Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years (10659 Views)

Another Proof That GEJ Purchased Arms For The Nigerian Military (pics) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by taharqa: 10:40pm On Jan 24, 2013
In the last two years or so, these are some of the changes that have happened in Benin City/Edo State under GEJ:

- Significant improvements in public power supply in Benin City for almost a year of an average of 18 hrs a day (except for few times when there are national systems problems), much more than I have ever enjoyed in Nigeria except perhaps when I was a kid (and I am in my 20's).

- The fixing of the ever notorious Benin-Ore Road, which has been almost complete finally after more than a decade of terrible experiences on that road such that it became routine to sleep on the road while travelling cos of the terrible traffic on bad spots Or having to pass through 'unknown' routes in different states before getting to Lagos. Presently one can get to Lagos in 3-4 hrs.

- The Remodelling/Reconstruction of the Benin Airport, an Airport that was an eye sore, a DISGRACE cos it had not undergone any major renovation since it was built over 25 years ago even though successive Govts had been appropriating money for it. Today, the airport has been completely re-made and expanded in 1 year.

- The coming back into operation of the moribund Oredo Oil/Gas field[/b] after many years, and [b]the building of a new Gas plant which would not only supply Gas to the newly built Ihovbor Power plant, plus other plants and LPG.

- The completion of a new 450MW Ihovbor/Benin Power plant that is in the pre-commissioning state presenting. The 1st in the state.

- The Resuscitation of the critical Benin Depot after 5 years of inactivity. A very important development Edo State such that Gov Oshiomohle was ecstatic and was very liberal in his praise for the development.

- The recovery of the washout in along the Auchi-Okene Road in Edo state.

- The supply of Fertilizers and seeds to more farmers than at any time in a very long time through the GES programme of the FG in collaboration with the State Govt.

- And in one of the most obvious, better Election Systems that have enabled us to elect pour leaders ourselves. Comparing the 2007 Elections when Anenih and his Gang prevented us the opportunity to elect our choice in a display of Brazen Rigging supported by The FG, and 2012 when the choice of the people was reflected in the best State elections probably in the history of the state. The difference is that 2007 was pre-GEj and 2012 was GEJ's. Etc, etc , etc.

These are some of the few I can recall at this time; there are obviously others including ongoing ones. There are however still some promises that have not been met.

I personally have never been able to point to these many No of projects done (or been done) in Benin/Edo State by any previous Federal Govt within this short 2 yr period. And the GREAT thing is that there is still about 2.5 yrs left....

19 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by taharqa: 10:43pm On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Clerverly: 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2013
(and I am in my 20's).
That is why you argue like a kid. I am sure your father is a benefactor of retardeen's largesse.

20 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Wendyslim(f): 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
Confusion, frustration & stress undecided kiss undecided

1 Like

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by taharqa: 12:01am On Jan 25, 2013
Clerverly:
That is why you argue like a kid. I am sure your father is a benefactor of retardeen's largesse.
LOL..... Sm of u ijiots neva fail to 'perform'. My age is d only tin u saw in dat post, right? You shld feel very lucky dat i can't bring myself to insult yr father, else...

11 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by takedat(m): 12:13am On Jan 25, 2013
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by PaulJohn1: 1:09am On Jan 25, 2013
~Resurrection of the Nigeria Railway (oshogbo terminal)
~Dualization of Oshogbo,Ikirun - Kwara boundary(hoping the state gov would be paid back I.e. It's a federal road)
~ still thinking.... (Nothing more)

~increment of gas price from #97 to #120
~Apointing a dude(Oyinlola) who's battling with the present administration over #18billion loan he took while in office(as the governor) to build a laughable six world class stadia(with only 2 still close to completion), as the national secretary of the self claimed Africa's largest party.
~He promised an airport while campaigning, with no traces of any construction starting soon(bare land)
~As for work place(Lagos), fashola's doing is the only noticeable thing.

#GEJfor2015#

2 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by GARRIx7(m): 1:54am On Jan 25, 2013
1. Conniving with Thief Uduaghan to impoverish the Good people of Delta State..

2. Increased electricity tariff with no commensurate increase in power supply..

3. 2012 New Year Ambush Gift of fuel price increase..

Etc...

4 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 25, 2013
No wonder Oshiomhole loves GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by taharqa: 3:29am On Jan 25, 2013
Paul John: ~Resurrection of the Nigeria Railway (oshogbo terminal)
~Dualization of Oshogbo,Ikirun - Kwara boundary(hoping the state gov would be paid back I.e. It's a federal road)
~ still thinking.... (Nothing more)

~increment of gas price from #97 to #120
~Apointing a dude(Oyinlola) who's battling with the present administration over #18billion loan he took while in office(as the governor) to build a laughable six world class stadia(with only 2 still close to completion), as the national secretary of the self claimed Africa's largest party.
~He promised an airport while campaigning, with no traces of any construction starting soon(bare land)
~As for work place(Lagos), fashola's doing is the only noticeable thing.

#GEJfor2015#
Good and Bad things, abi? Issokay. People can list both if they choose..... @emboldened, why u go talk say na only Oga Fash dey do work na? Its bn long I bn to Lag but I can tink of repairs of 3rd Mainland bridge, the reconstructn/remodeling of d GAT Airport terminal, the resuscitatn of d intra-Lagos railways that move tens of thousands per day in about 18 trips per day etc etc. Abeg o....

2 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by taharqa: 3:38am On Jan 25, 2013
GARRI (x7):
1. Conniving with Thief Uduaghan to impoverish the Good people of Delta State..

2. Increased electricity tariff with no commensurate increase in power supply..

3. 2012 New Year Ambush Gift of fuel price increase..

Etc...
So Garriman, I tk it dat u are from Delta state.... So na only negative tins yr garrri-infestd brain rememba, abi? grin grin. I can easily tink of d new Ajaokuta-Ore-Aladja-Warri Standard rail line whose rail track laying (that passd Agbor- beautifu ones) has bn completd last yr and navigational systems are expectd to be completd soon to enable final commissioning by March... Oya try again, list good or bad if u like @Garriman..
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 25, 2013
The truth is that federal govt projects are usually spread apart, such that except you look out for them you may think nothing is happening. This is unlike state govt who may become messiah after tarring 3 or more 2centimetre long inner city roads.

For want of time, let me quickly list the ones I can remember now.

In Anambra state:

1) re-construction and expansion of Bridge-head to upper Iweka section of the Enugu-Onitsha express road

2) completion of the Onitsha-Owerri road

3) building of Onitsha inland port (N4 billion worth project)

4) building of federal secretariat- still ongoing, to be completed this yr

5) building of Zik Mausoleum

6) Supporting the state govt all the way until the state became an all producing state. Definitely, an OBJ in Aso would have found a way of killing or delaying that project.

7) Provision of huge funds for infrastructural upgrade of the state university- Anambra state university. It was one of the 12 universities that recieved N25 billion intervention fund late last yr.

There's are some intra-state roads, erosion control sites,etc that are also ongoing. More may be added to the list later

The ones I can remember in Enugu state for now include:

1) The improved power supply. I'm a living testimony of this achievement. In fact na dis one sweet my belle pass

2) The Enugu-Abia-PH-North rail line: still ongoing

3) The Enugu-PH road is being made motorable. The section from Enugu down was already completed the last time I travelled on the road. The return section was still ongoing then. Many other FG roads recieved similar attention under "operation safe passage".

As I remember more projects, I'll them to the list

8 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by anulaxad(m): 8:48am On Jan 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The truth is that federal govt projects are usually spread apart, such that except you look out for them you may think nothing is happening. This is unlike state govt who may become messiah after tarring 3 or more 2centimetre long inner city roads.

For want of time, let me quickly list the ones I can remember now.

In Anambra state:

1) re-construction and expansion of Bridge-head to upper Iweka section of the Enugu-Onitsha express road

2) completion of the Onitsha-Owerri road

3) building of Onitsha inland port (N4 billion worth project)

4) building of federal secretariat- still ongoing, to be completed this yr

5) building of Zik Mausoleum

6) Supporting the state govt all the way until the state became an all producing state. Definitely, an OBJ in Aso would have found a way of killing or delaying that project.

7) Provision of huge funds for infrastructural upgrade of the state university- Anambra state university. It was one of the 12 universities that recieved N25 billion intervention fund late last yr.

There's are some intra-state roads, erosion control sites,etc that are also ongoing. More may be added to the list later

The ones I can remember in Enugu state for now include:

1) The improved power supply. I'm a living testimony of this achievement. In fact na dis one sweet my belle pass

2) The Enugu-Abia-PH-North rail line: still ongoing

3) The Enugu-PH road is being made motorable. The section from Enugu down was already completed the last time I travelled on the road. The return section was still ongoing then. Many other FG roads recieved similar attention under "operation safe passage".

As I remember more projects, I'll them to the list

person.

IS THAT WHY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE DIE JUST ALONE IN ROAD ACCIDENTS EVERY DAY.
#ONLY IN NIGERIA#
VERIFIED ILLITERATE.

9 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by MadCow1: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2013
anulaxad:

person.

#ONLY IN NIGERIA#
VERIFIED ILLITERATE.

Look at this scrotum calling somebody a person!!

So the Guy listed his opinion, and all you could come back with was that foolish line.

You are a perfect case study for why Abortion should be legalized in Nigeria.. angry

19 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2013
the guy called GEJ has tried but most of these junks are seriously overrated. Benin Ore road is still as messed up as ever.

3 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by outrage: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2013
[size=14pt]all this paid activists. This man no go win, because he is not surpose to contest, remember?? so save yourself the trouble[/size]

1 Like

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Greatken007(m): 10:04am On Jan 25, 2013
Clerverly:
you talk more like a fool,are you in your 40's?

5 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by addey(m): 10:05am On Jan 25, 2013
taharqa: In the last two years or so, these are some of the changes that have happened in Benin City/Edo State under GEJ:

- Significant improvements in public power supply in Benin City for almost a year of an average of 18 hrs a day (except for few times when there are national systems problems), much more than I have ever enjoyed in Nigeria except perhaps when I was a kid (and I am in my 20's).

- The fixing of the ever notorious Benin-Ore Road, which has been almost complete finally after more than a decade of terrible experiences on that road such that it became routine to sleep on the road while travelling cos of the terrible traffic on bad spots Or having to pass through 'unknown' routes in different states before getting to Lagos. Presently one can get to Lagos in 3-4 hrs.

- The Remodelling/Reconstruction of the Benin Airport, an Airport that was an eye sore, a DISGRACE cos it had not undergone any major renovation since it was built over 25 years ago even though successive Govts had been appropriating money for it. Today, the airport has been completely re-made and expanded in 1 year.

- The coming back into operation of the moribund Oredo Oil/Gas field[/b] after many years, and [b]the building of a new Gas plant which would not only supply Gas to the newly built Ihovbor Power plant, plus other plants and LPG.

- The completion of a new 450MW Ihovbor/Benin Power plant that is in the pre-commissioning state presenting. The 1st in the state.

- The Resuscitation of the critical Benin Depot after 5 years of inactivity. A very important development Edo State such that Gov Oshiomohle was ecstatic and was very liberal in his praise for the development.

- The recovery of the washout in along the Auchi-Okene Road in Edo state.

- The supply of Fertilizers and seeds to more farmers than at any time in a very long time through the GES programme of the FG in collaboration with the State Govt.

- And in one of the most obvious, better Election Systems that have enabled us to elect pour leaders ourselves. Comparing the 2007 Elections when Anenih and his Gang prevented us the opportunity to elect our choice in a display of Brazen Rigging supported by The FG, and 2012 when the choice of the people was reflected in the best State elections probably in the history of the state. The difference is that 2007 was pre-GEj and 2012 was GEJ's. Etc, etc , etc.

These are some of the few I can recall at this time; there are obviously others including ongoing ones. There are however still some promises that have not been met.

I personally have never been able to point to these many No of projects done (or been done) in Benin/Edo State by any previous Federal Govt within this short 2 yr period. And the GREAT thing is that there is still about 2.5 yrs left....

Mumu! please wait till 2015 election for your answer
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Bella3(f): 10:05am On Jan 25, 2013
Mad Cow:

Look at this scrotum calling somebody a person!!

So the Guy listed his opinion, and all you could come back with was that foolish line.

You are a perfect case study for why Abortion should be legalized in Nigeria.. angry
Pls cn i borrow the last part of your post?

3 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by KENESAGA(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2013
anulaxad:

person.

#ONLY IN NIGERIA#
VERIFIED ILLITERATE.
DO U THINK THAT IT'S BAD ROAD THAT CAUSES ALL ACCIDENTS,LET ME TELL U THAT MOST ACCIDENTS ARE CAUSED BY THE RECKLESSNESS OF THE DRIVERS. CHECK BENIN-LAGOS BY-PASS AND TELL IF IT'S BAD, AND WHY ARE THERE ACCIDENT THERE ALWAYS?

1 Like

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 25, 2013
visiting delapidated police college and visiting dana crash scene.you know the state am talking about.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Greatken007(m): 10:15am On Jan 25, 2013
anulaxad:

person.

#ONLY IN NIGERIA#
VERIFIED ILLITERATE.
how i wish i can see you face to face i will land you a knock on that your bald head,is bad road the only factor that leads to accidents?to minimise accidents,we must stop the attitude of drinking and driving,reducing our speed limit,reducing stress or rest when you get tired on the way,and avoiding the 5 driving errors
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by chinedum45(m): 10:15am On Jan 25, 2013
An average Nigerian like most of the kids in this forum lack admitance and that is why real progress seem to elude us. These achievements are verifiable why cant some1 give this man credit.
Gej is one president who declared state of emergency on federal roads and is doing well.....have u passed through lokoja-abuja road?.......onithsa~enugu road?.....rivers~akwa ibom road? BEnin~ore? To mention a few.
what about the refurbishment of airports and efforts to boost air travel by giving incentives to operators?
what about relatively transparent elections?
Gej is the only Nigerian President who listens to the masses and often put himself in the shoe of his led. Recently he was @ the police college to find out things as reported by channel....if we are sincere we would know Jonathan means well for Nigeria and if other leaders acted like him...Nigeria wouldnt be here today.. Let us support progress.
thanks op

13 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by LagosBoi2(m): 10:17am On Jan 25, 2013
Absolutely NOTHING !!!!!

All these P.R stunt will not work.

I have made up my mind, I am tired of PDP Led Govts. I want to try the opposition. Infact i will campaign for whoever the opposition is, The states that has been taken away from Pdp is a big example. Things PDP couldn't achieve for years, other parties are doing them under a year. abegi joor.

8 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by geeez: 10:17am On Jan 25, 2013
He has caused traffic gridlock each time he came
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by aglomar: 10:19am On Jan 25, 2013
Nothing here in Ogun State

2 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Demdem(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2013
here in PH, Rivers - I dont know of any so far

1 Like

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by SlyIg(f): 10:24am On Jan 25, 2013
What did the past government do in your village for the past many years! Why are you busy judging a man that has been in power for just a little time!
Oya ... Tell me, what did Obj do in your town for the eight years he was in power!

4 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by franchizy(m): 10:24am On Jan 25, 2013
GEJ in collaboration wit Gov T. A Orji are rehabilitating all d major roads in Aba, Abia state. Dis roads were abandoned by d past administration. It is 4 d reasons dat Abians say they will forever remain indebted to our God sent Gov T. A. Orji.
Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 25, 2013
anulaxad:

person.

#ONLY IN NIGERIA#
VERIFIED ILLITERATE.

Silence is the best answer for FOOL.

Anyway, permit me to add one more in Enugu that I just remembered:

4) re-modelling of Enugu Airport

2 Likes

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by Demdem(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2013
SlyIg: Why are you busy judging a man that has been in power for just a little time!

so 2yrs 8months is a little time eh?

1 Like

Re: Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years by LagosBoi2(m): 10:28am On Jan 25, 2013
[quote
author=chinedum45]An average Nigerian like most of the kids in this
forum lack admitance and that is why real progress seem to elude us.
These achievements are verifiable why cant some1 give this man credit.
Gej is one president who declared state of emergency on federal roads
and is doing well.....have u passed through lokoja-abuja
road?.......onithsa~enugu road?.....rivers~akwa ibom road? BEnin~ore? To
mention a few.
what about the refurbishment of airports and efforts to boost air travel
by giving incentives to operators?
what about relatively transparent elections?
Gej is the only Nigerian President who listens to the masses and often
put himself in the shoe of his led. Recently he was @ the police college
to find out things as reported by channel....if we are sincere we would
know Jonathan means well for Nigeria and if other leaders acted like
him...Nigeria wouldnt be here today.. Let us support progress.
thanks op[/quote]

It is you who is a f.oo.l at 40, those kids you call kids reason better than you old for nothing.

He went to police college and the next thing he did was to set up a panel to know why it 'rot' (when he already knows why it's like that) instead of getting a contractor to get it fixed. Even my 5yr old girl will not reason that way, excuse me joor.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu / Bakassi - Jonathan Says Country Committed To ICJ Ruling / Senate Passes Bills Establishing 2 Federal Universities In Ekiti, Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.