Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria (31361 Views)

Obasanjo Speaks: Times Are Hard, Leaders Should Cut Their Expensive Lifestyles / 10 Fake Lifestyles Found In Nigeria / Good Lifestyles & Wellness Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
Chimeluv:
poor naija guyz wear expensive attire, using expensive phones, driving borrowed cars, yet no visible source of income.

But una no care!
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
julimax: Its only here in Nigeria you'll see someone on foot referring to a person riding a bicycle as poor

Its only here in Nigeria you'll see someone who wont go to work but spend all his time in church fasting and praying, believing God for his double portion.

you see a guy in the passenger seat of a friends flashy car, that's when he greets everyone, even those he normally won't talk to just to attract attention.

Most guys don't carry umbrella, they refer to guys who do as 'jew' but when the rain starts they want to share the umbrella with the jew guy - same as raincoats

A girl claims she ate rice and chicken, then suddenly she throws up and we see long lumps of eba, ha! was there a mixup somewhere? Only here in Naija

'Remove this carton here!' what most people normally say when a particular car is causing holdup on the road. But what might interest you is that most of them don't even own a wheel barrow of their own

'come lets eat oh' someone is inviting you to eat with him but only brought the spoon he's using, you rather say thank you, if you bother to look for spoon....

Someone's office is just 4 blocks from his house, but he must drive his car there every day and battle with parking space, just so that his neighbors wont feel things are bad for him

Its only here in Nigeria you'll see a person buy a blackberry phone with his N50,000 salary and wont be able to load in N100 credit into the phone, not to talk of transport to work the next day

People borrow money and close the street to host party only to soak garri the next day [owambe]

These are just the few once i can put up now, i know you have some

Lolz, funny but so true grin
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
victorian: With all the series of pages , about Nigerians attitude? What does it [b]shows u[/b]s about Nigerians?....

Which We all, knows its so clear and glaring.. Nija I hail thee sad
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Princeofilorin(m): 8:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
Itz only in Nigeria that an architect will include a generator house in the plan of ur house

2 Likes

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Daniel058(m): 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
Uh! Na im make dem de call us black monkey.
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Davidogar(m): 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
(1) it's only in naija u will see a girl goin to anoda man house remove her engement ring, (2) it's only in naija u will see a girl goin to anoda man house change his first boyfriend phone number, from my love to my brother, (3) it's only naija u will see a guy call her girlfriend my love wen they inside dey room, because he blive as she is leavin his room is goin to anoda man house,,,?? Dat is Naija 4 u?
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Rubyventures: 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2013
It is only in Nigeria that someone convicted for theft in the Uk is elected as a govenor. (IBORI)

2 Likes

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2013
wetin I go add na,chei dem don add everything dey happen naija finish sha

Make Ochuko for Warri whether him fit give me small expo
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by heisenberg33: 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2013
Kslib:
So you mean say,if americans begin curse the country while the government keeps working to make the country better,the country will not be better abi??
So if Nigerian government decide to be serious for once and start installing the neccessary infrastructures needed to give us 24hrs electricity,we will still be without light cos we ere cursing the country abi.. Nigerians do not abuse the country,they abuse the people incharge of the country.. So you mean say if all the insults stop,we go get 24hrs electricity,good roads,ordinary clean water,corruption free. justice for the victimised and our educational system go automatically behave... Wow!!!! So the solution to our problem is this simple.. Truckpusher,i swear you be genius.. You see,na genius like you suppose dey rule this country but over-employment wey yanfu yanfu everywhere don make you be TRUCKPUSHER.. I weep!!!!

ahhahahahhahahahha..........................oboy you don finish that guy ooooo............lol
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by upchair(m): 9:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
It is only in nigeria you need to look both left and right (for your safety) when you want to cross the road on a one way street.

2 Likes

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
is only in Naija, you see MR DeViL fighting very hard tooth and nail with MR GoOd to get the AtTenTioN of Nigerians . also in naija ,it is very difficult to differentiate WhiTe from BlAck
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Biafrarep(m): 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2013
#80million:
tryna keep up with the Jonesses.
*bullshyte*
WTF! Park well joor no dey waste space abeg. Joneses ko, Jonathan ni.
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Rick9(m): 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2013
Only In Nigeria

A Girl will use her school fees money to buy blackberry, the Latest clothes etc.
Those from Poor families are living flamboyant lifestyle in Universities.
People will spend hours on Social Networks. While some of thier mates are being creative.
Foolish people who hate being corrected.
that's all i can think of.

1 Like

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by graffiti: 10:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
Only in Naija someone will be absent from work due to ill health and when you see the person the following day and ask why he wasn't at work the previous day and he goes " I was strong" . undecided undecided undecided
So today nko

2 Likes

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by eriegua83: 10:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
Na only 4 nig u go see woman born pikin finish dig ground bury am.

Na only 4 nig man go bury him 4months pikin say because him wife nor give am toto f**k.
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by seunny4lif(m): 10:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
tha_originator: Only in nigeria you'll see people pushing plane to start grin
O BOY,HOW U KNOW THAT ONE BECOS I DON PUSH PLANE MORE THAN 5 TIMES....THE LAST TIME,NO BE SMALL THING,AS THE PILOT TOLD US TO PUSH IT ON AIR AFTER THE PLANE DON Bleep UP IN SPACE...I VEX THAT DAY NO BE SMALL OOOOO
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Biafrarep(m): 10:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
Na only for nairaland person go say first comment yet e no go talk anything. Na only for nairaland we go write person name Divk Tiger, only for mod to change am to Joystick Tiger as if say na him nick name. Na only for nairaland person go mention garri only for mod to ban am, yet nairaland dey practice democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by sunnyt1(m): 10:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
It boils down 2 mental insecurity, our parents were oppressed so dey trained us 2 be oppressive, nobody wants 2 be rejected so u do anytin 2 enforce acceptance nd loyalty frm people. Bt me o, dudes knw me, i dnt live 2 impress anybody, i dnt care abt hw u see me, if u like fly in d air, i no send u, im jst gona live my life wit contentment, God has given us so much 2 be grateful for
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by SEYIKP(m): 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
IS ONLY ON NAIRALAND U DIDN'T RECEIVE PRIZE 4 1ST TO COMMENT. 2. IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA U SEE A LAME CRITISIZING SUPER EAGLE PLAYER OF MISSING A GOAL. 3. IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA U SEE DIFFERENT KINDS OF ASSOCIATIONS E.G FREE READERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA 4. IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA ARMED ROBBERS AND KIDNAPPERS WILL TELL U THEY ARE ALSO BUSINESS MEN. 5. IS ONLY IN NIGERIA WEHAVE DIFFERENT KINDS OF VISIONS,POINT, AND AGENDA SET BY OUR LEADERS E.G MILLINIUM GOAL, 7POINTS AGENDA, 5POINT AGENDA, VISION 2020,PROMISE OF STABLE ELECTRICITY FORMERLY DECEMBER 2012, NOW 2013 DECEMBER, LATER DECEMBER 2015, 6. IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA U SEE JUNK JORNALISM E.G 50 PEOPLE SHARED A FISH HEAD AT POLICE COLLEGE. TONTO DIKEH POO INSIDE PIT LATREN, WHO WEAR IT BEST BETWEEN PASO AND OSUPA, IS US 1ST LADY HEAR STYLE HIT OR MISS, ALL THIS AND ALOT OF JUNKS MAKING IT TO FRONT PAGE ON NAIRALAND. 7. IS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT OUR INDIGENIOUS LANGUAGE IS VANACULAR, 8. IS ONLY IN NIGERIA U SEE A PERSON DRIVIN CAR WITHOUT A/C AND HE STILL ROLL UP

2 Likes

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by ayojosh2k(m): 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
People Buy the things They dont need, with the money they dont have, to impress the people they dont like........What a life!!

Think About It !!!

2 Likes

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by homealone2(m): 10:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
Only for 9ja, 10 persons dey sleep for one room,
only for naija, person dey go prison come out become president,
Only for naija u go carry weapon to get fame.

1 Like

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by austeenluv(m): 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
if wishes were horse,begger would ride
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
sunny t: It boils down 2 mental insecurity, our parents were oppressed so dey trained us 2 be oppressive, nobody wants 2 be rejected so u do anytin 2 enforce acceptance nd loyalty frm people. Bt me o, dudes knw me, i dnt live 2 impress anybody, i dnt care abt hw u see me, if u like fly in d air, i no send u, im jst gona live my life wit contentment, God has given us so much 2 be grateful for
Exactly my brother! We have been so oppressed. As a result, our collective mindset have been convulated. That's why it is said that a man is a product of his enviroment.
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 11:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
ayojosh2k: People Buy the things They dont need, with the money they dont have, to impress the people they dont like........What a life!!

Think About It !!!
you should have added impress those who don't care.

1 Like

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2013
julimax:
Its only here in Nigeria you'll see someone who wont go to work but spend all his time in church fasting and praying, believing God for his double portion.

lmao
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by McGeorge1(m): 11:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
mallorca:

i dislike dat word those who follow English league,
we go beat una today,
wen we com una home last season we beat una silly,we dis we dat like say d club know say dem dey exist.

laff don hang me for here
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 28, 2013
SEYI_KP: IS ONLY ON NAIRALAND U DIDN'T RECEIVE PRIZE 4 1ST TO COMMENT. 2. IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA U SEE A LAME CRITISIZING SUPER EAGLE PLAYER OF MISSING A GOAL. 3. IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA U SEE DIFFERENT KINDS OF ASSOCIATIONS E.G FREE READERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA 4. IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA ARMED ROBBERS AND KIDNAPPERS WILL TELL U THEY ARE ALSO BUSINESS MEN. 5. IS ONLY IN NIGERIA WEHAVE DIFFERENT KINDS OF VISIONS,POINT, AND AGENDA SET BY OUR LEADERS E.G MILLINIUM GOAL, 7POINTS AGENDA, 5POINT AGENDA, VISION 2020,PROMISE OF STABLE ELECTRICITY FORMERLY DECEMBER 2012, NOW 2013 DECEMBER, LATER DECEMBER 2015, 6. IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA U SEE JUNK JORNALISM E.G 50 PEOPLE SHARED A FISH HEAD AT POLICE COLLEGE. TONTO DIKEH POO INSIDE PIT LATREN, WHO WEAR IT BEST BETWEEN PASO AND OSUPA, IS US 1ST LADY HEAR STYLE HIT OR MISS, ALL THIS AND ALOT OF JUNKS MAKING IT TO FRONT PAGE ON NAIRALAND. 7. IS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT OUR INDIGENIOUS LANGUAGE IS VANACULAR, 8. IS ONLY IN NIGERIA U SEE A PERSON DRIVIN CAR WITHOUT A/C AND HE STILL ROLL UP
hehehehehe.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by McGeorge1(m): 12:13am On Jan 28, 2013
Kslib:
Na wa oh.. This your own dry sotey d sweat wey dey my fore-head vanish.. Oh boy,this your own na drier...
Only in Nigeria person no fit post im own,but go dey critisize anoda person own as dry.. Eg... Myself.. Na wa oh..

lol...laff don rearrange my eye lashes...... A place wey persn go dey laff to anoda persn post bt e no post him own

1 Like

Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Lovethywilbedon: 12:20am On Jan 28, 2013
It is only in naija that two guys will enter a bar, buy only only two bottles of beer and surround them with 36 empty bottles forming "SHAYO MASTERS". It is only in Naija that a man will buy 2 phones, Iphone5 and Nokia Lumina only to make and recieve calls with them, and can't even creat or read text massages. It is only in Naija that a man living in one room, will stay in darkness for one month and still recieve an electric bill of N7,500., even if he is a welder. It is in Naija that a police whose job it is to protect live, can easily waste one just because of N20 rojjah. It is only in Naija that a Presidential contestant can promise to construct a second Niger bridge if elected and still come back again to make the same promise while contesting for second tenure irrespective of the fact that 2 former Presidents have made the same promise.
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 28, 2013
Bobbysworld28: A lot of those things aren't only in Naija. Get ur facts right
are they in naija undecided
Re: Some Fake Lifestyles You Find In Nigeria by edwonderz(m): 1:02am On Jan 28, 2013
Only in Nigeria you'll see a nigerian abusing Nigeria/nigerians and still remain in Nigerian.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Woman Gives Birth To A Lizard In Omoku Market" - Facebook User Shares Photos / What To Do When Your Anger Is Out Of Control / Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.