Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,492 members, 7,801,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? (5569 Views)

Advise On Importing Industrial Chemicals To Nigeria / I Want Help From Nigerians With Experience On Importing Children Wears From Chin / Planning On Importing Samsung Tvs Series3 And Series 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 1:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
I will be in Nigeria soon and would like to ship in a 40 feet container of brand new consumer goods like walker, strollers, diapers and numerious children merchandise during my brief stay in Nigeria. Fellow nairalanders in such biz is it worth the stress, hoping to recover all my expenses during my short stay (3weeks)? Do I need to have list of items in the container in order to clear my goods? An agent said I have to itemize the whole inventory .Are there demand for such products? Point of Sale will be Lagos, please an honest answer will be appreciated. Children apparel will be included also.

1 Like

Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 3:23am On Jan 25, 2013
Resellers where at thou ?
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2013
If you are shipping in children wears, I'm interested. Children stuffs is what's moving here in nigeria. But try get a market before in ship them in since u want to recover all your monies within your short stay
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 7:09pm On Feb 02, 2013
diegs: If you are shipping in children wears, I'm interested. Children stuffs is what's moving here in nigeria. But try get a market before in ship them in since u want to recover all your monies within your short stay
78 plus views 1 reply. I base my studies on reactions from the society at large. Thanks a lot for this. I missed out on that load cos I didn't get responses in time. I didn't wanna take the risk and end up crying. I may just come to Nigeria and see things for myself if people are not telling me what I needed to hear. Did you plan to buy in bulk or just hand picked retail?

1 Like

Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
I planned Buying in bulk. Oh I get. It's alright then
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 1:21am On Feb 04, 2013
diegs: I planned Buying in bulk. Oh I get. It's alright then
I have access to goods on regular base. I have account with major retail stores in the US and they often alert me when they get container load of stuff for sell. I would like to study the market very well before investing my liquid cash in it. I know Nigeria has purchasing power if compared with other African countries.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by jjjkkkooo: 3:55am On Feb 04, 2013
Let me talk to my customers here if they will be interested. i will get back. Hope the prices are attractive enough.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 04, 2013
Pacemaker:
I have access to goods on regular base. I have account with major retail stores in the US and they often alert me when they get container load of stuff for sell. I would like to study the market very well before investing my liquid cash in it. I know Nigeria has purchasing power if compared with other African countries.
Hope they are affordable. Although I don't expect it to be cheap but it shouldn't be so expensive. Naija is beta dan oda african countries. When eva u make up ur mind, pls so let me know
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 8:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
diegs:
Hope they are affordable. Although I don't expect it to be cheap but it shouldn't be so expensive. Naija is beta dan oda african countries. When eva u make up ur mind, pls so let me know
I wont bring inferior goods to Nigeria cos I won't like to see my kids wear low quality stuff that wont last. The price will be fair but not as cheap as the china man next door.....lol. Before procedding with any forn of biz I have to ve on ground to weigh my clients amd the market demand in general.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
diegs:
Pal, the last time I brought stuff to Nigeria, I contacted people on Naira land before it even arrived and they never showed up to see or purchase the goods. My people are difficult to deal with, they are not reliable. All talk no action which I dont like.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
Pacemaker:
Pal, the last time I brought stuff to Nigeria, I contacted people on Naira land before it even arrived and they never showed up to see or purchase the goods. My people are difficult to deal with, they are not reliable. All talk no action which I dont like.
R u serious. Then those people are fraud. Probably they felt u wil be ova there to send d good with the hope they wil pay and the had d intention not to pay. I understand y u don't want to ship again
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 4:25pm On Feb 06, 2013
diegs:
R u serious. Then those people are fraud. Probably they felt u wil be ova there to send d good with the hope they wil pay and the had d intention not to pay. I understand y u don't want to ship again
Yeah mehn. I just don't take most peeps here seriously. Some are fraud stars that wanted me to ship goods to them without making any payment . immediately I asked them to deposit half of the money before the goods arrives, they then dissappear in thin air. Some day I will get a real client that will buy the whole goods as they arrive. As I said before I will visit nigeria to see witg my eyes before putting my investment in the market

1 Like

Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2013
Pacemaker:
Yeah mehn. I just don't take most peeps here seriously. Some are fraud stars that wanted me to ship goods to them without making any payment . immediately I asked them to deposit half of the money before the goods arrives, they then dissappear in thin air. Some day I will get a real client that will buy the whole goods as they arrive. As I said before I will visit nigeria to see witg my eyes before putting my investment in the market
Oh kk. It's no p. Goodluck
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by otokx(m): 2:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
Let poster visit Nigeria but then they have been people in US that ship in goods to be sold and afterwards the money is remitted.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2013
otokx: Let poster visit Nigeria but then they have been people in US that ship in goods to be sold and afterwards the money is remitted.
Remitted? It's 2 out of hundred people. My uncle was in same shoes infact it became bad debt written off. So its best one sees the poerson he is dealing with first than ship to unknown persons and they abscond.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
diegs:
Remitted? It's 2 out of hundred people. My uncle was in same shoes infact it became bad debt written off. So its best one sees the poerson he is dealing with first than ship to unknown persons and they abscond.
Your uncle cut his loss and moved on, its a tough decision but better to let go. Back in the days we hear of business men been assassinated in our neighborhood and blame the killers without asking questions but these days we praise them for applying justice to breach of contract. How often do we hear of civilians duping military officers? You dont cause dey understand the consequence. The country is filled with vultures, peoole derive joy in eating people's money. My first experience ever was from so called born again christians from a popular church in Nigeria. I supplied them laptops and all I heard afterward was excuses. I have learned my lesson and I wouldn't fall into that any time soon.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
otokx: Let poster visit Nigeria but then they have been people in US that ship in goods to be sold and afterwards the money is remitted.
The people wen chop my money get sweet mouth pass so. Bring bring bring is all they say, Nigerians in diaspora are flocking to other African countries for one reason, awful experience dealing with their fellow country men. Money for hand back for ground is the way to go. I dont trust people but hive them benefit of doubt sometimes.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by chino4(m): 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Yea nice idea.pls list d prices of wht you have for sale if possible pictures cos I am interested bro.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Topshop: 12:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
Hello Peacemaker, saw your ad, I visit the state often as i run two stores in Naija and i'm looking at concentrating mainly on business for the rest of the year. I have my cash i'm just looking for a business partner in the state that can source for goods and i'll do the sales part. You can either strike a deal with me for me to buy off the goods from you right there without getting involved with shipping or we pull resources together and see how it goes. I don't stay in Naija myself (Europe), but i'm will to rellocate and give this a chance to work ( i mean my dream of doing it big). You can bb me 21C1E1CA OR you can send me a mail topshopireland@gmail.com.

It's your call!
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by koolkay05: 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2013
Just saw ur advertisement and I am interested in purchase of some of the baby stuffs for resale hia in naija,pls kindly contact me on kol2020@hotmail.com so we can talk further.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 2:49am On Feb 22, 2013
I have been really busy with my regular 9 to 5 job here in the US, it does take a while to visit old thread and please accept my apologies. Anyone interested in doing biz with me should contact me on my email, I don't mean people that are low life or scammers. If I like our conversation I will schedule a meeting place in Nigeria between us. I just don't deal with people online, your physical appearance matters a lot to me, which I use in weighing future clients. My email address is emma_nd(at)yahoo dot com. Only serious people with capital I don't want email from low life's please.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 2:51am On Feb 22, 2013
koolkay05: Just saw ur advertisement and I am interested in purchase of some of the baby stuffs for resale hia in naija,pls kindly contact me on kol2020@hotmail.com so we can talk further.
Do you have a shop or website? If so we can meet when I visit Ngeria
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 2:53am On Feb 22, 2013
Topshop: Hello Peacemaker, saw your ad, I visit the state often as i run two stores in Naija and i'm looking at concentrating mainly on business for the rest of the year. I have my cash i'm just looking for a business partner in the state that can source for goods and i'll do the sales part. You can either strike a deal with me for me to buy off the goods from you right there without getting involved with shipping or we pull resources together and see how it goes. I don't stay in Naija myself (Europe), but i'm will to rellocate and give this a chance to work ( i mean my dream of doing it big). You can bb me 21C1E1CA OR you can send me a mail topshopireland@gmail.com.

It's your call!

Where do you visit in states? Since you have access to coming here why not buy direct from wholesale sellers and cut off a middle man? Anyways my email is on this thread, when next are you coming to states? I live in California . I hate to say this, I don't feel comfortable partnering with a Nigerian in biz, I speak from experience
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 2:57am On Feb 22, 2013
chino4: Yea nice idea.pls list d prices of wht you have for sale if possible pictures cos I am interested bro.

I will send my price to a real buyer. I don't want to waste our time
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Topshop: 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
Pacemaker:
Where do you visit in states? Since you have access to coming here why not buy direct from wholesale sellers and cut off a middle man? Anyways my email is on this thread, when next are you coming to states? I live in California . I hate to say this, I don't feel comfortable partnering with a Nigerian in biz, I speak from experience

I visit Maryland (Baltimore). I've sent you a mail. I should be there in July, God willing. Send me your no on the email i sent and we can chat more on what i'm looking for.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 6:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
Topshop:

I visit Maryland (Baltimore). I've sent you a mail. I should be there in July, God willing. Send me your no on the email i sent and we can chat more on what i'm looking for.
I didnt receive your email . Maryland is farther from the west coast.7 hours flight
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by sonety2k(m): 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
cool
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Topshop: 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
I sent an email to emma_nd@yahoo.com. You can check your spam box, or send me a quick email (topshopireland@gmail.com).
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by bignaira: 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
I want to invite you to March edition of Big Naira Communications Live Training on importation Business.
It will be another opportunity for participants to learn how to order product from uk, usa, and china right here in Nigeria. Apart from that participants will be trained how to invest into this mini Importation business with little capital. plus more. If You missed that of feb 2, dont miss this march training. go to our website to register http://workshop.importationguide.com/
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Pacemaker: 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
Topshop: I sent an email to emma_nd@yahoo.com. You can check your spam box, or send me a quick email (topshopireland@gmail.com).
I just sent you an email
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by Clone2020(m): 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Hey Pacemaker, i'm also based in the states and would like to discuss business ideas with you. We can be partners, follow up.
Re: Advise On Importing Baby Product To Nigeria From US? by RGM123: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
Want to establish Mother's care stores in Akure, Ondo state ,Nigeria. specifically to sell baby's products and kiddies. I need an importer to deal with. Any possible links towards ds would be highly appreciated. I may be reach on. rasaqhammed@yahoo. 0818-5760-388. Thank u.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Richest Igbo Business People In Nigeria / Received An Unknown Credit Alert! / How To Make #3125 Daily On Insme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.