Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,823 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Help: C Language And MPI ? (urgent Plz) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help: C Language And MPI ? (urgent Plz) (1238 Views)

Please Help Me Check Whats Wrong With My Code(c Language) / Nairaland Programmers That Share Language And City In Common / Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: C Language And MPI ? (urgent Plz) by craziest: 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hi guyz,

Please I am trying to run a MPI program with C language.
I have installed GCC compiler and the openmpi libraries. I am running ubuntu Linux and Netbeans IDE. My challenge is that after including ‘mpi.h’ in my header file and compiling the application, i still get ‘fatal error : cannot find file mpi.c’. yes i have the files in home/user/lib/openmpi/include, but i cant get it too work.

Can anyone help?
Re: Help: C Language And MPI ? (urgent Plz) by lordZOUGA(m): 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
did you install the developer version of the libraries??
Did you specify the library path to the compiler?
Are you compiling from the IDE or the command-line?
Re: Help: C Language And MPI ? (urgent Plz) by craziest: 10:58am On Jan 22, 2013
I am compiling from the IDE and yes the developer version.

I think the challenge has to do with the path, but i cant get it right. What do you think I should do.

Thanks for your response
Re: Help: C Language And MPI ? (urgent Plz) by lordZOUGA(m): 12:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
craziest: I am compiling from the IDE and yes the developer version.

I think the challenge has to do with the path, but i cant get it right. What do you think I should do.

Thanks for your response
are you sure that your mpi header files are located at that path you specified??
If so, how did it end up there?
I would think they are located at /usr/includes/openmpi/include

secondly, how in the world did it request for mpi.c when you are using a compiled library?? You should be getting error like "undefined reference to..." not "mpi.c not found" or is mpi.c not part of the downloaded library?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? / Microscope Kit And Accesories Sales At Micostar Mall / Looking For Locally Based Cdns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.