Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,080 members, 7,807,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? (5221 Views)

Your Greatest Achievement This Year / What Is Your Greatest Phobia? / What's Your Greatest Fear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
My greatest fear as a child was that "what if Vampires existed"
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by ayanfeeledumare: 2:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
My Dad's Cane
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Kesmakveli(m): 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
Breaking anitin made of glass in the house cos my dad will skin me alive.. Lol
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
Willy Willy and my dad's koboko angry
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
Praying Mantis!
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by freecocoa(f): 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
I remember my cousin's son.

When this boy was a year and some months old, nothing scared him like RAIN.

Just tell him "Yein yein" is coming and you would have a hypertensive child immediately.

That boy who now tells me "Aunty issabella is still angry with me,what should I do"? used to fear rain more than devil himself.cheesy
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Agbo2(m): 2:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
My greatest fear as a child was loosing my parents.
@sisi, those tins u saw were real. You were possessed by some evil spirits who were trying to reveal themselves to u.

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by nwadyke2001(m): 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
When i was a child i beat all the junior ones around me i love hearing their cry

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by freecocoa(f): 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
Agbo2:
@sisi, those tins u saw were real. You were possessed by some evil spirits who were trying to reveal themselves to u.
Wtf? They weren't real abeg.

I imagined things too as a kid and thought I was seeing them , really scary things but most times I just told myself "snap out of it joor" and that was the end of it for that day\time.
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by SisiKill1: 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
Agbo2: My greatest fear as a child was loosing my parents.

Rotflmao!! cheesy cheesy
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Theloveth(m): 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
Snake,heights and deadbody.I wont sleep in ma room when a close relative die.Mehn bigboy don come o.But now all i fear is tommorrow
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by zonax(m): 3:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
kcjazz: Willy Willy play on NTA grin Very very scary
That thing scared d living hell out of me
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by stupor(m): 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
As a kid,I once thought I would never pass mathematics during Elementary and some part of my high school years,but not until i managed to have a C4 at WAEC,i was so elated that i took on a Maths related course as part of my college !

And i still blaze and do well uptil now practically and arithmetically.

Jesus !

Maths was like a Jazz and voodoo subject then !

I am indeed grateful to God and a few teachers.

I can draft and redraft a formular or equations like mad now !
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by oyinbogirl(f): 4:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
I was always scared of the dark. All kinds of shapes and shadows became monsters. I loved my cats but freaked out seeing their shiny eyes in the dark once under our house. I got to watch a couple of scary movies and thats when i got scared of the dark. i never watched again but still had trouble keeping images out of my mind, and relaxing enough to let the sleep come. Seems so silly now grin
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Roland17(m): 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
Those Arab looking dudes walking the streets of Lagos alms begging and singing "bam-bi-ala give me money" rumour had it they were kidnappers specialized in abducting children, whenever me or my siblings sight them, na run oooo, infact the street go empty quick quick..

Growing up in Lagos during the mid 90's was huge fun...
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Meklex(m): 5:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
I'm always scared of getting drunk as a kid
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Ivyluvie: 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
I feard horror movies,home and foreign...cos by d tym i'm in d dark,i feel lyk as if d mummy or zombie or reptiles or probably our own occultic masqurade is watchn me nd planin a way to attack me frm behind,so to sleep peacefully i curl up on my bed,shield myself by using d pillow,close my eye,shut d windows(who knws a witch might appear there)i dnt care if i sweat lyk a christmas goat,all i knw is dat am tryn to protect myself.lol.i stil do it(sm aw),bt bible is always besyd me.lol.lolz.
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
My father.
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
lonipeter: Hi peeps, as a child, we worry about some things, sometimes irrationally, mine was bed wetting, I do ask myself 'when will I (or 'will I ever...) stop bed wetting?' and I always fear being in an enclosure (a phobia). What are yours?
After watching a scare moveis from a Town Hall and hv to walk 1 to 2 km back home.
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
cry
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 29, 2013
Chucky and that wicked laughter from tales from the crypt!
cry
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by swaggie(m): 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mine was dat i was scared of those juju (witches & wizard or babalawo) nollywood movies. Azzzin, i hardly slept peacefully any time i set my eyes on them. To make tinz worse, i couldnt go to the toilet to pee at night cuz i wuz scared dat d witches in those movies would suddenly appear and hurt me and as a result of dat, i would pee d bed. *smh* maaan u cant imagine hw many times i peed d bed for this reason.*smh*
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Les: 6:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
My beautiful nairalanders.... Believe it or u leave it.... Right from my childhood up till now.... I still fear snails esp d big ones like say tomoro no de.... Seriously, i prefer sighting snakes than snails
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by pinky21(f): 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
BarryX: Police ... Like " the policeman"...then if you really want me to be Humble. Just threaten me with the cliché " I would call police for you" instantly am yours for the taking . Looking back now gives me mixed feelings like WTF was I afraid of!!! Childhood memories? Now wherever I go I want to hand any policeman" heavy dirty slaps"
. U don dey proud abeg no slap mopo cos u go make frontpage for NL even police dey craze atimes
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by pinky21(f): 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
My mum was my greatest fear, den dere was a saying in my house dat d wrath of mum is d beginning of wisdom. But she is so cool nw dat every 1 is complaining. Love u mum. U re d best
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by ideee03(f): 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
1)Willie willie,Chuky,Things fall apart,Nneka the preety Serpent.Soaps and home videos like that scared the hell outta me.

2)Tear gas(to me it was synonymous to a big lion)...as a child,a riot took place close to our house,police came nd sprayed tear gas to scare off people.Mistakenly,a guy that lives close to uus was shot on d leg. cry..he survived tho...but then,I thought it was the tear gas that injured him.Anytime I see him,I'lld run 4-40
3)The dark...
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Mcleo007(m): 7:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mine was water. I still fear it till date.. I always think water will sweep me away.
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mine was the fact that i will live to see d day the world ends with d almighty trumpet. So at midnight, whenever the train sounds,i develope arrythmias and insomnia
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mine was the fact that i might live to see d day the world ends with d almighty trumpet. So at midnight, whenever the train sounds, i will think its judgement day. Thats yr 2000 .I developed arrythmias and insomnia
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by micki83(m): 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
BarryX: Police ... Like " the policeman"...then if you really want me to be Humble. Just threaten me with the cliché " I would call police for you" instantly am yours for the taking . Looking back now gives me mixed feelings like WTF was I afraid of!!! Childhood memories? Now wherever I go I want to hand any policeman" heavy dirty slaps"
...Early signs of a future menace to d society,perhaps?lol
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by micki83(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
I think one of my greatest fears as a kid was a trip to d hospital,with d promise of injections.I used to be kinda sickly and prone to injuries/wounds wen I was a kid,so those hospital trips were regular.then,nothing scared me more than injections or wound-dressings and such. I remember one time,wen I was,like 6 yrs old,I scrapped my knee badly while playing and my mom took me to a nearby clinic to treat d wound.of course,being that I hated anything that had to do with hospital procedures,it took,like 5 ppl to hold me down.now,while d wound was being treated,I kept screaming and wailing,and saying everything that I culd think of to my poor mother,(who was among d ppl holding me): "mommy plsssss...mommy,remember I'm d only son u hav...mommy,if these ppl kill me here,u want hav a son again o!...mommy,are u my real motheeeeeer?!!! Boo hoo hoo...!!!!"
Afterwards,everyone who knew abt that night teased me for,like,ever.lol. Till date,anytime I look at d scar on my knee,I can't help but chuckle to myself!

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by BukkyDan(f): 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
Rotflol @ all ya comments.
I was scared of insects no matter how tiny.
Darkness too..haaa! I'd sream my head off.
Scared of sleep, cos I don't wanna dream of masqurades...and many more

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ALERT: Beware Of This Boko Haram Bird! / Practice NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship Past Questions And Answers Here / See The Mysterious Sea Creature Which Washed Up On The Coast Of Indonesia Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.