Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World (4635 Views)

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by lekkie073(m): 9:56am On Jan 25, 2013
ochukoccna: If Lagos is unlivable,what will you say about the rest of Nigeria then?
Nigeria has its issues (serious ones at that) yet this is cheap western propaganda.
So you mean hell holes like Somalia,Afghanistan,Congo DRC,Central African Republic,Niger Republic,Chad,Yemen,those forgotten Soviet republics,Mali,Burma etc are BETTER PLACES to live in than Lasgidi?
help me ask them o.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Arsenate(m): 10:21am On Jan 25, 2013
Not surprised at all...in fact the only surprise here is that there are 2 other cities that are worse than lagos (those places have to be hell). If u feel otherwise, then u are just among the very few that live places like Lekki, VI and the likes. A huge percentage of lagos residents do live in very very terrible conditions: they probably have the worst standard of living in the country.
The noise, the congestion, the traffic, the unnecessarily expensive rent, the rude agberos; just nothing pleasant about that place.
A very very terrible place Lagos is; by far the worst in the country, especially if u are a low to middle income earner. U can argue all day, all night it still won't change that fact.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by lekkie073(m): 10:42am On Jan 25, 2013
Arsenate: Not surprised at all...in fact the only surprise here is that there are 2 other cities that are worse than lagos (those places have to be hell). If u feel otherwise, then u are just among the very few that live places like Lekki, VI and the likes. A huge percentage of lagos residents do live in very very terrible conditions: they probably have the worst standard of living in the country.
The noise, the congestion, the traffic, the unnecessarily expensive rent, the rude agberos; just nothing pleasant about that place.
A very very terrible place Lagos is; by far the worst in the country, especially if u are a low to middle income earner. U can argue all day, all night it still won't change that fact.
would u have preferred to still be in ur village?
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by caesaraba(m): 11:05am On Jan 25, 2013
lekkie073:
if lagos is unlivable, then other states in naija r not fit for living things grin

Typical! Just plain typical! I'm sure when you went outside Lagos for service you were shocked shocked shocked to actually see humans breathing oxygen and living normal (probably in your definition, 'abnormal') lives.

Well, as for the livability index, I think the government in Lagos is putting the right things in place so as to make it better. In a few years time, Lasgidi will climb that livability index real fast. This is due to the culture of independence from the F.G which the Tinubu and Fashola have created and hopefully the next Governors will follow.
Unfortunately, life will get harder for those who have adopted the Agbero template in modeling their lifestyles as they would find it difficult to cope with the orderliness and respect for rules which exist within the seeming chaos of a livable city.

E.g, park illegally, get fined by Lastma. The ban on okada.
Many of those who find it livable now, might find it unlivable when the dream Lagos is achieved.
No insult me o. No be fight.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by lekkie073(m): 11:20am On Jan 25, 2013
caesaraba:

Typical! Just plain typical! I'm sure when you went outside Lagos for service you were shocked shocked shocked to actually see humans breathing oxygen and living normal (probably in your definition, 'abnormal') lives.

Well, as for the livability index, I think the government in Lagos is putting the right things in place so as to make it better. In a few years time, Lasgidi will climb that livability index real fast. This is due to the culture of independence from the F.G which the Tinubu and Fashola have created and hopefully the next Governors will follow.
Unfortunately, life will get harder for those who have adopted the Agbero template in modeling their lifestyles as they would find it difficult to cope with the orderliness and respect for rules which exist within the seeming chaos of a livable city.

E.g, park illegally, get fined by Lastma. The ban on okada.
Many of those who find it livable now, might find it unlivable when the dream Lagos is achieved.
No insult me o. No be fight.
suffix to say dat 80% of agberos, touts and street urchins come from outside Lagos. there's no law in Lagos data can catch me napping. born and brought up in surulere, am not one to complain of Lagos being unlivable. I am not talking for those in ajegunle, makoko, and other slums. they are probably the sojourners dat turned Lagos into rubbish.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by anulaxad(m): 6:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
lekkie073:
u r d liar. check very well, u will see dat dat ur grandma's place had been tarred way back.....it wasn't maintained dats y it's like dat. IKEja for that matter. tell me d street if u r not lying. grin
I DON'T LIVE IN LAGOS MATE. I AM BORN AND BREED IN BRITAIN.
#AND AS I SAID IT WAS NEVER TARRED. THE ROAD STATE TODAY IS ALL SANDY,MUDDY, DIRTY WATER HOLES IT'S JUST UNBELIEVABLE.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Ejine(m): 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mr. Globe:
is it a lie? Let our SW brothers keep overating Lagos - The world's biggest slum. If we say it, they call us tribalists, wonder what they will call Christina. The people that love living a lie.

Nah - Mumbai is the champion, but Lagos is the 'deputy boss' in that department. If our planet earth were a large video game arena, Lagos would be the stage you'd meet the 'second boss', before going to battle the 'final boss' in Mumbai cool

I remember when that dumb tribalist retarrd Katsumoto got pisssed because I simply said Lagos ain't shiiit to my family, and that none of my relatives live, work or depend on that revolting floating slum. He thought I was lying and tried to throw some passive-aggressive jab my way, but I was quick to put him in his place.
I guess our countrymen on that region of the country think it's everyone who gives a royal phuck about that disgusting shiithole known as Lagos.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by lekkie073(m): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
anulaxad: I DON'T LIVE IN LAGOS MATE. I AM BORN AND BREED IN BRITAIN.
#AND AS I SAID IT WAS NEVER TARRED. THE ROAD STATE TODAY IS ALL SANDY,MUDDY, DIRTY WATER HOLES IT'S JUST UNBELIEVABLE.
this means u don't know what u r saying. where u r is best for u jare...... so is where I am....... grin
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Goddex: 11:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Lekƙie037
You are a typical suffering and smiling kind of guy.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by anulaxad(m): 11:39am On Jan 26, 2013
Goddex: @Lekƙie037

well there got to be some right cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by lekkie073(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
Goddex: @Lekƙie037
would u have preferred d opposite? enjoying and crying.. shocked
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by anulaxad(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2013
lekkie073:
would u have preferred d opposite? enjoying and crying.. shocked
ARE NIGERIANS NOT CRYING ENOUGH.

YES I DEFINITELY WOULD.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by lekkie073(m): 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
anulaxad: ARE NIGERIANS NOT CRYING ENOUGH.

YES I DEFINITELY WOULD.
well, me am a Nigerian and always smiling. suffering? definitely not
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by londoner: 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2013
lekkie073:
suffix to say dat 80% of agberos, touts and street urchins come from outside Lagos. there's no law in Lagos data can catch me napping. born and brought up in surulere, am not one to complain of Lagos being unlivable. I am not talking for those in ajegunle, makoko, and other slums. they are probably the sojourners dat turned Lagos into rubbish.

Does it matter who came from where......at the end of the day Lagos is stressful and polluted which has made it unlivable.

Why you are using so much energy to blame the state of Lagos on "sojourners"/outsiders/ I do not know, but I find it amusing that you do.....lol.

Sure, Lagos is slowly changing and will one day, not earn its place in the list of unlivable places.......but that day is not today.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by anulaxad(m): 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
lekkie073:
well, me am a Nigerian and always smiling. suffering? definitely not
YOUR SUFFERING,YOU JUST DON'T KNOW YET,ARE YOU RECEIVING FREE EDUCATION,ARE YOU RECEIVING FREE HEALTHCARE,ARE YOU ENTITLED TO FUNDS IF YOU ARE NOT WORKING.

AND THAT'S JUST SOME OF THE NORMAL BENEFITS WE RECEIVE BY THE GOVERNMENT JUST ALONE IN THE UK.

I REALLY FEEL NIGERIANS DESERVE MORE LAGOS IS AN UTTER DISGRACE,AND PEOPLE FROM A RICH COUNTRY DO NOT DESERVE TO LIVE IN SUCH A HORRIFIC PLACE.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by lekkie073(m): 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
anulaxad: YOUR SUFFERING,YOU JUST DON'T KNOW YET,ARE YOU RECEIVING FREE EDUCATION,ARE YOU RECEIVING FREE HEALTHCARE,ARE YOU ENTITLED TO FUNDS IF YOU ARE NOT WORKING.

AND THAT'S JUST SOME OF THE NORMAL BENEFITS WE RECEIVE BY THE GOVERNMENT JUST ALONE IN THE UK.

I REALLY FEEL NIGERIANS DESERVE MORE LAGOS IS AN UTTER DISGRACE,AND PEOPLE FROM A RICH COUNTRY DO NOT DESERVE TO LIVE IN SUCH A HORRIFIC PLACE.
I pray u don't get deported too as I can see u r someone who likes awoof..... free education, free everything....... hello, I ve been in d UK countless times but I still can't fathom taking up residency there because I dislike 2nd class citizenship unlike u
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by lekkie073(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
anulaxad: YOUR SUFFERING,YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.
am suffering because am in naija. so, Adenuga Mike, Fashola and all those living in naija are suffering. u r d greatest sufferer because u live in perpetual fear knowing fully well dat u r a second class citizen in a white man's land.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chibok Girls: Kcee Embarrassed In America / 3 Thousand Mega Watts Amaraku Dam Constructed By Okorocha. Picture. / 85yr Old Emir Of Daura & His Pretty Young Wife Welcome Child(See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.