Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (159793 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mykalls(m): 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
okpara ugo:

Maybe you didnt use a good mechanic. Plus, did your old shocks fail before you decided changing to a new one? Some mechanics do play tricks on car users especially when you dont purchase the new parts yourself and take away the old ones, they could rework/repack the old ones and fix them on your car. They did it to my shaft when i was a novice.

Did you do wheel alignment after changing your shocks?
Thank you very much Ugo. This morning i decided to take the car for wheel balancing and alignment. Guess what! the jerking disappeared. My car now runs very smoothly again. For a week plus now i have not taken the car to a car wash and it is really dirty. I will take it to a car wash today after close of business. It deserves a clean look again after coming back to life.

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by 0key: 7:10am On Apr 17, 2013
please I need help. where can I locate the EGR valve and knock sensor on camry 2002 for inspection? My car is pinging on acceleration. Is it adviseable to open the engine and clean the head cylinders? Pls help a brother in need of information.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by docadams: 11:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
Toyota corolla
2007 LE
V4 1.80
Bought this car in August 2011. Apart from routine maitainance, it has been start and go. I use quartz 7000 oil every 3months 4 servicing. Since d past 3 months d engine sound has become weak especially when idling and driving at low speed. Mileage is 128003. Is there any special servicing it needs or do I need 2 replace d engine? I love d car, though.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingi777: 6:25am On Apr 20, 2013
Hello car gurus, I use Toyota camry 2000 model, 2.2 engine, 4 plug, 70 litre capacity tank. My question is how many litres remains when the indicator light for low fuel show up? There was a day I added 10 litres when the light showed up, later I decided 2 fill up which consumed 62 litres. Now, if d capacity is 70 L, d reserve with d 10 L Fuel I added would not hv taken more than 50 L. Or is there a reservoir appart frm d 70 ltr written in d manual or is d fuel pump adjusted? I am using d car for 7 wks now.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by yemosla(m): 11:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
Guys pla enlighteen ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ on dis which is preferable ǎ̜̣̍ 1999 toyota avalon or ǎ̜̣̍ 1999 camry? And wats d difference in all this 1.8 litre,2.0ltr,2.2ltr and all dat ?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 8:16am On May 07, 2013
kingi777: Hello car gurus, I use Toyota camry 2000 model, 2.2 engine, 4 plug, 70 litre capacity tank. My question is how many litres remains when the indicator light for low fuel show up? There was a day I added 10 litres when the light showed up, later I decided 2 fill up which consumed 62 litres. Now, if d capacity is 70 L, d reserve with d 10 L Fuel I added would not hv taken more than 50 L. Or is there a reservoir appart frm d 70 ltr written in d manual or is d fuel pump adjusted? I am using d car for 7 wks now.

You said you had 10L inside before adding 62L. That will give a total of 72L so I dont understand your question. You must have used like 2L from the initial 10L before adding the 62L...... Its simple maths.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 8:18am On May 07, 2013
Where can I find Toyota service centre in PH? Can someone direct me? I am tired of this Ikoku guys. I need to change my shafts.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 8:22am On May 07, 2013
yemosla: Guys pla enlighteen ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ on dis which is preferable ǎ̜̣̍ 1999 toyota avalon or ǎ̜̣̍ 1999 camry? And wats d difference in all this 1.8 litre,2.0ltr,2.2ltr and all dat ?

I'm not a guru, but with my limited knowledge I think Avalon is bigger than Camry.
1.8, 2.0, 2.2L are engine capacity. I dont know the differences in detail but i'm sure they are different engine capacities..
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by laluski(m): 1:47pm On May 08, 2013
Hello fellow nairalanders
Pls if you need a good and genuine toyota mechanic you can contact this guy;
KABIRU: 07042545152
Samson(REWIRE): 07062704282
I can see somthing good and not tell you guys.Give them a trial...you won't regret it.
Tnx

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingi777: 7:05am On May 11, 2013
timbros:

You said you had 10L inside before adding 62L. That will give a total of 72L so I dont understand your question. You must have used like 2L from the initial 10L before adding the 62L...... Its simple maths.
I added 10 litres plus the more than 10 litres reserve ie more than 20 litres. If I now added 62 litre, it will then be about 80 litres instead of 70 litres capacity of the car.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by azat: 8:01am On May 12, 2013
Pls does anyone here use or know much about toyota avensis, particularly the 1998 or 99 models in terms of reliability. And please does toyota avensis ever come in LHD?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Lusola15: 10:27pm On May 27, 2013
Camry
YEAR: 1992
A.K.A: Orobo
ENGINE: I4 2.2

Plz I need to know d price of engine and autotrans or anyone in ladipo dt can help me.
Tx
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Olaposij(m): 4:28am On May 28, 2013
docadams: Toyota corolla
2007 LE
V4 1.80
Bought this car in August 2011. Apart from routine maitainance, it has been start and go. I use quartz 7000 oil every 3months 4 servicing. Since d past 3 months d engine sound has become weak especially when idling and driving at low speed. Mileage is 128003. Is there any special servicing it needs or do I need 2 replace d engine? I love d car, though.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Olaposij(m): 4:35am On May 28, 2013
docadams: Toyota corolla
2007 LE
V4 1.80
i use a 2006 camry. was initially using quartz 9000 but changed to quartz 7000 because of the price of 9000[8k]. i used quartz 7000 once and i had the same problem. i felt like my car engine sound changed so i changed back to quartz 9000.
i dont think quartz 7000 is meant to be used with toyota salon cars. either upgrade to quartz 9000 or completely change to mobil.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Olaposij(m): 6:52am On May 28, 2013
kingi777: I added 10 litres plus the more than 10 litres reserve ie more than 20 litres. If I now added 62 litre, it will then be about 80 litres instead of 70 litres capacity of the car.
most of the filling stations have tampered with their pumps..
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by 9icetoo(m): 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
This toyota owners forum has gone really quiet. Where are you guys? U dont have to have a complaint or an issue that needs sorting out before u come here. if u got any new knowledge about ur car or any other toyota, u can share with others here.
[i][/i]Rocking my 2002 big for nothing. Don't listen to what anyone has got to say, the car is a keeper. All u have to do is treat her well enough and she isn't demanding like a girlfriend. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sporti(m): 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
hello house

i just got

Toyota Corolla 2003
V4 1.8L CE
pls i want to know the best tyre and alloy rim to buy that will fit it

also which engine oil is best for the car

thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Saintp(m): 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
Guys,

What is the best transimission fluid for 99 camry? My mechanic uses seahorse on mine bt i dont trust the oil. I want to change but i'm not sure which one to use. 99 camry users, wot is ur take?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sweetboy4jesus: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
CAR GURUS, PLEASE I WANT TO PURCHASE A 2003 XLE MODEL OF TOYOTA CAMRY AKA BIG DADDY, HOW RELIABLE IS THIS CAR COMPARED TO THE 2001 MODEL, AS PER THE BODY STRENGTH, DURABILITY, FUEL CONSUMPTION, ACCIDENT RISK, MAINTENANCE ETC. ADVICE PLEASE
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by eluquenson(m): 10:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
sweetboy4jesus:
CAR GURUS, PLEASE I WANT TO PURCHASE A 2003 XLE MODEL OF TOYOTA CAMRY AKA BIG DADDY, HOW RELIABLE IS THIS CAR COMPARED TO THE 2001 MODEL, AS PER THE BODY STRENGTH, DURABILITY, FUEL CONSUMPTION, ACCIDENT RISK, MAINTENANCE ETC. ADVICE PLEASE
Am a Toyota Camry user precisely 1999 (tiny light). In terms of ruggedity, big is no where to be found, big daddy has no second hand value, it's just a product of Toyota.

My candid advice, go for 2001 model(droplight)
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by 6ft: 9:27am On Oct 06, 2014
ATTN ALL #TOYOTA CAR GURUS
***URGENT HELP NEEDED***

camry 2004 -xle
i4 2.4
big daddy

I got this wonder on wheels some 6mths ago its a beauty to behold and pleasure to drive..however d engine doesn't seem to hold oil for long especially after journeys! I do a 450-500k return trip every other week and after every such trip my engine oil fall short!
Before now I have tried different oil brands (20w50) they all fell short after the trip recently I got the recommended oil (5w30) milemaster from konga and hit the road. Lo and behold a check on the dipstick the next morn was a nightmare. it had fallen short too !

p.s there are no oil leaks beneath the engine and tail pipe doesn't smoke and check engine light is not on.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by tmanis(m): 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
Toyota eeeh...

just checked the dashboard of my dad's orobo, and saw mileage of over 512,000 miles...

chai! the car Don try...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
tmanis:
Toyota eeeh...

just checked the dashboard of my dad's orobo, and saw mileage of over 512,000 miles...

chai! the car Don try...

WTHeck! 512k miles?

My orobo is 149k currently and still very sweet.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by tmanis(m): 11:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
timbros:

WTHeck! 512k miles?

My orobo is 149k currently and still very sweet.
I was also surprised oo... your car has a "long way" to go...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 10:26am On Oct 07, 2014
tmanis:

I was also surprised oo... your car has a "long way" to go...

Lol...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by VolvoS60(m): 3:30am On Nov 12, 2014
6ft:
***URGENT HELP NEEDED***

camry 2004 -xle
i4 2.4
big daddy

I got this wonder on wheels some 6mths ago its a beauty to behold and pleasure to drive..however d engine doesn't seem to hold oil for long especially after journeys! I do a 450-500k return trip every other week and after every such trip my engine oil fall short!
Before now I have tried different oil brands (20w50) they all fell short after the trip recently I got the recommended oil (5w30) milemaster from konga and hit the road. Lo and behold a check on the dipstick the next morn was a nightmare. it had fallen short too !

p.s there are no oil leaks beneath the engine and tail pipe doesn't smoke and check engine light is not on.

^^^
Strange. Perhaps your vehicle could be in the early stages of ring and/or piston wear?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by VolvoS60(m): 3:57am On Nov 12, 2014
Following the thread's recommended format:

Model (multi-user household): RAV 4, Corolla, Camry
Year: 2008, 2006, 2012
Engine: 2.0?, 1.8?, 2.4
Transmission: automatic

Not much going on in this thread. As someone said - maybe its because Toyota problems are few and far between... wink

There may be some truth in that. Apart from a failed differential (replaced under warranty), a faulty fuel gauge sensor (left me stranded on the bridge angry), worn stabilizer bushings, warped rotors (dealer's fault angry) and a clogged fuel pump (my fault for regularly running low on fuel), not much else has gone wrong in 6 years of ownership of the RAV4. Not bad for a car that's been driven hard in Lagos traffic, off road and across country. The Corolla has had no problems apart from a leak in the fuel hose. Zero issues with the Camry.

Toyota works. wink Damn reliable. No complicated electrics or electronics hell, no mechanical failures. No overheating madness. The cars just wake up in the morning and do what they are asked to do with no fuss.

Japanese quality control is a wonderful thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Chiboy484(m): 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
datola:
Toyota cars are largely problem free autos, unlike others, that's why people are not commenting. Most of the issues have been easily resolved by roadside mechos.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by idiahiseal: 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
I have a camry 06 model, itz a V4 engine.it usually makes a noise in the right back leg when I pass a road that isn't smooth esp when there re bumps, can anyone please tell me what d problem will likely be..tanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by 9icetoo(m): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
6ft:
***URGENT HELP NEEDED***

camry 2004 -xle
i4 2.4
big daddy

6ft, don't panic yet. Some engines do that and the 2AZFE in your car is one of those engines. However there is a limit. If the oil consumption is 1 litre per 1000 miles then you are okay. Please note that the quantity of oil between the full mark and low mark on your dipstick, is roughly 1 litre. So even when your oil level is dangerously close to the low mark, you still have about three litres of oil in your engine.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by 9icetoo(m): 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
idiahiseal:
I have a camry 06 model, itz a V4 engine.it usually makes a noise in the right back leg when I pass a road that isn't smooth esp when there re bumps, can anyone please tell me what d problem will likely be..tanks
Its most likely your stabilizer or linkage. Tell your mechanic to check them out. Its annoying i know but its not really a big deal.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by tuoyoojo(m): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
My toyota corolla. 07 (bank type) "bounces" wen am on low speed (40km/hr). I have done wheel balancing n alignment, changed all four shocks at different times, change tires 6 times. d problem goes for a short while and comes again.I noticed dis bouncing tin since I brought d car from a friend who said he neva had that issue with d car.

Also my ac has being acting up since I bought d car. I hav filled d gas 5 times in less dan 6 months. Dey hav checked for leaks, none was found.I took d car for scanning and dey said the evapourator was bad. I bought a made in china evapourator cuz dey couldn't get a 2nd hand one.now d ac has stopped cooling again after about 2 months. Wat cud be d problem.
Is der a good mechanic anyone knows in abuja where I cud be refered to

Asides dat am really enjoying d car. Muaaah to d fuel economy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.