Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,398 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:47 PM

Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC (9253 Views)

RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) / Cheapest Call Rate Across Networks / Airtel Slashes Call Tariff To All Networks To N12 Per Minute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by SimplySEA(m): 7:16am On Jan 25, 2013
Flyboy Zee: Na now dem dey wake up?
After all these bad sharp guys (telcos) don obtain belleful na im dem come dey cut down on prices.
I go vex o.
it's better late dan never!
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by simongonner: 7:17am On Jan 25, 2013
braine:

Where in the post did they talk about 3G and 4G?
oga,d guy is saying ncc should also bring d issue of 3g and 4g cos they(3g nd 4g) r nt working,shikena..
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by nex(m): 7:17am On Jan 25, 2013
This is nonsense! I thoughht the telecoms sector was deregulated? Why is NCC now fixing prices?!

This is why I'm always alarmed when the government talks about deregulation, especially in the Power and Petroleum sectors. You can't deregulate, then come back to regulate prices. You have to leave that for the factors of demand and supply.

The NCC should focus instead on ensuring that the networks fulfil all the set conditions which they agreed to while obtaining their license. They've still not reached the coverage area they set out achieve before 2007.

The truth is that once supply of any good or service is adequate, or excessive compared to demand, the price will drop.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Humphreydis(m): 7:17am On Jan 25, 2013
hydoo: Omg instead of call tarriff ur busy on sms,,,I blame jonathan sha
......little thinkers!....y bring jonathan into dis mata?...Ewu!
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by lastpage: 7:17am On Jan 25, 2013
Haaa, Nigerians! Very easy to Fool!

Why cant NCC look into the fraud called Data Plan?

You pay for Internet but hardly use it at all (E go cut small, then E go cut looong!).... but your Money is gone already!

If and when internet is good and stable, you will make Voice calls and Text for free now (Skype, Messenger, Whassap, e.t.c).
Even stream Video without headache!

When they know that the TELCO's are rarely affected by such directive, why wont they be strutting and pretending like they are "doing something"!

Reduce the darn price of Voice Calls and Internet/Data Plans......then l would salute you.

Gerrout joor!

Lastpge!

1 Like

Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by simongonner: 7:22am On Jan 25, 2013
Koljos: Maki dem 5n sometin do wit etisalat, na 50k dey stil dey charge per sec, on dre easy clip tariff. Nd 30k to etisalat
my guy etisalat tariff is 2 cost and thier mb of late dey finish quick,dem b thief i swear
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by onatisi(m): 7:22am On Jan 25, 2013
kpozite: Just in time for valentine. But I prefer reduction in call tariffs. Is NCC afraid of these guys (telecoms)?
there is a cap on calls too by ncc i think it is around 50naira or so nd the networks wanted ncc to remove the cap sometime back which ncc refused .although they the networks are making huge profit we must understand that they are working in a very challenging business enviroment and the lack of good stable power supply has been their major excuse for their high cost and high charges.i dont see any possible downward review of their call charges anytime soon.but anything can happen sha
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Singalex(m): 7:24am On Jan 25, 2013
I just hope all these criminals(telecoms) won't divert and collect the money back from our calls undecided
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by SwitAyi(f): 7:28am On Jan 25, 2013
simon gonner: haha so hapi,na nw i go show dat grl say am caring..i go full her inbox wit testis sori texts
abeg no kill me wth lafta,u too like awuf be dat o.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by xxyz17(m): 7:28am On Jan 25, 2013
I just don't know why NL seemed to be 'blessed' with nit wits undecided
hydoo: Omg instead of call tarriff ur busy on sms,,,I blame jonathan sha

1 Like

Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by andyolo(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2013
This is wonderful, kindly look into call tarrif ASAP so that some babes will stop flashing grin
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by onatisi(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2013
Singalex: I just hope all these criminals(telecoms) won't divert and collect the money back from our calls undecided
they will,and most likely ncc may remove the ban on their promotions .now ppl should be wary of any of their promos .
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by vislabraye(m): 7:33am On Jan 25, 2013
ebamma: Instead of telling them to reduce their call tariffs,who gives a damn about sms this days

Abi? That's the koko of the matter.
But the reduction is quite good. These days many people hardly send SMSs when they have BB and email services.

Another important thing they should do is to improve the working condition of the Nigerian workers in the telco companies. There are too many Nigerian contract staffs.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by xxyz17(m): 7:33am On Jan 25, 2013
My man just stick to what you know, 4G is real and all you have to do is to buy a compatible device. Checkout this link https://www.nairaland.com/1169060/4g-internet-service-nigeria
miteolu: NCC should work on data plan & improvement of internet. All these 3G,4G na lie.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by sharubutu(m): 7:34am On Jan 25, 2013
I trust glo. They'll not comply until say by May; and nothing go happen.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Youngzedd(m): 7:37am On Jan 25, 2013
Gud job by NCC

One more thing, Etisalat network is exploiting us and the hidden charges and call traffic.
Caution them with koboko.

1 Like

Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 25, 2013
A welcomed development! Nice work NCC.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by VALIDATOR: 7:45am On Jan 25, 2013
This is a wrong way to go about things. Now that NCC acted dictatorially Nigerians did not complain yet they are the same people who will accuse the leaders of not doing things right. Nobody should tell me how much to sell my goods and services. It is my customers that will decide. If they feel my pricing is unfavorable then they should seek other alternatives. It is the duties of NCC to make other alternatives readily available. For starters they should lower the licensing fee paid by new entrants into the telco market. They ashould also regulate inter connectivity issues among the operators. Price fixing kills business initiatives.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by xreal: 7:47am On Jan 25, 2013
had they been asleep all these years?
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Goldenheart(m): 7:50am On Jan 25, 2013
ooops whatsapp ve taken over since....
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Igholize(m): 7:53am On Jan 25, 2013
Madam ooooo.... Weldone, but warn mtn 4 us ooo, dem 1 kil us wit charges ooo, 10 seconds= 15 naira, mtn zone dey ova charge us oooo...madam abeg intervein ooooo
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Awoofawo(m): 7:55am On Jan 25, 2013
braine:

l
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Awoofawo(m): 7:57am On Jan 25, 2013
braine:

l

How did you got that your certificate? Chie some people are seriously lacking in intuitive thinking!! Or you just love criticizing all thing in sight?! Read the post again then re-evaluate the suggestion that internet charge should be improve instead of sms charge. Is suggestion no valid?! #SMH @ you mumu!!!!
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by neksummi(m): 8:00am On Jan 25, 2013
I welcome this development.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by maggilove(f): 8:11am On Jan 25, 2013
Rooneyboy: I smell something fishy here , seems the network providers hv stopped dropping egunje hence the sudden annoyance.

Gradually ,gradually things go dey better for we country.
it seems others dat av written their comments did not see dat it is only during "OFF NET" time dat d tarriff will be low.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by joelreg(m): 8:25am On Jan 25, 2013
can u imagine usin etisalat to send a msg to etisalat line at the rate of 10 naira. All d networks are crook
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by vitality22(m): 8:27am On Jan 25, 2013
tomsongz: Who iz responsible 4 da regulation of ashaaoww prices,we need there help o coz as at last year
1 round=600
2 round=1100
Express(all night)=5000
but ryt now it has been doubled or even tripled
1 round=1000
2 round=2000
Express(all night)=7500
So we r beging gudluck 2 pls setup a pannel 2 look into da mata
grin grin grin grin grin grin Bros, why you wan tear my belle with laughter this morning grin grin grin grin grin grin. But seriously, i guess you need to get married ASAP because HIV/AIDS is REAL and spreading soooo fast.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by justi4jesu(f): 8:28am On Jan 25, 2013
sms is stale abeg! I whatsapp or ping my friends...NCC shld talk about call tariffs and internet Subscription.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by magandy: 8:29am On Jan 25, 2013
thats a great move, abeg make una try reduce the inter network call cost too.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by thaoriginator: 8:32am On Jan 25, 2013
tomsongz: Who iz responsible 4 da regulation of ashaaoww prices,we need there help o coz as at last year
1 round=600
2 round=1100
Express(all night)=5000
but ryt now it has been doubled or even tripled
1 round=1000
2 round=2000
Express(all night)=7500
So we r beging gudluck 2 pls setup a pannel 2 look into da mata
abeg na for where be datshocked una own still cheap Oooo!
For where I dey even to touch br*easts alone na 1k, talkless of to knack akpako..
Make the FG put subsidy on this ashis before dem empty our account.

But seriously, this network companies don hammer tey tey, it will do them no harm if they even decided to give us free sms for now to 10years. Abi I lie?
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by simongonner: 8:39am On Jan 25, 2013
Swit Ayi:
abeg no kill me wth lafta,u too like awuf be dat o.
hahaha lwkmd awuf sweet at times na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opera 206 (attacks Launched) / Blackberry Z10, Q5 Or Q10? / First Call 2022 Was From Who And Who Did You Call First This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.