Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,560 members, 7,801,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) (19221 Views)

Blackberry Launches New Model Phone “blackberry Classic” / Ios 7 Specs VS Android 4.2, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 / Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by sweetgala(m): 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
RIM do know how to make good touch intensive devices,had a BB tablet for a few months and it is crisp and effortless to use. Needs lot of work to stack up against Android but it has a slim chance from reports so far.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by dnawah(m): 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
nex: This is the device that will seal the fate of RIM. The have fooled people for long enough.

The networks are complaining that BlackBerry devices are alllowing users consume too much data, the users are complaining that with their BlackBerrys, they can't do as much as others can with other smartphones.

The networks are also quite upset with the new WiFi voice capability, and there is Nokia retrieving several of their patents which they licensed RIM to use on its BlackBerry devices.

In terms of its outward design, it's clearly an iPhone wannabe.

My issue with the Blackberry 10 series though, is that they have not mentioned any significant improvements in their battery life, and that really is the bane of using a BlackBerry.

Last year, they sacked 2,000 workers, but this year, I see RIM folding up.
and tecno go buy am,hihihihigrin
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Aringon(m): 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
All these people talking abt andriod app, what do they know abt andriod and out of the 300,000 apps, how many of them do they really use. You can't even design a toy let alone a fone and you decide to write nonsense abt BB. If u hate BB, people like me hate iphone, Nokia and anything andriod .

There will be a BB with a physical keyboard and code name BB X10( u can google that too) and will be released same date with BB Z10
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Godogwu: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
Definitely getting it at once its out in retail stores. I detest the iPhone 5 and i can't be bothered about the S3
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by alorauzoms(m): 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
A senior collegue told me dat NL has bn taken ova by irrational thinking adult or kids per say. Anytime see a tread here abt bb,80% of d comments are against bb.that andriod is better. Yet almost all of u dat critize bb uses bb plan on ur andriod devices . Hw hypocritical. Una no dey d tire . Its becomin so annoying.

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by loswhite(m): 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
Godogwu: Definitely getting it at once its out in retail stores. I detest the iPhone 5 and i can't be bothered about the S3
wat is it u detest abt d iPhone 5 ?
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
No External Qwerty Keyboard? Sorry I'm sticking with the iphone and Samsung Galaxy S3

RIM should have known by now that their "physical keyboard" was a huge selling point.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by talktimi(m): 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
Ill still buy it o but e go be later when the price falls to like 30/40k after a few months. E no concern me

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by bitweezy: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
But seriously BB10 or whatever it's going to be called is not a device that can be overlooked, am a Phandroid but the Specs and the benchmark scores that decision device is churning out makes me jealous.

To be more precise there is no Android device with BB10 screen size and thickness that carries both a 2gb of Ram and 2800mAh of battery, thats a lot of battery power for a device its size not even Xperia packs in that amount of power.

Prior to BB10 the Iphone 5 held the title for best browser benchmark scores but it has been overtaken by BB10 and the OS brings with a wonderful multitasking experience of 8 active tiles

It's definitely a device worth the publicity

2 Likes

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
I won't even touch this phone with a stick if the battery is a JM1. My life can't be revolving round my phone charger.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by talktimi(m): 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
HQ: No External Qwerty Keyboard? Sorry I'm sticking with the iphone and Samsung Galaxy S3

RIM should have known by now that their "physical keyboard" was a huge selling point.
there's a physical qwerty coming out the same day called the X10 which is what I'm getting soon as it lands Naija
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by sarutobie(m): 9:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
blink182: I won't even touch this phone with a stick if the battery is a JM1. My life can't be revolving round my phone charger.
^ blissful ignorance...
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by AKMoney1(m): 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
bitweezy: But seriously BB10 or whatever it's going to be called is not a device that can be overlooked, am a Phandroid but the Specs and the benchmark scores that decision device is churning out makes me jealous.

To be more precise there is no Android device with BB10 screen size and thickness that carries both a 2gb of Ram and 2800mAh of battery, thats a lot of battery power for a device its size not even Xperia packs in that amount of power.

Prior to BB10 the Iphone 5 held the title for best browser benchmark scores but it has been overtaken by BB10 and the OS brings with a wonderful multitasking experience of 8 active tiles

[size=15pt] God bless you, help me tell the Hypocrites tongue [/size]

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
talktimi: there's a physical qwerty coming out the same day called the X10 which is what I'm getting soon as it lands Naija

Really? That should be good, I'll check it out. I've found the keyboard on the Bold 5 second to none (forget all the little annoying details). It's one of the reasons I still kept a blackberry to date.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by sewuun(m): 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
just like the porshe flop in low sales BB Z10 too won't freak for too long the snag bb have is to lift off prices on important applications in there app world like BATT EXTENDER CAMERA LENS APPS nice apps that can spice up ur BB after ur subscription ends
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Godogwu: 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
loswhite: wat is it u detest abt d iPhone 5 ?

I don't like using something thats all over the place. its not a bad phone.... I have the 4s and i also have the bold 9900, the bold is my primary phone and the 4s is basically sort of an iPod... Nothing major. I'm really not an apple freak, i just own 2 apple products the 4s and the mbp i just bought... the 4s was a gift
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by henry007(m): 2:33am On Jan 29, 2013
puskin: Please.....if I should go near dat device, someone should do me the courtesy of giving me a correct internet slap.

RIM never serious to fight for market share.
pls whats your definition of serious? this piece is gon blow apple and android away.....do your research farmboy

bitweezy: But seriously BB10 or whatever it's going to be called is not a device that can be overlooked, am a Phandroid but the Specs and the benchmark scores that decision device is churning out makes me jealous.

the battery is 1800mAh but still with an optimised OS wld get u thru most of the day with 3G unlike say apple or galaxy. iphone which i have, im afraid cant go 3hrs browsing with 3g coz nigerian 3g kills battery faster that what obtains abroad best believe this
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by hotwax: 5:44am On Jan 29, 2013
What I cherished about this device is, its application packaging is easy just like windows 8 mobile, unlike some..I don't wanna mention names.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Revolva(m): 6:29am On Jan 29, 2013
coolBB 10 na the best device ever made by RIM I still don't like andriod that much..its consume data as for me my BB data I dey download the whole world haha!!! Try dat on iphone or andriod ..ur money go finish !! Weda my papa share for all the telco companies!!! BB rock all d way
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by BrightDeGea(m): 7:13am On Jan 29, 2013
The only slim rope holding the BB is the monthly data stuff, the day the service provider stops it, BB is a gooner

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:55am On Jan 29, 2013
alorauzoms: Yet almost all of u dat critize bb uses bb plan on ur andriod devices . Hw hypocritical. Una no dey d tire . Its becomin so annoying.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pray tell, i need to understand something. why do you NEED people to approve of your choices?

it seems it would make u feel better if they were praising BB along with you. why is that?

u are unusually affected by the fact that BB gets criticised. i wonder just why.

u need someone to validate your choice and make u feel that u are not mumu for using a BB?

and btw, you do understand THE DIFFERENCE BTW BLACKBERRY the HARDWARE DEVICE AND ITS TERRIBLE OS and THE BLACKBERRY INTERNET SERVICE?

one is the physical phone you pay for and put in your pocket and press etc etc

the other is simply an internet subscription model that is commonly used by the those that use the BB phones and lately other smartphones.

so why do you then think that a BIS subscription automagically cures the nonsense hardware/OS that is the BB till date?

when people complain about a BB, u often notice that its the hardware/software that they have valid issues with, not the internet on it.

and when they praise Apple or Android, its usually the hardware/os, not the internet service on it
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:02am On Jan 29, 2013
Aringon: All these people talking abt andriod app, what do they know abt andriod and out of the 300,000 apps, how many of them do they really use. You can't even design a toy let alone a fone and you decide to write nonsense abt BB. If u hate BB, people like me hate iphone, Nokia and anything andriod .

There will be a BB with a physical keyboard and code name BB X10( u can google that too) and will be released same date with BB Z10

ok. Thanks for enlightening us.

but then again, i suppose YOU designed the new BB devices?

and then again, i could be wrong but i do believe RIM has made a biggest push ever to get apps into their store for BB10, even dashing developers 10k dollars for porting major apps. they advertise it as having over 100k apps at launch etc etc

but you are telling us now that android apps are of no moment as we simply cannot use all of them. the ones in the BB app world, i suppose you will use all of them?

braa, i think i told u before, u don't have to have everybody join you in praising a BB. Buy ya own first and enjoy solo. afterall u know all the benefits that accrue to you.

anyway if u can use a present day BB and still praise it, BB10 will be like heaven on earth no matter what it turns out to be like anyway.

BUT AT LEAST TRY BUY AM FIRST AND USE NAA grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:07am On Jan 29, 2013
bitweezy:

pls source of this info?

i thought the leaks said it was 1800MaH.

and then again i suppose u have used the phone to know the battery does indeed last so long? seems u do not understand that battery rating and actual life span are two different things
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Youngpo413: 8:25am On Jan 29, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: dead on arrival undecided most of d features I saw on YouTube r already on most android devices. this bb 10 is just not gonna help RIM at all...they r losing out at quick pace.
even most of ma friends on Facebook that happened to b blackberry users av ditched bb to go android.
their popularity is Nigeria is dwindling.

Im wondering what people are still doing with RIM and their useless OS,as for me,I hate blackberry and will continue to.......,android and window are the best and everyone knows that.Useless blackberry.
FIN.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Youngpo413: 8:33am On Jan 29, 2013
alorauzoms: A senior collegue told me dat NL has bn taken ova by irrational thinking adult or kids per say. Anytime see a tread here abt bb,80% of d comments are against bb.that andriod is better. Yet almost all of u dat critize bb uses bb plan on ur andriod devices . Hw hypocritical. Una no dey d tire . Its becomin so annoying.

because our eyes are open now,RIM should go to hell with their useless Os.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by BrightDeGea(m): 9:18am On Jan 29, 2013
Android is Gulder than BB
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Akainzo(m): 9:36am On Jan 29, 2013
HQ: No External Qwerty Keyboard? Sorry I'm sticking with the iphone and Samsung Galaxy S3

You are quite funny, aint you? You are complaining about a lack of physical keyboard, therefore you are going to stick with phones that DO NOT have physical keyboards! grin How very ingenious of you. smiley smiley smiley
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Akainzo(m): 9:42am On Jan 29, 2013
sewuun: just like the porshe flop in low sales BB Z10 too won't freak for too long the snag bb have is to lift off prices on important applications in there app world like BATT EXTENDER CAMERA LENS APPS nice apps that can spice up ur BB after ur subscription ends

You have made a statement based on a false assumption. How did you expect that RIM would expect the Porsche 9981 to have massive sales around the worls when it was made and marketed as a niche phone? My friend, the phone goes for $2.5K, do you know how many people even would want to spend that on a phone?
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Revolva(m): 12:11pm On Jan 29, 2013
But please why is nokia lumia not able to transfer just a comon picture file..to my BB..via bluetooth why na it can't even pair it no bluetooth facility to send out to other types of fone..shege for what
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Aringon(m): 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by jedisco(m): 12:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
Revolva: But please why is nokia lumia not able to transfer just a comon picture file..to my BB..via bluetooth why na it can't even pair it no bluetooth facility to send out to other types of fone..shege for what

Man update your phone to WP 7.8. It has an app that enables you do that.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Akainzo(m): 2:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
jedisco:

Man update your phone to WP 7.8. It has an app that enables you do that.

When one starts needing "an app" to do basic things, then what is the essence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oraimo Launched Green World Exclusive Flagship Store In Lagos / 10 Kinds Of Girls You'll Find On Facebook - Naijatechguy / NIN: Telecom Workers Reject 2 Weeks Deadline For Subscribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.