Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,524 members, 7,801,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot (9256 Views)

Recruitment: Mbu begs Buhari to rehabilitate Police colleges / EFCC Sets Up Four-man Panel On Diezani / Presidency Feeding Budget Higher Than Capital Allocation For 10 Police Colleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by LocalChamp: 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2013
Govt raises 11-man panel to probe Police Colleges’ rot

Posted by: Gbade Ogunwale, Abuja on January 23, 2013

The Federal Government yesterday set up an 11-man committee to probe the rot in Police Colleges.

The committee will also ascertain the amount of money appropriated for the police to renovate and upgrade the police institutions between 2009 and 2012.

Director, Special duties in the Police Affairs Ministry is the head of the probe team raised by Police Affairs Minister Omoniyi Olubolabe.

The committee has one week to submit its report.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday visited the Police College in Lagos after Channels Television exposed the rot in the school.

Members of the committee are: Rep. of NPF-Vice Chairman, Director, Finance and Account-Member, Director, PID-Member, Director, PSD-Member, 3 Nos. Representatives of NPF-Member, Legal Adviser-Member, Head of Budget Division-Member, Head of Internal Audit-Member, Head of External Audit-Member and Secretary-PRS.

The committee’s term of reference are:

•To ascertain the amount of funds appropriated by the Federal Government of Nigeria to the NPF for renovations/upgrade of the Nigeria Police Institutions between 2009 and 2012 and total donations received in the period under review.

•To examine the budget proposed/appropriated by NPF for the Training Institutions between 2009 and 2012

•To verify the utilisation of the appropriation to the NPF for the upgrade of facilities in the following Police Training Institutions.

•Detective College Enugu;

•PMF Training Schools Gwoza and

•Illa Oragun, ATS Training School, Nonwa Tai;

•Police Colleges Ikeja, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Oji-River, PTS Iperu.

•To ascertain if the Heads of the NPF Formations were regularly updating the NPF Management on the conditions of the Institutions between 2009 – 2012 and what actions were taken by the Management of NPF sequel to such;

•To examine the design and capacity of the institutions vis-à-vis the current number of intakes;

•To examine the current condition of infrastructure in all the NPF training institutions and make appropriate recommendations to Government;

•To consider any other matter relevant.

Olubolade said his ministry and the police management team will address the rot in police colleges in the country without delay.

He spoke to reporters after a meeting with Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar at the Force Headquarters yesterday. ,The minister said the matter is of priority to the government.

Olubolade said the meeting with the IGP centred on how to fix the decay in police colleges and how to tackle the rising wave of terrorism, kidnapping and other criminal activities in the land.

The minister said: “We looked at the training of policemen and the training institutions not only on police colleges because solving the problem of police colleges alone is not enough.

“We will solve the problem of police colleges and that of other training institutions including the Police Academy in Kano as well as the Staff College in Jos.

“Once we address those issues, we will be making better progress. So, if you ask me, this meeting was aimed at repositioning the police to attend to training matters. To attend to operational matters so that this year, we will see a better policing in Nigeria police.”

“Nigerians should expect a highly professional police force that will stand up and face the challenges that are confronting our nation. And to do that, I have to constantly meet with the management team headed by the IGP who is here with me as many times as possible.

“This is to ensure that we are on course with our plan, to ensure that whatever we asked for to make the police force more efficient, is given to us. It is also to ensure that we are making progress in fighting crime, criminality and terrorism.

“Like I said, I am here to follow up on what I have just spoken about; to interact with the IGP and his management team, to look at lapses that may exist and how we will surmount them because it is a joint effort and I think it is critical to do that.

“The IGP is making some progress in certain areas and I will also have to look at them”.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/govt-raises-11-man-panel-to-probe-police-colleges-rot/
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Tolexander: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
just as if i knew that the President would form a COMMITTEE that will decide on what the COMMITTEE that will direct the COMMITTEE that will finance the COMMITTEE that will look unto what the COMMITTEE that will
Probe Police Colleges’ Rot.

23 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Demdem(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
Another panel shocked shocked an indication that most likely, nothing will be done at the end of the day. time will tell.

11 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by atikubaba(m): 5:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
we r nt surprised at all.dats dia way.setting up committe is an indication of a failed system.noting will com out of it ,it will go d ways if oda committes b4 it.mtweeeeee.

2 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Gbawe: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
Demdem: Another panel shocked shocked an indication that most likely, nothing will be done at the end of the day. time will tell.

Another probe panel? Like number 350 under GEJ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

"Why I dey laff? Man no fit cry" . Fela Anikulapo Kuti.

13 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by takedat(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
This government is an unserious one. Why constitute a panel comprising members of a bureaucracy that has hitherto been responsible for the problems of the Police Force? Is the minister just being aware of the inhabitable conditions of the college? A minister who needs the help of an outside body before he realises and act on the rot beneath him, is irresponsible and ought to be sacked but not with a GEJ, who harbours corrupt and inept individuals!

18 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by EkoIle1: 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
Let me know when GEJ appoints the 3rd committee.

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Blyss: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
LOL, what a joke. cheesy Why do these fools create a fuucked up panel for everything, and at the end do nothing about the problem the panel was created to address? Most of the funds given to fund these committees end up missing half the time. cheesy Nigeria is so fuucked up. The only working normal place in that nation is Lagos thanks to the rare presence of an actual halfway decent leader in that place.

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by takedat(m): 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2013
Blyss: LOL, what a joke. cheesy Why do these fools create a fuucked up panel for everything, and at the end do nothing about the problem the panel was created to address? Most of the funds given to fund these committees end up missing half the time. cheesy Nigeria is so fuucked up. The only working normal place in that nation is Lagos thanks to the rare presence of an actual halfway decent leader in that place.
lol. Its a deceitful and thieving government

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by CyberG: 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2013
The lowlife retardeen saw the rot of the college with his own eyes, Channels aired the documentary for the whole world to see, now a committee has been created to do the work some people are paid and supposed to be doing? Let the lapdogs come and eat their usual shaite by explaining how a committee is the answer to this problem. LOL...

3 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Goddex: 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
All na show!!! Minister of Police affairs just want to be seen to be doig something just because his oga visited the place.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by egift(m): 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
Eko Ile: Let me know when GEJ appoints the 3rd committee.

And do inform me when he setup the 4th committee to review the conclusions the 3rd, that reviewed the finds of the 2nd after it replaced the 1st on the same rot in Police Colleges.

3 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Maxymilliano(m): 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
Setting up a committee either by GEJ or Olubolade is diversionary, unnecessary and waste of man hours, the police service commission can provide the needed informations regarding how the various sums allocated for training and development of Police formations is spent.

I'll be greatly disappointed in the president if the minister for police affairs, Caleb Olubolade and the Chairman of police service commission, Parry Osayande ends up retaining their post.

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by CyberG: 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
Maxymilliano: Setting up a committee either by GEJ or Olubolade is diversionary, unnecessary and waste of man hours, the police service commission can provide the needed informations regarding how the various sums allocated for training and development of Police formations is spent.

I'll be greatly disappointed in the president if the minister for police affairs, Caleb Olubolade and the Chairman of police service commission, Parry Osayande ends up retaining their post.

What did you think will happen before? I am sure you know what is coming after this one: ANOTHER COMMITTEE to appraise or IMPLEMENT the work of this committee. No be this man??
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Wendyslim(f): 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
Interesting, all hands are on desk tongue
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Siga: 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
CyberG:

What did you think will happen before? I am sure you know what is coming after this one: ANOTHER COMMITTEE to appraise or IMPLEMENT the work of this committee. No be this man??
...And another committee to probe the Appraisal of the work done...lol

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
From committee to panel, what next? After all people are complaining about so many committees, now we're getting panels.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by SEYIKP(m): 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
EGBERE AT IT AGAIN

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by pharmow: 10:22pm On Jan 24, 2013
HYPOCRITES. There are so many of them in Nigeria
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Osama10(m): 10:22pm On Jan 24, 2013
Woe on to Nigeria.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by kaysy(m): 10:23pm On Jan 24, 2013
Its now a panel, its no longer committee
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
GEJ is entirely predictable.

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Akiika: 10:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
One NLer was keeping track of the committees GEJ has formed since in office. He just might get into the Guinness book of record.
Ah ah! "baba weere ni bobo onimun la yi o".

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by EbiJUNIRO(m): 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
CORRECT.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by sessydoo(m): 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
Committee again Jona! at least let the Officer in charge step aside first b4 the investigation or whateva committe begins......this Man no just gett balls at all

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by tonym1(m): 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
WHAT IS THERE TO PROBE ....... FIRED EVERYBODY
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by GAR3TH(m): 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
Cause of Rotting police colleges-
-Corruption
-Mismanagement
-Poor Maintenance
-Money laundering
-Poor Leadership

There, I did not need an 11 man panel to do that.

3 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
All these committees don't run on fumes but money running to tens or hundreds of millions which could be used to renovate the said police college itself. Nothing will be done at the end of the recommendation of the committee.

3 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by SisiKill1: 10:32pm On Jan 24, 2013
Prof Corruption: GEJ is entirely predictable.

Now! Now! Give him some credit for waiting 24 days into the new year before starting anothe round of committee forming. Oh yeah, another plus for the using PANEL instead the tired COMMITTEE.

Hey you gotta take your positives any where you can find 'em.

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 24, 2013
Na today,all na wash,what's the outcome of other panel,or committee raised in the past. That PDP puppet called GEJ has nothing to offer Nigerians. His going to the police college is a political film-trick. Let's watch,and see.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by ifihearam: 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2013
This is a very wise and good step your excellency,if he fires all you will be the first to complain,remember the decay has been there for the past 30years,this administration is bent to ensure that things are done normally and with accordance of the rule of law.

Once more I think and know its a very good move,and anyone found wanting must face the full powers of the law and the presidency.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by KINGwax(m): 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
Here we go again...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IGP, 3000 Policemen For Jonathan’s Visit To Borno, Yobe / Jubrin's Allegations: EFCC, ICPC, Police May Clash Over Budget Padding Probe / Why Nia, Dss, Efcc Will Continue To Clash – Nsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.