Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education (942 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Education by bencharmy(f): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
pls pals i have bin admitted to study libery science, although that was nt my intention, i applied for mass communication. Now the problem is : one who studys libery science has d chance of working as a wat?
Re: Education by Adesiji77: 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
The essence of University Education these days is to broaden your horizon. What really matters is how you add value to your 'space' and not necessarily what you studied. If you want to be a career library scientist, you may end up in a library or a research institution but I cant tell you that we have a lot people who had engineering background but who are now bankers. You may need to do an honest self-examination-why did you choose Mass Communication in the first place? That way, you may still be able to align library science with your 'first love', Mass Communication.
Re: Education by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
Ade. you are making sense, afterall the both courses are connected to eachother. By Aligning the given course to the dream one do you actually mean studying mass comm. in her masters ? Be specific.
Re: Education by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Re: Education by xxmoni(m): 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
These days it is actually reffered to as Library and Information science. In that case you are actually a Librarian and an information scientist. it also means that you could choose to either be a librarian or an information professional. Though librarians are information professionals too, they are however limited to the library. But the information scientist has a limitless horizon infact to him the library is just one of the many sources of information available to him. To find out what careers are open to a LIS graduate you can google employment opportunities for information professionals.

(1) (Reply)

Lawmakers To Investigate The Killing Of The Nasarawa State University Students / imo state polytechnic Continues its Exam despite Strike / Governor's Special Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship For Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.