Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,692 members, 7,805,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? (24787 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / The Five Lessons Stephen Keshi Must Learn From Nigeria's Draw With Rwanda / 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
I thank God for this forum..

1. I'm very angry with the centre referee. I think he was bias and he favored Burkinafaso more. The fouls our boys committed were similar to fouls the faso boys committed yet we got yellow cards for ours while they got nothing..

2. I blame joseph yobo because he's not a fighter. When he saw what the referee was doing, he was meant to protest! I think they should emulate Barcelona players in this.. When next they bring any player down, the whole team should surround the referee to complain! That i didn't see. Yobo was so lose with the ball, he did not lift the spirit of the team when they needed gingering rather he was poor

3. I blame ike uche cuz he's not a clinical striker! Two clear chances and the only thing he could think was to send the ball to the sky. If Emenike had those chances, he would have taking it.

4. I blame stephen keshi, cuz he kept quite at the sidelines.. He has low technical capabilities! He couldn't make the right changes. I expected Emenike to play all through. And again, he did not pass instruction to his team to hold on to the ball for the remaining few minutes.

Nairalander's, who do you blame?

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by pelezico: 9:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
You and the other Nigerians are the reason why Nigerian soccer will not progress - No constructive criticism at all. Only blame this and blame that. Yes Nigeria could have played better (what happened to Victor Moses), true some players like Yobo were not at their best however I think we can build on this and perhaps play our best players consistently as i dont believe we did.

The referee was surprisingly biased and we seemed to have been struck by Arsenals jinxed 2006/2007 shocking officiating.

We will beat Zambia and Ethiopia. I just pray non of our players visits this forum

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by mumumugu(m): 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
Naija like blaming. Blaming blaming

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
@pelezico! This attitude you potray here is that of a typical Nigerian! suffering and smiling and dying in Silence.. Wth! We need to liberate ourselves from all this myopic mentality! When we see something wrong, we say it, we fight it! That's the only way Nigeria will progress in all ramification! And how is my criticism not constructive? Keshi knows if he doesn't deliver the Trophy or at worst second position, he would loose his Job.. You mentioned Moses? Fine! I think keshi should tell us why he was not on? There was no dribbler on pitch! Musa dribble weren't clean but atleast we managed some of his moves.. And again, i wish yobo see's this! Osaze has said yobo doesn't deserve the captain handband, was he not right? Didn't you see the captain of bukinafaso?

27 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Eifeh(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame keshi,Echiejine, yobo na minus one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
THE REFEREE. 100000000000000000000 TIMES.

NIGERIA WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT ARAB TERRORISTS IN MALI NO MATTER HOW MANY ANGRY ARAB REFEREES WISH TO TAKE IT OUT ON OUR TEAM.

21 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Super1759: 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame gej and bokoharam undecided

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by executinal(m): 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
First and foremost i now see why Osaze complain about our captain, Yobo was not up to his position as team captain, Mikel will even do a better job and motivation than Yobo.

Ref was biased but we could have killed the game at the last minute, which i expect Ike uche and his partner to do, but lack of experience made them to push more for goal.(This is were experience counts).

Mikel was not upto his game as he was at the first half, Echejile was playing with fear or should i say under pressure? no over lapping, always cause more for Yobo. I expect Keshi to bring in Moses and take Musa off, then take off Ideye and introduce Ik Uche, but his changes was just pure silly.

I hope we learn from this and go back to drawing board and stop blaming ref and co.

We must surely qualify to the next round we are all levelled that what matters most.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by akatonero(m): 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
The referre dnt smile with us at all and also blame all the players for not holding them at the last minutes
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by pelezico: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
bennyraz: @pelezico! This attitude you potray here is that of a typical Nigerian! suffering and smiling and dying in Silence.. Wth! We need to liberate ourselves from all this myopic mentality! When we see something wrong, we say it, we fight it! That's the only way Nigeria will progress in all ramification! And how is my criticism not constructive? Keshi knows if he doesn't deliver the Trophy or at worst second position, he would loose his Job.. You mentioned Moses? Fine! I think keshi should tell us why he was not on? There was no dribbler on pitch! Musa dribble weren't clean but atleast we managed some of his moves.. And again, i wish yobo see's this! Osaze has said yobo doesn't deserve the captain handband, was he not right? Didn't you see the captain of bukinafaso?

I watched the game and even the Eurosport guys were saying that the ref spoiled the game. Nigeria did not play a blinda, fine but they were a revelation compared to the nonsence of yesteryear.

Its not about seeing something wrong and then saying "hey man i gots to keep it real man - i tell it like it is". Who are your helping? I said criticism constructive. Your post is no different then the 100 of posts posted on this forum. Blame, accuse, destroy, and kill posts helps no one.

You cant even constructively analyse the game and the way forward. From what i have seen already in this tourny we played well. Yes im comparing Nigeria to bad standards but HECK the REF was BADDDDDD!!!!! the pitch was a JOKEEEE.

An Islamic referee grin grin grin grin grin grin in deed. What a joke.

We can see our defiencies but these problems are nationwide so why flog a dead horse. Just enjoy it but be useful

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by elampiro(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
pelezico: You and the other Nigerians are the reason why Nigerian soccer will not progress - No constructive criticism at all. Only blame this and blame that. Yes Nigeria could have played better (what happened to Victor Moses), true some players like Yobo were not at their best however I think we can build on this and perhaps play our best players consistently as i dont believe we did.

The referee was surprisingly biased and we seemed to have been struck by Arsenals jinxed 2006/2007 shocking officiating.

We will beat Zambia and Ethiopia. I just pray non of our players visits this forum

Victor Moses is slightly injured (hamstring). He is not fit yet.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by 2legit2qwt: 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame Goodluck Jonathan tongue

Always looking for who to blame for their shortcomings..Typical

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by tunapawizzy: 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
PDP AND GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Mptsheeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by kundul: 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blaame dis yeye frog

32 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
Its a game of football, you win some, you lose some and you draw some. Our team is not strong, thats just the fact.
No good AM, no good WF, no good CBs and no good SBs.
How do you expect to get a positive result with a team like that? The organisation and management of the team was poor.
I hope we perform better next time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
pelezico:

I watched the game and even the Eurosport guys were saying that the ref spoiled the game. Nigeria did not play a blinda, fine but they were a revelation compared to the nonsence of yesteryear.

Its not about seeing something wrong and then saying "hey man i gots to keep it real man - i tell it like it is". Who are your helping? I said criticism constructive. Your post is no different then the 100 of posts posted on this forum. Blame, accuse, destroy, and kill posts helps no one.

You cant even constructively analyse the game and the way forward. From what i have seen already in this tourny we played well. Yes im comparing Nigeria to bad standards but HECK the REF was BADDDDDD!!!!! the pitch was a JOKEEEE.

An Islamic referee grin grin grin grin grin grin in deed. What a joke.

We can see our defiencies but these problems are nationwide so why flog a dead horse. Just enjoy it but be useful

now your point is beginning to make sense.. The pitch was bad? Yes! The referee was bias? Yes! And our captain kept quite? Yes! Keshi couldn't pass instructions to his boys at the closing minutes? Yes! What else? Overall, the team is good but Keshi needs to step up his game, yobo needs to act like a Captain
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Youngzedd(m): 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
This space is for super chicken.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by tunapawizzy: 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
executinal: .
e dun tay wey u book ds space wt dot,u neva still reason weytin u go post, na so ur processoor slow reach

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by 2legit2qwt: 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
kundul: I blaame dis yeye frog

This got me rolling at work grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Chooman: 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
Have no time to discuss on those bunch of disappointments...going to bed!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by maxjax(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
liquor dey here
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by tunapawizzy: 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
bennyraz:
3. I blame ike uche cuz he's not a clinical striker! Two clear chances and the only thing he could think was to send the ball to the sky. If Emenike had those chances, he would have taking it.

Nairalander's, who do you blame?
taken not taking
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Morgan1092(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
U re busy blaming d ref while our defenders re busy flopping around. ¤WTF¤

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Morgan1092(m): 10:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
tunapawizzy:
taken not taking
Teacher Chike
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
All of you are spewing thrash, we drew the game simply bcox we lacked game management and the defender trying to turn inside his own box commited a school boy's error. Were u expectimg keshi To enter the pitch and play the match for u?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by elampiro(m): 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
The mistake was that Nigeria players had the ball in the opponents corner flag area with 15 seconds to final whistle (93.45), why did they attempt to go and score? It was two Eagles against one Burkinababe in the corner area, they could have kept possession there for one minute the least. Instead they went to try and go into their 18 yard box, it a bit of inexperience and lots of carelessness.

Having said the above, Nigeria did well considering we are rebuilding. Westerhof lost his first to Algeria 5-1 in 1990, though he went on to play the final of the tournament. I saw a fast attacking Eagles today, the fist time in 15 years or more. We can build on this.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by ismhab(m): 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blamed patient ebele jonathan, is she in nigeria or in germany?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Tonymyson: 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]4rm what i saw,i blame the defender's
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by simmydebadest(m): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame the technical team 4 nt using dia initiative! Wot happen 2 victor moses? ++++ de centre referee was extremely bias!!!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by mcwinnie: 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
[size=22pt]i blame the moderator for putting this on the front page[/size]
u think say it is easy to play 10 against 11
Well done boys, Good work Kechi

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Libkid(m): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame keshi and yobo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Banyana Banyana Miracle Vs. The Super Falcons Miracle / Liverpool Team Emerges As Europe's Most Valuable Squad / Troost-Ekong Wins Promotion To EPL With Watford

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.