Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State (954 Views)

Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? / Why Are Yoruba People Too Liberal In Religion? / Jesus Christ Was A Liberal Not Conservative, Christians Should Live Like Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by tpaine: 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2008
Which of the following political systems would you prefer to live in: theocracy, liberal democracy or state totalitarianism?
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2008
Sharia
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by bawomolo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2008
liberal democracy.
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by Frizy(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2008
Sharia too!!! No fornication/adultery, no robbery, no usury/interest rate, human equality/no racism, no corruption, no hurricane. Everything just fine grin
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by tpaine: 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2008
Frizy:

Sharia too!!! No fornication/adultery, no robbery, no usury/interest rate, human equality/no racism, no corruption, no hurricane. Everything just fine grin

Any examples where this has really worked - the paragon of sharia?
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by Frizy(m): 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2008
Have you been to Saudi Arabia, precisely Mecca/Medina? Or have you ever heard of a great national disaster-like tornados happening there?
Don't tell you're one of those who call it a geographic phenomeon.
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by 4Him(m): 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2008
anyone who wants to have an idea of what its like to live in a sharia state shld take a good look at the religion section of this forum.
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by bawomolo(m): 11:06pm On Mar 05, 2008
anyone who wants to have an idea of what its like to live in a sharia state shld take a good look at the religion section of this forum.

total censorship
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by tpaine: 1:25pm On Mar 06, 2008
Is there any country that is the paragon of Sharia in the world?
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 07, 2008
either of the others but surely not throecracy, surely not
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by olabowale(m): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2008
@Tpaine;
Is there any country that is the paragon of Sharia in the world?
None for a verylong time, because the Christians an the Jews and their influential friend and allies, even among the Mus"lims are working overtime and double shifts to see that even the office of the Kalif (Caliphate), does not exist, again! I wonder why they are fighting it so hard? Unfortunately, there are hypacrites among the leadership of the Musl''im worldwide community. The biggest of them are the Kings and Presidents and Prime Ministers, starting from the house of Saud! They are purchased with few Euros and Dollars, and their alliances are often against the good and benefit of Islam. They are allies of enemies of God, His religion, without any doubt!

I remember a project I was going to do, the moment it has the word Sultanate in it, it was dead before I could say 'xcuse me! And this was last year summer! Now to answer your question, if the musl'ims, the world over ever have the courage to unite, then its Sharia should be the type practiced under the Prophet himself and his successors, etc in City State of Madina, radiating its beauty to the rest of the world. This means that it will have all of the present day acutremen and benefit, since the Madinan sharia did not shy away from the best in her time.

Ironic that yesterday, a friend was telling me the proposal or thoughts of the British government trying to tap into the Sharia compartible finances. Wanting to issue Islamically acceptable Bonds, a form of revenue instrument of funding, to an initial estimate of over 4 Trillion USD or Euro or pounds, by Standard and Poors. In the long run, the world will have to move closer to Sharia type market and other branches of governance!
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by jagunlabi(m): 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2008
Theocracy is a totalitarian system of government based on religion and it's scriptures.No,sir,i'd rather live in hell than live in a theocratic state.
BTW,is the US of A moving towards christian theocracy?
Re: Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State by simmy(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2008
even tho im a xtian i agree with jagunlabi.
to ur question the liberals actually are a lot stronger but less vocal in the us

(1) (Reply)

Cremation / What Are Athiest Ideology? / “what Is Going To Be Is Going To Be” How True Is This Statement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.