger sibling could barely speak by the time we brought them out. Mind u this happened last December on a very scorching afternoon.
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by pinky21(f): 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
pitipom:
Are u kidding me!!! I didn't know senseless species like you still existed!
What has dis tragedy got to do with being spoilt and lousy?wat if d heartbroken mum was reading this. totally out of point crap u wrote?
Oh!They locked up themselves and died on purpose right?
Or u think u would have done beta if u were their parents?ignoramus!!
I neva knew goats of ur kind still exist. Tot u were long dead. U tink u re mouthy I D I O T
Re: 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
pinky21: I neva knew goats of ur kind still exist. Tot u were long dead. U tink u re mouthy I D I O T

Why don't you accept your mistake instead of mouthing off.
You make a dumb statement, expect to be called out on it.
Sheesh!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? / What Do You Bring To The Table !! / Woman Gave Birth To Twins By Different Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.