Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister (2316 Views)

Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo / Power Minister To TCN: Perform Or Bow Out / Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by chygoz3(m): 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
Professor Chinedu Nebo has been nominated for the new Power minister by President Goodluck Jonathan
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/commentary/50526-nebo-as-power-minister

1 Like

Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by mike404(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
I comment my reserve grin
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
Finally...
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by MrGlobe(m): 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
ok. Another igbo technocrat to the rescue. But does he have any precedence in the power sector?
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by Odunnu: 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Wtf!!
I am sorry guys, but I dont believe in this man.
DAMN!
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by Afam4eva(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mr. Globe:
ok. Another igbo technocrat to the rescue. But does he have any precedence in the power sector?
I think i read someone that he has a background in engineering. I'm not sure though.
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by Mcdondayan: 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
Even if Patience jonathan is nominated as power minister, all i need is constant power suply
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by GARRIx7(m): 7:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ok!!

Let's see how he'll perform....

cool
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
OK na!
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by malignant1: 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
Professor Chinedu Nebo is not the right man for the job
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by PointB: 8:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
I sincerely hope he is able to deliver.

All the best Prof!
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by malignant1: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think i read someone that he has a background in engineering. I'm not sure though.
He is a professor in metalurgic and material engineering from ESUT. Later became the VC of UNN with the help of Gov. Chimaroke Nnamani during his rosy days with OBJ. During his tenure, he increased UNN sch. fees by 800%! Promoted his kinsman Professor Bath Okolo from his position to prof in a record time. Later masterminded his appointment as the UNN VC. Though he is a venerable in Anglican church, he is also corrupt! He oversaw the embezzlement of funds and other corrupt practices during NUGA games. He is not suited for the job. He lacks the temperament to occupy such a sensitive post.
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
Prof Nebo Chinedu is a first class engineer. He is just PERFECT for the power ministry.

You must give it to president GEJ. He has an eye for COMPETENT persons and most importantly the political will to appoint such persons, some of whom may not have voted or supported him in the last election.

Check out some of the appointees of GEJ: Prof Jega, Okonjo Iweala, Stella Odua, Akinwumi Adeshina, Mike Onolememe, Sam Amadi, Mike Igini, etc. If these highly cerebral, competent and hardworking persons, working with Mr president, fail to deliver Nigeria, WHO WILL?
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Prof Nebo Chinedu is a first class engineer. He is just PERFECT for the power ministry.

You must give it to president GEJ. He has an eye for COMPETENT persons and most importantly the political will to appoint such persons, some of whom may not have voted or supported him in the last election.

Check out some of the appointees of GEJ: Prof Jega, Okonjo Iweala, Stella Odua, Akinwumi Adeshina, Mike Onolememe, Sam Amadi, Mike Igini, etc. If these highly cerebral, competent and hardworking persons, working with Mr president, fail to deliver Nigeria, WHO WILL?
did you read the post above yours? I wonder what Jonathan derives in appointing people who have track record of corruption. smh...
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by taharqa: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
Both nominees hv bn approvd by d Senate today, but I doubt if Prof Nebo hv bn assignd any particular portfolio. He is evidently Competent, I hope he is assignd to a critical ministry as Power...
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by Wadeoye(m): 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
mali_gnant:
He is a professor in metalurgic and material engineering from ESUT. Later became the VC of UNN with the help of Gov. Chimaroke Nnamani during his rosy days with OBJ. During his tenure, he increased UNN sch. fees by 800%! Promoted his kinsman Professor Bath Okolo from his position to prof in a record time. Later masterminded his appointment as the UNN VC. Though he is a venerable in Anglican church, he is also corrupt! He oversaw the embezzlement of funds and other corrupt practices during NUGA games. He is not suited for the job. He lacks the temperament to occupy such a sensitive post.

Any Igbo man will do all you listed here... Let him serve his tenure or pick from any other region of the country.
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by nanomole: 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Nebo it was who introduced the post UME test in the Nigerian university system. For whatever it is worth, it speaks volume of the innovativeness of the man to have introduced something that others adopted, in an ultra conservative country such as Nigeria.
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
Odunnu: Wtf!!
I am sorry guys, but I dont believe in this man.
DAMN!

why sister?
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by billante(m): 11:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
Prof chinedu nebo is a metulugical engineer,an anglican reverend priest,an administrator and corrupt free....has no power company anywhere so there will be no conflict of interest in him favouring his company like wat happened to prof nnaji!

So I think he is a good candidate for d job....

Not forgetting dat most of the dirty stubborn issues like labour issues has been sorted out by nnaji and also with GEJ determined political will....so most of the hard wrk has been done,its just for d new man to sit back and oversee already laid down road map!
Which prof nebo can effectively do well.
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 24, 2013
I only know that I saw this man bring sanity to UNN. I hope he will be able to bring sanity to the power sector too.
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by ukpeters: 7:53am On Jan 30, 2013
For all its worth, i know the man Prof Nebo...i studied in ESUT while he was the deputy VC. The man is a first class Metallurgical Engr from the US, absolutely corrupt free (i can attest to that), fears God and his integrity is undoubted. When i heard the nomination, i was convinced for once that GEJ means business. I just dont know what is wrong with 9ja...like someone said if brilliant minds like these cant fix this problem, then....i rest my case
Re: Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister by 9jaIhail(m): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2013
berem: did you read the post above yours? I wonder what Jonathan derives in appointing people who have track record of corruption. smh...

How sure are you that the post above is credible and feeding us with facts? Or do u just care to read anything that discredit the man? Can you take a look at these posts below.

ukpeters: For all its worth, i know the man Prof Nebo...i studied in ESUT while he was the deputy VC. The man is a first class Metallurgical Engr from the US, absolutely corrupt free (i can attest to that), fears God and his integrity is undoubted. When i heard the nomination, i was convinced for once that GEJ means business. I just dont know what is wrong with 9ja...like someone said if brilliant minds like these cant fix this problem, then....i rest my case

Bludeville: I only know that I saw this man bring sanity to UNN. I hope he will be able to bring sanity to the power sector too.

billante: Prof chinedu nebo is a metulugical engineer,an anglican reverend priest,an administrator and corrupt free....has no power company anywhere so there will be no conflict of interest in him favouring his company like wat happened to prof nnaji!

So I think he is a good candidate for d job....

Not forgetting dat most of the dirty stubborn issues like labour issues has been sorted out by nnaji and also with GEJ determined political will....so most of the hard wrk has been done,its just for d new man to sit back and oversee already laid down road map!
Which prof nebo can effectively do well.

nanomole: Nebo it was who introduced the post UME test in the Nigerian university system. For whatever it is worth, it speaks volume of the innovativeness of the man to have introduced something that others adopted, in an ultra conservative country such as Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Why The African Lions Stayed Poor And The Asian Tigers Became Rich / Ngige Started Kidnapping In Anambra – Obi / ‘jonathan Handlers Have Accepted Defeat In Kano’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.