Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb (74241 Views)

2015 Waec Civic And Literature Question Ans Answers Release / Online tutorial in Physics, Chemistry, Maths for Jamb and pume / Government/crs Online Tutorial for jamb and Pume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 6:30am On Jan 24, 2013
The surest way to success, is to be persistent, until u hit it hard. Dis s a helping thread if u wish to..

1 Like

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 6:38am On Jan 24, 2013
Syllabus 4 jamb
1. Drama
a.types(tragedy, comedy, tragi comedy, melo drama, farce)
b.dramatic techniques
c.interpretatn of d prescribed texts
2. PROSE
a. Types
b. Narrative techniques
c. Textual analyse
3. POETRY
a. Types
b. Poetic devices
c. Appreciation
4.GENERAL LITERARY PRINCIPLES
a. Literary terms
5. LITERARY APPRECIATION
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 6:45am On Jan 24, 2013
Selected african and non african plays..

DRAMA
JC DE CRAFT: sons and daughters
William shakespeare: romeo and juliet

PROSE
Buchi emecheta: The Joy of motherhoood
Ferdinand Oyono: The old man and the medal
George orwell: Nineteen Eighty Four

POETRY
African
Adeoti Gbemisola: Naked soles
D. Rubadiri: An african thunder storm
Kobena Eyi Acquah: In d navel of the soul
Mazisi Kunene: Heritage of liberation
Okinba Launko: End of the war
Traditional: Give me the minstrels seat
NON AFRICAN
Andrew mabel: To His coy mistress
D.H. Lawrence: Bat
T.S Elliot: The journey of the magi
Wendy Cope: Sonnet
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:03am On Jan 24, 2013
GIVE ME THE MINSTREL'S SEAT- TRADITIONAL POEM

Give me the minstrel's seat that i may sit and ask you a word, my friends.
Let me ask for what reason or rhyme women refuse to marry?
Woman cannot exist except by man, what is there in that to vex some of them so?
A woman is she who has a husband and she cannot but prosper.
Cleave unto your man and his kinsmen will become jealous
His kinsmen have planted cocoyams but d fruit they reap is dum-palm nuts!
We think you plant the borassus palm, the teak, the mnga and the solanum tree,
When man goes on the road he goes with a friend, for he who walks alone has no good fortune.
As man goes through life soon he is pierced by the thorn,
Or the sand-mote enters his eyes and he needs a friend to remove it.
Likewise I give u advice, the rich man and the poor man.
Joim hands accross the shroud.
Better a loin-cloth witout disgrace than d fine-flowered shawl of shame.

1 Like

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:10am On Jan 24, 2013
Question on GIVE ME THE MINSTREL SEAT
1.woman cannot exist except by man, what is there in that to vex some of them so? (the statement above from the peom GIVE ME THE MINSTRELS SEAT EXEMPLIIFIES
A. Litotes
B. Rhetorical question
C. Tranferred ephithet
D. Synecdoche

2. The theme of the peom "GIVE ME THE MINSTREL SEAT CENTRES on
A. Divorce
B. Fortune
C. Marriage
D. Companionship

3.acordin to Give me the Minstrels Seat, a woman is
a. A necessary evil
b. Only fulfilled when married
c. Naturally jealous
d. A harbinger of good luck

4. The persona in d poem Give me the minstrels seat discourages
a. Togetherness
b. Hatred
c. Isolation
d. Poverty

5. Give me the minstrels seat ends on a clarion call for
a. Freedom
b. Peace
c. Rectitude
d. Commitment
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by lilchris: 11:37am On Jan 24, 2013
Fynestboi: Question on GIVE ME THE MINSTREL SEAT
1.woman cannot exist except by man, what is there in that to vex some of them so? (the statement above from the peom GIVE ME THE MINSTRELS SEAT EXEMPLIIFIES
A. Litotes
B. Rhetorical question
C. Tranferred ephithet
D. Synecdoche

A. Divorce
B. Fortune
C. Marriage
D. Companionship

a. A necessary evil
c. Naturally jealous

a. Togetherness
b. Hatred
c. Isolation
d. Poverty

a. Freedom
b. Peace
c. Rectitude
d. Commitment
ans..1.b.2.d.3.b4.c.5.d
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2013
lilchris:
ans..1.b.2.d.3.b4.c.5.d
nice one
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Alhasan1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2013
What about sonet? I think it is too technical because Jamb doesn't specify. I need more especially ur perception about arriving at d right answer when dealing with unseen prose and drama. Keep d ball rolling
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by saleemema(m): 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
Fynestboi: Question on GIVE ME THE MINSTREL SEAT
A. Litotes
B. Rhetorical question
C. Tranferred ephithet
D. Synecdoche

A. Divorce
B. Fortune
C. Marriage
D. Companionship

a. A necessary evil
c. Naturally jealous

a. Togetherness
b. Hatred
c. Isolation
d. Poverty

a. Freedom
b. Peace
c. Rectitude
d. Commitment
@fynestboi, are you quoting those poems from the combined syllabus? If Yes, what's the name, and who is author? I need the combined one
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by saleemema(m): 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
Al-hasan:
i need more especially ur perception about arriving at d right answer when dealing with unseen prose and drama. Keep d ball rolling
Just learn the literary terms first, then you'll understand it better
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by lilchris: 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
saleemema: @fynestboi, are you quoting those poems from the combined syllabus? If Yes, what's the name, and who is author? I need the combined one
that's the full poem right there.@fynestboi and others,i would really love 4 dis thread 2 b more interesting and educative..so guys,bring more suggestions.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
saleemema: @fynestboi, are you quoting those poems from the combined syllabus? If Yes, what's the name, and who is author? I need the combined one
yap mastering literature
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
lilchris:
that's the full poem right there.@fynestboi and others,i would really love 4 dis thread 2 b more interesting and educative..so guys,bring more suggestions.
a persn or two can do dat we nid ur own view to and questn hereand there to make it lively.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2013
Al-hasan:
What about sonet? I think it is too technical because Jamb doesn't specify. I need more especially ur perception about arriving at d right answer when dealing with unseen prose and drama. Keep d ball rolling
if i may put it to u, dat part is d simplest part in jamb, wat u nid to do his get urself familiar wit d literary appreciatn, narative techniqes.etc and wen u re farmiliar wit dat the questn bcomes as easy as ABC.. Then afta dat wen u c any questn based on sonnet just relax ur nerves and apply ur own point of view in line wit wat u ve read. Sikena
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
Let try dis

And the fountain of Tololo is an Oasis
it quenches the thirst of travellers
the myriad paces of the mind fold their wings
for here too, growth emerges from sleep;
from a begining that was the end of an era

from the excerpt above, it can be said that the poet is being
a. Illogical
b. Tautological
c. Paradoxical
d. Antithetical
Note: b4 u can ansa dis questn u must be able to give d meaning of each option then u apply each of them to d excerpt then ur ansa is at ur finger..
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by saleemema(m): 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
Fynestboi: yap mastering literature
what volume?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2013
saleemema: what volume?
2012 3rd edition i thnk
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Trendytessy(f): 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
Wow..nice job u are doing @fynestboi. Tnks a lot
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Alhasan1(m): 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
Is it d one authored by Lawyer chinweikpe Iwuchukwu ESQ.?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 2:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
Al-hasan:
Is it d one authored by Lawyer chinweikpe Iwuchukwu ESQ.?
yap
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 2:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
Trendytessy: Wow..nice job u are doing @fynestboi. Tnks a lot
uwlcm ur contributn is highly needed also.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Oluwacolded: 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
A poem that tells a story is called what 2.what is ballad 3.what is pastoral elegy 3.what is panegyric poem 4 what is dramatis personae 5 what is a round character 5 what year was romeo and juliet first printed in a book 6 what is projection 7 what is motif 8.what is donouncement 9 what is aside 10 what is soliloquy. Answer these let me see if you are ready for jamb
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Trendytessy(f): 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2013
Will all the list of poetry,prose nd drama listed above be in the exam?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 12:15am On Jan 27, 2013
Trendytessy: Will all the list of poetry,prose nd drama listed above be in the exam?
yap try and get past questn, to get d insight of how its dne
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
Soliloguy is wen a character in a play gets to tak to himself/herself

round character re character dat change wit time and diff experience thruout d novel hence their bad and gud traits re presented

ballad means a personal peom meant to be sung

denoucement is a point in a story/drama wen d outcme of the plots is knwn.

1 Like

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
The POTTER'S WHEEL:
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by saleemema(m): 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
Fynestboi: The POTTER'S WHEEL:
What do you have to do with that? It's not useful for UTME English
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 5:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
saleemema: What do you have to do with that? It's not useful for UTME English
guy it s useful, coz jamb didnt set any questn 4rm it last yr, so many applicant count it useless, bt i tell u they promise to set questn(15) 4rm it dis year..
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Hadfotee50: 8:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
that's good buh is that guarantee passing in naija now
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
Pick d ryt ansa
When I saw him, I
a. could not help but laugh
b. could not help laughing
c. could not help but laughing
d. could not but laughing

1 Like

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Preeteeshir(f): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
4rm d excerpt above d answer is Antithesis
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
Complete the following sentence
I wished I
a. have a car
b. had a car
c. have had a car
d. had had a car

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

400L Unilorin Microbiology Student Beat Up A Female Lecturer In Her Office(video / What Offence Did a Student Who Approached His Female Lecturer For love Commit? / New Photo Of Ekuma Jeremiah, Hawker Obi Cubana Sponsored To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.