Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Why Do Women's (who Stay Together) Menstrual Cycles Get In Sync? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Women's (who Stay Together) Menstrual Cycles Get In Sync? (5286 Views)

Study Concludes That Women Who Squirt During Sex Are Actually Peeing / Women Who Sleep More Also Have More Sex, A New Study Finds / Aftermaths Of Disturbing Irregularities In Menstrual Cycles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women's (who Stay Together) Menstrual Cycles Get In Sync? by Koolking(m): 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
I phoned a female friend to chat up, she sounded weird on the other end. I asked what the matter was with her, she told me she was anticipating my calls in order to motivate her. She told me she just finished her whiskey and yet could not sleep. To shorten the whole drama. She told me this about women as the cause of her unmotivated spirit.

"The female menstrual cycle coincides with every woman you are around on a regular basis. Do you know what that means? That means that now since I am living with a woman and working with another woman all of our menstrual cycles are rotating to be all on the same cycle. I have my cycle at the first of every month, but since I moved here where there are three woman who are together every day - all of our periods are messed up. I started my period like two days ago which means I will continue it - till the first of Feb - have my regular one and then another until the cycle gets regulated with all the women in the office. The woman i live with - has not had a cycle for years - since I move in she started hers and then the woman in the office my cycle is changing to be in sync with hers. Then if I move, it will change again. If i stay alone it will go back to its normal cycle and while this is going on - our muscles ache our breasts swell and are painful, our stomach hurts, we have no energy, no motivation, we can barely think, then it starts all over on our regular cycle. I told you there's so much about women you dont know, then men walk around telling us why do we look this way or why dont we be more productive"....I laugh at this point.

I have never heard about menstrual synchrony in women until this friend told me. I have got some info on google, but I still need some doctors here to throw more light. Thank you
Re: Why Do Women's (who Stay Together) Menstrual Cycles Get In Sync? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
Yeah I've experienced it

It only happened when I stayed over nights with other female friends or shared the same bed. It literally started with 24hrs of the person whose period had started. So I'v avoided such situations cos it messes up your cycle. One particular instance 3 of us were 'on'
Re: Why Do Women's (who Stay Together) Menstrual Cycles Get In Sync? by carmelion(f): 4:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
Yes,its true,I noticed it when I was still in school.when my room mate is ending hers mine starts.it continued untill I graduated and left her,then it changed.last christmas,I noticed it too.Immidiately I my sisters own stopped,mine started.weird though but its tru.Its contagious.
Re: Why Do Women's (who Stay Together) Menstrual Cycles Get In Sync? by Koolking(m): 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
salsera: Yeah I've experienced it

It only happened when I stayed over nights with other female friends or shared the same bed. It literally started with 24hrs of the person whose period had started. So I'v avoided such situations cos it messes up your cycle. One particular instance 3 of us were 'on'

So, it's true. I felt my friend was just being superstitious. I learnt from Google that it's scientifically true. Thanks Salsera for sharing
Re: Why Do Women's (who Stay Together) Menstrual Cycles Get In Sync? by Koolking(m): 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
carmelion: Yes,its true,I noticed it when I was still in school.when my room mate is ending hers mine starts.it continued untill I graduated and left her,then it changed.last christmas,I noticed it too.Immidiately I my sisters own stopped,mine started.weird though but its tru.Its contagious.

It's really weird. Women are way too complicated. An inexperienced girl might be scared she is clinically unwell. Thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

My Back Pain Is Killing Me - Pls Help / Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities / Early Pregnancy Signs: Lower Back And Abdominal Pain That Comes And Goes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.